• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 4 - KeSPA Strikes Back

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
62655.jpg

GomTV Link
Liquidpedia Link

KeSPA Pros Join GSL starting NOW!
Dear GOMTV.net users,

This is Mr. Chae.

Many things have happened over the last week and I believe many overseas fans have been following the news regarding the current situation in Korean e-Sports. We have been looking over the comments on various community sites regarding this incident and were very moved by the many fans who left encouraging messages for GOMTV on Twitter and community boards. We promise to repay your kindness with great content.

GSL Season 4 will begin today with the Up&Down matches. We hope all of you are looking forward to a series of exciting matches that will determine who will participate in this season’s Code S tournament.

In contrast to the unfortunate news we had to announce last week, we are happy that today we will be able to greet you with some good news.

The Korean e-Sports association (KeSPA) has decided to participate in the GSL Season 4 Code A qualifiers and we have already received the list of participants.

Because of this, there will be an adjustment to the schedule for the GSL Season 4 Code A qualifiers:
  • Old date: September 5th/6th -> New date: September 12th/13th

Additionally, we are currently in discussion regarding Code A and Code S seeds for KeSPA players. GOMTV is planning to provide 2 Code S seeds as well as 4 Code A seeds for players of the Korean e-Sports association. We will update you with the list of seeded players as soon as they are confirmed.

We have some additional news regarding the Up&Down matches. Because of a severe typhoon warning, the return of the Korean players who were attending MLG will be delayed. It is possible that we will have to adjust the schedule for the Up&Down matches on short notice, due to some players not being able to attend because of this natural disaster. We are currently in contact with the players in the US and will revise the schedule accordingly, if needed.

Many things have happened over the last week. We would like to once again thank all e-Sports fans for their tremendous support and words of encouragement for GOMTV.

This is the beginning. We will strive to provide all of you with the best content possible. See you at the GSL.

Thank you.
GAF Thread Regarding this issue

Schedule
GSL Season 4 will run from August 27th to October 20th
  • Up&Downs starts from August 27th
  • Code S starts from September 3rd
  • Code A starts from September 18th

Season Schedule
63301.png

Up and Down Schedule
2012gsls4matches.png

Players

Up and Down
278uQ.png

Code A
  • Players seeding into Code A via Up and Down matches and Invitational Seeds
Code S
MGQ2w.png

• Additional Players join Code S via Up and Down Matches and Invitational Seeds

KeSPA Invitational Seeds
  • The 2 KeSPA Code S seeds are: SKT_Rain (P) and 8thTeam_Jaedong (Z)
  • The 4 KeSPA Code A seeds are: STX_Trap (P), CJ_EffOrt (Z), SAMSUNG_RorO (Z), Woongjin_sOs (P)

Format
iddMdyhT1ES5a.jpg

Prize Pool
26WJz.png

Map Pool
¿Que?

*Broadcast Schedule (Click for GOMTV's current schedule):
Click Me

*Stream:
GOMTV GSL 2012 Season 4 Live Link
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : Resolution: 512x288
Premium
SQ : 450Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 640x360 / Minimum bandwidth required: 550Kbps
HQ : 900Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 960x540 / Minimum bandwidth required:1000Kbps

Buy the Premium Service

Permanent access to all the match VODs provided in Global StarCraft II League 2012 Season 3.

PZ2qK.gif

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Where is Boxer ;______;

Mairu

Pretty exciting that the first foreigner to play this season advanced from Up/Down to Code S. It'd be funny if he got placed in a group with a Kespa player and won :p

Zzoram

I am actually super excited to see KeSPA players play.

Hopefully everyone in GSL 2012 S4 and OS2L have epic ceremonies:

ganzi.gif

Miker

Oh snap! I might have to buy another season pass. Does anybody know if there are coupon codes floating around? I remember when I subbed for a season a few months ago, they gave me a coupon to apply to a new season, so I ended up subbing for two seasons for $25.

So can someone explain this to someone that has never bought a pass?

Do these never end up on youtube? Are they delayed? I assume the VOD option is for the fact that I can't watch these games @ 4am EST.

What's the best option for a noob like me that just wants his SC2 fix. Also how long does the GSL season last?

Mairu

So can someone explain this to someone that has never bought a pass?

Do these never end up on youtube? Are they delayed? I assume the VOD option is for the fact that I can't watch these games @ 4am EST.

What's the best option for a noob like me that just wants his SC2 fix. Also how long does the GSL season last?

They never end up on youtube, and they usually don't go free at all on their website until after an entire year. GSL seasons last like a month and a half now I think

GSL Season 4 08.27(Mon) ~ 10.20(Sat)

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Looking forward to this season. I wonder if it there will be another PvP finals this season.

Is there going to be a thread for the OSL?

I'm dying to know who the KeSPA seeds will be.

Just buy the season ticket. It's like $15 for 2 months' worth. And you're supporting the GSL.

I never pay for any other SC2 content (MLG, etc.) but I always pay for GSL.

calder

Oh man I kinda want to get back into GSL, I've really enjoyed watching the youtube VODs of the WCS stuff, but since January I just haven't been able to pay $ for GOM's worst-in-class stream quality. :\

Maybe a season ticket, dip my toe back in.

TheD

The Detective
Can someone tell me why the hell the HQ stream is not at least 720P?

It is the least you would expect for paying to watch.

Jezbollah

Gah. I'm at a customer site today and the VODs for yesterday's Up & Down matches are still not appearing on the IOS app. :(

Also - I arrived too late to catch any of Fruitdealer's games. I feel that I'm missing a LOT of SC2's early history because of this...

Aaron

Early seasons should be free now. Worth watching if you missed them because boy were things different then.

Jezbollah

Cheers. I tried looking for the Open Seasons but couldnt find them (I have an annual premium pass). I may fire off an email to them to ask about it. Ta.

Aaron

I checked the free stream just to remind myself how it looked... wow, that's shit. GOM should do a little better for the freeloaders.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I checked the free stream just to remind myself how it looked... wow, that's shit. GOM should do a little better for the freeloaders.

I think GOM figures that if you want to be able to even see the numbers clearly you will have to pay for that privledge :p

SxP

I tried to watch the free stream today as well and some roaches and mutas were going to attack a thor, some tanks and some marines on creep. It was literally just a blur, you couldn't see a thing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Top Bottom