• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Gold Member
Working through the Inzauma archon quest and it really loses momentum when they introduce the resistance. Choosing these character designs (Gorou & Kokomi) to be the resistance leaders was a strange decision by the devs (weak English VAs don't help either). Usually they use adult model designs for characters in positions of authority (Jean, Lisa, Kaeya, Ningguang, Shogun, Sara, etc). I keep putting off the archon story and instead focusing on exploring the islands.

So as to avoid being overly negative, I am enjoying the designs of the various islands, especially finding some of the tucked-away underground areas.
Yep it's pretty widely agreed upon that they fucked up the 2nd half of the Archon quest in Inazuma. There are still some cool parts and scenes ahead for you, but the narrative quality is just piss poor, and I haven't talked to anybody that liked the Resistance or their story part. You're on the right track with enjoying the islands, but keep in mind there's a new weekly boss tied to the Archon quest, so if you want to start farming those boss ascension materials or chances at prototypes, it's probably better to finish the archon quest before the next weekly reset. If you don't care about that, no big deal.

Also, I'm not sure how the game handles access to the islands once they're all out, but the original release order was Narukami/Kannazuka/Yashiori were all there at release. Then, Seirai and Watatsumi were in the next patch, followed by Tsurumi. If you care about world lore at all, I would at least recommend doing Seirai before Tsurumi as they kinda tie in to each other.

BlackM1st

Banned
Working through the Inzauma archon quest and it really loses momentum when they introduce the resistance. Choosing these character designs (Gorou & Kokomi) to be the resistance leaders was a strange decision by the devs (weak English VAs don't help either). Usually they use adult model designs for characters in positions of authority (Jean, Lisa, Kaeya, Ningguang, Shogun, Sara, etc). I keep putting off the archon story and instead focusing on exploring the islands.

So as to avoid being overly negative, I am enjoying the designs of the various islands, especially finding some of the tucked-away underground areas.
Oh, don't you worry. This whole resistance stuff crumbles on itself pretty fast (and pretty brutally), just move forward with the story. IIRC you will visit its HQ only once or twice. In the end it's all about you and Baal personal chemistry.

crumbs

Thanks for the input. I just started exploring Kokomi's clam... island, but I'll put that on hold and take your collective advice to wrap up the archon quest. As you said, I currently cannot access the new world boss or that new floating wolf boss, so does make to move things along.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, who the fuck thought that kakkomi and the furry could have been good rapresentatives for a rebellion?

btw have you guys ever noticed that paimon has a giant butt? First time I realize that.

paibutt.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Thanks for the input. I just started exploring Kokomi's clam... island, but I'll put that on hold and take your collective advice to wrap up the archon quest. As you said, I currently cannot access the new world boss or that new floating wolf boss, so does make to move things along.
Well the Wolf boss is gated by Tsurumi Island progress too I think, but unless you're planning on getting Itto or Gorou, no other characters use his mats as of now.

crumbs

Yeah, who the fuck thought that kakkomi and the furry could have been good rapresentatives for a rebellion?

btw have you guys ever noticed that paimon has a giant butt? First time I realize that.

paibutt.jpg
For Paimon:

1. She likes to eat, so maybe all that food goes right to her ass? Perhaps floating around instead of walking is limiting her aerobic activity.

2. Maybe it's a diaper? Not seeing a lot of porta-potties around in Teyvat.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Lots of people seem to like Gorou at the very least. I can't fathom why though. He looks like a furry's twitter avatar. Like if someone took a generic anime face, pasted some dog ears onto it and some cringy makeup, and presto, it's Gorou.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Regardless of the number, they have been shown time and time again to have an unusually high amount of disposable income and are willing to spend it on this exact type of stuff.
Thank god he's not a 5 star character then. Could you imagine what'd happen if the Gorou banner was the most popular one yet? Probably nothing because MHY doesn't care at all.

It's an anime game. What do you expect? That's like, 90% of furries population at least.
But there's zero furries in this thread as far as I know. Maybe we're an outlier.

BlackM1st

Banned
Lots of people seem to like Gorou at the very least. I can't fathom why though. He looks like a furry's twitter avatar. Like if someone took a generic anime face, pasted some dog ears onto it and some cringy makeup, and presto, it's Gorou.

BECAUSE THEY'RE FURRIES!
Are there THAT many?
Regardless of the number, they have been shown time and time again to have an unusually high amount of disposable income and are willing to spend it on this exact type of stuff.

SSfox

Pulling for 4 stars is hard to recommend. You likely will get screwed over by the random nature of 4 star drops and early 5 stars. If you end up wasting your pity on a 5 star you don't want, the effects of that could cripple your account for a long time.

But hey, if you have no pity accumulated and there's no 5 stars coming up that you want, you could throw in a couple of wishes. It's hard to say when Zhongli will return. He could be in any of the three upcoming patches.
That's what i though at first when i see people pull for 4* stars, but Beidou is just so much fun and by far my favorite main DPS in the game, i have her C0 she's doing great, but i'm tempted for her C6, i mean we'll see, the perfect scenario is she will be in Xiao banner, it's a character i wanted but still not sure if i pull or not, and i also have Jade Spear so that would do it for sure. But if she will be in Shenhe banner i'm not really sure because i'm not feeling that much Shenhe so far, she looks pretty and have great design but her gameplay style doesn't smell too much fun to me when i saw her in action, but who knows.

Something cool with this system double banner is if you pull only for 4* then you get the 5* early, and then you're not interested to C that one, you can go pull to the other banner, if you pull another 5* banner it's gonna be another character, and that's pretty cool for those who want to max out their 5* characters collection.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
That's what i though at first when i see people pull for 4* stars, but Beidou is just so much fun and by far my favorite main DPS in the game, i have her C0 she's doing great, but i'm tempted for her C6, i mean we'll see, the perfect scenario is she will be in Xiao banner
I'm not expecting Beidou on the banner anytime soon. Kujou Sara, Razor and Fischl haven't had a rate up in a long time. They will likely have priority over Beidou, and since Mihoyo dislikes putting characters of the same element on the banner, Beidou will be at least 3 banners away. You will however be able to get a free Beidou constellation during the next lantern rite though, if you don't mind skipping Yun Jin.

BlackM1st

Banned
First one I can't see, I'm NEVER gonna do an age verification showing those pieces of shit any document. Edit: you should be ashamed for having done so.
Second one was amazing until 1:24.
Lmao in what universe you're showing your ID to Google? Don't you have a Gmail account? xD

BlackM1st

Banned
That's what i though at first when i see people pull for 4* stars, but Beidou is just so much fun and by far my favorite main DPS in the game, i have her C0 she's doing great, but i'm tempted for her C6, i mean we'll see, the perfect scenario is she will be in Xiao banner, it's a character i wanted but still not sure if i pull or not, and i also have Jade Spear so that would do it for sure. But if she will be in Shenhe banner i'm not really sure because i'm not feeling that much Shenhe so far, she looks pretty and have great design but her gameplay style doesn't smell too much fun to me when i saw her in action, but who knows.

Something cool with this system double banner is if you pull only for 4* then you get the 5* early, and then you're not interested to C that one, you can go pull to the other banner, if you pull another 5* banner it's gonna be another character, and that's pretty cool for those who want to max out their 5* characters collection.
It took me C3 Baal to get to C6 Sara. So... uh... Goodluck?

Fuz

Banned
Lmao in what universe you're showing your ID to Google? Don't you have a Gmail account? xD
Not sure if that happens based on IP and country, but after the login they ask for an ID verification or credit card (lol, get fucked).

I think if you didn't sign up for a Google account before such a date, you actually have to show them your Driver's License/ID now to get "verified". Crazy shit.
I've had a google account since before you kids discovered "the internet".

Last edited:

SSfox

It took me C3 Baal to get to C6 Sara. So... uh... Goodluck?
Yeah that's the thing with 4*. For example while pulling Albedo in 80 wishes i got 7 Noel, +1 Razor, No Rosaria and no Bennet lol. Though still glad cause C6 Noelle is actually amazing and it's a character i use so.

As you said i'll need luck, specially since i already used most of it in the Homa banner LOL

crumbs

So here's a question for the Inazuma archon quest:

Just ran into Scaramouche at the Delusion factory. The MC immediately reacts and is ready to fight, based on their history from the Unreconciled Stars event from 1.1. That was a limited time event, so do new players (or those that started after 1.1) get a different cut scene that introduces Scaramouche?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
So here's a question for the Inazuma archon quest:

Just ran into Scaramouche at the Delusion factory. The MC immediately reacts and is ready to fight, based on their history from the Unreconciled Stars event from 1.1. That was a limited time event, so do new players (or those that started after 1.1) get a different cut scene that introduces Scaramouche?
Nah, it's only natural to fight a boy in shorts and a giant dumb hat. There's no need for any other reason.

Pejo

Gold Member
2.4 can finally max out Sakura tree, confirmed.

Also, a little blast from the past:
k5wn6aw93h581.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
So here's an Itto solo fight vs. Childe. About average for a claymore character at max investment. Certainly isn't supplanting Eula as best claymore DPS.

Fuz

Banned
3 Brabrabra, 2 Xianling, 1 Itto, 1 Gorou
Got him on 82° pull.

I'm done for the next 6 months.

Edit: One Yanfei from getting 10 standard wishes by leveling Itto.

Last edited:

crumbs

So here's an Itto solo fight vs. Childe. About average for a claymore character at max investment. Certainly isn't supplanting Eula as best claymore DPS.
His attack speed looks pretty quick for a claymore user, apparently that's due to his second passive talent? Otherwise, I'm still not much into claymores.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
4 Brabrabra, 2 Xianling, 1 Itto, 1 Gorou

I'm done for the next 6 months.
Off to stroke some tails in peace?

*edit*

Just got my Eula triple crowned, and got my first 1 million dmg Elemental burst vs Geovishap boss. Her artifacts aren't even good substats or at +20. Can't wait to see what I can get when she's "finished".

Man the talent grind is expensive, Mora wise. Nice to see some actual payoff to focusing on building a character though, as it felt like a lot of my characters are middle grade with bad artifacts/sets and low talent levels. I've seen whales hit like 2.5 million with her burst, but since I'm not rolling for weapon refines, I'm completely happy with 1 million. Nothing in the game can even survive like 750k-ish unless they have a stupid HP threshold or shield mechanic.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Now for the big question.

Go for style over substance
Itto-01.jpg

Or craft a Whiteblind in a game that clearly knows what I want and hates me?
Itto-02.jpg

Pejo

Gold Member
Now for the big question.

Go for style over substance
Itto-01.jpg

Or craft a Whiteblind in a game that clearly knows what I want and hates me?
Itto-02.jpg
His ER looks pretty bad from the demo videos I've seen, but either way you're going to need high refines on either of those crafted claymores. You could use Sac Greatsword and shit out a bunch of little bull guys, that might be fun.

Do you do the BP? If so, that claymore should be pretty good.

SSfox

So in the end i ended pulling for Itto, after trying him he's as fun as he looked like. Got him after 83 wishes, and best thing is in the last 10 pulls i got both him and Qiqi, super happy but now that i'm 100% i'm gonna have to skip all upcming banners that doesn't have Z. Also got 2 Gorou, 3 Barabara and 3 XL.

He so much fun bruh, now gonna up him though and go kill that Geo boss at least 10 times lol

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom