• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
I want her
Intensifying GIF

Pejo

Gold Member
Well GBF just sucked all my luck for 2022. I think I'm fucked on getting Shenhe or Yae now.
Man, you and I had 2 different experiences there. I'm 34 pulls from spark with only like 7 SSRs, and 7 pages of fates to farm for crystals before tonight.

YukiOnna

Man, you and I had 2 different experiences there. I'm 34 pulls from spark with only like 7 SSRs, and 7 pages of fates to farm for crystals before tonight.
Good luck, man. I just threatened KMR before rolling and got Tiger (who I really wanted), her dupe, Grand Ferry, Fediel in one free roll.

Pejo

Gold Member
2.5 test server starts next Weds, so expect a leak-a-palooza starting then. Here's hoping Yae's kit is good.

Saber

Well GBF just sucked all my luck for 2022. I think I'm fucked on getting Shenhe or Yae now.

I wish I could give you my luck, but mine wasn't good either.

I didn't get anything good on the last 20 pulls either. I was actually impressed of how trash my pulls were.

Fake

Oh man, that was probably the hardest encounter in the whole game, and to my knowledge the only time I ever wiped my whole party in the overworld. I had to actually plan a strategy and a team just for that encounter.

I kinda wish we had more of that, if I'm being honest. Like definitely not every encounter or event, but there should be more fights that you can't get through with your eyes closed.

Funny because that part of the game break totally the stupid lore behind Dragonspine mechanic.

'Is so fucking cold that you even take damage'
*find a pool of water
'Well, not that cold'

'Only one food can heal this particular cold'.
*Commission inside Dragonspine asking food for make him warm

With make me think that Dragonspine development was made by different teams in comparation without communication, that maybe explain so much inconsistency.

Pejo

Gold Member
Not like there's no difference, but it's barely noticeable...

Lazy all around. Still better than Jean ofc, but yeah... 5 out of 10 skin.
James Franco GIF

Yep. I don't know what the fuck the Genshin costume designers are doing.

Here are 3 costumes for the same character from Honkai:

Original
2125525e2bdba4121a76466d441e329f951d5ed6.png
s9Qncs6.jpg
tK0UyoN.jpg

You can tell it's the same character and same theme, but each one looks different enough that you don't feel ripped off for buying them.

Not to mention, the premium honkai skins have visual FX changes for their moves and changes other than just the skin itself.

Last edited:

crumbs

Putting aside the quality of the skins, it's odd that we haven't seen more become available. I figured the floodgates would open after the first skins were introduced last summer, but when I came back after skipping 3 months of updates, the only skins available were the same Barb and Jeans ones.

Really surprised we don't have at least archon skins for Zhongli or Venti (ugh). Is there some reason or theory on why the devs are holding back?

Fuz

Banned
Putting aside the quality of the skins, it's odd that we haven't seen more become available. I figured the floodgates would open after the first skins were introduced last summer, but when I came back after skipping 3 months of updates, the only skins available were the same Barb and Jeans ones.

Really surprised we don't have at least archon skins for Zhongli or Venti (ugh). Is there some reason or theory on why the devs are holding back?
Yeah, it's really weird.

Maybe they're afraid of making too much money and attract too much attention from the CCP?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Yeah, it's really weird.

Maybe they're afraid od making too much money and attract too much attention from the CCP?
They seem to be stuck on the idea that they can only release a skin when there's a relevant in-game reason to. And since we get so many filler patches, maybe they just don't see any way to tie in costumes.

I personally think that it's the wrong way to handle skins. They should just create new ones whenever they have a great design, regardless of character or patch contents. I'd go so far as to say that we should get 1-2 per patch, considering the size of the roster already 1 year in.

That way if the skin that patch is underwhelming or for a character you don't have/care about, it's not long until you might get something you want.

YukiOnna

They seem to be stuck on the idea that they can only release a skin when there's a relevant in-game reason to. And since we get so many filler patches, maybe they just don't see any way to tie in costumes.
Feels like it, but that's also such an obnoxious reason that it becomes frustrating. Just release new content and put some effort into it rather than a outfit swap.

crumbs

This would be awkward considering a most of the characters have almost nothing to do with the overall plot or filler events.

That said, it does feel weird that we're disappointed that a dev has not found a better way to monetize part of their game :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pejo

Gold Member
This would be awkward considering a most of the characters have almost nothing to do with the overall plot or filler events.

That said, it does feel weird that we're disappointed that a dev has not found a better way to monetize part of their game :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Well that's just it, in their other game, Honkai Impact, there's all sorts of ways to get skins. Some through events, some straight out purchases, and the worst way is through a skin gacha. I'm not saying that every skin they make has to be a pay skin. You could even introduce "skin tickets" that drip in slowly over time from events or are in the BP that you can build up to buy a costume that way. It doesn't have to be a constant strangle on your wallet, but it'd be nice to get them more often.

crumbs

Well that's just it, in their other game, Honkai Impact, there's all sorts of ways to get skins. Some through events, some straight out purchases, and the worst way is through a skin gacha. I'm not saying that every skin they make has to be a pay skin. You could even introduce "skin tickets" that drip in slowly over time from events or are in the BP that you can build up to buy a costume that way. It doesn't have to be a constant strangle on your wallet, but it'd be nice to get them more often.
That makes sense. I would not be interested in gacha skins, but it would be nice to have more options for customizing you character other than the glider (which is also odd that they haven't found ways to release more glider designs at this point).

YukiOnna

Honkai at least has a lot more content and doesn't try to cater to some gen z kids because it knows exactly what it is. Even then, it's absolutely puzzling how long some of this stuff takes to release and it's less effort than Honkai despite both being 3D games. They also try way too hard to stay "in lore" at the detriment of content and fun as we see with the lack of seasonal events.

YukiOnna

Again? The seasonal events aren't there because the CCP forbid them.
I know this has been said, but it feels stupid when this isn't a problem for other games coming out of there that release holiday skins or whatever during this time of year. I guess I'm still salty about it.

Fuz

Banned
I know this has been said, but it feels stupid when this isn't a problem for other games coming out of there that release holiday skins or whatever during this time of year. I guess I'm still salty about it.
Genshin is bigger than anything else, and I'm convinced the CCP want to use it like a trojan horse.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also it's the most profitable first year for a game of all time, by a huge margin.

Yet Western devs are still going to try to act that everybody loves ugly realistic characters in depressing environments.
Fuck the western devs, I don't trust any of them to do the anime games any justice, but Korean and Japanese devs are dropping the ball hard. Unbelievable.

Fuz

Banned
I've been slaving in the Slumbering Court mines since pulling Itto and still haven't seen a single husk crit damage hat.
K8Tdx.gif

Last edited:

Saber

Not actually rolling for her, but gonna try my luck on Yun Jin to have at least one constelation on her.

I'm basically poor though. Don't expect long pulls.

Pejo

Gold Member
Not actually rolling for her, but gonna try my luck on Yun Jin to have at least one constelation on her.

I'm basically poor though. Don't expect long pulls.
Don't forget, we get a selector for a free Yun Jin for the lantern rite event, if you'd rather save your pulls.

*edit*

nevermind, just saw you said constellation.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I can't with some people lmao

I join. They complain about ridiculously hard pyro domains and ask 4 help. Ok.

We clear it NP and then I see they haven't even unlocked the 1st region talent books dungeon.

Because "they don't need em". So no talents for their Jean or Mona lol

They love their Hu Tao and refuse to use Jean ahah I can't. W Level 49 btw.

PEOPLE ARE WEIRD

Top Bottom