• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Its not that we havent seen this coming. We have cases like Ayaka and Rosaria "nerfs", which I can kinda understand Ayaka but not Rosaria.
But lets not kid ourselves. They will eventually do this, and not because they're forced. Because I think it would be too much of hassle for changing the skins just to be something "opitional"(let alone if end up being paid). They have that influence, theres nothing to fear except for heavy backlash, which I believe they can control with putrit tatics(like giving free Primogems for instance). They will have to endure whatever happens in China, so why not make the change worldwide while at it?

Also look at what bro Pejo Pejo posted about camera angles. It's only a matter of time they do that on all servers and get the support of twittards.
Don't forget, you won't see it here because GAF community is small, but you'd be completely naïve to think that they aren't paying people to go on popular communities like twitter and reddit and talk this up as if it's fine and a good thing. "The new costumes are optional, no big deal!" and "I think they look better!". Don't be fooled by that nonsense, you can buy bots/people to make those posts for pennies on the dollar to try to sway public opinion.

This whole thing frankly turns me off from the game, and it has very little to do with the costumes themselves.

Its not that we havent seen this coming. We have cases like Ayaka and Rosaria "nerfs", which I can kinda understand Ayaka but not Rosaria.
But lets not kid ourselves. They will eventually do this, and not because they're forced. Because I think it would do too much of hassle for changing the skins just to be something "opitional". They have that influence, theres nothing to fear except for heavy backlash, which I believe they can control with putrit tatics(like giving free Primogems for instance). They will have to endure whatever happens in China, so why not make the change worldwide while at it?
Didn't they set up a separate company somewhere for the global version of the game? I think it was Singapore. That's our last line of defense right now. But even then, that only applies to pre-existing characters. New ones will be made according to CCP guidelines for sure. It is a pretty tricky situation, we'll see how it pans out.

Looks like all of this happened very quickly. These drawings are quite crude. MHY probably got an unexpected visit from the CCP and was forced to change those costumes. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for them to release Shenhe in her current state. I wonder if Chinese players feel comfortable pulling for her now. They can expect her to be censored as well.

BlackM1st

Banned
The new costumes are optional, it's not a big deal and truth be told I think they look even better. Finally I can concentrate on gameplay and those new camera angles are more cinematic too.

Fake

Don't forget, you won't see it here because GAF community is small, but you'd be completely naïve to think that they aren't paying people to go on popular communities like twitter and reddit and talk this up as if it's fine and a good thing. "The new costumes are optional, no big deal!" and "I think they look better!". Don't be fooled by that nonsense, you can buy bots/people to make those posts for pennies on the dollar to try to sway public opinion.

This whole thing frankly turns me off from the game, and it has very little to do with the costumes themselves.

I reading some reddit posts like 'Mona new outfit is great. The old sucks', most of them similar and no response. And like BlackM1st BlackM1st said, some tweets are getting nuked by the GI profile.

Pejo

Didn't they set up a separate company somewhere for the global version of the game? I think it was Singapore. That's our last line of defense right now. But even then, that only applies to pre-existing characters. New ones will be made according to CCP guidelines for sure. It is a pretty tricky situation, we'll see how it pans out.

Looks like all of this happened very quickly. These drawings are quite crude. MHY probably got an unexpected visit from the CCP and was forced to change those costumes. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for them to release Shenhe in her current state. I wonder if Chinese players feel comfortable pulling for her now. They can expect her to be censored as well.
I have to believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg. If they censored Amber's butt and cleavage, no way does Yoimiya make it out alive. I'd expect to see them go through in order of release and "oh no it's boobs my eyes nooo help me CCP!"-ify all of them.

The new costumes are optional, it's not a big deal and truth be told I think they look even better. Finally I can concentrate on gameplay and those new camera angles are more cinematic too.
Hope to god that's not a copy/paste, but it feels like it is.

Genshin being popular was a mistake
This is exactly it.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
"oh no it's boobs my eyes nooo help me CCP!"-ify all of them.
Few options:

1. Pull now and keep something for the old time's sake, because MiHo will not touch old non-CN servers.
  2. Pull now and still eventually lose it because CN will be too salty fro MiHo to handle
  3. Don't pull at all and wait for the dust to settle just see the option 1 to unfold and ultimately missing the last chance on obtaining the old skins
Hm...

serious the simpsons GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
Are the camera restriction angles will interfere on gameplay? Dude, poor CN fanbase.
Sure. Stupid Inazuma challenges/ comissions about collecting the energy particles for example. Can't imagine doing it on a phone now.

Even with a full 360 camera it was quiet a chore... Now? Oof, poor CN indeed, considering how many of them play exclusively on mobile.

I have to believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg. You If they censored Amber's butt and cleavage, no way does Yoimiya make it out alive. I'd expect to see them go through in order of release and "oh no it's boobs my eyes nooo help me CCP!"-ify all of them.
Definitely. I expect nearly every female character will be changed according to those guidelines. The only question is whether it'll affect us too. Regardless, it's very bad news and makes me worry for the future. Right now it's just character visuals, but in the future they could start meddling with story content, themes, dialogue etc.

What a bombshell they just dropped casually on Twitter, huh...

Saber

Gold Member

Didn't we have youtubers getting free primogems on the anniversary event and be asked to not "say a word"?

Also, I'm redding reddit and they are weirdly positive. Like...very positive, as if GI was all wrong.
One even say that he is worried, not because it's taking away sexy female character(he agrees on that part) but because he fears they might act on the males too and he don't want that.
I'm calling it guys. Eventually this changes gonna be worldwide for real.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yea I can't even read reddit right now. This is a major bomb they just dropped on us and I can't parse if it's bots/shills or gay men or what the hell the weirdly positive vibe of this censorship is all about. The thing is, I know plenty of gay guys, but not one of them says "oh gross, I want women more covered up". They just don't give a shit about them. These posts are so dishonest and shady.

Pejo

They took down the Hoyolab post. Apparently CN players are livid right now.

I doubt any CN players are looking at us right now, but blame Xi for this one.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's the moment of truth. Is MHY gonna stick to their guns or bend the knee and censor all versions?
serious the simpsons GIF

To pull or not to pull... That's the question...

Funny thing is that in CN they're forced to take some action, take down the posts, give out primos etc.

Here? Fuck no, everyone's happy and there's 0 complaints haha

Funny thing is that in CN they're forced to take some action, take down the posts, give out primos etc.

Here? Fuck no, everyone's happy and there's 0 complaints haha
Well they technically haven't taken anything away from us. Yet.

I will say that 1200 apologems is shitty compensation. They delete some of the best designs in the game and the Chinese don't even get a ten pull? Shame on you MHY.

Saber

Gold Member

I will say that 1200 apologems is shitty compensation. They delete some of the best designs in the game and the Chinese don't even get a ten pull? Shame on you MHY.

Theres people actually thinking this will not affect the future design of characters.

Do people really think they gonna release 2 skins to accomodate with the china regulations? Do we even need spoiler to know which one of design choices they gonna use in the future in order to avoid having to work on 2 different outfits?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

LOL, but how about creative freedom, MiHoYo's vision and liberal values? Nope. Everyone's totally fine with it as long as it's against girls only. What a bunch of hypocrites lmao

10 pull is too risky. It can win people some yet to be censored heroes lol

Theres people actually thinking this will not affect the future design of characters.
Yeah, lots of stupid people weighing in with their uninformed opinions. I'm certain things will be taken from us behind the scenes, but there's no proof of that yet. Even if there is, it'll be excused by the usual suspects as being part of the normal development process.

LOL, but how about creative freedom, MiHoYo's vision and liberal values? Nope. Everyone's totally fine with it as long as it's against girls only. What a bunch of hypocrites lmao
Can't wait for them to change their tune when the guy characters' belly buttons start doing a Shenhe.

This whole situation just makes me want to pull for Shenhe. What the heck am I even saving for? Might as well enjoy her while it lasts.

YukiOnna

I don't get how they let Itto keep it but only the girls get affected here. Wtf.

This is also common tactic among CN boards as with paid review bombing. AK went through the same thing and someone brought it up that most of it is bullshit. It's insufferable.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Optional for any version that isn't Chinese. The costumes are trash btw. It's censorship of the original characters hot girls bad I guess.

Pejo

Wtf, I thought 2.4 was tomorrow. Just tried to log in to burn resin and got slapped with the 28GB update.

They really need to do a better job of communicating maintenance/patch times.

Still not sure what to think about all of this mess. They're not getting another penny from me until I see what happens, but I'll still drop my saved wishes/primos to see if I get lucky on Shenhe.

YukiOnna

Wtf, I thought 2.4 was tomorrow. Just tried to log in to burn resin and got slapped with the 28GB update.

Still not sure what to think about all of this mess. They're not getting another penny from me until I see what happens, but I'll still drop my saved wishes/primos to see if I get lucky on Shenhe.
I got her in 40 rolls thankfully with not having to spend. Not going to bother with the weapon anymore though.

Last edited:

Pejo

I got her in 40 rolls thankfully with not having to spend. Not going to bother with the weapon anymore though.
Nice! I got her on the first 10x pull, I'm out. Fuck the weapon or constellations or Yun Jin. Looks like that R3 BP spear is finally going to see some use.

Despite getting super fucking lucky, I feel no joy from my roll, it just feels like I'm playing a game that's about to spiral into shit. I really hope that MHY doesn't pull an "anniversary" and just ignore everybody. This is a prime example of a time that they need to come out and state their intentions and roadmap for the next 6 months. I feel for the CN players, they had this news drop that their characters were getting censored while waiting for the download to finish. For us, I want to know exactly what the plans are for any censorship, and I want to know how they plan to alter our version of the game. I refuse to dump any more time/money into this game if it's just going to turn into mediocre CCP approved garbage.

I'm not even just talking about the waifu censorship, the CCP guidelines also listed ridiculous stuff like "no skeletons" and "no post apocalyptical scenarios". If they're buckling on this, the entire shape of the narrative is compromised and we're going to get stories even further watered down and sanitized. Frankly, I'm holding out on Honkai as well. They already went through with a round of censorship there like 2 months ago, but went radio silent on future changes. That was for both CN and global.

This very well might be the straw that breaks the camel's back with me and MHY, and this time it's not even through any major fault of their own, just the unfortunate fact that they originated in CN. Still, if they have any respect for their playerbase, they really should be very clear about the future of the game.

Also - JP/KR is missing a golden opportunity to start hyping up a "Genshin Killer" game. Hell, even if they don't have anything but the concept done, announce something with a CG trailer like they usually do. They're insane for not capitalizing on this market at a key point.

I have to question the timing of this announcement. Surely they had to know before today that this was coming. Really sours the whole patch if I'm being honest.

YukiOnna

Nice! I got her on the first 10x pull, I'm out. Fuck the weapon or constellations or Yun Jin. Looks like that R3 BP spear is finally going to see some use.

Despite getting super fucking lucky, I feel no joy from my roll, it just feels like I'm playing a game that's about to spiral into shit. I really hope that MHY doesn't pull an "anniversary" and just ignore everybody. This is a prime example of a time that they need to come out and state their intentions and roadmap for the next 6 months. I feel for the CN players, they had this news drop that their characters were getting censored while waiting for the download to finish. For us, I want to know exactly what the plans are for any censorship, and I want to know how they plan to alter our version of the game. I refuse to dump any more time/money into this game if it's just going to turn into mediocre CCP approved garbage.

I'm not even just talking about the waifu censorship, the CCP guidelines also listed ridiculous stuff like "no skeletons" and "no post apocalyptical scenarios". If they're buckling on this, the entire shape of the narrative is compromised and we're going to get stories even further watered down and sanitized. Frankly, I'm holding out on Honkai as well. They already went through with a round of censorship there like 2 months ago, but went radio silent on future changes. That was for both CN and global.

This very well might be the straw that breaks the camel's back with me and MHY, and this time it's not even through any major fault of their own, just the unfortunate fact that they originated in CN. Still, if they have any respect for their playerbase, they really should be very clear about the future of the game.

Also - JP/KR is missing a golden opportunity to start hyping up a "Genshin Killer" game. Hell, even if they don't have anything but the concept done, announce something with a CG trailer like they usually do. They're insane for not capitalizing on this market at a key point.

I have to question the timing of this announcement. Surely they had to know before today that this was coming. Really sours the whole patch if I'm being honest.
Nice man.

I think the worst part about it is the CN Patch notes outright said it was because of that so they're SOL for really doing anything for it. I'd be shocked if they say anything else about it though unless the CN userbase reaction is big. Genshin ended up in the worst spot due to the reception to the game.

JP/KR had to have started investing in something to match the same level as Genshin. They have more freedom for it, too. Though when games like Uma Musume make monster money, they have no need to. At least we have Granblue Relink.

Pejo

Nice man.

I think the worst part about it is the CN Patch notes outright said it was because of that so they're SOL for really doing anything for it. I'd be shocked if they say anything else about it though unless the CN userbase reaction is big. Genshin ended up in the worst spot due to the reception to the game.

JP/KR had to have started investing in something to match the same level as Genshin. They have more freedom for it, too. Though when games like Uma Musume make monster money, they have no need to. At least we have Granblue Relink.
Yea I think it's especially bad if characters like Jean and Amber are on the chopping block right away. At a glance, they were two of the least lewd designs in the game, Jean especially. For her to get further covered, it's almost to ridiculous levels of "huh?". Like if she got it, literally no character will make it out of this unscathed.

The other thing that bothers me about this is just the sheer number of the EN speaking community that is saying shit like "oh i like the new designs" "finally I can play Mona without being embarrassed" "NGL, I really like Rosaria's new outfit".

I just don't get it, who are these people? What is their background or agenda? Why would anybody like these new designs? They're not even aesthetically pleasing, nor do they add anything to the character. Rosaria's new outfit totally flies in the face of the character who wore the slutty outfit as a form of rebellion against the church so they'd leave her alone to do her "work". Mona's is literally just Barbara's granny """""swimsuit""""" and looks fucking awful, almost like a diaper.

I see myself as a single voice in this sea of insanity from the twitter and reddit playerbase, and I can just tell that any future changes are going to get gobbled up as they kiss the CCP boot and ask for more. I need to stop reading those sites in relation to Genshin, nothing good is going to come of it.

Alright, that's my last doom & gloom post for tonight.

Yamisan

The time had been posted right in game....

YukiOnna

Yea I think it's especially bad if characters like Jean and Amber are on the chopping block right away. At a glance, they were two of the least lewd designs in the game, Jean especially. For her to get further covered, it's almost to ridiculous levels of "huh?". Like if she got it, literally no character will make it out of this unscathed.

The other thing that bothers me about this is just the sheer number of the EN speaking community that is saying shit like "oh i like the new designs" "finally I can play Mona without being embarrassed" "NGL, I really like Rosaria's new outfit".

I just don't get it, who are these people? What is their background or agenda? Why would anybody like these new designs? They're not even aesthetically pleasing, nor do they add anything to the character. Rosaria's new outfit totally flies in the face of the character who wore the slutty outfit as a form of rebellion against the church so they'd leave her alone to do her "work". Mona's is literally just Barbara's granny """""swimsuit""""" and looks fucking awful, almost like a diaper.

I see myself as a single voice in this sea of insanity from the twitter and reddit playerbase, and I can just tell that any future changes are going to get gobbled up as they kiss the CCP boot and ask for more. I need to stop reading those sites in relation to Genshin, nothing good is going to come of it.

Alright, that's my last doom & gloom post for tonight.
Jean and Amber make no sense unless they view any form of skin exposed as "lewd" then they should go fix Itto right now since that's a double standard. Not that anyone would ever admit to it because they don't want to. That goes for the reddit/twitter community, too. Given the unfortunate young age of these groups they are likely why the reactions are like that which is just unfortunate since I don't think the game should be targeted towards them nor was ever intended to be.

Being niche has its advantages.

Pejo

Apparently they couldn't get the costumes out in time on CN, so they actually gave Mona a placeholder censor costume, lol.

ZjJzAxd.jpg

I'm sure some self-loathing "ally" is sitting around with his sweaty hands typing the post "Wow, I like it better!" as we speak.

Just another quick reminder, this is the 2nd censorship (with an upcoming 3rd) for Mona, and Rosaria is on her 3rd censorship as well.

Saber

Gold Member
So...got hot auntie in my first 10 pull attempt. I wish I could give her to you guys. Have no interest on her.

My follow up last 10 pull try out I finally got Yun Jin. Shes now at max level and once again ladies and gentlemen, I'm back to the streets of Monstad asking for moras. Sustain waifus is expansive, but it is a noble cause.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Optional for any version that isn't Chinese. The costumes are trash btw. It's censorship of the original characters hot girls bad I guess.
Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Apparently they couldn't get the costumes out in time on CN, so they actually gave Mona a placeholder censor costume, lol.

ZjJzAxd.jpg
Wow, I like it better! Finally I can play Mona without being embarrassed, ngl, I really like Rosaria's new outfit.But they forgot to put a hood on Mona. I feel unconfortable looking at her face in my parents presence.

Yep. Absolute madness. At least Ubisoft tried and tried with GTA...

Judging by that Mona's costume I starting to doubt it lol

JP/KR had to have started investing in something to match the same level as Genshin. They have more freedom for it, too. Though when games like Uma Musume make monster money, they have no need to.
Fucking lazy devs, I swear...

Mona's is literally just Barbara's granny """""swimsuit""""" and looks fucking awful, almost like a diaper.
Little did you knew haha

I see myself as a single voice in this sea of insanity from the twitter and reddit playerbase, and I can just tell that any future changes are going to get gobbled up as they kiss the CCP boot and ask for more.
Yep, I found it also pretty hilarious when ultra "liberal" west accepts CN censoring as nothing happened. It's a very interesting political phenomenon. Another confirmation that western political left went full retard.

Not like I had any doubts after what happened to JK Rowling, where even her ultra liberal feminist position is considered "problematic" because she's against of erasing word "women" lol

Twitter and Reddit is all for erasing women looks like.

So...got hot auntie in my first 10 pull attempt.

I got her on the first 10x pull

got her in 40 rolls
Hm... Looks like they're giving her away for free lol

Freeman76

I have several characters who use the same weapon types, whats the best way to farm 4* weapons so i dont have to keep swapping shit around?

Also is there anything worth going for with the banners? I have 8k primogems

Saber

Gold Member
This is the examples I'm talking about. People on reddit are as much crazy as they can get.
Female characters wearing clothes I can deal with. But if they’re banning femboys and masc-women I’m rioting

I seriously hope CN censors all the male characters as well so people like this piece of shit can free their minds from this retarded thinking.

I have several characters who use the same weapon types, whats the best way to farm 4* weapons so i dont have to keep swapping shit around?

Theres no actually banner for 4 weapons. They come naturally on any banner. I would strongly suggest you to hold your primogems until you decide what to do.
Do you characters relly on attacks? skills or burst? Theres 4-type prototype weapons that might save you the trouple of wasting primos. I suggest you go to sites like Honey impact and see for yourself which weapons suits better yours characters play style.

And again, hold that prymos. Never know when you gonna need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Besides wish?

You need to defeat week bosses to have an opportunity to drop prototypes, there are some free 4* star weapons like the Claymore in the Dragonspine and others in Inazuma.

Last edited:

crumbs

I haven't pulled on the character banner since Kazuha's in July, so I had zero pity built up. Decided to drop 20 wishes on Shenhe's banner to start building pity up for the Shogun rerun. So this happened:

714G39o.jpg

I think I may have used up all my GI luck getting two 5 stars in a row, albeit almost exactly 6 months apart. This is really going to skew my "Pulls between 5 stars" average :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Diluc's at C2 as I've almost always get him when losing the 50/50. I guess the added bonus is that he hit right away, so I was still able to start building pity.

BlackM1st

Banned
I haven't pulled on the character banner since Kazuha's in July, so I had zero pity built up. Decided to drop 20 wishes on Shenhe's banner to start building pity up for the Shogun rerun. So this happened:

714G39o.jpg

I think I may have used up all my GI luck getting two 5 stars in a row, albeit almost exactly 6 months apart. This is really going to skew my "Pulls between 5 stars" average :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Diluc's at C2 as I've almost always get him when losing the 50/50. I guess the added bonus is that he hit right away, so I was still able to start building pity.
I feel like I'm missing all the fun, but I ain't pulling. I just doesn't have any resources left lmao

crumbs

I feel like I'm missing all the fun, but I ain't pulling. I just doesn't have any resources left lmao
I only pulled since I was bored and wanted to start building pity for the next update. I didn't really want any of the characters on the banner.

I do have to chuckle a bit looking at my wish history. That Bennett was like C9, plus I have almost enough Rainslashers to R5 two copies, but I don't have anyone to them on.

Top Bottom