• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

That's interesting to see Danny and Drew posting all those pictures from Austin. I lived there for 6 years but didn't go to the Race Track at all after it opened

FStop7

Banned
Cveb-lYWAAA0ZhS.jpg

Harpuia

Good god did Mario Party 7 just suddenly decided to conspire against everyone and
give Dan like 7 stars in the span of 10 turns. He went from being tied with Jeff at 5 stars to having 13 stars

This one was maybe the one MP game I would say I enjoy too. I think it was my first. I was hoping they would play the Mountain board because that one I feel is genuinely fun and probably the chaos that they were looking for.

Is MP8 a traditional mario party or is this when they start dropping much of the traditional game concepts?

Tagyhag

Mario Party 8 is the last traditional Mario Party.

Yep, and it's a shame that someone already fucked up gimmick maps for them with Mario Party 6 because 8 has the best gimmick map in the series with the Fortune Street map. Would have been a nice blast from the past but now I don't blame them at all for probably choosing the traditional DK map.

BTW, enjoy this the next Mario Party Party folks because if you thought 6 was a slog, wait until you see what they do in 9 and 10.

Yep, and it's a shame that someone already fucked up gimmick maps for them with Mario Party 6 because 8 has the best gimmick map in the series with the Fortune Street map. Would have been a nice blast from the past but now I don't blame them at all for probably choosing the traditional DK map.

BTW, enjoy this the next Mario Party Party folks because if you thought 6 was a slog, wait until you see what they do in 9 and 10.
At least with 10 the match last like 30mins and you don't wind up playing shitty mini games every turn. It's still shitty and even more boring than past Mario Parties but at least it's short. :p

Strax

I wouldn't call the DK map in Mario Party 8 traditional, even tho its the only map (as far as I know) that has buy stars for 20 coins stuff in it. Its gonna be a whole lot of "Where the fuck am I going?"

Mr. F

Banned

Whaa, I thought sticking everyone in the car and shared movement was supposed to de-slog the pace. Damn.

Other possible "Dan" films...

Lhhl0hD.png
Kingsman_The_Secret_Service_poster.jpg

Kingsman seem borderline something he may enjoy but also a film could hate. Might be too stylish. The Equalizer is a probably a more Dan kinda film, opposite of Kingsman's action, but might be too far in the other direction.

John Wick really was a perfect mix of both

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kingsman was another movie gaf hyped up that I thought was really lame. Especially considering one of Jackie Chan's old stunt directors was on it.

SomberOwl

Do you guys really want to hear more extensive rants about how good X action movie is that mot people have seen by that point and already know is really good (Heat, John Wick)

Watching them build this PC is pretty entertaining. I'm only about 2 hours in, but Jeff not running the 24 pin cable through the back on the case is triggering me

Phediuk

I just checked out the Mario Party 7 video.

Why the fuck is there a loud, grating 30-second accordion loop playing for the entire time in a game that takes literally hours to finish?

I don't get these games.

Zoggy

i haven't listened to any podcasts or watched much GB in the past 2 months, but has anyone commented on the election at all?

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, just wondered if they have said anything about it?

vinny sometimes throws a nugget in there sometimes.

|XXV| I Keep my Rec Room Hand Strong (It has been a while since but still good)
|XXV| Not 24 threads ago.
|XXV| WHAT'S GROOVIN' BRO

i haven't listened to any podcasts or watched much GB in the past 2 months, but has anyone commented on the election at all?

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, just wondered if they have said anything about it?

their twitters are full of stuff if you want to read stuff about, brad likes to keep the pod political talk free
jeff listened to the debate while driving home (save as)

The most the touched on it was when talking about the Paulmer Luckey stuff and even then they tried to keep it about Paulmer.

hamchan

I think they just throw in some light, subtle digs here and there but nothing notable. It's pretty obvious which way they're gonna vote anyways.

I think they just throw in some light, subtle digs here and there but nothing notable. It's pretty obvious which way they're gonna vote anyways.

Yep. Super obvious. Jeff owned a small business, Dan's from the Bible Belt, Brad's from the South, Jason has an anime avatar, and Drew loves NASCAR.

Harpuia

The recent Mario Party Party had a couple of references to more recent Trump quotes, and Jeff talking about mailing in his vote already.

Top Bottom