• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cuz the parade is cringe.

No one here has even played the game. These congratulations posts are insane to me.

I get it when Cory Balrog congratulates Niel Druckmann but for fans to do it is just creepy.

Literally two people said "congrats Sucker Punch". Why are you in a review thread waiting to pounce on people being happy that the reviews are good..? That's so much more cringey than what you're whinging about.

gTdFybB.png

Tc91HAY.jpg

Elog

Looks like a great game but a game that does not hit any of the popular notes. Comparison with Days Gone sounds very relevant.

Will get it.

Drewpee

Banned
We're out here playing good games, you out there hating on games.
What a gen.
giphy.gif

I am about to blow your mind.

People play games on different consoles. It is possible to play a game on Xbox AND a game on Playstation. I enjoy games like God of War AND Gears of War.

Sharing a dancing meme doesn't make what I said any less true.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's creepy for people to be happy a game they want to play and enjoy is getting praised by reviewers?

What on Earth is wrong with that?

Picture Justin Bieber fans "congratulating" Justin Bieber on his new album when they haven't heard it and only seen mixed reviews on it.

Or James Patterson fans "congratulating" him before the release of his next book when reviewers gave it mixed impressions.

It just. Fucking. Weird.

Oh and before you say "84 isn't mixed!!" realize that the scale for AAA games is essentially 70-100, not 0-100.

This all feels a bit too "One of us. One of us..." and like I said, I've been a PlayStation gamer for 25 years.

Fbh

Looks pretty great if a bit on the generic/derivative side as far as design goes (which I have to admit is a tad disappointing for a game they pretty much spent a whole console gen making)
Still, these open worlds are fun every now and then and I think the setting will go a long way in making me enjoy this one more than most other similar games.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can anyone recommend a good video review? I'm not watching them, just listening to them. I'm an explorer, stealth player so anything related to those would be great.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

TBH, I think with all that detail in the world, it is a bit of a travesty. My guess is, on this gen of consoles, it would have hurt performance of the game too much to have included it.

I would have probably spent way more time than I should just cutting down things in the environment.

Saruhashi

Banned
Picture Justin Bieber fans "congratulating" Justin Bieber on his new album when they haven't heard it and only seen mixed reviews on it.

Or James Patterson fans "congratulating" him before the release of his next book when reviewers gave it mixed impressions.

It just. Fucking. Weird.

Oh and before you say "84 isn't mixed!!" realize that the scale for AAA games is essentially 70-100, not 0-100.

This all feels a bit too "One of us. One of us..." and like I said, I've been a PlayStation gamer for 25 years.

Meh. Its just people excited for a new game. Is it really that weird?

The review scores are confirmation that if people liked what they saw in gameplay and trailers so far then they are going to have a great time.

This is a videogame forum after all. It would be more weird if everyone was just solemnly talking about how they are going to spend 60 bucks and play the game as dispassionately as possible.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

It just. Fucking. Weird.

On a grading scale an 84 would be an B, that's damn good

Dodkrake

Banned
Gonna quote myself from another thread:

-X feature looks ass, game will be reviewed poorly
- X feature looks ass, game will be reviewed amazingly because Sony
- Reviews are below 85, told you so
- Reviews are above 85, Sony paid reviewers
- online campaign from non-owners to review bomb the game, see, user scores matter the most and game sucks
- Rinse and repeat

whitesugar

Banned
im interested to see how these great scores affect preorders. currently #17 on the amazon us hourly list and not even in the top 100 for the overall yearly sales to date. wonder how much it will shoot up

Ellery

Looks good. Will put it on my list to look out for in the future.
Right now I can't justify the money for it, but I think playing this on the PS5 with a new HDR TV in the future might be a real possibility for me

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

It just. Fucking. Weird.

They're congratulating a team on making something that's had a great critical reception and will, inevitably, sell millions.

It's currently still in the top 25 games on Metacritic in 2020 that aren't ports, and it's only that low because of a bunch of Switch indies with a handful of reviews.

It's not had "mixed" reviews at all, it's overwhelmingly positive. You wanna see what mixed reviews look like, check out Minecraft Dungeons, Journey to the Savage Planet or Darksiders Genesis. You have an incredibly weird bee in your bonnet.

Roufianos

Shit, I knew the embargo was today but I thought this was out next week, probably had it confused with the xbox event. Time to pre-order, I was a bit down on the gameplay reveal but looks really good in the video reviews.

Top Bottom