• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

deanote666

Ended up going to a Verizon store and sat in the corner for an hour while the Genshin update downloaded on my 2 phones. Wifi speeds there ranged from 5x to 10x the download speed of my home internet.

Genshin now setting at 23.15GB on my phone.

Used to be you could set it to download overnight but after the last few maintenance cycles, if left alone, phones complain genshin is "overloading the CPU" while it downloads and now stops downloading in the background, meaning you need to keep your phone awake and can't use it for anything else during the download, hence me using Verizon's 60gbs wifi as apposed to my 3mbs home wifi. Ran a bit slower than 60gbs since I had to hotspot their wifi to my other phone since it isn't active.

Pejo

Ended up going to a Verizon store and sat in the corner for an hour while the Genshin update downloaded on my 2 phones. Wifi speeds there ranged from 5x to 10x the download speed of my home internet.

Genshin now setting at 23.15GB on my phone.

Used to be you could set it to download overnight but after the last few maintenance cycles, if left alone, phones complain genshin is "overloading the CPU" while it downloads and now stops downloading in the background, meaning you need to keep your phone awake and can't use it for anything else during the download, hence me using Verizon's 60gbs wifi as apposed to my 3mbs home wifi. Ran a bit slower than 60gbs since I had to hotspot their wifi to my other phone since it isn't active.
It's insane to me that you live somewhere where 3mb/s is the best on offer. Starlink would be a huge upgrade to you if available.

PATCHLY REMINDER
If you care about maxing BP experience (which probably nobody does anymore), leave at least 3 weekly bosses and your reputation quests/bounties undone until after the update tomorrow. Also, don't do your dailies tomorrow until after the patch drops.

I'm excited to finally have something to roll on. I haven't really amassed much extra primogems despite the relatively long dely. I guess because there haven't been any events either, nor anything out of the weekly compensations that actually gave us primogems.

Going to put in some time with the Yelan trial, hopefully they put us with Yanfei so I can test her out properly, since they never seem to put other 5*s as your demo characters. If I like her, goal will be C2 before her banner ends. If I don't care for her gameplay, C0 is fine, and then I'll try to sneak a Shinobu in without hitting pity on Itto's banner. I mean either way I'm going to be aiming for that. Shinobu is core to my plans for my Rosaria team.

Also, the spice event will continue for another 7 days or so. If you want to feed Yelan some friendship exp you my want to hold onto your dishes. Not sure if that'll work though.

Pejo

Also, the spice event will continue for another 7 days or so. If you want to feed Yelan some friendship exp you my want to hold onto your dishes. Not sure if that'll work though.
Yea it's been confirmed that both she and Shinobu (for some reason) have food lines in the teapot. Yelan will be within the time limit but there's no way Shinobu will be...unless....they add her to the general pool at 2.7 release?

Yea it's been confirmed that both she and Shinobu (for some reason) have food lines in the teapot. Yelan will be within the time limit but there's no way Shinobu will be...unless....they add her to the general pool at 2.7 release?
No way they'd do that. Good to know the dishes will work for Yelan though.

Fuz

Banned
Also, don't do your dailies tomorrow until after the patch drops.
Can you remind me what time it drops? Also, if you can, in Rome time, since I always get time zones wrong somehow, even with google's help. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Btw, does pulling a copy of a C6 character give a wish? Blue or purple?

In unrelated news, since I mentioned it some time ago in here, Exos Heroes now has a PC client, if anyone's curious. Honestly, the game is "meh" and has been fucked up BADLY with the last season update and its dailies, if done fully, are also very time consuming, so I don't really recommend it to anyone, but it still has the best character design and art direction I've ever seen in a game of this type. The art team is really top tier, every time they drop a new design they manage to leave me in admiration. There's also jiggle physics.
2Rce3.gif

Last edited:
Can you remind me what time it drops? Also, if you can, in Rome time, since I always get time zones wrong somehow, even with google's help. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Btw, does pulling a copy of a C6 character give a wish? Blue or purple?
The game's servers are currently down in EU. I assume the new patch comes lives immediately when they start back up again. By the time we wake up tomorrow, I expect there to be first impressions from Asian players.

Getting another copy of a C6 character gives you Starglitter. Enough for one wish if it's a 4 star.

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

In unrelated news, since I mentioned it some time ago in here, Exos Heroes now has a PC client, if anyone's curious. Honestly, the game is "meh" and has been fucked up BADLY with the last season update and its dailies, if done fully, are also very time consuming, so I don't really recommend it to anyone, but it still has the best character design and art direction I've ever seen in a game of this type. The art team is really top tier, every time they drop a new design they manage to leave me in admiration. There's also jiggle physics.
2Rce3.gif
Those character designs remind me of Terra Battle mixed with Hyung-Tae Kim (Blade & Soul, Magna Carta, Destiny Child) The faces look a little
ayy GIF

for my tastes, but it's always good to find an art style that resonates with you.

Regarding server times, according to an article, here you go:

The expected server uptimes for all major regions are as follows:

• Indian Standard Time: 8:30 AM (May 31)
  • Central Time: 9:00 PM (May 30)
  • Central European Time: 4:00 AM (May 31)
  • Malaysia: 11:00 AM (May 31)
  • Phillipines: 11:00 AM (May 31)
  • Australia ET: 2:00 PM (May 31)
  • UK GMT: 3:00 AM (May 31)
  • United States ET: 10:00 PM (May 30)
  • Western European: 3:00 AM (May 31)
  • PST(Pacific): 7:00PM (May 31)

*edit*

Here's some footage of Yelan + Yoimiya. Looks really good.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Fuz

deanote666

Guessing Shinobu would have been available for the event based on the original timetable.

Pejo

Man these leaks just keep getting weirder.

Now we have the new "special effects" from Diluc's skin without....the skin?

Pejo

Well shit, I'm embarrassed. I was the one that posted that reminder earlier and I was off on which day it was, I had no idea the patch dropped today since it's usually on a Tuesday.

Anyways, Yelan is fun. Her auto attacks don't feel as smooth as they look in videos, but otherwise she's what I expected. Her elemental skill is so cool, especially for big groups. They gave us the usual trio of Xiangling/Lisa/Kaeya for her trial which sucked, since none of them take advantage of her fast reapplication of Hydro (maybe Lisa if you're auto attacking as her). Regardless, I knew I wanted her, so I rolled. Ended up rolling all my saved rolls and primos and won the 50/50 twice in a row, so she's sitting at C1 now. I didn't pre-farm anything, so I ran out of ascension materials at level 60, and gave her Venti's level 80 Stringless. She does dick all damage right now but is still a lot of fun to play. I only wish there were more instances where you fight large groups of small enemies.

I'm probably not going to dig into the new story stuff until tomorrow, but we're finally able to edit our teapots again, so I swapped Yelan in and collected that sweet sweet friendship XP that tubby had been storing for me. Didn't even make it to level 2 friendship with all of that stored friendship, so meh.

Now I have a few new goals, gotta level up Yelan and get her talents and artifacts to a decent spot, then go back and level up my Hu Tao so I can finally see her potential. I'm thinking of running either Hu Tao/Yelan/Xinyan/Qiqi or Hu Tao/Yelan/Thoma/Barbie. Whichever between Xinyan and Thoma have the better shield, I guess. It'll probably be Xinyan because she has access to the Sacrificial Claymore and there isn't a "sacrificial" themed spear yet, just to have more uptime on the shield.

Which artifacts are you guys thinking for Yelan? Right now I have some spare Hearth of Depth stuff on her, but I doubt that's going to be BiS.

*edit*

OrDR2up.png

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
ButWhy.jpg

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Uhm, I was freeing artifact space and I found out I had some 5* artifacts from new sets I never saw before. I haven't been in an artifact domain since the last BP. Where the hell did they came from? [Echoes of an Offering; Vermilion Hereafter]
Related: Is there a new artifact domain?

Wasn't the 5th panel of the painting screen from the event supposed to react to hydro? Because mine doesn't. What am I missing?

Tried Yelan. Man, I like her gameplay. I hate that she's bow and that stupid jacket glued to her shoulders. Can someone who has her and played Xinghei extensively (go away, Pejo) give me an evaluation/comparison?

Side thought: Since I've completed all commissions in Inazuma, I've been back to Mondstadt. And man, I'm enjoying the game again. It's designed so much better and with much less annoyances. I've even been going around aimlessly just to maybe kill stuff and get materials.
I'm dreading Sumeru.

Last edited:

deanote666

ButWhy.jpg

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Uhm, I was freeing artifact space and I found out I had some 5* artifacts from new sets I never saw before. I haven't been in an artifact domain since the last BP. Where the hell did they came from? [Echoes of an Offering; Vermilion Hereafter]

Wasn't the 5th panel of the painting screen from the event supposed to react to hydro? Because mine doesn't. What am I missing?

Tried Yelan. Man, I like her gameplay. I hate that she's bow and that stupid jacket glued to her shoulders. Can someone who has her and played Xinghei extensively (go away, Pejo) give me an evaluation/comparison?

Side thought: Since I've completed all commissions in Inazuma, I've been back to Mondstadt. And man, I'm enjoying the game again. It's designed so much better and with much less annoyances. I've even been going around aimlessly just to maybe kill stuff and get materials.
I'm dreading Sumeru.
Did you do abyss and claim your artifact boxes?

crumbs

*edit*

OrDR2up.png

Lucky? You lost your last two 50/50s, if anything you're so very unlucky. What's that? I'm not crying, you're probably crying for being so unlucky....

Sad Sterling K Brown GIF by This Is Us

Congrats on a crazy good pull. I wonder what the odds of getting three 5 stars on one 10 pull are?

Last edited:
No, not since the one in the Chasm for Ayato/Xiao.
That was just for story purposes I guess.
I don't play Xingqiu but objectively the differences are that he can apply more hydro to opponents, allowing him to better keep up with certain pyro characters for vaping. Xingqiu also heals and offers stagger resistance. Yelan deals more personal damage though and gives an ATK% boost to the active character in your party during her burst duration. She's more energy hungry than Xingqiu, but that's easily offset with the many bows that help with that.

She seems like a solid unit right now, but if you're not sure you should probably wait a couple of days. She could be overestimated right now, or she could be undervalued like Kazuha was.

Fuz

Banned
We waited, but quality assurance was top notch.

Xingyan1.jpg

Xingyan2.jpg

Did you do abyss and claim your artifact boxes?
Haven't done abyss in the last 2 months, at least.

That was just for story purposes I guess.
People on the subreddit, before the lock, were saying it reacted? Did I dream it?

No, not since the one in the Chasm for Ayato/Xiao.
I probably ran it once and forgotten all about it.

Last edited:

Pejo

We waited, but quality assurance was top notch.
The G is just silent, that's all. It's a Liyue thing, you just don't get it.
People on the subreddit, before the lock, were saying it reacted? Did I dream it?
It did react during the event. Haven't tested to see in my own game though.

Lucky? You lost your last two 50/50s, if anything you're so very unlucky. What's that? I'm not crying, you're probably crying for being so unlucky....
You know you brought up a good point. I actually am on my next guaranteed now because I got them in that order, split throughout the 10 pull, but still Mona first, then Yelan, then Diluc in the last pull.

I had gotten 2 pulls previously with 2 5*s, but this is my first time getting 3 in the same pull.

Pejo

Meanwhile Honkai...

7d8381fa0d443f4ba4494d2834937070_8893117721407700151.gif

Wish they could stay consistent across all of their games, but I get that Genshin is orders of magnitude bigger than Honkai.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Meanwhile Honkai...

7d8381fa0d443f4ba4494d2834937070_8893117721407700151.gif

Wish they could stay consistent across all of their games, but I get that Genshin is orders of magnitude bigger than Honkai.
and honkai is 12+ pegi.
ZZZ is 16+ i hope there is less censorship.

Dregnel

i got my yelan with 28 pulls but i sold all my 3* hp bows...
now i'm using this sacrifice bow i feel like she still need energy recharge and over 220% if you want her ulti available all the time.
her passive wants you to have characters of different elements but you need another water character to keep vaporizing all the time or have an exaggerated amount of energy recharge and sacrifice a HP goblet which would not be worth it for that extra that it gives you to have a team of different elements.

i don't understand her E and that invisibility any monster can see you even if you are too far away.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I tested out Yelan's buoyancy, and she still has it. This was on the PC version NA server, not sure if that matters. It's toned down over like Lisa for sure, but there's still some jiggle jiggle and wiggle wiggle going on, so I'm not sure where that video was recorded. I've been farming that snake mecha boss for Yelan's ascension mats and it's exactly the type of fight I hate where the damn thing is invulnerable for 85% of the fight. Is there any trick to stopping it from going underground other than busting the postules when it's sucking up black goo and putting it in a stun state? I don't seem to be able to 1 shot it with Eula because it doesn't stay above ground long enough for the full ultimate to hit it.
i got my yelan with 28 pulls but i sold all my 3* hp bows...
now i'm using this sacrifice bow i feel like she still need energy recharge and over 220% if you want her ulti available all the time.
her passive wants you to have characters of different elements but you need another water character to keep vaporizing all the time or have an exaggerated amount of energy recharge and sacrifice a HP goblet which would not be worth it for that extra that it gives you to have a team of different elements.
I don't have her or her artifacts or weapon maxed out yet, but I haven't had a bit of problem with her Ult being ready in the team of Yoimiya/Shogun/DongZhong/Yelan (the team that I've been farming her ascension materials with). Then again, I have 2 charges of her ele skill, so maybe that's helping quite a bit. I'm also using Stringless on her for the eventual extra damage when she is actually built enough to do real damage. She's buffing the hell out of my Yoimiya right now though. 45k vapes on the big % hits and every single shot is vaping. Loving her so far.
i don't understand her E and that invisibility any monster can see you even if you are too far away.
I think the invisibility part is just anime "nothing personnel kid" *warps behind u* stuff. I don't think it actually prevents detection from enemies. It's more just to look cool and show that you're in a "state" that you can run fast and mark enemies to explode them.

Dregnel

So I tested out Yelan's buoyancy, and she still has it. This was on the PC version NA server, not sure if that matters. It's toned down over like Lisa for sure, but there's still some jiggle jiggle and wiggle wiggle going on, so I'm not sure where that video was recorded. I've been farming that snake mecha boss for Yelan's ascension mats and it's exactly the type of fight I hate where the damn thing is invulnerable for 85% of the fight. Is there any trick to stopping it from going underground other than busting the postules when it's sucking up black goo and putting it in a stun state? I don't seem to be able to 1 shot it with Eula because it doesn't stay above ground long enough for the full ultimate to hit it.

I don't have her or her artifacts or weapon maxed out yet, but I haven't had a bit of problem with her Ult being ready in the team of Yoimiya/Shogun/DongZhong/Yelan (the team that I've been farming her ascension materials with). Then again, I have 2 charges of her ele skill, so maybe that's helping quite a bit. I'm also using Stringless on her for the eventual extra damage when she is actually built enough to do real damage. She's buffing the hell out of my Yoimiya right now though. 45k vapes on the big % hits and every single shot is vaping. Loving her so far.

I think the invisibility part is just anime "nothing personnel kid" *warps behind u* stuff. I don't think it actually prevents detection from enemies. It's more just to look cool and show that you're in a "state" that you can run fast and mark enemies to explode them.
xingiu have the same problem, those ultimates are too good but he seems to have less energy recharge problems, i checked her build inside the training and yeah she has over 200% there, the best way to play with her if you don't have c1 is to use another water element if you collect the same type of energy (water orb generated by another character) is energy recharge x2 so yeah, i using mona while i'm waiting for her ulti.
i saw this video right now and I think this guy knows what's wrong with me.

Fake

I watched this video in the time you put, IDK why don't mention (if he mention I don't noted) that Xingu C5 or C6 works pretty well with Yelan elemental burst, even more if you have an anemo with 4-set anemo piece.

edit: the problem with chars like Childe and the Shogun are, after them everyone want a clone/OP character.

Last edited:

Pejo

I watched this video in the time you put, IDK why don't mention (if he mention I don't noted) that Xingu C5 or C6 works pretty well with Yelan elemental burst, even more if you have an anemo with 4-set anemo piece.

edit: the problem with chars like Childe and the Shogun are, after them everyone want a clone/OP character.
Yea the 'double Xingqiu' setup seems pretty strong too. But it's hard to trust YouTubers who fish for good runs (and don't show the bad ones) and spent ridiculous amount of time farming artifacts and then swap them around to other characters when they need to show off big numbers.

This for instance is pretty damn fast for the lizard boss.

Fake

Yea the 'double Xingqiu' setup seems pretty strong too. But it's hard to trust YouTubers who fish for good runs (and don't show the bad ones) and spent ridiculous amount of time farming artifacts and then swap them around to other characters when they need to show off big numbers.

