• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
We can disagree on some characters here and there, but we can all agree that Zhongli is the absolute ultimate GOAT.
Zhongli's a mary stu, his design sucks ass and his kit is boring af and only serves to trivialize the game by rendering 90% of enemy attacks useless. I won't budge on this, and can't wait for the day the rest of the GI playerbase sees the light.

BlackM1st

Banned
and only serves to trivialize the game by rendering 90% of enemy attacks useless
And it's bad because...? I swear, some people DO love to suffer haha

his design sucks ass
Pop Tv Fashion GIF by Schitt's Creek

can't wait for the day the rest of the GI playerbase sees the light
You missed it lol

He lost his relevancy already.

The day Signora World Boss fight was released, was the day when meta ultimately shifted.

Now he's just kinda there...

He's great for the old content, not so great for the current patch and he might as well be useless for the next updates.

Something similar happened to Venti.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
And it's bad because...? I swear, some people DO love to suffer haha
He just makes the game boring because there's no stakes. It's like putting the game on baby difficulty. No more thinking or reflexes required, just use big shield so you can ignore everything the opponent does. The vast majority of the content in this game is laughably easy already. No need to make it even more mind-numbing.

Tell that to the people who keep shilling him like some kind of must pull character that will change your account. He won't. He's completely skippable unless you play on phone or tablet.

BlackM1st

Banned
No need to make it even more mind-numbing.
Well, I mean... I care only about domains. That's like 90% of what I'm doing in GI and I'd rather not waste even more time on them.

Some of them are just too damn annoying for the sake of being annoying.

I clear all of them in like 1 minute with him. Without him it can take up to 2 / 2:30 minutes.

Same goes for Geo Lord's pet dragon World Boss. Not overly exciting fight with lot's of invulnerability stages for the boss, so eh...If game wants to play cheap and dirty, I don't see why I should be above it lol

Tell that to the people who keep shilling him like some kind of must pull character that will change your account. He won't.

Many people missed him (twice lol) so naturally they try hype him (and themselves) up.

But ultimately I think that pulling on reruns is never a good idea in general. Yeah, there's always that waifu bait that can make people pull no matter what (lol), but I'd rather pull for something new.

Especially now, when it's clear that Signora's health drain fight mechanics wasn't something unique to her and is here to stay.

Plus new area and new element is coming soon enough and I DO believe that MiHo tries to bait and switch everyone with the reruns to make people spend their primos on old heroes lol

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Well, I mean... I care only about domains. That's like 90% of what I'm doing in GI and I'd rather not waste even more time on them.
That's quite sad. 90% of what you do in GI is so boring you want to get it over with asap.

I DO believe that MiHo tries to bait and switch everyone with the reruns to make people spend their primos on old heroes lol
Next patch seems like a bit of filler with only one new character (Yae). After that... Ayato? Dendro? Who knows, but I'm assuming a decent amount of reruns will happen for a while yet. It probably won't pop off until 3.0, which is a ways off.

"Happy New Year! Our English VA are horrible!Yay!"

Damn, that was painful to listen lmao
The lackluster performance from the VAs is to be expected, but the animations on those characters look really unnatural too. Kind of eerie actually. I expected better.

BlackM1st

Banned
That's quite sad. 90% of what you do in GI is so boring you want to get it over with asap.
Nature of the beast. Can't be helped unfortunately, it's like that for any gacha.

Who knows, but I'm assuming a decent amount of reruns will happen for a while yet.
Yeah, probably, and a lot of people would waste a ton of primogems on them.

Next patch seems like a bit of filler with only one new character (Yae). After that... Ayato? Dendro?
Probably will pull Yae. Ayato can fuck off. Maybe he'll get some sweet sweet katana tho. We'll see.

The lackluster performance from the VAs is to be expected, but the animations on those characters look really unnatural too. Kind of eerie actually. I expected better
Definitely a low effort performance on both ends. Both the EN VA and the animation team can do much better:

Pejo

Gold Member
Tell that to the people who keep shilling him like some kind of must pull character that will change your account. He won't. He's completely skippable unless you play on phone or tablet.

The day Signora World Boss fight was released, was the day when meta ultimately shifted.

Now he's just kinda there...

He's great for the old content, not so great for the current patch and he might as well be useless for the next updates.

Something similar happened to Venti.
Boy, if I've ever seen a pair of hyperbolic posts, these are it.

Zhongli is amazing, regardless if it's just to prevent damage, prevent knockback/animation canceling, giving continuous Geo damage, ATK buff for the whole party (with artifact set), CC with his meteor. Just because one family of enemies was released with Corrosion mechanics and one boss has the Dragonspine temperature mechanic doesn't mean that Zhongli isn't best in slot for all other enemies in the game. He even has 2 bosses designed for you to use specifically Zhongli (Geovishap boss and Geo dragon).

Moreover, for new players or anyone that isn't endgame meta, he is absolutely the biggest quality of life you can get, bar none. You guys need a little perspective.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
You guys need a little perspective.

I'm cool, thanks

Japan Sunglasses GIF

for new players or anyone that isn't endgame meta
Poor bastards
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

prevent damage, prevent knockback/animation canceling, giving continuous Geo damage, ATK buff for the whole party (with artifact set), CC with his meteor.

So basically keep you from harm and on target...Hm.. Gee, I wonder how else it can be achieved in GI considering that Perma Freeze comp is a thing...

0e17f6d996ed781b8e1b7c84618337ce41680b61.gifv

pbmiss640lh71.jpg

💙 💙 💙 💙 💙

YukiOnna

I love Zhongli. Playstyle and character.

Without Ganyu and him I'd be back to actually trying to time my dodges and sprints, but I don't have to worry about that for 90% of the game.

Pejo

Gold Member

Without Ganyu and him I'd be back to actually trying to time my dodges and sprints, but I don't have to worry about that for 90% of the game.
I slotted mine with that Milelith set with HP% and ER substats, he gets his meteor back super fast and does good damage with the Catch. He's my go to Co-op for a multitude of reasons. I can nearly keep the domain enemies stunlocked with his Burst, usually waiting on cooldown instead of Energy.

BlackM1st

Banned
He's my go to Co-op for a multitude of reasons.
You're wasting 25% of potential DPS if you bring him to coop.

Why even bother with him when you have a C6 Eula with her signature sword? Eula and Baal is all you need. Both are basically immune to knockback.

Pejo

Gold Member
You're wasting 25% of potential DPS if you bring him to coop.

Why even bother with him when you have a C6 Eula with her signature sword? Eula and Baal is all you need. Both are basically immune to knockback.
If we're talking about maximizing efficiency I wouldn't ever do co-op anyways, my Eula team destroys anything without depending on element or domain effects, I'm just talking for fun.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member

I guess this is what it comes down to. To me, not having to properly time things, not having to dodge, that's like playing Sonic without running, Dark Souls without stamina management or Mario Kart without drifting. Without the risk, there is no reward.

Maybe it's different for some of you guys because you already play a bunch of other gacha games. Perhaps you're just trying to finish things asap so you can start grinding the next game. Or maybe you just find different aspects of the game fun. I want to engage with the combat as much as possible, so my execution actually matters and I can improve my play.

Moreover, for new players or anyone that isn't endgame meta, he is absolutely the biggest quality of life you can get, bar none. You guys need a little perspective.
I guess I just wanted to offer an alternate view. I think people recommend Zhongli a bit too quickly. A fun DPS character is easily more important for the enjoyment of the game than any shield character could ever be, and there's plenty of other options if you really need one of those. The game's getting stale with everyone playing the same overpowered characters. I'm hoping the current meta gets smashed somehow.

I probably got a bit too heated though. I feel kinda bad for shitting on SSfox SSfox 's posts every time. That wasn't my intention. Sorry about that.

YukiOnna

I guess this is what it comes down to. To me, not having to properly time things, not having to dodge, that's like playing Sonic without running, Dark Souls without stamina management or Mario Kart without drifting. Without the risk, there is no reward.

Maybe it's different for some of you guys because you already play a bunch of other gacha games. Perhaps you're just trying to finish things asap so you can start grinding the next game. Or maybe you just find different aspects of the game fun. I want to engage with the combat as much as possible, so my execution actually matters and I can improve my play.
To be fair, when I'm talking about general gameplay I'm talking for the meat of it when you're farming domains and crap. It's cool the first time, but the 50th I do want to be done with it ASAP...

When it comes to story bosses or character story bosses, first time I will always handicap myself so I get the full experience before going to my typical mobage habits.

Pejo

Gold Member

YukiOnna

Saber

Yea that's the idle line too, and I think it's the same for all languages because she has 2 VAs in each language except CN.

Ok, which one of you gals was this?

I'm a simp, not a whale.

But seriously...never spent a dime on this game.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Freeman76

This game is brilliant but I feel constantly stressed 🤣 Trying to work out who to use, improve etc is hard. I have Jean and Keqing who are meant to be great, and Xinqiu as well, who all use swords, as well as my protag.

Ive also levelled amber, lisa and kaeya to 50 char 50 weapon.

I only have two 4* swords, as well as having to swap my limited artifacts around. How are you meant to know what to do with all this shit lol!!

BlackM1st

Banned
Nice, she's not the best DPS in game(far from it), but getting her so early in game is amazing. She will help you tremendously with the open world exploration.

How are you meant to know what to do with all this shit lol!!
Yeah, that's what happens when you dive into 1 year worth of content lol

This game is brilliant but I feel constantly stressed
You shouldn't. Until you'll unlock the higher WL you'll be fine. Just keep doing daily missions and work on your BP missions.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
You know, I appreciate that they went all the way through with doing Chinese Opera for Yun Jin, but my god it's jarring.
As a filthy foreigner the singing doesn't sound pleasing to my ears.

I got some secondhand embarrassment reading the comments on the youtube video. "THANK YOU MIHOYO FOR REPRESENTING CHINESE CULTURE!" Do these people not realize MHY is a Chinese company that has been including Chinese cultural references in their game(s) from day one? It's a lot more impressive when they represent other cultures well.

I like Yun Jin a lot, but her kit is disappointing. Not buffing charged and plunge attacks limits her usefulness for no reason. Additionally she has the same annoying mechanic as Shenhe where you only get a certain amount of buff instances for each character. It doesn't work in today's meta that relies on 1 strong main DPS and several supports, it's annoying to keep track of and makes both of 'em feel inferior to other supports. I think Shenhe and Yun Jin would be easier to use on 5 man teams. That way you could fit 2 or 3 DPS characters on your team so using the buffs on each of them makes more sense. As it is now it seems hard to justify their inclusion for most players.

This game is brilliant but I feel constantly stressed 🤣 Trying to work out who to use, improve etc is hard. I have Jean and Keqing who are meant to be great, and Xinqiu as well, who all use swords, as well as my protag.
Don't worry too much. The upgrades you're doing right now aren't that expensive in the grand scheme of things. Leveled weapons and artifacts can be used as exp fodder for better ones later on, so there's no risk in upgrading them right now. It's only when you level characters and weapons from lvl 70 to 90 that you have to be a bit careful. Jean and Keqing are great so you should definitely keep using and upgrading them. As long as you keep progressing the story, using your resin and upgrading your 5 star characters, you're good.

crumbs

So I've caught up on unlocking the available islands for Inzamua (especially loving the music on the foggy island). However, all these underground and floating areas are starting to show the limitations of the current map system, which doesn't work well with placing markers when there's multiple levels per area. Hopefully if they continue to develop more vertically oriented spaces, the map will be improved to reflect that.

Last edited:

Saber

What do you mean?

You know, the usual stuff from Dragonspine.
Like:

"Oh look, theres a nice area there probably with treasures. Lets explore...oh no a trap!"
*Suddenly pops a bunch of cryo/electro enemies in a pool of water"

BlackM1st

Banned
Like:

"Oh look, theres a nice area there probably with treasures. Lets explore...oh no a trap!"
Still one of the hardest fights I had I the whole game lmao. IIRC it was timed and I JUST upped my WL lol Thank God I had my Klee.

Pejo

Gold Member
Like:

Oh man, that was probably the hardest encounter in the whole game, and to my knowledge the only time I ever wiped my whole party in the overworld. I had to actually plan a strategy and a team just for that encounter.

I kinda wish we had more of that, if I'm being honest. Like definitely not every encounter or event, but there should be more fights that you can't get through with your eyes closed.

YukiOnna

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

I think she will. Re-runs are very hard to predict. Geo Lord came out of nowhere.
I want her

Well they said that the reruns aren't on any particular schedule anymore, and they're going to happen when the relevant characters are featured in the patch.

So hope for a fireworks themed event I guess?
Yeah, they still haven't given us a big Inazuma Festival so probably around the summer

Top Bottom