• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 4 - KeSPA Strikes Back

Jezbollah

I believe stephano has said he won't do gsl since its too much of a time commitment.

I've seen a couple of interviews where he's been 50/50 about doing the GSL. Him going to train with TSL and getting his first true taste of Korean life is a good sign though.

I know that if I was EG and had just signed him, I'd be expecting him to do GSL.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Code S seeds: (Z)Jaedong, (P)Sun

Code A seeds: (P)Trap, (Z)EffOrt, (Z)RorO, (P)sHy

Going off the WCS performances alone I think that RorO should have gotten the code S spot over Jaedong. That is not to say that Jaedong will be bad, just that I thought that RorO has been playing better lately.

Aaron

Going off the WCS performances alone I think that RorO should have gotten the code S spot over Jaedong. That is not to say that Jaedong will be bad, just that I thought that RorO has been playing better lately.
RorO won't have any trouble getting into Code S on his own. Jaedong could use the boost.

Vaporak

A Terran winning with siege tanks in TvP??? But all the terran players told me tanks are bad! Just like Ravens are totally useless...

bbyybb

RorO won't have any trouble getting into Code S on his own. Jaedong could use the boost.

I don't think that Code S should be given to a player as a boost rather on performance but then again GOM has given Code S spots before for what sometimes feels like media attention.

Jaedong being in Code S would definitely garner more attention than just RorO and that is probably a good thing for SC2 in Korea.

Vaporak

I don't think that Code S should be given to a player as a boost rather on performance but then again GOM has given Code S spots before for what sometimes feels like media attention.

Jaedong being in Code S would definitely garner more attention than just RorO and that is probably a good thing for SC2 in Korea.

The Code S seeds are definitely more for the ratings than as a reward for good performance.

eot

Banned

It's based on their performance in proleague I think

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LETS GO KESPELEPHANTS

BW TRUESKILL FIGHTING
A Terran winning with siege tanks in TvP??? But all the terran players told me tanks are bad! Just like Ravens are totally useless...
lol Tanks are amazing.

What game was this?

bbyybb

Nice comeback from Supernova.

Close tiebreaker so far.

Edit: I forgot that if this continues on (Supernova loses the next game) Creator legally cannot player after 12 AM if it goes that long.

Mairu

The Code S seeds are definitely more for the ratings than as a reward for good performance.

they are based off proleague rankings

Proleague Ranking
Code S:
1 By.Sun aka Rain - 13-6, 7 ace match wins = 495
2 Jaedong - 10-9, 6 ace match wins = 390
Code A:
3 Trap - 11-4, 3 ace match wins = 375
4 RorO - 9-6, 3 ace match wins = 315
4 EffOrt - 9-8, 3 ace match wins = 315
6 sHy aka sOs - 9-2 = 270

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Todays a long day! starting in 30mins.

[Up/Down] Group E 2012 GSL Season 4 - 30 MINS FROM POST
AZUBU.viOLet
FnaticRC Oz
SlayerS`Ryung
ST_Life
Quantic.TheStC

[Up/Down] Group C 2012 GSL Season 4 5.5 hours from post
ST_SuHoSin
FnaticRC aLive
MaruPrime
Liquid`HerO
TSL_Shine

updated OP for new seeding and schedule.

bbyybb

Won't be able to catch the Group E, I like many of the players so it would be a tough pick.

Mairu

Todays a long day! starting in 30mins.

[Up/Down] Group E 2012 GSL Season 4 - 30 MINS FROM POST
AZUBU.viOLet
FnaticRC Oz
SlayerS`Ryung
ST_Life
Quantic.TheStC

[Up/Down] Group C 2012 GSL Season 4 5.5 hours from post
ST_SuHoSin
FnaticRC aLive
MaruPrime
Liquid`HerO
TSL_Shine

updated OP for new seeding and schedule.

Pretty sure viOlet is in Texas

Aaron

Expect Ryung to win first game in spectacular fashion, and bungle the games after as usual.

Edit: Forget that, Ryung bungles the first game.
Edit2: Or not.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Such a weird game...
4 people only :( Such a small group

edit

Sometimes I think I could be alot more productive in my time...
kmnS3.jpg

Aaron

Next round starting, but with this list of players... meh.

Both ST players drinking Redbull. Way to be a slave to your sponsors.

... now I want a Redbull.

bbyybb

Yeah I seen these earlier, Group E looks like a real group of death.

Going to be tough for MaNa.

Haunted

Yeah I seen these earlier, Group E looks like a real group of death.

Going to be tough for MaNa.
Karma, man. He had the perfect outcome and some luck in his up & downs, and he's paying for it now. :p That is a sick group of death right there.

Aaron

Karma, man. He had the perfect outcome and some luck in his up & downs, and he's paying for it now. :p That is a sick group of death right there.
Having the 2, maybe 3, best terrans in the world in your group if a fml moment. While Naniwa has a group he could sleep through.

Haunted

Having the 2, maybe 3, best terrans in the world in your group if a fml moment. While Naniwa has a group he could sleep through.
That said, Mana's best matchup is PvT and he will train it like his life depends on it. He's still the clear underdog expected to go out 0-2, obviously.

Not sure what to think of Naniwa's group, tbh.

Mairu

That said, Mana's best matchup is PvT and he will train it like his life depends on it. He's still the clear underdog expected to go out 0-2, obviously.

Not sure what to think of Naniwa's group, tbh.

He can probably beat MMA, Mvp or Taeja though... good luck to Mana. That group & Group C are ridiculous

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Hope a Startale player can take it this season.
suhosin is a lock. that "i've gotta take my dog to the vet to be put down after this" look he carries is just sympathy for the faces he's going to break with his metagame destroying builds.

jorma

is now taking requests
heh oh wow mana, funny thing is that he probably wished for an all terran group, he got everything he dreamed of! :p

Jezbollah

My work really shouldn't book me in to work from home with the expectation of me actually doing work on the first day of Code S...

bbyybb

Baneling drops into Hydra drops? hmmm

edit: why didn't he just drop into the natural and snipe the Nexus...

He did the worst possible execution of that strategy. As he flew over the expansion I was thinking, surely he wont try and go into the main with the group of stalkers. It wasn't good to watch.

Top Bottom