• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

YukiOnna

So who here besides me and YukiOnna YukiOnna are rolling for Shenhe this week? I've got about 12k Primos and 11 wishes. Hoping to get a single copy and maybe the weapon after I wait for the math nerds to do the hard work.

7jswe7m43h981.jpg
My dumbass is going for the weapon as well no matter what. Pray for me.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
So who here are rolling for Shenhe this week?
I'm gonna wait a short while to see how she's received. She's interesting to me, but comes across as a kinda clunky and niche character. Not very F2P friendly either. I'm running out of polearms as well. Would've been easier to justify if she came with a free 4 star weapon.

I have 365 fates saved up and a guaranteed pity, so I can easily go for anything I want. I'm trying to hold back my spending though, to ensure I have enough for Kusanali and any surprises Sumeru may bring.

Pejo

Gold Member
I'm gonna wait a short while to see how she's received. She's interesting to me, but comes across as a kinda clunky and niche character. Not very F2P friendly either. I'm running out of polearms as well. Would've been easier to justify if she came with a free 4 star weapon.

I have 365 fates saved up and a guaranteed pity, so I can easily go for anything I want. I'm trying to hold back my spending though, to ensure I have enough for Kusanali and any surprises Sumeru may bring.
Damn, that's some hardcore hoarding (or whaling?) Either way, yea you're in a good position.
My dumbass is going for the weapon as well no matter what. Pray for me.
I just want to see if I'm going to try to use her on field or off field before I decide about the weapon. I have that BP weapon at R3, so if I on-field her, I'll probably give that a shot first. From her kit, she looks exactly like Rosaria with resistance shred, so I'm still not 100% sure on why I'm even rolling for her, but you know it is.

*edit*

I just looked it up, Shenhe's burst at level 12 gives less cryo/phys shred than Zhongli's elemental skill shield at level 1, which can be nearly full timed. 15% vs. 20%. What in the what? I kinda don't understand what team she is supposed to fit into.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Damn, that's some hardcore hoarding (or whaling?) Either way, yea you're in a good position.
A portion of that comes from 4 months worth of Welkin Moon that I got as a gift. I have another couple months left as well. No spending otherwise.

I'm very pessimistic when it comes to this game. I've only won the coin flip once, so in my mind every 5 star character costs 160 ~ 180 wishes. That's why I've been hoarding to make absolutely sure that I'll get what I want. Let's hope Sumeru is awesome so I'll finally have something to spend it all on.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I just looked it up, Shenhe's burst at level 12 gives less cryo/phys shred than Zhongli's elemental skill shield at level 1, which can be nearly full timed. 15% vs. 20%. What in the what? I kinda don't understand what team she is supposed to fit into.
She wants to be in a team with at least two cryo DPS characters so they can each use the icy quill bonus. If I remember correctly, it was posted in this thread that the devs were aiming for that type of team. If you only use 1 cryo DPS you might as well use other supports like Mona and anemo. At least that's what it sounds like currently.

Pejo

Gold Member
*LONG POST ALERT*

Interesting user survey from reddit. I'll just post the highlights with a few of my thoughts.. Keep in mind that this is the reddit playerbase, so probably not indicative for anything other than some food for thought.

5c13hdrm4k981.png

Isn't "enby", "non-binary" "Gender non conforming" all the same thing? I guess genderfluid is (slightly?)different but boy, any chance they get to look special, they sure as fuck take it.

uv9itdrm4k981.png

Playerbase on reddit is younger than I'd imagined. The 18-25 group must be the majority of the f2p playerbase because when I was 18 I had fuck all for spending money.

2150f20q4k981.jpg

More Asia server people than expected for a primarily western site (reddit that is). Maybe they like being first in line for new patches and banners or something.

5k1tlozp4k981.jpg

This one blew me away. 20% of people play exclusively on mobile. Maybe I'm being sexist for this, but I have to imagine that's a lot of the female players that would be less likely to own a PS5 or Genshin minimum spec PC.

