• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

SSfox

I got myself Sucrose in the Perma banner today, so happy, she really super fun and more than i though.

Also for the first time i could 36* Abyss, Sucrose helped there as well.

About Yelan she's fun but gotta skip and looks cool design wise, but i'm saving for other characters, also the 4* aren't the ones i want most. Maybe in her rerun who knows.

Fuz

Banned
I got myself Sucrose in the Perma banner today, so happy, she really super fun and more than i though.

Also for the first time i could 36* Abyss, Sucrose helped there as well.
You built her in an afternoon?

Exit the Fuz

crumbs

So people are saying that the new event bow is best F2P bow for Sara. High base attack for a 4* and good off-field buffs.

Maybe I'll finally find a way to use her.
The event bow is interesting/tricky since the ER ascension + reward during Yelan's banner make you think it would work well for her. But then you see the the high base ATK and low ER% and it seems like a worse option than the Favonius bow. I guess it would be asking too much for a free 4 star weapon to be given out on the same version as a new 5 star character + new 5 star BIS bow.

For Yelan, how are you guys building her artifacts? Seems like EoSF 4 piece is recommended, I was think HP% + Hydro DMG + CD. I'm thinking that I get enough ER from the Favonius bow + EoSF 2 piece bonus + ER substats.

Pejo

Gold Member
The event bow is interesting/tricky since the ER ascension + reward during Yelan's banner make you think it would work well for her. But then you see the the high base ATK and low ER% and it seems like a worse option than the Favonius bow. I guess it would be asking too much for a free 4 star weapon to be given out on the same version as a new 5 star character + new 5 star BIS bow.

For Yelan, how are you guys building her artifacts? Seems like EoSF 4 piece is recommended, I was think HP% + Hydro DMG + CD. I'm thinking that I get enough ER from the Favonius bow + EoSF 2 piece bonus + ER substats.
Yea i'll be building her with Severed Fate for sure after I finish ascending her/doing talents. Right now I have Heart of Depth on her and it sucks, but she's only doing like 1-2k per hit anyways at level 80 with 1/1/1 talents, so it is what it is.

I guess she could be your Noblesse user too if you wanted, but EoSF seems to be the best fit.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm stuck with 2 Tenacity (+20% HP) and Heart of Depths (+15% Hydro DMG) since the EoSF domain has not been kind to me. I think it'll take a long time before I can get anything better for her. My ER comes from only Fav bow and substats, and I'm able to get her burst back pretty reliably.

Dregnel

ugh, when you use yelan's E you can't jump, this is a problem because you can get stuck and running like a fool if you find some stones or stairs around map.
it happens with mona and sayu too but this not a problem within the cities, why?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
ugh, when you use yelan's E you can't jump, this is a problem because you can get stuck and running like a fool if you find some stones or stairs around map.
it happens with mona and sayu too but this not a problem within the cities, why?
All of the "movement" skills have this problem. It's a byproduct of the "feature" that stops you from falling off of cliffs if you're attacking. Same issue with bow users while they're aiming the bow. It wouldn't be an issue if 90% of the game wasn't uneven ground and hills and stuff. It's stupid.

Last edited:

crumbs

Yea i'll be building her with Severed Fate for sure after I finish ascending her/doing talents. Right now I have Heart of Depth on her and it sucks, but she's only doing like 1-2k per hit anyways at level 80 with 1/1/1 talents, so it is what it is.

I guess she could be your Noblesse user too if you wanted, but EoSF seems to be the best fit.

I've had decent luck with the EoSF domain, but I've already used a lot of the good pieces on the Shogun, Xingqiu, and Xiangling. As for NO, I haven't farmed that one in a while. Most of the good NO pieces went to Bennett, Mona, and 2 piece to Ningguang. I think I'll just stick with EoSF, that domain is pretty quick to complete.

I'm stuck with 2 Tenacity (+20% HP) and Heart of Depths (+15% Hydro DMG) since the EoSF domain has not been kind to me. I think it'll take a long time before I can get anything better for her. My ER comes from only Fav bow and substats, and I'm able to get her burst back pretty reliably.

I currently running her with Lvl 20 EoSF Flower + Feather, but with 2 piece TotM since I don't have other EoSF pieces worth upgrading. It's a shame since I have some decent TotM artifacts since I thought the 20% HP bonus was going to be a good bet for Yelan, but I'm not seeing a lot of people recommending it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Is really matter increase her HP over ATK?

IDK how her scales work.
Her burst scales decently from HP, but to me, she's going to still want to do big crits (since her ascension passive is Crit Rate). To me it seems like a no brainer to build her for CDMG/ATK like most characters, and then just fill in enough ER to keep her Burst ready, then unload the rest on HP. I'm sure somebody will do the math to see at what point HP is better. I bet you'd need a lot of it, like 40K HP, to outdo your typical CDMG/ATK build stuff. Who knows though.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I currently running her with Lvl 20 EoSF Flower + Feather, but with 2 piece TotM since I don't have other EoSF pieces worth upgrading. It's a shame since I have some decent TotM artifacts since I thought the 20% HP bonus was going to be a good bet for Yelan, but I'm not seeing a lot of people recommending it.
EoSF is just too effective at dealing with her ER issues, and boosting her damage in the process. As usual it depends on your specific artifacts though. If those are cracked with the exact stats she needs (HP, ER and Crit) I'd just stick with them as the resin investment to get something better wouldn't be worth it. If you're gonna farm anyway, might as well go with the best set though.

Her burst scales decently from HP, but to me, she's going to still want to do big crits (since her ascension passive is Crit Rate). To me it seems like a no brainer to build her for CDMG/ATK like most characters, and then just fill in enough ER to keep her Burst ready, then unload the rest on HP.
From what I see people say, ATK literally does nothing on her. It's why people are running 3 star bows and disregarding Fading Twilight. Maybe they're wrong though, I've no clue.

Pejo

Gold Member
From what I see people say, ATK literally does nothing on her. It's why people are running 3 star bows and disregarding Fading Twilight. Maybe they're wrong though, I've no clue.
Interesting. That could be why mine is so weak despite me having "ok" artifacts on her. You can see right on her stats page that the burst does like 8% of her HP x3. at rank 9. No mention of attack anywhere in the equation. So maybe HP and CDMG? Does CDMG effect damage done on HP scaling attacks though? I don't think we've really had a character to test that out with other than maybe Zhongli, but nobody really uses him for damage.

Fake

Thats a curious one. Probably gonna look around this.

I have many bows (no 5*), but is hard to pick up the right.

crumbs

EoSF is just too effective at dealing with her ER issues, and boosting her damage in the process. As usual it depends on your specific artifacts though. If those are cracked with the exact stats she needs (HP, ER and Crit) I'd just stick with them as the resin investment to get something better wouldn't be worth it. If you're gonna farm anyway, might as well go with the best set though.

I don't mid farming the EoSF domain since it's quick and the EoSF artifacts work on a bunch of characters.

As for Yelan, her burst , breakthrough shot, and elemental skill scale exclusively as a percentage of her HP. ATK would only help her NA string, which is probably a low priority it terms of her damage potential.

Fake

The guides seem to recommend getting her to at least 190 - 200% ER, then add HP% or Crit Damage. I'm still building her, so I can't say for myself.

I can't play right now because I moved from my old place, but I need to test her as well.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
A single fate from the battle pass gave me a five star on the standard banner! It's the Skyward Atlas. One of the worst weapons in the game? Hopefully Kusanali can use it...

Pejo

Gold Member
erzgikr8f3391.png

Pejo

Gold Member
This is BULLSHIT. I will never call her Hanachirusato. Kazari for life.

*edit*

DIfDlfS5eSfEltu0d0pM7iS4Zof4q10cAeO2nCVHifA.jpg

So it looks like Intensified (Dendro + Electro) is just a straight upgrade to Electro characters. It also buffs all of their skills and reactions. Pretty crazy.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
So that's kinda cool - Yelan regens stamina while using her running elemental skill. So you can just keep dashing with her essentially, making her possibly the fastest character by land in the game.

I am really having a lot of fun playing her. Best and most fun female character they've made in a long time. This is usually the kind of kits they give the males to incentivize pulling them.

I've got mecha snake down to being able to kill him with only 3 underground phases. I had him go into "goo sucking" phase early one time so I killed him in 2 undergrounds, but I don't know how I triggered it. It doesn't seem to be damage entirely, though he doesn't seem to do it until he's at least at 60% health.

Also - what kind of bullshit is it that the Statue of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder is an outdoor furnishing? Who decides what goes indoor and outdoor with those little ornaments? Who keeps their figures outside? I was making Sara a little womancave in my house and couldn't find the damn statue, only to realize it's outdoor only.

crumbs

So that's kinda cool - Yelan regens stamina while using her running elemental skill. So you can just keep dashing with her essentially, making her possibly the fastest character by land in the game.

I am really having a lot of fun playing her. Best and most fun female character they've made in a long time. This is usually the kind of kits they give the males to incentivize pulling them.

Yes, they gave Yelan some compelling little details that I didn't pay close attention to when her info leaked. An example is her "breakthrough state barbed shot" (the bracelet detail is both helpful and visually interesting ) is not the same as a fully charged shot. The barbed shot does AOE hydro based off a percentage of her HP, instead of the charged shot based off her ATK. So if you're already stacking HP for her skill and burst, this gives you another part of her kit that benefits. Not a huge deal but little custom touches make her feel more unique to play.

Pejo

Gold Member
Yes, they gave Yelan some compelling little details that I didn't pay close attention to when her info leaked. An example is her "breakthrough state barbed shot" (the bracelet detail is both helpful and visually interesting ) is not the same as a fully charged shot. The barbed shot does AOE hydro based off a percentage of her HP, instead of the charged shot based off her ATK. So if you're already stacking HP for her skill and burst, this gives you another part of her kit that benefits. Not a huge deal but little custom touches make her feel more unique to play.
Yea and it has the biggest AoE out of all the charged shots, even bigger than Ganyu lv. 2. The bracelet is really a cool flavor "feature".

deanote666

Gold Member
Also - what kind of bullshit is it that the Statue of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder is an outdoor furnishing? Who decides what goes indoor and outdoor with those little ornaments? Who keeps their figures outside? I was making Sara a little womancave in my house and couldn't find the damn statue, only to realize it's outdoor only.
On the island in my teapot with the mansion, I have the mansion, 6 plots of farm land, crafting table, blacksmith bench, and 2 fish ponds. I only have 3 available additional furnishing slots left after that before it yells at me. Message says the max number of furnishings, not max load has been exceeded.

I wanna know what witchcraft some of the people that make entire worlds in their teapots use to get the game to allow them to put so many things down.

Pejo

Gold Member
On the island in my teapot with the mansion, I have the mansion, 6 plots of farm land, crafting table, blacksmith bench, and 2 fish ponds. I only have 3 available additional furnishing slots left after that before it yells at me. Message says the max number of furnishings, not max load has been exceeded.

I wanna know what witchcraft some of the people that make entire worlds in their teapots use to get the game to allow them to put so many things down.
6wfv57xgt8391.png

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
Yelan's really cool. One fun way to play is by using the Sacrificial bow. Use burst, then tap E, use barb shot, normal attack, tap E again etc. You can activate her burst several times in a matter of seconds and generate a bunch of energy to reset her burst. It's interesting play styles like that that most characters were lacking.

I've been using Fading Twilight on her and it does restrict her energy generation quite a bit, but it looks great on her and it's pretty fun to see her in the "boosted" state constantly. I think it's workable with better artifacts though.

crumbs

Not much fanfare when you get the event bow. I just finished the main quest and was wondering when we get the bow, but there it was in my inventory. I guess I need to pay more attention when collecting rewards.

Pejo

Gold Member
Man that quest was pretty good. I did it all in one sitting so it had the weight of being "trapped" down there. Cool departure from their usual themes and story bits. Kinda dark themes at the end there too. I hope we get more stuff like this.

The devs really want us to like Xiao, they spend a disproportionate amount of effort for us to get him to come around to having friends. At least the whole thing makes sense given his characterization and background though. I like Yelan in the story bits too. I unlocked her character quest but it's late already, so I'll do it tomorrow.

It seemed like they were always half a step away from telling/showing us more about the Traveler and sibling, but then they back away from it every time. I sure hope they actually have some sort of plan for the story and aren't just making it up as they go.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, the new Chasm quest is really good. Even if still too verbose, at least the dialogues are on point and not idiotic like we have most of the time. They're learning.

Paimon staying away from that door...
Emotion Reaction GIF

crumbs

Man that quest was pretty good. I did it all in one sitting so it had the weight of being "trapped" down there. Cool departure from their usual themes and story bits. Kinda dark themes at the end there too. I hope we get more stuff like this.

The devs really want us to like Xiao, they spend a disproportionate amount of effort for us to get him to come around to having friends. At least the whole thing makes sense given his characterization and background though. I like Yelan in the story bits too. I unlocked her character quest but it's late already, so I'll do it tomorrow.

It seemed like they were always half a step away from telling/showing us more about the Traveler and sibling, but then they back away from it every time. I sure hope they actually have some sort of plan for the story and aren't just making it up as they go.

Agreed, I ended up enjoying this quest more than I expected. I wasn't sure about the character mix, but it ended up working out. It helps that all the English VAs for this collection of characters are pretty good, especially Itto (who could be really annoying with the wrong VA). I also haven't started Yelan's story quest either, so I hope it's decent as I'm enjoying her character so far.

Yeah, the new Chasm quest is really good. Even if still too verbose, at least the dialogues are on point and not idiotic like we have most of the time. They're learning.

Paimon staying away from that door...
Emotion Reaction GIF
Yeah, for a character that will never STFU, Paimon was awfully quiet and/or "sleeping" during some important moments.

"Oh no, we're trapped here without any means of escape!"
M
*click*
go away goodbye GIF
The Group - "Oh no, we're trapped"
Traveler - "BRB, I gotta knock out my dailies and spend some resin."

The Group - "We should ration our food"
Traveler - "I'm a walking super market. I have enough cabbage and potatoes to keep Ireland fed for months."

Pejo

Gold Member
0zr5c8hodc391.png

The gun/polearm thing was a mistranslation and it's just a polearm. I'm sorta wondering out of that group of characters, which one is Yaoyao and Dr. Snakeyboi. the 4* Dendro bow is Collei, that's been leaked by multiple sources.

crumbs

0zr5c8hodc391.png

The gun/polearm thing was a mistranslation and it's just a polearm. I'm sorta wondering out of that group of characters, which one is Yaoyao and Dr. Snakeyboi. the 4* Dendro bow is Collei, that's been leaked by multiple sources.

Wasn't the rumor that Yaoyao is a free dendro character, so maybe she isn't listed as a banner character because of that? Kinda like how Amber/Lisa/Kaeya are not featured on banners?

For Baizhou, by process of elimination, I'm guessing he's the 5 star dendro bow.

The quantity of electro in these leaks seems to point to the dendro + electro reaction being important as the previous leaks have indicated.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I was expecting the archon to be in 3.1 since Zhongli and Shogun were in 1.1 and 2.1 respectively. At least I'll get to save up a bit more.

The line-up sounds a bit disappointing to me. Mostly because I think it'll be really hard to figure out what to pull for. Those Hydro/Electro chars might be super strong with Dendro characters that release later. Or they may not be. It's impossible to tell.

Pejo

Gold Member
I was expecting the archon to be in 3.1 since Zhongli and Shogun were in 1.1 and 2.1 respectively. At least I'll get to save up a bit more.

The line-up sounds a bit disappointing to me. Mostly because I think it'll be really hard to figure out what to pull for. Those Hydro/Electro chars might be super strong with Dendro characters that release later. Or they may not be. It's impossible to tell.
Individual character strength aside, as long as we don't get any more Thomas, Xinyans, or Saras, I usually roll based on design anyways. Other than those 3, it's unlikely for them to make a truly useless character.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Chasm quest - I'm kinda disappointed on Shinobu's personality. She's just the boring "straight woman" to Itto's antics, and I was really hoping that she had a bit more to her than that. I guess we'll see in the upcoming hangout quests, but we have MORE than enough of the diligent hard working always prepared character.

Fuz

Banned
I like Yelan in the story bits too. I unlocked her character quest
It's your usual-Lyiue-and-not-so-abused-no-siree annoying back and forth with an obvious plot twist where the character they want you to roll for is OH SO COOL SHE UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING FROM THE START WOW SHE SO SMORT AND EFFICIENT.
I'm kinda disappointed on Shinobu's personality. She's just the boring "straight woman" to Itto's antics, and I was really hoping that she had a bit more to her than that.
Agree. Too predictable. Another hothead would have been fun.

crumbs

One thing I forgot to mention about the Chasm quest - I'm kinda disappointed on Shinobu's personality. She's just the boring "straight woman" to Itto's antics, and I was really hoping that she had a bit more to her than that. I guess we'll see in the upcoming hangout quests, but we have MORE than enough of the diligent hard working always prepared character.
I like Shinobu's overall design, but she suffers from that design not really matching her character. The ninja + mask look doesn't really match the gang lawyer straight-woman character. It's like they had a ninja design left over for a character in Ayato's group, but ended up re-purposing it for an Arataki Gang member. Maybe her mask was supposed to read "gang member", but all I get is ninja.

Pejo

Gold Member
I like Shinobu's overall design, but she suffers from that design not really matching her character. The ninja + mask look doesn't really match the gang lawyer straight-woman character. It's like they had a ninja design left over for a character in Ayato's group, but ended up re-purposing it for an Arataki Gang member. Maybe her mask was supposed to read "gang member", but all I get is ninja.
Yea that's what I mean. Why even have the mask at all.

A better archetype for her would have been "awkward around people and mostly shy/silent but very capable and handles things from the shadows". Like Itto goes in and fucks something up, and she sneaks around and fixes what he messes up without saying a word and anybody knowing about it.

That's what I was expecting with her character, not masked Yanfei Jr.

Fuz

Banned
Often in mangas the female members of gangs are depicted with maks. Like covid masks, not ninja masks.

Dregnel

too many prerequisites to do the new quests i even had to do itto's story, now they're sending me to do npc related world quests and here i am using the wikia because the game is not telling me where these npcs are.

Top Bottom