• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go Vacation (Wii) Official Thread: It only does everything

Tell ya one thing, apparently the director (well the team in fact) is the Ridge Racer folks, and IIRC, Namco told the director to make a RR for Wii, and instead he was like "nah, I want to do something different".

Even in light of the results, that still makes me sad that we were so close to a Ridge Racer for Wii. :'(

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Funny seeing this thread bumped. Back in the day before I was too active on GAF, I made the OT for this game on another forum. The responses were pretty similar to those here, namely "this looks more fun than it should" :D

I remember BN saying they wanted to do a sequel on Wii U and the game did really well IIRC on Wii in Japan. Not to mention they are actually willing to make Wii U exclusives (Taiko) so I don't know what they're waiting for!

Maybe they're working on it as we speak. Nintendo and Namco are awfully close this gen..

Great article, worth it for the bump.

Similarly, dozens of wii games could have write-ups made about them like this. So many overlooked gems.
One could really make a decent list of overlooked games that deserve to be tweaked and re released in HD on Wii U.
Go Vacation, Zack & Wiki, Pandora's Tower, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Elebits, etc..
Maybe it'll happen on Nintendo's next console..

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Iwata Asks Go Vacation!.
Just finished, what a great read!
Iwata is beaming with respect for the developers at NB

cacildo

Good game! IIRC the framerate was a littke unsteady when playing multiplayer?

A wiiu version would be nice... no more splitscreen

Top Bottom