• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GMTK - Designer Shows How a Level is Made - The Last of Us Part II

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Yeah I watched that, incredible attention to detail and just shows the sheer amount of planning and work that goes into these things

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Interesting that they initially wanted Ellie to comfort Joel. In the end, Ellie just stared at the logo and said nothing as Joel tried to draw her attention away from it. I think that was the better narrative choice.

kyliethicc

Yeah I watched that, incredible attention to detail and just shows the sheer amount of planning and work that goes into these things
Yeah I like seeing the B roll and behind the scenes stuff.

Wish more game devs could show more of their work process.

Interesting that they initially wanted Ellie to comfort Joel. In the end, Ellie just stared at the logo and said nothing as Joel tried to draw her attention away from it. I think that was the better narrative choice.
Because she confronts him the next year. The ending of the prologue and museum scenes both show Ellie still doesn't believe Joel and has questions about the hospital. Then the pay offs come later in the next 2 flashbacks during day 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom