• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima graphics are distracting

Vick

When SkillUp said it's the most beautiful looking game ever, i raised an eyebrow. 200+ hours in, i can definitely say that the game looks too good.
Not a meme, the game look distractingly beautiful way too often. In some instances i was so in awe it felt wrong, RDR2 and TLOU2 photorealism mixed with hyperrealism and the most insane art direction.. don't know how to exaplain, but do not play this game on a calibrated OLED or top tier Plasma if you don't want to be distracted by feeling in awe every five minutes. And even if every single element moves like a mf with wind having such a huge impact in this game, making therefore screenshots almost useless, i still wanted to stop every single minute to take a capture and i ended with just 390 photos only because i had to forcefully and painfully limit myself at a certain point, otherwise i'd be still in the first region.

98GiByl.png

TO5Bxyf.png

STPWaBJ.png

j8Jim9b.png

1x5SH4l.png

lrof5cP.png

yPjRxJN.png

RwP6ELu.png

dFeDXRY.png

IzV9Zpl.png

Y47oxo4.png

9BjqwYl.png

XvmLY3E.png

FqaO8nE.png

hMlkfWu.png

Z63CtUN.png

eDqXieL.png

r2FT28y.png

TlpvgNo.png

Rc53y1Z.png

5f9RY0n.png

afltexP.png

iK3dQEB.png

2fs1UjI.png

t5etHw5.png

D62xDoJ.png

5aphprn.png

CSxPub0.png

du2mNw9.png

HmJbvuE.png

acI7PI0.png

This is a damn action game in a huge free roam with dynamic weather and time of day and instant loading.. don't really think i can handle the next Sucker Punch game on PS5.

diffusionx

Gold Member
It's easy to see the limitations, I really wish it was on PC so you can crank up the resolution and draw distance for the grass. I feel similarly about God of War and other PS4 games.

jaysius

Banned
Playing it now, the game looks ok, some textures are pure trash and out of place. Photo mode camera settings really helps hide the ugliness.

The camera which all the sucker punch fanbois never mention is criminally bad, i haven’t played a third person action game with such a trash camera since early 2010s, it gets stuck on everything, shows you the wrong shit sometimes, completely abandons you in the heat of combat.

When talking to NPCs for sidequests they are board stiff.

The companion AI is mentally delayed.

A great deal of the “excellent combat“ is more dodging red attacks instead of being able to parry shit. Archers in the dead of night still have pinpoint accuracy.

This game is rose tinted glasses.

Fanboi hyperbole runs freer than diahrrea after drinking Mexicn tap water.

Last edited:

EDMIX

When SkillUp said it's the most beautiful looking game ever, i raised an eyebrow. 200+ hours in, i can definitely say that the game looks too good.
Not a meme, the game look distractingly beautiful way too often. In some instances i was so in awe it felt wrong, RDR2 and TLOU2 photorealism mixed with hyperrealism and the most insane art direction.. don't know how to exaplain, but do not play this game on a calibrated OLED or top tier Plasma if you don't want to be distracted by feeling in awe every five minutes. And even if every single element moves like a mf with wind having such a huge impact in this game, making therefore screenshots almost useless, i still wanted to stop every single minute to take a capture and i ended with just 390 photos only because i had to forcefully and painfully limit myself at a certain point, otherwise i'd be still in the first region.

98GiByl.png

TO5Bxyf.png

STPWaBJ.png

j8Jim9b.png

1x5SH4l.png

lrof5cP.png

yPjRxJN.png

RwP6ELu.png

dFeDXRY.png

IzV9Zpl.png

Y47oxo4.png

9BjqwYl.png

XvmLY3E.png

FqaO8nE.png

hMlkfWu.png

Z63CtUN.png

eDqXieL.png

r2FT28y.png

TlpvgNo.png

Rc53y1Z.png

5f9RY0n.png

afltexP.png

iK3dQEB.png

2fs1UjI.png

t5etHw5.png

D62xDoJ.png

5aphprn.png

CSxPub0.png

du2mNw9.png

HmJbvuE.png

acI7PI0.png

This is a damn action game in a huge free roam with dynamic weather and time of day and instant loading.. don't really think i can handle the next Sucker Punch game on PS5.

Facts. I like how this game looks better then what we "thought" Witcher 3 was originally going to look like pre-downgrade. They did wonders with this title, I'm even more hype for the sequel as they are going to melt that fucking PS5 lol

GymWolf

The artstyle is impressive but in term of raw graphics i still think that other open worlds are still better (not by a giant margin of course)

But yeah in term of art style is probably the most beatiful open world of this gen close to rdr2 for people who love more realistic stuff.

Last edited:

Vick

Playing it now, the game looks ok, some textures are pure trash and out of place.

The camera which all the sucker punch fanbois never mention is criminally bad, i haven’t played a third person action game with such a trash camera since early 2010s, it gets stuck on everything, shows you the wrong shit sometimes, completely abandons you in the heat of combat.

tenor.gif

Elog

Facts. I like how this game looks better then what we "thought" Witcher 3 was originally going to look like pre-downgrade. They did wonders with this title, I'm even more hype for the sequel as they are going to melt that fucking PS5 lol

I think it is a better version of W3 in every aspect as well to be honest - much better combat, equally good quests, and better visuals. SP really came out with guns blazing with this title.

duhmetree

What are they going to be capable of with a PS5.... OOOOOOOOOOOO lord

I haven't played this yet. Will be on the PS5 though eventually

Last edited:

GymWolf

Death Standing is an incredible looking game, I just wish it had mud runner style terrain deformation, oh well maybe the sequel/spin-off.
yep, and it's not even a question of power, rdr2 run on the same console and has extraordinary mud deformation while being the far heavier and busier open world to render.

jaysius

Banned
yep, and it's not even a question of power, rdr2 run on the same console and has extraordinary mud deformation while being the far heavier and busier open world to render.

Mud runner deformation is different it actually impacts gameplay.

Arkam

An absolutely beautiful game. I just look at the environment all the time when traveling. The art direction of the game is on point. Look forward to seeing how it is enhanced further on PS5.

I agree. This game also has better HDR than TLOU2 and especially RDR2 which has broken HDR. Walking through a Bamboo forest at sunset while directly facing the sun and only being able to see the pitch black silhouette of in is just jaw dropping.

On an HDR and Dynamic Weather side note, Days Gone has the best of both of those two things that I have personally seen this generation.

My favorite place to hangout in GoT is the dense Yew Tree forests in the game. I shot a relaxation video in one of them.

If you'd like to relax -

Last edited:

ShivinN

Gold Member
I was leery of this game when it was announced. (Wanted a new infamous game) I have to admit after playing through the whole thing it was gorgeous and a delight to play.

Vick

Beautiful game, in terms of aesthetics and story.
Actually my favourite thing in the game is by far it's combat. And would be the case even if it consisted in Water Stance: Surging Strikes only to be honest. It instantly became my favourite combo in all gaming.. feels too damn good, so good i can totally see myself booting the game twenty years from now just to perform it.

Reactions: MrS

Pedro Motta

Playing it now, the game looks ok, some textures are pure trash and out of place. Photo mode camera settings really helps hide the ugliness.

When talking to NPCs for sidequests they are board stiff.

A great deal of the “excellent combat“ is more dodging red attacks instead of being able to parry shit. Archers in the dead of night still have pinpoint accuracy.

Fanboi hyperbole runs freer than diahrrea after drinking Mexicn tap water.
WOW, you are really un unhappy man. If you need to talk about something I'm available.

GymWolf

I agree. This game also has better HDR than TLOU2 and especially RDR2 which has broken HDR. Walking through a Bamboo forest at sunset while directly facing the sun and only being able to see the pitch black silhouette of in is just jaw dropping.

On an HDR and Dynamic Weather side note, Days Gone has the best of both of those two things that I have personally seen this generation.

My favorite place to hangout in GoT is the dense Yew Tree forests in the game. I shot a relaxation video in one of them.

If you'd like to relax -

I think that days gone and gow have a better hdr than tsushima or at least on par.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's a gorgeous presentation; a lot of it is art direction and effects over crazy HQ assets to.. it's just a nice little showcase of technique.

Last edited:
Top Bottom