I really hate the lizard boss.

I thinking of make ER build for her.

Dregnel

yeah dude i tried this some minutes ago you feel like gilgamesh from FGO.

W6pSESe.gif

Fortunately I won the 50/50 again and can now enjoy boob mole classy jazz lady. I didn't prefarm much for her since I wasn't sure I'd be willing to spend 180 wishes for her. I can finally use some of the fragile resin I've been saving. I'm happy with her performance so far. I'm using Favonius bow on her, but am interested in the event bow too.

deanote666

Got Yelan C1. Guessing the event bow is made for her?

Got roughly half the boss materials needed to level her up but I have the same amount of mora as Mona so it doesn't make much difference.

Last edited:

Pejo

Started doing the story quest, I have to say, I'm impressed that Yelan is actually kinda a bitch after all, at least to Itto. I hate how they pronounce her name though.

crumbs

Decided to pull for Yelan after completing her trial. I wasn't blown away by her kit, but she seems somewhat fun to play and she'll be useful in a number of team comps. I also don't see myself pulling until Sumeru and I don't want to wait that long to add a new character. Fortunately, I was able to get her at about 60 wishes and won the 50/50, so pretty good luck for me (although it pales in comparison to some of the ridiculous 10 pulls seen in this thread recently). It was a little depressing getting more C6+ Noelle and Barbara cons, but I did get a Stringless, which has been eluding me up until this point.

I was pre-farming a bit for Yelan during the delay. Already had a Favonius Bow ready for her, but I screwed up and had been farming the TotM domain thinking that she scales on HP. Anyway, I had a couple of decent EoSF pieces, but I'll need to start farming that domain again.

Pejo

I finally found a way to play at exclusive fullscreen at a lower res with higher rendering resolution. My poor 2070 Super can't push 4k without the fans going batshit now that the summer months are upon us.

In case anyone else on PC is interested, just set the resolution to your desired resolution (windowed) and the rendering resolution in the game, exit, then find the executable (usually in program files somewhere) and go to the Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ folder. You'll find the .exe in there, right click it and send to -> Desktop (create shortcut). Then go to your new desktop shortcut, right click -> Properties, then in the "target" field, at the very end, add: -window-mode exclusive
(notice the space before the first hyphen)

Then launch the game from the new shortcut, and you will have true fullscreen at your lower resolution. Playing borderless Windowed just wasn't doing it for me.

Anyways, is Yelan's story quest locked behind time gated progress of this new Chasm quest? I tried to unlock it after doing all of the available new content and it said I hadn't done the pre-reqs yet. Kinda shitty if so. This patch very much fills like a filler patch. Understandable given all the stuff going on in CN, and considering we get Golden Apple Archipelago next patch. The new combat trial was actually pretty fun. Even on the hardest difficulty, it wasn't too bad. I made a mistake and didn't look at the enemy layout for the last round and didn't bring a healer. I was cutting it close by the time I beat samurai bot thanks to those shitty dickwolves and their "hits through Burst animation" bullshit.

*edit*

Cool art
n36t7stlns291.jpg

Last edited:

Dregnel

i can't keep going my game is so fucking broken mainly in inazuma, I need to do the story of shogun and also the story of kokomi and after that the whole chasm but i can't go to inazuma just some places.
this patch is really broken at the moment.
RlASzBF.png
lSujxV3.png

TBOoSQA.png

Last edited:

Pejo

i can't keep going my game is so fucking broken mainly in inazuma, I need to do the story of shogun and also the story of kokomi and after that the whole chasm but i can't go to inazuma just some places.
this patch is really broken at the moment.
RlASzBF.png
lSujxV3.png

TBOoSQA.png
Are you playing on PC or PS? Either way I'm not sure what I'm seeing here but you probably want to verify files or delete/re-download.

Dregnel

Are you playing on PC or PS? Either way I'm not sure what I'm seeing here but you probably want to verify files or delete/re-download.
the game decided to repair itself, it seems that the game detected the problem after I fell into the abyss many times the game started to verify the files and it seems that it was repaired, I had this problem since yesterday but I only saw white textures and invisible floors but seems fixed for now.

Last edited:

Pejo

So people are saying that the new event bow is best F2P bow for Sara. High base attack for a 4* and good off-field buffs.

Maybe I'll finally find a way to use her.

Top Bottom