• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II Team League 2012 (GSTL) Season 3 - The Emperor Is Gone

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

GomTV Page

Liquidpedia Page

Casters
Wolf "Wolf" Schröder and Thomas "Khaldor" Kilian.

Format:
Round 1 (Preliminaries)
- Best of 9
- 3 participating teams: NSH, LG-IM, FnaticRC (the top 6 teams of 2012 GSTL Season 2 are seeded into Round 2)
- Round robin style: All teams will play each other and only 2 will advance

Round 2 (Pennant Race)
- Best of 9
- 8 participating teams: FXOpen, TSL, Prime, SlayerS, StarTale, MVP + (2 teams from Round 1)
- 2 groups with 4 teams each. Dual Tournament format, 2 teams advance, 2 teams are eliminated.
(Same system as Code S Ro32, Ro16)

Round 3 (Playoffs)
- Best of 9
- Semi-Finals: Group A 1st vs Group B 2nd, Group A 2nd vs Group B 1st
- Grand Finals

Teams:
63948.png

Schedule: (September 7th - November 24th)
63949.png

Map Pool:
• ESV Muspelheim
• GSL Whirlwind
• GSL Ohana
• GSL Cloud Kingdom
• GSL Entombed Valley
• GSL Antiga Shipyard
• GSL Daybreak
• GSL Abyssal City - NEW MAP
• GSL Grand Lagoon - NEW MAP

VODs
Require Premium Pass

Stream Live Link: http://www.gomtv.net/live/
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : Resolution: 512x288
Premium
SQ : 450Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 640x360 / Minimum bandwidth required: 550Kbps
HQ : 900Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 960x540 / Minimum bandwidth required:1000Kbps

Buy the Premium Service

Permanent access to all the match VODs provided in 2012 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 3.
Additional access to services such as HQ Live Stream, Live Chat etc.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
loading it up! finally gicing breaking bad season 2 a go tho so will just have it on in the background

gooooo IM

HolyCheck

i hope nshoseo win the season :(

but i also want IM to do well because theyre the only team with a good sponsor and i want the sponsors to be happy :(

but maybe if nshoseo win theyll get a sponsor :(

Mairu

Didn't realize this started last night (not that I would've been able to watch anyways)

Match any good? I haven't bought the TL ticket yet, debating whether I should...

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Well LG-IM vs Fnatic starts in in less than 15 minutes.

gmqOV.jpg

I need to catch up with yesterdays games as I was unable to. Seed and First did well for IM yesterday. I hope we have another reasonably close series.

bbyybb

Well my hope for a close series did not materialise, but well played from YongHwa.

Sblargh

Banned
Im thinking just a general GSL thread but dunno. The reason why we have separate threads was because everyone was complaining about spoilers in other threads.

Is that there is so much going on. WCS, WCG, OSL, IGN Pro League, NASL and I'm sure more stuff that I don't know because I'm not even that into the scene.

GSL still looks like the most important tournment, but there's always something happening and I think it would be nice to have one hub to not only talk about them, but also gets a heads up when they are going on via thread bump.

Tho I get the spoiler issue.

Corran Horn

That was one interesting build...lol

Is that there is so much going on. WCS, WCG, OSL, IGN Pro League, NASL and I'm sure more stuff that I don't know because I'm not even that into the scene.

GSL still looks like the most important tournment, but there's always something happening and I think it would be nice to have one hub to not only talk about them, but also gets a heads up when they are going on via thread bump.

Tho I get the spoiler issue.

Shrug Im all open to ideas. SC2 OT use to be the thread for all SC2 info but due to spoilers we started making separate threads for each tournament unless it was smaller and we just talked on SC2 thread. I usually try to bump threads but due to work I cant be up late that much anymore. Not sure how FGC does it so maybe Ill check it out but maybe we can make a catch all sc2 esports thread now since the gaf community shrunk alot the last few months. Easiest way to get info on next tournament is TL calendar though. Thats basically what I go off even with gaf threads.

Sblargh

Banned
Thanks for the tip about the TL calendar. Helps me feel a bit less overwhelmed by everything that goes on SC2-related. :p

I think a general GSL thread (with possibly a separate thread for the finals) is a good idea, a general SC2 thread for all tournaments ? I don't know if that would be good since the OT already covers that, won't mind either way really.

I think a general GSL thread (with possibly a separate thread for the finals) is a good idea, a general SC2 thread for all tournaments ? I don't know if that would be good since the OT already covers that, won't mind either way really.

OT doesn't cover it at all. You can't discuss any tournament in there because of spoilers (having to spoiler tag everything sucks) and it gets no attention from anyone except the regular SC2 crowd (most of whom don't really watch all that much anymore). It simply isn't a good place to discuss SC2 tournaments at all.

I think a general GSL thread is needed, a seperate GSTL thread is just overkill. In general i think MLG, IPL and the big foreign tournaments may as well have their own threads. They don't come around very often so the threads are only active when a tournament is on. They also attract enough attention that they probably need their own thread and would get messy in a mega thread.

I think the way we do things now is fine except GSL needs to be one big thread. I wouldn't care if we had a big thread for everything else or one big tournament thread but i'm not sure it's necessary.

Corran Horn

Ill see what I can do about making a General GSL Thread. But I will probably wait until after next GSL season because then both GSL and GSTL should be sync'ed up (Both end in November I believe) or after current GSL season and just merge current GSTL thread with it.

OT doesn't cover it at all. You can't discuss any tournament in there because of spoilers (having to spoiler tag everything sucks) and it gets no attention from anyone except the regular SC2 crowd (most of whom don't really watch all that much anymore). It simply isn't a good place to discuss SC2 tournaments at all.

I think a general GSL thread is needed, a seperate GSTL thread is just overkill. In general i think MLG, IPL and the big foreign tournaments may as well have their own threads. They don't come around very often so the threads are only active when a tournament is on. They also attract enough attention that they probably need their own thread and would get messy in a mega thread.

I think the way we do things now is fine except GSL needs to be one big thread. I wouldn't care if we had a big thread for everything else or one big tournament thread but i'm not sure it's necessary.

Does anyone really care about ipl team league spoilers ?

The IPLs and IEMs would have to have their own threads because they cover more than SC2 and I'm pretty sure lolgaf and fighting gaf would like to talk about the games.

Corran Horn

Slayers vs LG-IM + SK
starts in 1hour

Starters
Dark(Z) - [Daybreak] - MC(P)

MC starting for IM...jesus that team is so stacked lol. Slayers shouldnt have Puzzle too since he recently pulled out of all tournaments due to illness.

bbyybb

Slayers vs LG-IM + SK
starts in 1hour

Starters
Dark(Z) - [Daybreak] - MC(P)

MC starting for IM...jesus that team is so stacked lol. Slayers shouldnt have Puzzle too since he recently pulled out of all tournaments due to illness.

Yeah Puzzle not being available is a big loss for Slayers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This woman is so good looking.

Mairu

SlayerS used to be my favorite team, but it's been awhile since I could call them that. I barely even recognize most of the team. Go IM!

Corran Horn

Go slayers. Coca isnt even there too? Jesus -.-''''

SlayerS used to be my favorite team, but it's been awhile since I could call them that. I barely even recognize most of the team. Go IM!

Your just a fan because you need to use your shirt!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the heck happened to Wolfs hair?

Yoshichan

MMA :D! Go go!

Corran Horn

Them putting MMA out now just makes me sad. I miss when he was the final boss of Slayers and always won :/

Ahh 2011...

Yoshichan

Come the fuck on. MMA played better... I guess in the end, whenever protoss decides to say "fuck this", they just win.

HolyCheck

Current season gsl / gstl thread
Sc2 monthly esport thread with an overview of important events (a good place to read / talk about performances of players such as random euro tournies to hear about form and random one off games.
Threads for ipl/nasl/dreamhack/mlg weekend events?

Top Bottom