• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
There are like three really fun seasons of 24. It all follows the same formula though and got repetitive if you watched them all. I'd suggest just watching the good few from the early seasons. I think it was 1, 4, and 5? Maybe 1, 3, and 5. I'm pretty sure the second one was where they decided to feature his daughter on screen all the time and she got chased by an actual cougar and it was so much more boring than that sounds. It's slightly more grounded in reality than MGS, though
Jack Bauer did actually come back from death once

If you're going to watch it, watch the first season because everything's new and they at least pretend to stick to the real time concept. And watch the fifth season, because it's one of the best dumb action movies ever. Anything beyond that is a risk.

24 will absolutely ruin MGS5 for you. Kiefer Sutherland is and will only be Jack Bauer. It's a great show, though (well up to about season 5).

I think 24 was in it's prime during the latter half of Season 4, all of Season 5 and the first four or six episodes of Season 6. My problem with Season 6 was that it ran out of steam. There just was not 24 hours of gripping drama (closer to 12). It just limped on and felt forced. There's a reason 7 and 8 were huge shake-ups.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Can Jack Bauer fight giant singing tanks?

Does he get to come dressed like this?

778255_o.gif

Okay, so even later 24 seasons can be dumb fun. But also really terrible.

So it appears there is an MGS5 review event in LA.

CMyl5GPUkAAG2Sf.jpg

As far as we know, nobody from GB went?

Anonymous asked: The embargo for MGSV is August 23, will you have a review or quick look on that date?
No. We were offered a spot at their review event and turned it down. We’ve only gone to review events in cases where we knew we’d have a copy of the game to test on our own prior to the review embargo. This wasn’t one of those cases, so we passed.

OkayRene

Is it safe to listen to the Bombcast if I'm behind on Metal Gear Scanlon 4 and this apparent Peacewalker bonus episode? I'm new to the plot for both.

And seeing as how there's speculation that the reviewers at this event are getting a modified build (ex. no ending, timers removed that may be in the retail build) it's quite a good look for the guys to have not attended this thing

I mean they've only done 12 reviews this entire year so...they don't do a ton of them anyway!

Reviews are silly things anyway. I get far more useful information from podcast talk and Quick Looks.

And seeing as how there's speculation that the reviewers at this event are getting a modified build (ex. no ending, timers removed that may be in the retail build) it's quite a good look for the guys to have not attended this thing

If that's true, nobody at that event should be writing an official review based on what they play.

Kinda Funny continues to use fan money in the worst way possible. There seem to be zero benefit to them been independent, as everything they do is exactly the same as it would be if they were part of a bigger entity.

Dragon

Banned
Kinda Funny continues to use fan money in the worst way possible. There seem to be zero benefit to them been independent, as everything they do is exactly the same as it would be if they were part of a bigger entity.

I tried watching their stream the other day, it's basically just them reading articles from gamespot and kotaku on stream. I understand some people find them endearing but man, I'm pretty confused as to why people love them so much!

I tried watching their stream the other day, it's basically just them reading articles from gamespot and kotaku on stream. I understand some people find them endearing but man, I'm pretty confused as to why people love them so much!

People watch it to hear them. It's internet friend syndrome.

I have attempted to get into their stuff many times, as I think content by independent people can be great, but I cannot. They manage to do something to push me away every time I spend at least 15 minutes watching them.

Game Informer's video content is doing more to impress me nowadays.

Tubobutts

The Crusader Kings play date was almost enough to make me forget about Vinbal Space Program, but I just remembered. You can't fool me GBEAST.

Every time he talks about game design, I want to scream.

It's weird because he does a really good job explaining gameplay language in his Mega Man X video, but ever since that people have been acting like he's a know-all be-all of game design, and I find it hard to agree with half the things he says in general and holy run-on sentence.

TraBuch

Banned
What was the name of that 2D Dark Souls that GB did a video of a while ago? Really nice art, PS4, think the developers were also in the video.

FStop7

Banned
The MGS event is in Valencia? That's really funny, since Konami's office is in El Segundo. I wonder if the event was held elsewhere because of the Kojima drama.

- J - D -

So it appears there is an MGS5 review event in LA.

CMyl5GPUkAAG2Sf.jpg

As far as we know, nobody from GB went?

I can't believe review events are still happening. I see Greg Miller in that pic so apparently these things haven't entirely transitioned into only having popular Youtubers with questionable scruples.

- J - D -

Kinda Funny folks are basically popular YouTubers now.

Yeah okay, that's true.

Not sure if the difference between "Twitchers" and Youtubers is really worth any sort of distinction.

EDIT: What he said ^^

I just think popular gaming youtubers are thought of more disdainfully than Twitch streamers, but that's probably due to size of the community and visibility than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom