• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters III... it's REALLY happening this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
NutJobJim said:
Man I absolutely loved Ghostbusters as a kid. Turtles is coming back so why the fuck not Ghostbusters. If the original team is on board then I'm all for it!
They are too old and out of shape it will suck :(

As much as I'd like to see a Ghostbusters 3 I just can't help but feel that the time for a sequel has long passed.

Why don't they just do a television reunion special. I mean that's all Indy 4 ended up being.
I don't hate Indy 4

pitt_norton said:
Vince Vaughn can fuck off! I hope none of you are actually casting directors. I'd fire you.

So can Pitt or Norton.

Vince Vaughn would be a great addition to the Ghostbusters universe.

pitt_norton

AlternativeUlster said:
pitt_norton.jpg

Damn straight. Vaughn is shithouse poor. You guys get confused thinking he is great, when the reality is he is surrounded by actual talented actors who do his job for him.

Ronin

AlternativeUlster said:
Maybe they could do a West Coast / East Coast Ghostbusters movies. Downey leading one team and then Vaughn on the other. Maybe the movie could be where they have to go against each other somehow.
Maybe thats the worst idea ever. :(

Dolphin

Banned
If they've got the original cast, I'll watch it, buy it, worship it. Give it a great plot, something involving something historically spooky. Maybe something about someone unearthing the mass graves of one of the terrible New York Cholera epidemics--something with Mary Cecilia Roger, or something. Give it a twisting plot involving unsolved historical mysteries and link them to some creepy, creepy entity. One of the things I loved about the originals was that the ghosts were genuinely scary.

pitt_norton

AlternativeUlster said:
Maybe they could do a West Coast / East Coast Ghostbusters movies. Downey leading one team and then Vaughn on the other. Maybe the movie could be where they have to go against each other somehow.

sad_man.jpg

rudii

AlternativeUlster said:

and then the final battle could be an awesome "step up" style dance battle between the 2 crews .......

:/

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
looking at Harold Ramis makes me think of Randy Newman. Randy Newman should cover the Ghostbusters theme.

fernoca

I remember readin about the original 4 having like some..problem between them, which caused them to stop talking to each other...who knows...

Maybe they could put the original cast..like.."passing the torch" to a new group of younger characters..

Having the entire movie based around the original crew still in the business but like realizing they are too old for all that, and then setting up a new group to continue doing the job..

Making it mostly based on the originals, while may please some of the original fans..many younger people don't know who's Dan Akroyd, except that he was Adam Sandler's boss in Chuck and Larry.. :p ..if anything.

Dolphin

Banned
fernoca said:
Making it mostly based on the originals, while may please some of the original fans..many younger people don't know who's Dan Akroyd, except that he was Adam Sandler's boss in Chuck and Larry.. :p ..if anything.
Who cares? Those younger people never watched the originals then and this movie isn't for them.

fernoca

Dolphin said:
Who cares? Those younger people never watched the originals then and this movie isn't for them.
They (the studio, producers) care. :p
They would love to make money...please some of the fans (and dissapointing a lot,..as always), while giving it a reboot to a new gen..

Like the recent Indiana Jones flick..pretty much like the originals, but with a well known/young actor playing his "sidekick"; to "OMG it's Shia" people interested on it.

Dolphin

Banned
fernoca said:
They (the studio, producers) care. :p
They would love to make money...please some of the fans (and dissapointing a lot,..as always), while giving it a reboot to a new gen..
Good for them. As a fan of the original movies, I don't care. Do you? Ghostbusters was never particularly profound for its plot--the charm was in the characters. I don't care about the Ghostbusters as super heroes, I care about the characters that the original actors created. A little more of that is what's interesting to me, and it can only be invoked with the original cast. That's what it sounds like we're getting, do you have a problem with that?

fernoca

Dolphin said:
Good for them. As a fan of the original movies, I don't care. Do you? Ghostbusters was never particularly profound for its plot--the charm was in the characters. I don't care about the Ghostbusters as super heroes, I care about the characters that the original actors created. A little more of that is what's interesting to me, and it can only be invoked with the original cast. That's what it sounds like we're getting, do you have a problem with that?
Geeze..you're taking everything I've been saying out of proportion..
They have been trying to get this project up, for years..but problem between the actors (and other stuff) have prevented it..
One time, they were nealry ready..but money was a problem, they didn't knew if the (possible) high production costs would be at least obtained back..then there was talk of the CG movie, and then there was also the game. which now was delayed to 2009..

All I've been saying is that .it wouldn't surprise me if they make a few changes to it, in order to "sell it more"..because in the end, "true fans" would find any small thing to complain and hate the movie; so it's a little obvious they'll try to expand it to as much people as they can..

I'd love if it was just like the originals ..with the originals..but remember that it's the same Sony/Columbia that basically forced Raimi to shoehorn Venom in Spider-Man 3 just to sell it more.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Scarecrow said:
Am I the only one that loved Ghostbusters 2?

In a sane world, yes. The first truly awful sequel to a great original movie I ever saw. I remember being so excited about another Ghostbusters and then that piece of shit trundled across the screen. Ugh.

I can't imagine a Ghostbusters 3 would be a good idea at this point. Surely Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull taught us something. Bill Murray will probably never agree to terms, anyway.

JimiNutz

Banned
TGateKeeper said:
They are too old and out of shape it will suck :(

By original team I primarily meant the writer/director of the first two, which the article talks about. I actually really like some of the suggestions in this thread such as Downey Jr and Charlie Murphy. I think they should capitalise on the fact that they're all old and fat, have them be a disaster in the beginning and then realise they're not up to scratch and have to search/train new people to help-which could set up sequels with the new team. My bad for not making myself clear.

Scarecrow said:

nah. A lot of people love it. To me it was just painful to watch, the only moment I laughed was when Venkman held that cat at the end of his show

GreekWolf said:
I'm ashamed that I laughed at this.

don't be, its a great joke!

JimiNutz

Banned
Scarecrow said:

It was the first movie I remember seeing in theatres. I absolutely loved it but Vigo and that ghost nanny that snatched the baby shat the life out of me :lol

Anasui Kishibe said:
nah. A lot of people love it. To me it was just painful to watch, the only moment I laughed was when Venkman held that cat at the end of his show

But it's been made pretty clear that you have the worst taste and opinions of anybody on this forum. :D

AniHawk said:
Peter Venkman: Bill Murray

Ray Stantz: Dan Aykroyd

Egon Spendler: Harold Ramis

Winston Zeddmore: Ernie Hudson

There's no way Bill Murray is going to reprise his role unless he's killed of in the beginning of the film. I recall reading about it years ago when Hellbent was being written. Could that hinder the film? Who knows. I'd also love the original cast to come back, but I can see them training new GBs.

AniHawk

Jason's Ultimatum said:
There's no way Bill Murray is going to reprise his role unless he's killed of in the beginning of the film. I recall reading about it years ago when Hellbent was being written. Could that hinder the film? Who knows. I'd also love the original cast to come back, but I can see them training new GBs.

Maybe he's changed his mind on that stuff. He's done two Garfield movies.

Punchy

Banned
So have they abandoned the rumored "Hell on Earth" plot? I thought that idea had some potential. Also, the fact that they are older and fatter is perfect for a Ghostbusters movie. For one, as said before, the humor came from the characters, not the concept, so replacing them would suck. But also, their respective age and size fits well because the whole joke about Ghostbusters was that they DID suck at being Ghostbusters. They were constantly outmatched and being outwitted, and only through luck and happenstance did they win their battles.

I would argue that being outmatched and having an ego that surpasses ability was one of the highlights of Indiana Jones' character as well...until the fourth movie when he had no emotion whatsoever and did whatever the bad guys wanted and deduced things the audience had figured out nearly twenty minutes earlier and that knowledge was there gift, although they used it to kill the people that sought it in the movie and Tarzan, and ants building a stepladder of themselves??? I need to lie down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom