• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier |OT| The Future Is Here... Finally

Apeopleman

This is the issue, never praise a game right after you get it, you may end up regretting it.

Word of advice, beat the SP first so you can have a grenade launcher in MP or you will be at a severe disadvantage since everyone else already has them.

After 25+ games, i have not run into a single noobtuber. What console do you play on?

I could not, for the life of me, get into even a localish game around 11.30pm in Australia last night. That was kind of annoying. I did end up laying waste to some absolutely clueless Americans with my 3 second lag, though. That was kind of amusing.

Pretty bummed about the DLC delay. Another cross on the game's seemingly very blemished record.

ASFM

Neo Member
I haven't been able to get a single match going yet in the multi.

I still don't understand how the "ghost" rating works.

The 3rd mission I'm fairly efficient and get in a few gunfights, and I got 98/100 ghost score.

The 3rd last mission I am literally Solid Snake. Not one single guard even gets a glimpse of me, and I took the better part of 2 hours crawling on my hands and knees through the entire level. Ghost score - 60/100....what?

Gamefly is sending me this. I'm pretty excited to get into it, but this thread seems to have less positive opinions about it.

If you're getting into this game for the SP, then you're probably making a mistake. It's apparently very cookie-cutter and hand-holdy.

The MP is a more subjective affair, I guess. It becomes a completely different game. If you like the way the MP plays and the core fundamentals of it, then you should like it quite a bit. It controls splendidly and the ways in which you can contribute to your team and gain XP are fun and varied.

That being said, there are the caveats of having a good connection and a GOOD TEAM. The absence of the latter can really bring shit down. Getting steam-rolled is only the tip of the iceberg when you're getting outplayed on all fronts, but hey, you could say this of any game that is heavily objective focused and quite small in scale, so you can't really knock it for that; incompetency and frustration are amplified ten-fold, is all.

I've put 30+ hours into the MP and I've loved it. All the classes are fun to use and as has been said, the Gunsmith is RADSMITH. Regardless, I await some negative impressions, Mister Negative. Don't disappoint me.

On a different note: Pyronite. DAWG. Sort out dem Engineer turrets. It's ridiculous how accurate and powerful those bastards are.

Also, can we have some tasty DLC morsels? ANYTHING?!

Apeopleman

Loving this game.

I know most will not agree, but I think this is the best tactical 3PS this gen

Balance is amazing, teamwork is essential, love the whole package and core mechanics.

Anyone on PS3 wanna play with me?

Pyronite

On a different note: Pyronite. DAWG. Sort out dem Engineer turrets. It's ridiculous how accurate and powerful those bastards are.

Not my department, but I'll let the guys know.

The only morsel I can give you is that we're working very hard on it, both the fixes and all the new content. Sometimes delays are just inevitable... especially when a DLC date is announced before shipping...

Not my department, but I'll let the guys know.

The only morsel I can give you is that we're working very hard on it, both the fixes and all the new content. Sometimes delays are just inevitable... especially when a DLC date is announced before shipping...

Worst. Morsel. Ever.

Just kidding!

I understand. As long as it's polished, I'm happy to wait.

If you're getting into this game for the SP, then you're probably making a mistake. It's apparently very cookie-cutter and hand-holdy.

The MP is a more subjective affair, I guess. It becomes a completely different game. If you like the way the MP plays and the core fundamentals of it, then you should like it quite a bit. It controls splendidly and the ways in which you can contribute to your team and gain XP are fun and varied.

That being said, there are the caveats of having a good connection and a GOOD TEAM. The absence of the latter can really bring shit down. Getting steam-rolled is only the tip of the iceberg when you're getting outplayed on all fronts, but hey, you could say this of any game that is heavily objective focused and quite small in scale, so you can't really knock it for that; incompetency and frustration are amplified ten-fold, is all.

I've put 30+ hours into the MP and I've loved it. All the classes are fun to use and as has been said, the Gunsmith is RADSMITH. Regardless, I await some negative impressions, Mister Negative. Don't disappoint me.

I'm on Gallant Thief right now, and I'm actually rather enjoying it. It's way easier than past Ghost Recon games, of course, but I've been playing it very stealthy and I'm having a good time.

The multiplayer, I haven't had much experience in. I've played a few games, but I got DESTROYED in every single one, I'm talking hundreds to single digits. I plan to give it some more time after I finish the campaign up.

I'm on Gallant Thief right now, and I'm actually rather enjoying it. It's way easier than past Ghost Recon games, of course, but I've been playing it very stealthy and I'm having a good time.

The multiplayer, I haven't had much experience in. I've played a few games, but I got DESTROYED in every single one, I'm talking hundreds to single digits. I plan to give it some more time after I finish the campaign up.

Good to hear that you're enjoying it. I was about to say a comment along the lines of, "it's good to see that the game is at least getting some recognition...", but then I realised that it's actually sold/selling quite well. It just doesn't give off that vibe, does it?

The MP gods have been kind to me recently. Great teams and great matches. SO CLOSE to that ballin' hood for the Scout.

news time

the OP has been updated

Console - July 6th Title Update

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689029-Xbox-360-July-6th-update

Ubisoft and their development studios are entirely focused on improving the game experience, supporting the title and listening to the all of your feedback.

There are multiple updates planned over the life of the game and we’re happy to announce that a new Title Update is being delivered for the Xbox 360 version of the game.

The PS3 version of the game will receive the Title Update at the latest this week (Week of July 8 - July 14)

Please insure your Xbox 360 is connected to the Internet when you launch Ghost Recon Future Soldier, a message will then pop up to inform you that a game update is available for you to download and install.

This Title Update includes some very important changes that we would like to highlight.
Except where specifically noted, changes are for both X360 and PS3.
The list of changes below is not all inclusive.

Matchmaking and Connection:

Reduction in the peak bandwidth required;
Improved tuning of host selection weighting;
Tuned the aggressiveness of bad host detection during in-progress matches;
Improved matchmaking’s ability to detect and remove stale lobbies;

Progression:

Players should no longer experience a decrease in their character's displayed level;
Fixed an issue where transmedia unlocked weapons would not appear for character slots unlocked through progression (character slots 4-6);
Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from properly receiving the “Zero-Hour” XP bonus;
Fixed an issue where some challenges were not properly being recorded as complete;

Private/System Link Kit Storage:

Player’s last used kit per character will now persist across matches and sessions;
Note that this is ONLY your last used kit per character and is shared between Private and System Link matches;

Gameplay:

Enemy Sensor Grenades detecting a player will now have an Augmented Reality HUD element;
Fixed an issue where players would not seen a hit indicator when shot by a suppressed (silenced) weapon;
Fixed an occasional issue with using resupply objectives after capture;
Added code which lets us remotely tune the number of rounds in the Siege Gametype;

Other:

Double-Time bonus no longer lost on respec - Players who had previously lost the bonus should have it restored after applying the title update;
Fix for infinite loading screen;
Fixed a couple of occasional shader and low-res texture glitches;
Fixed an issue with party leadership privileges not consistently transferring when the leader quits;
Fixed several issues with game audio corruption/dropout;
Fixed a hang/freeze on "Integrating DLC";
Fixed a couple of localization text issues;
Fixed a memory leak with Gunsmith;
Fixed a few infrequent crashes;
Fixed an exploit where players could use locked weapons/equipment in a quick match;
Fixed an exploit where players were unable to spawn, but would still gain XP;
Fixed additional progression and map exploits;

PS3 Specific:

Fixed multiple issues affecting voice chat.
Fixed an issue that would cause the PS3 jewel buttons to disappear from the firing range when using PS Move.
Fixed an issue with incorrect challenge timers.

The team is also working hard on the PC version, and a specific title update for the PC will be released early next week to fix input compatibility issues.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and see you online!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Still no PC patch to fix the game??
Come on.

Thank god ive still got Spec Ops: The Line.

EekTheKat

Someone PLEASE tell me there's a way to skip cutscenes that I just haven't figured out yet.

IIRC, you can skip the mission intro cutscenes if you replay with mission select instead of continuing through the campaign. The first time through though there doesn't seem to be a way to skip.

Can't do anything about the in-game ones though, some of them probably are there to hide loading.

What the fuck. Red Storm, that's unacceptable.
Welcome to the suck. While the game does a lot of things right it's also filled to the brim with a lot of bad decisions. I couldn't recommend co-op more though, as single player relies so much on the synch-shot system it can get pretty boring using it with cheating AI companions. Throw one or more humans into the mix and things tense up.

I'm not sure I can get through this game. So many cutscenes, so much hand holding. Lord give me strength.

It's too bad because when you're actually allowed to play the game, and not watch movies or be forced to follow directions like you're a blithering idiot, it can be pretty good.

Also, because it's bothering me, can anyone explain why all the guns in the game have circles around them?

more news

Arctic Strike DLC available on July 17th and Double XP

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/690238-Arctic-Strike-DLC-available-on-July-17th-and-Double-XP

The first downloadable content pack for Ghost Recon Future Soldier will be available on July 17th for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In anticipation of the DLC and in appreciation of our enthusiastic community, we are enabling double XP beginning today and lasting until the DLC launches on the 17th.

The Arctic Strike DLC extends your Ghost Recon Future Soldier Experience, bringing you from the streets of Moscow to the far reaches of the Arctic. It includes additional multiplayer maps, a new adversarial gametype, a new Guerrilla Mode co-op map, six additional weapons to provide for even more diversity in your arsenal, and more: see below.

Stockade, a new adversarial gametype

Stockade is an exciting and fun objective-based adversarial gametype, where the situation can be turned around in seconds.

· When players die they go to a respawn queue - the "Stockade".
· When a player gets a kill, one dead teammate gets freed from the Stockade.
· Completing an objective frees all of their teammates from the Stockade.

The overall objective in Stockade is simple: eliminate the entire enemy team before time expires. In the event of a tie, teamwork points are used to determine the winner. Stockade is playable on all 13 multiplayer maps.

3 new adversarial maps

Riot
600px_Riottcm2157780.jpg

Skyline
600px_Skylinetcm2157781.jpg

Evicted
600px_Evictedtcm2157779.jpg

A new Guerrilla map

Arctic Base
600px_Arctictcm2157778.jpg

6 new weapons

Assault Rifles

· Ghost: F2000
· Bodark: CZS805

PDRs

· Ghost: Mk17 PDW
· Bodark: OCP-11

SMGs

· Ghost: BT MP9
· Bodark: Type 05 JS

Other

· Achievements
· Level cap increase of +10

Arctic Strike DLC package will be available for purchase for 800 Microsoft points on Xbox Live or $9.99 / £7.99 on the PlayStation Network.

I'm not sure I can get through this game. So many cutscenes, so much hand holding. Lord give me strength.

It's too bad because when you're actually allowed to play the game, and not watch movies or be forced to follow directions like you're a blithering idiot, it can be pretty good.

Also, because it's bothering me, can anyone explain why all the guns in the game have circles around them?

It looks m0d3rN, yo.

I've nothing against it, really.

Anything special about the new Guerrilla War map? Or does it play like the others, ie. box yourself in one small room with a million entrances?

Oh, 800 points. Nevermind.

How is this game online on 360? I know it had problems in the beta like joining games with someone else in your party. Is it smooth now?

Axps5QlCAAEtdXq.jpg

My AI squad consists of fucking idiots. I've been waiting at the extraction point for five minutes now and I have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

So I go all the way back, and they're just hanging out.

Axpt_QTCMAAs5vh.jpg

Edit: great, now I've sheparded them all the way to the extraction point and nothing happens. Just fucking great, the mission should be over

Fucking infuriating. Had to restart the last checkpoint losing half an hour of progress since I was trying to be cautious, stealthy and deliberate before getting this glitch. This is inexcusable.

Oh yeah and I see now that the reason my squad got confused was because I backtracked the way we came- you know, the way we already knew was clear of enemies. But the guys who designed this mission scripted the dumb fucks in my squad to go another way- the way with multiple enemies in between them and the extraction point. So they were waiting patiently for me to come by and kill the guys in their way instead of having half a brain and following me the easy way out.

Guys I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. This game basically defecates in the mouth of the original game.

news time

PC - Title Update 1.3 is available

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689071-JULY-11th-Title-Update-1-3-is-available

Title Update 1.3 is available for the PC version of Ghost Recon Future Soldier - as previously stated this title update addresses input compatibility issues:

- Mouse + WASD keys not working for some configurations;
- Mouse + Xbox 360 Controller:
o No need to unplug the pad, everything will work simultaneously;
o When you connect/disconnect pad on-the-fly, the key icons will change during the next pop up (the game will display pad icons if the pad is connected).

The next Title Update (1.4) will package the last console title update and cloud update, but also other improvements including graphics, performance, stability and online. Title Update 1.4 will be available once thoroughly tested.

Thanks for your feedback!

NOTE: T.U. 1.3 has the in-game version number: 1.2.120705.

Ah so I finished the mission and now guess what? Blank screen. No sound, no picture. I can pause though. This is unbelievable. Did anyone else have these issues?

Ah so I finished the mission and now guess what? Blank screen. No sound, no picture. I can pause though. This is unbelievable. Did anyone else have these issues?
No, I did have to restart due to one ai screw up, but I think it was on the first level. There is one awful lack of check point later on. Otherwise the game was fun for a rental. Story was generic and hell, but otherwise I didn't have too many complaints.

Why do you guys play this alone? Either play it in coop or don't play it at all.
I will take your advice and not play it all.

I have some buddies with the game but getting everyone together is like herding cats, I was hoping to do a solo run first but now I'm
going to sell the game while it's still relatively new and worth something. I can't possibly be any more disappointed by this game. I did not love GRAW1&2's campaigns but the seperate co-op missions and other modes were fantastic; this game so far as I can tell has none of that appeal.

Either play it in coop or don't play it at all.
There is truth to this but it doesn't at all excuse putting out a shitty single player game.

And even when playing co-op you can still run into the same fatal AI problems if you aren't running a full team of four players, and then there is the issue of Ubisoft's server disconnections. Ubi fucked up with this one, even though I think they nailed the moving and shooting.

MORE UPDATES...

Console - July 13th Cloud Update

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/690753-July-13th-Cloud-Update

A Cloud Update will be pushed up to GRFS Clients on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 today at Noon EDT (16:00 UTC, 9:00 PDT).

Servers will be rebooted and players will need to reconnect to the service in order to receive the update. Expected duration of the downtime is less than 5 minutes.

• Increase the number of rounds in the Siege gametype (was best of 3)
o Best of 5 in Public Matchmaking and Private Matches.
o Best of 7 in Squad Matchmaking.

o Please note: This change is live but will not be reflected in the Menus until the next Title Update.
• Changed the placement of several Conflict objectives on Harbor to improve faction balance.
• Fixed several locations where players were able to get under the world on the following maps: Market, Sandstorm, Underground, and Mill

To verify that you have properly downloaded the Cloud Update, visit the Extras Menu and check the version number in the bottom right corner; it should read 1.X.4

Top Bottom