• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

too many prerequisites to do the new quests i even had to do itto's story, now they're sending me to do npc related world quests and here i am using the wikia because the game is not telling me where these npcs are.

Make me wonder, is the Shogun quest require to do this?
I skiped that quest.

crumbs

Often in mangas the female members of gangs are depicted with maks. Like covid masks, not ninja masks.
I understand what you mean. I think maybe the designers were going for something like this with the mask:

But the mask with the rest of her kit seems more like a ninja look.

Fuz

Banned
I understand what you mean. I think maybe the designers were going for something like this with the mask:

But the mask with the rest of her kit seems more like a ninja look.

Adding to these features, sukeban usually wore surgical masks,[6] and often carried with them razor blades, bamboo swords and chains, which could be concealed under their skirts.[7][8]

E382B9E382B1E38390E383B328534D4729_E382B9E382B1E38390E383B328534D47295FE7AB8BE381A1E7B5B5302E706E67.png

6515518i

02card_Htp1qBjAlkjGlx-64JRayNCXm4onJ9Z1.jpg

1148415.jpg

sukeban-japanese-style.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
By the way, is Fading Twilight good for anything? 1.5x is tempting...
Sara's BiS 4*. Dunno otherwise. I'm building it out for her.

I've been jamming Fragrant Mint Salad into Yelan's gaping maw all morning.

This is gonna be her later tonight:

81gIZJOWsYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Gold Member
It could be interpreted as a way to show their "separation" from their physical bodies while they're stuck in the underground.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
By the way, is Fading Twilight good for anything? 1.5x is tempting...
It's pretty universal weapon that would be decent on a lot of characters. Good enough to level up for cheap right now IMO.

The ending to the event quest was kinda weird in how it wasn't dubbed at all. Besides that, I thought it was rather drawn out. Lots of dialogue to over explain things that were clear immediately. Itto opens the door and it's super obvious his fears manifest in the room. Then he opens it once more, followed by Yanfei, Shinobu and finally traveler, whose fear apparently isn't running out of primogems. Not believable in the slightest. Ayway, it drags a lot. I found myself skipping through most of the dialogue. The setting of the story is unique and interesting, but doesn't really fit this game since you can just go do your commissions and stuff everyday.

Overall I felt like the short animations were a much better and concise way to tell the story.

Saber

Gold Member
So, the game gave me Keqing. Probably my pity at limit, since nothing good came in the long long pulls long ago. Also, nothing good besides her.

deanote666

Gold Member
When you get 2 CR EoSF hats with CD substats and a CD EoSF hat with 2 condensed resins while trying for a HP sands EoSF...

Pejo

Gold Member
I really enjoyed that new battle event. Challenging enough without being a total pain, different mechanics for party composition, the random buffs that MHY love without being overly complicated. My Shenhe/Chongus/Kaz/Kokomi freeze team really had time to shine in this one. the rewards are all blue/purple tier too, which is a nice step up from blue/green rewards that we usually get. I'll give good feedback about this one, and would like to see something like it again.

Got Yelan to 90, but once again I'm out of Mora. I'll farm that all day tomorrow and then on Sunday try to get her talents to 1/7/7 at least. She quickly became one of my favorite characters for traversal. I'm trying to think of a good team for her and Kaz for ultimate exploration efficiency.
Maybe Hu Tao/Yelan/Kaz/Sayu?

I still haven't found a weapon that I'm in love with for Yelan. I tried Stringless, but her talents are 1/1/1 so the damage bonus isn't noticeable. I'll try it again later. I tried Favonius which helps with ER, but otherwise is a bust. Sacrificial is kinda nice because then I get 3 uses of her skill in combat, but that seems like a waste because the skill (while cool) doesn't do a ton of damage on its own and is mostly there for ER. My extra Amos bow does nothing for her. Too bad "The Bell" is a claymore instead of a bow. That'd be nice for her.

deanote666

Gold Member
I really enjoyed that new battle event. Challenging enough without being a total pain, different mechanics for party composition, the random buffs that MHY love without being overly complicated. My Shenhe/Chongus/Kaz/Kokomi freeze team really had time to shine in this one. the rewards are all blue/purple tier too, which is a nice step up from blue/green rewards that we usually get. I'll give good feedback about this one, and would like to see something like it again.

Got Yelan to 90, but once again I'm out of Mora. I'll farm that all day tomorrow and then on Sunday try to get her talents to 1/7/7 at least. She quickly became one of my favorite characters for traversal. I'm trying to think of a good team for her and Kaz for ultimate exploration efficiency.
Maybe Hu Tao/Yelan/Kaz/Sayu?

I still haven't found a weapon that I'm in love with for Yelan. I tried Stringless, but her talents are 1/1/1 so the damage bonus isn't noticeable. I'll try it again later. I tried Favonius which helps with ER, but otherwise is a bust. Sacrificial is kinda nice because then I get 3 uses of her skill in combat, but that seems like a waste because the skill (while cool) doesn't do a ton of damage on its own and is mostly there for ER. My extra Amos bow does nothing for her. Too bad "The Bell" is a claymore instead of a bow. That'd be nice for her.
Favonius is also recommended for her if you got any.

crumbs

Yes, the 4 star bow situation can be tricky and will determine your artifact setup (or vice-versa):

Favonius - This what I'm using. I think this ends up being the best 4 star since the ER is high enough that you can use an HP Sands and just get some ER from other artifact substats and artifact set bonuses. Also, I need to test, but if you crit with her breakthrough state barbed shot, that's another energy generation possibility
Sacrificial - I'd probably rank this 2nd if you have her at C0 like me. Lower than the Favonius ER substat, but it helps for ER being able to potentially get 2 skill charges. Sounds like you have Yelan at C1, so this bow would rank even lower for you. Even if someone doesn't have her at C1, her skill doesn't have that long of a CD anyway.
Stringless and Mouun - Burst bonus is nice, Yelan doesn't seem to benefit from the EM or ATK% secondary stats respectively. I don't have Mouun Moon to test, but depending on your team comp and artifact ER, I could see this being an interesting choice.
Fading Twilight - ER secondary is the same range as Sacrificial, but its high base ATK doesn't help Yelan much.

I'm nearly done building her, but I need a better EoSF headpiece to get the set bonus. Although she's similar to Xingqiu, there's enough differences to their play styles that keep her interesting. For me, I have to remember to mix in the breakthrough barbed shot and that her e-skill has a short CD. My only complaint is that I wish her burst last a bit longer, but generally glad I pulled for her.

Saber

Gold Member
Always go in expecting 75-80 pulls per 5* and you'll never be disappointed.

After the game gave me Keqing, I tried 10 pull to get either Noelle or Yanfei. They gave me Yelan, despite my pity at zero.
I feel pity for my brother really. Have no interest on Yelan.

Pejo

Gold Member
Almost 1 hour in the Yelan questline. Pejo Pejo was in the serenity teapot while I in the middle of the quest.
Yelan's story quest was almost as bad as Ayato's, IMO. More "we're just fooling you into thinking something and ACKSHUALLY it's this other thing." I dunno if MHY thinks that their fanbase likes to be treated like idiots since we're all playing a gacha game, but I very much dislike that type of storytelling.

The domain in her quest was one of the better new ones though, so it saved an otherwise awful character quest. I still think Childe, Mona, and Zhongli are the standards for good story quests. They've been going downhill for some time though.

I think I have every currently available music disk for the teapot, but it's hard to tell because after you use the item, I haven't found a way to see which ones you have vs. the ones you're missing. I haven't seen a new one in weeks of visiting 10 or so teapots per week though.

Fake

Yelan's story quest was almost as bad as Ayato's, IMO. More "we're just fooling you into thinking something and ACKSHUALLY it's this other thing." I dunno if MHY thinks that their fanbase likes to be treated like idiots since we're all playing a gacha game, but I very much dislike that type of storytelling.

The domain in her quest was one of the better new ones though, so it saved an otherwise awful character quest. I still think Childe, Mona, and Zhongli are the standards for good story quests. They've been going downhill for some time though.

I think I have every currently available music disk for the teapot, but it's hard to tell because after you use the item, I haven't found a way to see which ones you have vs. the ones you're missing. I haven't seen a new one in weeks of visiting 10 or so teapots per week though.

Her personal quest is mix bag indeed, but the itto+xiao+yelan questline is not bad overall.

Well, at least they're talking about some Harbingers. I almost forgot this is still a thing since they gave a zero fuck about Scaramouche.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
People still care about the Harbingers? The last three were such a disappointment, I don't give a damn anymore. That doesn't bode well for Yelan's quest.

Fake

Finally got Yelan. Must say she works damn fine with Xingu burst.

Using the event bow. So far so good. 2-set hydro and 2-set 20% hp

What are you guys using on her? Want to know.

Pejo

Gold Member
Finally got Yelan. Must say she works damn fine with Xingu burst.

Using the event bow. So far so good. 2-set hydro and 2-set 20% hp

What are you guys using on her? Want to know.
Severed Fate 4pc artifacts and I'm still playing around with bows. So far I think Stringless is my favorite still, and it will only get stronger as I get her talents leveled (i'm out of Mora currently). Keep in mind I have her at C2 so I get the extra elemental skill which helps with energy regeneration.

So I did the 4th stage of the new battle event, and I have to say that was probably as close to a great battle event that MHY's gotten so far. I like the fact that it's strategic about team comps and being able to save a few characters from cooldown, etc. The enemies were tough but not unbeatable or with hyper inflated HP and invulnerability phases. Just overall a well designed, fun to play event.

This was also the first time I got to really test out the freeze team I've been building and it was amazing for the part of the challenge with the water animal enemies and electro fatui. It's really strong and the CC is just incredible. (Shenhe/Chongus/Kaz/Kokomi). This was also the first time I tried out my rank 10 elemental burst Yunjin with Yoimiya. Hot damn that's some fast big damage. Absolutely melted the stage with all the mecha enemies. I am going to suggest they replace current Abyss with that new format, it's so much better and encourages different team comps, outside of the meta thinking, and fun.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I've been using Fading Twilight on Yelan. It's probably not optimal, but I just want to use my new toys. I'm often surprised by how much damage you can do with her on-field, simply triggering the burst as much as possible. It's enough for exploring the world and most domains. I like the sound her normal attacks make too, so I just want to use her as much as possible. Eventually I will transition her into off-field when I get EoSF pieces. I think Favonius might actually improve her damage more than Fading Twilight at that point. Stringless is also an option but I wonder if Favonius is better for optimization.

I think Yelan + Chongyun for freeze or Yelan + C6 Bennett for vape could be a fun alternate way to play her as on-field DPS. In those scenarios her normal attacks would be a bit more important, justifying the use of Fading Twilight on her.

Fake

You mean Yelan as a support for Chongyun? Is that case, Yelan is behaving like Xingu.

For Yelan sake, I would recommend Xingu for burst combo and Rosaria to fucking apply cryo while Yelan is duo bursting her opponnents.

But the good of Yelan is her versatility. She can be the dps or help other dps, unlike Xingu.

I still trying some really good combos. For example, Sayu ultimate with C1 plus 4-set anemo artifact, burst with Xingu C5 and next Yelan burst. You get a huge amount of Hydro resistence decrease from this combo.

I just need to adapt about her HP scale.

Fuz

Banned
Hopefully putting this in spoiler tags it will keep it from auto-playing:

Kinda funny, even if cringey, but I hate how it enables and normalizes spending and gambling attitudes.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
By the way, current rumors are that Klee's rerun will be on its own, and her banner will include Heizou. Then Yoimiya and Kazuha will be available at the same time. I'm not sure which one's first.

Fake

Definitely. More importantly, people who might want Heizou will be forced to pull on Klee's banner. Not exactly enticing.

If so is a big win for me. Yelan banner have none of the chars I play. Noele I don't play, Barbara I don't too but she already got C6 and Yanfei as well.

I can see myself trying the Klee banner if Heizou is there.

Pejo

Gold Member

Here you go Fuz Fuz , not only is Genshin promoting gambling, it's also tearing families apart. Plus Santiago is probably going to get fired for playing Genshin when he's supposed to be cleaning.

Sometimes it actually makes me uncomfortable reading this stuff.

Anyways,
dudo52i8xr391.jpg

There are your updated SFX (new on top). That'll be $35.99 +tip.

Fake

Here you go Fuz Fuz , not only is Genshin promoting gambling, it's also tearing families apart. Plus Santiago is probably going to get fired for playing Genshin when he's supposed to be cleaning.

Would be funny if someone reply with 'We're your family now.'

I remember resetera doing somethink similar like 'You can live with us'. Was super cringe.

Pejo

Gold Member
What are you guys using for your Pyro damage teams? I've tried a bunch of different team layouts and the only one I don't hate is Yoimiya/Yelan/Kaz/Yunjin. I cannot for the life of me get into using Hu Tao. I like her character, I like her design, but god damn that HP management without healing goes against everything I've ever stood for in games. Something with Diluc always causes him to lose a ton of HP too. I realize that some DoT from grass is inevitable, but even simple encounters are leaving me with like 40% HP by the end.

deanote666

Gold Member
Not sure why your Diluc hates himself but I rotate Klee, Yoimiya, and Diluc with my normal team of Zhongli, Yae, Kokomi.

Haven't built my HuTao/Xaio yet due to hp drain mechanics.

My sis is a Xaio main though, lol.

Top Bottom