• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo Achieves 6 Million Players Worldwide

diffusionx

Gold Member
Tired of garbage metrics. Who started this trends of reporting meaningless trash?
Amazon, a long time ago. Somehow for a long time they manage to convince people that stuff like sales and revenue don't matter. I think people are starting to get wise to this, but it persists.

Anyway, great setting, really boring game. Disappointment.

Last edited:
The Ubisoft style map vomit was my biggest issue with the game. A bit more focused game with less busy-work would have made it more fun.

I appreciate that they added a very good free quest with the Spiders update (the whole school thing), good on them.
Yeah it was Ubi vomit and tedious. Especially the soul collectin where you have to draw the air with your fingers.

But I loved to roam on the streets of Tokyo.

Last edited:
The game works best as virtual tourism of Tokyo. I feel that the first person perspective hurt the game's playability, both in terms of combat and traversal, due to having less awareness of your surroundings. I think if they tweaked the combat more to have you do more than just mash the right shoulder button it would have gone a long way.

I liked the game, but it could have been better.

buenoblue

I keep meaning to play this. I tried an hour a while ago and the controls felt floaty as fuck, have they been changed?

foamdino

I played and finished it. Strange game where the latter part is entirely different to the first 75% of the game - feels like they were experimenting with the idea of a linear action horror game and bolted on an empty open world. 5/10 wouldn't replay but ok if you have nothing better to do (or "it's on gamepass so it's free" mentality)

Top Bottom