3pnkf7wu4k981.jpg

Even though the battle pass gets less "worth it" the longer you play, I am still in group orange with an occasional dip into the $99 pack when there's something I really want. If you are a good lil' boy and do your daily chores and events, I feel that the game gives out a decent amount of F2P resources. I would never admit it to MHY though.

qrjuj7pw4k981.jpg

Me and Fuz Fuz holding up that "46-50" group. I'm assuming when I finally uncap, I'll immediately end up at 57, but that's just a guess.

cnvyyv7z4k981.jpg

The only metric that matters for Spiral Abyss. LOL @ the weak motherfuckers that couldn't answer a yes/no question.

eyb29sl25k981.jpg

There you go BlackM1st BlackM1st - which line are you?

bpjb99165k981.jpg

Interesting that male players picked Lumine at such a high rate, I wouldn't have expected that.

87jq8nt75k981.jpg

Me and YukiOnna YukiOnna are the only two that rolled for Kokomi apparently. Hilarious that less than 1/4 of the polled playerbase accepted the free mail for Aloy. Maybe this was done when only PS players got her though, who knows.

kibubkx95k981.jpg

No surprises here from the meta slaves at reddit, except maybe Diona.

9c0esw1c5k981.jpg

Kaz's rerun looks like it's gonna do some numbers.

tee7wt0e5k981.jpg

Do we have Albedo rerun numbers yet? He is scoring higher than expected in both of these.

ixjudeof5k981.jpg

Poor Xinyan. She's got the triple whammy of having a bad kit, bad EN Voice, and no team synergy whatsoever. Also, reddit sure seems racist with her and Kaeya being two of the least liked.

YukiOnna

Pejo Pejo Holy fuck, we literally are the only owners of Kokomi. I'm surprised she's so high in likable and want though.

I'm usually in Orange or Red when it comes to spending since it entirely depends on the banner and my luck. We're going to be in Red for 2.4 and 2.5 btw.

Fuz

Banned
Interesting that male players picked Lumine at such a high rate, I wouldn't have expected that.
Come on.
Where's the "do 9-10 then don't care for the rest?"

5c13hdrm4k981.png
5c13hdrm4k981.png

Isn't "enby", "non-binary" "Gender non conforming" all the same thing? I guess genderfluid is (slightly?)different but boy, any chance they get to look special, they sure as fuck take it.
"Enby" literally means "N B", "non binary". Those are literally the same exact thing. But those tiny little delicate snowlakes need to fee so speshul and different from the others
svej4.gif

BlackM1st

Banned
which line are you?
All the floors with 9 stars. Once. Maybe twice. But probably 1 time only. When it was a challenge and something I tried to achieve.

Since then I just do it for the BP stars. Not like I can't do it. I just don't enjoy it at all. I never even try the new levels. It's not that difficult for me anymore, just a waste of time for non existent rewards. So... why bother? Maaaaaybe I'll try again this 1 time after the current QoL patch for the Abyss.

Speaking of hard content: I dunno about people who are stuck at lower WL, but at my WL every next Inazuma island had a higher level enemies. Silent Hill island has a vampire wolfs at lvl 91. Pretty thick boys I must say lol

I wonder if Enka will increase the enemies lvl cap even higher.

Sooner or later we will hit a lvl 100 enemies in the open world and I wonder maybe then we will unlock the next ascension for our own heroes?

I picked her. Couldn't be happier. Her smug face is second to none. Plus, in a 3rd person game about magic and all dat... Why not look at girl's ass?

But ofc there's an exceptions. For example in the AC:O I picked the brother. I just couldn't took the girl seriously in that particular setting. In AC London I picked the girl because she could use a gun and it was a way more stealthy game. In something like Tomb Rider, Deus Ex, the Witcher...Would easily picked a girl protagonist if I had a choice.

Poor Xinyan
Poor QiQi lmao. So many salty answers from people who got QiQi'ed ahaha

Saber

Gold Member
Fuck you reddit. Xynian is good...she has her qualities. You guys dunno what you're missing.

I think I'm smelling copium leaking in my house :/

Anyway... Pejo Pejo this is similar thing that happens in pokemon. Theres an absurd amount of males that pick female as a character. I could kinda understand Genshin, Lumine has her charm. But Pokemon is a dumb thing entirelly.

Also, another fuck given to these genders. If anything, Genshin need to stay away from these twittards and their pronoums. Who likes to play likes to play, doesn't have to bring that shit to the game. You guys would be surprise with the amount of "pronouns" players use on their signatures.

Btw, I still didn't accept Aloy. She will rot in my mail until the mail expires.

Last edited:

SSfox

So I was thinking...

There is a chance i will become a Ganyu haver actually. I want max constells for XQ and Beidou, plus don't have Yanfei and won't mind having her with lot of constell either, and if I get Z early I will likey continue my pulls on Ganyu (Z constellations aren't much must have tbh and i rather more characters than less), so we'll see.

She was in my skip list mostly because I wanted to focus on Albedo and Zhongli but now things changed a but lol ...Personally I though she was kind fun when I tried her in an event and i wouldn't mind her.

Fake

Chongus' aunt, interesting.

The famous 'aunt hentai' parody.

Keep in mind that this is the reddit playerbase

This invalidate all the data. Is like getting player statistic from Twitter or Facebook.

Want to make a little experiment? Try posting this exact same post on reddit and see the results.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Also, another fuck given to these genders. If anything, Genshin need to stay away from these twittards and their pronoums. Who likes to play likes to play, doesn't have to bring that shit to the game. You guys would be surprise with the amount of "pronouns" players use on their signatures.
A few days ago this girl joined my world and we were doing the event and domains... and at some point she asked for my pronouns
NZZ89.gif

"Girl, we don't do that here."

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Chongus' aunt, interesting.
I just wanted to see Shenhe. Instead the trailer focuses more on popsicle boy. Meh. Don't care about their family ties at all. It's always a bummer to see these supports perform all their moves, and then you realize she's a quickswap character you'll hardly ever see.

I treat Genshin as a waifu collecting game, so I picked Lumine. Aether has an awful design IMO. I dislike how they keep promoting the MC when they're irrelevant in the actual game.

Me and YukiOnna YukiOnna are the only two that rolled for Kokomi apparently.
She did follow the most popular banner ever. Most people probably lacked primos at the time. I also think she would've been more popular if her artifact set was introduced alongside her banner.

So I was thinking...

There is a chance i will become a Ganyu haver actually. I want max constells for XQ and Beidou
Ganyu is certainly not a bad character to have, but since you've expressed the intention to own several other 5 stars as well, I'd be very careful with pulling for 4 stars. You'll get Beidou and Xinqiu cons eventually. They're always available in every banner. Of course it's fun to have them now rather than later, but their constellations aren't game changing. In addition both characters can appear in the Paimon's bargains store (Beidou is slated for February and Xinqiu for March) and you can pick one for free in the upcoming festival. There's no need to go balls deep just for some 4 stars dude. Think about the future!

crumbs

Some weird proportions in that clip. Shenhe had to almost completely bend over to be face to face with Chong. Anyway, I like her design, but her kit is skippable

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think they're the same as well, but I'm sure they look important on a Twitter bio.
Aether has an awful design IMO.
This is basically why I picked Lumine as well. I think Aether's design is one of the weakest in the game.

Pejo

Gold Member
I legitimately expected most of the audience to realize that the twins were self-inserts, but apparently the power of Lumine's cuteness swayed a lot of players.
Well, even though we kinda knew this kit already, it seems more...boring(?) now that it's out there. Just pillars and lightning, kinda like a mix of Zhongli and Sara. At least with the ability to drop down 3 of them at C0 sounds like it will be an active kit, instead of "press button, wait 50 seconds for cooldown". I hope the cooldown between dropping a pillar isn't more than 6 seconds, or else she's dead in the water in my eyes.

I was really hoping her kit would be a little more exciting than that. You can already see where they're planning on making you whale for constellations:

"(initial) maximum level of [lethal sakura] can reach is 3" (will allow for at least 1 more by constellation 1 or 2)
"Every [lethal sakura] consumed will create one Tenko Thunderstrike" (probably have a cons to double the strikes or something)
(C6 - lethal sakura won't be consumed by Tenko Thunderstrike)

Those are all guesses, but the first one is inevitably a constellation, it feels like. Still, if you can fill the whole area with constant pulses and lightning strikes, that could be an active fun way to play. EM seems like a bad stat to force us to stack though, I don't like that passive. Electro needs more oomph because of the poor damage reactions, stacking EM is usually a waste. It'd have been better if ER gave damage boost instead of EM. I guess I'll wait and see though.

At the very least, it sounds like Sara might be a great buffer on a Yae team, since she has lots of potentially big electro damage in a short amount of time.

Fuz

Banned
I hope the cooldown between dropping a pillar isn't more than 6 seconds, or else she's dead in the water in my eyes.

Pretty sure it's less than 12 second at least:

ATK 608 Crit DMG 66.2%

When using an Elemental Skill, receive the effects of the "Kagura Dance", increasing the wielder's Elemental Skill DMG by 12%. This effect lasts 12s and stacks 3 times. When 3 stacks are reached, the wielder gains an additional 12% Elemental DMG Bonus.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
For me Aether have a decent design, not the best, but better than the Lumine design by quite a margin IMO.
I can't get over the braid and the crop top. Lumine is pretty basic, but at least not offensive.

I legitimately expected most of the audience to realize that the twins were self-inserts, but apparently the power of Lumine's cuteness swayed a lot of players.
They're pretty shitty self-inserts though. Aether wasn't designed with the male audience's preferences in mind, that's for sure.

I was really hoping her kit would be a little more exciting than that. You can already see where they're planning on making you whale for constellations
I have to agree. They need to start thinking outside the box for new characters. 99% of the characters have either a dash, a taunt or an AoE dmg skill. I want more unique and interesting abilities like Jean's.

As for the constellations, I understand those make them a lot of money, but with their current strategy it feels like characters are crippled at C0 and then fixed through cons. Doesn't sit right with me.

Pejo

Gold Member
I can't get over the braid and the crop top. Lumine is pretty basic, but at least not offensive.
They're pretty shitty self-inserts though. Aether wasn't designed with the male audience's preferences in mind, that's for sure.
Yea, Aether's design leaves a lot to be desired for sure, but all it takes is a good costume (with a haircut) to fix that. (there's a joke there somewhere about Genshin's team being able to make a good costume)

I don't mind playing as a female character in a game where said character is viewed from a vantage point of 3rd person, but when it's "you" making the decisions, and other characters are referring directly to "you", I usually go with the male option. No shame though for those that picked Lumine. That's why "enby" exists on the poll, after all!

gotcha GIF

I have to agree. They need to start thinking outside the box for new characters. 99% of the characters have either a dash, a taunt or an AoE dmg skill. I want more unique and interesting abilities like Jean's.

As for the constellations, I understand those make them a lot of money, but with their current strategy it feels like characters are crippled at C0 and then fixed through cons. Doesn't sit right with me.
Yea, Anemo characters are usually the outliers here. They're the most fun to play, but really hard to fit into teams as a result of their reactions. I wish we'd see more unique kits for all elements instead of just checking off the boxes of "ok now we have a pyro shield character, let's make an electro shield character next!"

Constellations are best when they're just increases in power, not adding a whole new mechanic or playstyle to the character. Like Diluc's and Eula's are the perfect constellations in my mind. Big improvements to the character, but they play exactly the same from C0 to C6. Locking mechanics behind constellations feels exactly like you said, they cripple it first, find a way to make it more fun, and then charge you for it.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ok ok, here's what everyone really wanted to see:

Weapon:
8kj616j.png

Ult:

mX5ryPO.jpg

Skill:
hyBKwEm.png

Plot:
IjpgXZ5.png

Also, some horrible rumors about her being a sub -quickswap- DPS. Looks like miho really doesn't know how to make a strong main DD electro. Lame.

Fuz

Banned
Easy skip.
The weapon appeared in a (bad) pen drawing some time ago and people thought it was fake. I thought it looked stupid so probably true.
2Rce3.gif

Sooooo... Raiden, Ei, Sara? Is mihoyo pushing for three of the same element?

InterMusketeer InterMusketeer I'm stealing that.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Ok ok, here's what everyone really wanted to see:

Weapon:
8kj616j.png

Ult:

mX5ryPO.jpg

Skill:
hyBKwEm.png

Plot:
IjpgXZ5.png

Also, some horrible rumors about her being a sub -quickswap- DPS. Looks like miho really doesn't know how to make a strong main DD electro. Lame.
Only 5 tails instead of 9? Sounds like a job for constellations!

Looks good though.

limp bizkit GIF

Pejo

Gold Member
Sweet design.
It's amazing and at the same time maddening. Like they know how to make outfits that look good but instead give us shit like Keq's prom dress.

Welp, next survey I know what I'm asking for (as they hit the delete key on my survey submissions and send it spiraling into the trash).

Fake

It's amazing and at the same time maddening. Like they know how to make outfits that look good but instead give us shit like Keq's prom dress.

Welp, next survey I know what I'm asking for (as they hit the delete key on my survey submissions and send it spiraling into the trash).

I mean, Fang Razor elemental burst have a good base design.

I still asking for a way of trading prototypes you don't want with you want from your friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom