• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #24 | In the beginning...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Figured if s/o on GAF knows it's probably in here:

I usually tether my phone to my car radio. Can I then use mixlr while listening to Googy Play Music, Spotify and so on? Or would it somehow cancel the music since it's recording?

Yeah, I was thinking about building a pc for the first time, but after seeing three experienced dudes having some difficulty and the major cost involved ( planning on spending around £1500) , I'll pay a little extra for a sit to build it for me. I can always learn by upgrading individual parts afterwards.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking about building a pc for the first time, but after seeing three experienced dudes having some difficulty and the major cost involved ( planning on spending around £1500) , I'll pay a little extra for a sit to build it for me. I can always learn by upgrading individual parts afterwards.

It's really not all that difficult as most stuff is super easy to set up and most manuals are detailed enough to avoid any kind of heartache. There's also a wealth of youtube vids and online manuals in case you get stuck on something. Also, as has been mentioned in here before, the cooler Jeff got is a bit much for most PC users unless you plan on OC'ing your system.

oti

Banned

I like how Jeff used "but it's so easy to build a PC" as an argument against the PS4 Pro's appeal and then bam. 😄

Is his PC ready now? What game do people usually play first with a new build? Half-Life 2? The new DOOM?

I got my stationary bike and I thought I would be watching Shemnue while riding it every morning but that's just too slow. Instead I'm playing some Overwatch, I watch some tennis and TV shows.

Joeku

Is there going to be a Waypoint community topic? They're streaming right now and Austin, Danielle, and that other lady were all just really enjoying shooting up a bunch of KKK guys. It's pretty good so far.

Robaperas

2895455-4133232937-Sega-.jpg

The Jeff Gerstmann Home Game!
Live Show on Oct 24, 2016 07:00 PM (1,5 hours from now)

jaina

I like how Jeff used "but it's so easy to build a PC" as an argument against the PS4 Pro's appeal and then bam. ��

Is his PC ready now? What game do people usually play first with a new build? Half-Life 2? The new DOOM?

I got my stationary bike and I thought I would be watching Shemnue while riding it every morning but that's just too slow. Instead I'm playing some Overwatch, I watch some tennis and TV shows.
correct.

Btw, Noclip O'Dwyer's O'carina of Time videos are on a even slower pace than the Shenmue ER :D

justjim89

Jeff just built a brand new PC, watch his stream just be playing old games on emulators. One of the first things I played on my new PC I built this summer was Morrowind with MGSO running on full just to see how it ran.

jaina

Jeff just built a brand new PC, watch his stream just be playing old games on emulators. One of the first things I played on my new PC I built this summer was Morrowind with MGSO running on full just to see how it ran.
Morrowind with Metal Gear Solid Online being emulated in the background? That's a novel idea of a stress test.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff plays nothing from this century on the stream :) But the stream might also be a test.

I had the realisation that I will have a new PC in about 2 weeks but no "new" games to play on it.

I get Skyrim Remastered for free I guess?

jbug617

Banned

I think he played Doom. He also tested Forza Horizon 3 to see if he could get locked 60fps.

Top Bottom