• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Pray for me to get Xiao.

Wonder how gonna be the rotation... or will be two banner at the same time?
Yea it'll likely be 2 at the same time (Xiao/Ganyu) with their set of 4stars, followed by Shenhe/Yunjin banner in the 2nd half of 2.4.

z29zp87wvu481.png

Fuz

Banned
2.4 event banner, pretty much confirms that we'll have Ganyu/Xiao double rerun banner (similar to Eula/Albedo) along with the Shenhe banner in the 2nd half with Yunjin.

qh3s12mgcv481.jpg
Not sure if I want to roll for cocogoat.
She's OP, and that's it. I don't like her character, I don't like her design, I don't like playing with bows ESPECIALLY aiming. And what will I need her OPness for? The abyss? I hate it. The overworld? Ah!
90% pass, change my mind.

Pejo

Just thinking.
Yunjin will be free.
Who the fuck is gonna roll for that banner?
iu

She's OP, and that's it. I don't like her character, I don't like her design, I don't like playing with bows ESPECIALLY aiming. And what will I need her OPness for? The abyss? I hate it. The overworld? Ah!
She makes a lot of grinds 1000x easier. I use her + 3 freindship farming characters on every domain that isn't Ice based. She makes the annoying "destroy the balloon cart" or "protect the balloon cart" quests a non issue. She makes weekly Dvalin fight take about 20 seconds including load times. If there was a QoL character for the whole game, it's Ganyu. It just lets you skip a lot of annoying content that isn't worth doing after the first 3 or 4 times.

Half of this thread pulled for fish lady. People have extremely low standards when it comes to waifus lmao

pCBUQwh.jpg

It's good to have a powerful ranged character for certain annoying challenges, boss fights, commissions etc. Even if you dislike her gameplay, the game will occasionally force you to do aimed shots anyway. Might as well go with Ganyu then, since she's a strong off-field cryo support too.

But I'm not trying to convince you. If you don't like her, don't pull for her. Primos are limited, and it's entirely possible they'll release four or five cool new characters from Sumeru in a row.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
Shenhe could still be good. Leakers have been wrong before.
Good in what way?

Leakers were wrong about Cocogoat. Because dumb fucks were using her AA instead of CA.

Here we have a classic support role with energy generation problems who fits ONLY in cryo comps. We know all the numbers/skills, even her signature weapon is absolutely fucking terrible. Another doughnut lol

Nothing about it will change after release unfortunately, just look at Kokomi, YMY, Sara etc. People complained, but nothing changed and in the end people were not wrong to complain.

GI is a game in which by nature every hero is viable.
People aren't gonna spend money over Chinese new year for a copium character that's hardly better than a 4 star. She's less flexible so her dmg buff needs to be bigger.

Leakers thought Kazuha sucked too. They were wrong. Let's hope they're wrong again.

Pejo

So here's some interesting news. Genshin outside of China is now published under MHY's child company Cognosphere based out of Singapore.

Lots of wild speculation, but it seems an advanced action taken to prevent issues with the CCP and MHY publishing the game outside of CN. At best, it could be to avoid the recent CCP videogame censorship rules. So far it's just Genshin and Tears of Themis, but likely Honkai and Star Rail will also move.

• Fire
Reactions: Fuz

YukiOnna

So here's some interesting news. Genshin outside of China is now published under MHY's child company Cognosphere based out of Singapore.

Lots of wild speculation, but it seems an advanced action taken to prevent issues with the CCP and MHY publishing the game outside of CN. At best, it could be to avoid the recent CCP videogame censorship rules. So far it's just Genshin and Tears of Themis, but likely Honkai and Star Rail will also move.

Explains why Cognosphere shows up when I buy Genesis Crystals...

Pejo

Lmao, no way. GI is PC by design, plus MHY fans are crazy and would never let "unfair" difference between the game versions.

Nice art style:
aecs5r17m7481.jpg
I'm not necessarily talking about boobs and stuff. The CCP rules also dictate stuff like never painting China or Chinese people as villains, no post-apocalyptic imagery, etc.

Azure Lane/GFL/several other games are more censored in CN than other territories, most of which are developed in CN. That said, you're right, MHY fans seem especially unhinged. If only the Great Firewall™ worked as intended, then they'd never see what we get and they don't.

BlackM1st

Banned
If only the Great Firewall™ worked as intended, then they'd never see what we get and they don't.
To have less censorship we need more censorship

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

The CCP rules also dictate stuff like never painting China or Chinese people as villains, no post-apocalyptic imagery, etc.

No way. Have you read that furry general character bio? He's talking about how great it would be to visit Liyue mountains xD

Pejo

No way. Have you read that furry general character bio? He's talking about how great it would be to visit Liyue mountains xD
Well naturally, it IS Liyue after all! The whole time that you're not in Liyue, you should be asking yourself, "I wonder what's happening in Liyue?"

Between you and Fuz Fuz , I guess I'll go ahead and do Furryboi's hangout. There better at least be something funny or interesting that comes out of it though.

os7fpawym1581.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Well naturally, it IS Liyue after all! The whole time that you're not in Liyue, you should be asking yourself, "I wonder what's happening in Liyue?"

Between you and Fuz Fuz , I guess I'll go ahead and do Furryboi's hangout. There better at least be something funny or interesting that comes out of it though.

os7fpawym1581.jpg
hot blue velvet GIF

crumbs

• Beats up a few generic soldiers half his size
  • Loses to the worst character in the game that lost every other battle and negotiation
  • Explains nothing further
  • Disappears
Itto gang, we eatin' good tonight. What an intro.
I dunno about you, but when I think 'Bad Ass', I think designer nails and a deployable cow(?) mascot. :messenger_expressionless:

SSfox

Itto looks cool to me but I think I may have to skip for many reason, not enough ressources to build him (plus I'm already busy building and optimizing my actual teams), and not the 4* i want most, if Beidou was in the banner I will pull for sure but... At this point I think unless Z will rerun I'm gonna skip all banners until Beidou will show up.

At this point I think unless Z will rerun I'm gonna skip all banners until Beidou will show up.
Pulling for 4 stars is hard to recommend. You likely will get screwed over by the random nature of 4 star drops and early 5 stars. If you end up wasting your pity on a 5 star you don't want, the effects of that could cripple your account for a long time.

But hey, if you have no pity accumulated and there's no 5 stars coming up that you want, you could throw in a couple of wishes. It's hard to say when Zhongli will return. He could be in any of the three upcoming patches.

crumbs

Working through the Inzauma archon quest and it really loses momentum when they introduce the resistance. Choosing these character designs (Gorou & Kokomi) to be the resistance leaders was a strange decision by the devs (weak English VAs don't help either). Usually they use adult model designs for characters in positions of authority (Jean, Lisa, Kaeya, Ningguang, Shogun, Sara, etc). I keep putting off the archon story and instead focusing on exploring the islands.

So as to avoid being overly negative, I am enjoying the designs of the various islands, especially finding some of the tucked-away underground areas.

Top Bottom