• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall First Boss Fight, PS5 NXGen Gameplay, Dual-swords, 4K Footage. FIRE!!!!!!!!

Kuranghi

Graphics are nice enough but I don't even play soulslikes (probably an insulting comparison) and the boss looks so slow. It looks like its at 50% speed or something.

edit - A few people have said its a tutorial boss, so its to ease you in.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Nice next gen gameplay. Is it 4k 60fps?

A PSA for non-technical people wanting to check if a game is really running at 60fps and can't tell by eye:

Download this (or any style editor that supports .js): https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=tampermonkey

Then get this "force 30 fps for youtube" script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23329-disable-youtube-60-fps-force-30-fps

Then watch the video at the default 60fps, note the motion and stutter when the camera pans. Then activate the script and reload the page, youtube will now believe you can only support 30 fps and hide the 4K60 option and present a 4K30 version instead.

Watch the 30 fps version and you should be able to tell right away if its truly 60 fps.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Only thing that makes me hesitate is the 80 euro price.... I could probably wait a few weeks and get cheaper. But Maybe I'd miss all the excitement....

This is my thinking as well. I'm also wondering if it'll be coming sooner rather than later on PS Plus, there won't be too much of a selection for the first few months if they're giving PS5 games.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Only thing that makes me hesitate is the 80 euro price.... I could probably wait a few weeks and get cheaper. But Maybe I'd miss all the excitement....
I just wish games had demos these days, would love to see what combat actually felt like before parting with my £70, as everything else looks and seems great.

I do reckon this could come to Plus by Jan.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
This is my thinking as well. I'm also wondering if it'll be coming sooner rather than later on PS Plus, there won't be too much of a selection for the first few months if they're giving PS5 games.
Based on the PS4, I'm thinking it will be a long time till this hits PS+... I don't think KillZone SF ever went there.
Not quite sure what to do yet, I see if I can get it for 70 or less and if not, I might hold off for a sale. I'd be fine with 50 a few weeks after.

GreyHand23

Graphics are nice enough but I don't even play soulslikes (probably an insulting comparison) and the boss looks so slow. It looks like its at 50% speed or something.

The first mission is a tutorial. The boss moves slow so people can beat it while they are still learning the game. The guy playing is decent at games, but all of the other streamers died repeatedly to this easy boss so clearly they made the right decision to ease people into the game. Fromsoftware doesn't give a fuck. It starts out hard and it never lets up. I'm glad they didn't make the same decision here.

DonJorginho

Banned
Based on the PS4, I'm thinking it will be a long time till this hits PS+... I don't think KillZone SF ever went there.
Not quite sure what to do yet, I see if I can get it for 70 or less and if not, I might hold off for a sale. I'd be fine with 50 a few weeks after.
Could be a great game to pick up during Winter sales and new year sales imo. Playerbase will grow by then too with a influx of Christmas gamers.

The first mission is a tutorial. The boss moves slow so people can beat it while they are still learning the game. The guy playing is decent at games, but all of the other streamers died repeatedly to this easy boss so clearly they made the right decision to ease people into the game. Fromsoftware doesn't give a fuck. It starts out hard and it never lets up. I'm glad they didn't make the same decision here.

Yes. I like the variety in the fight though. It's gonna play somewhat different with different weapons. The dual-sword build was picture perfect for eating into that boss shield.

Last edited:
So far this game looks like you`d just run from arena to arena and fight enemies for lootdrops that barely make any visual difference to your character.
Extremly linear and limited level design, too.
I don`t know if a game like this can be fun for more than a few hours, it gives off Anthem vibes for me.

Last edited:

GreyHand23

At 16:21, the player goes to a different area and it looks much more open with objectives. The colors are quite gorgeous there. I think they are really leaning into color to make the different realms pop more. They still haven't shown any co-op footage or endgame stuff so looking forward to seeing some of that before release.

DonJorginho

Banned
So far this game looks like you`d just run from arena to arena and fight enemies for lootdrops that barely make any visual difference to your character.
Extremly linear and limited level design, too.
I don`t know if a game like this can be fun for more than a few hours, it gives off Anthem vibes for me.
There is nothing wrong with that as long as they nail the combat, Anthem had great combat imo which kept me playing that awful game for nearly 55 hours.

GymWolf

This boss was already revealed days ago but the guy who was playing never played a vg in his life before godfall, is this guy any better??

Last edited:

GreyHand23

This boss was already revealed days ago but the guy who was playing never played a vg in his life before godfall, is this guy any better??

This guy is much better. He mostly takes hits because he tries to perfect parry alot. Which allows you not to take any damage from boss when done correctly. He doesn't die at all during the entire playthrough.

Bryank75

Banned
They should have kept anthem in the oven until the new generation hit, the game would have been more complete AND it would have had proper platforms to run it.
They should have just made it like Ghost of Tsushima... singleplayer with a great story and a curated experience through a world and then added in some coop content and a raid later after launch.

Would have been far easier to manage content and expectations IMO.

VALCON 82

For some reason video won't play for me.. just loads and never does anything.. can i get some hi-rez pics of gifs maybe?

Lysandros

The graphics (a bit too saturated) and performance seems to be improved but i don't like the long black screens during transitions from cut scenes.

I didn't know it had single player content. That's intriguing.

Full single-player story.

For some reason video won't play for me.. just loads and never does anything.. can i get some hi-rez pics of gifs maybe?

Plays a lot like God of War with certain weapons. Takes cues from God of War in several aspects.

See if you can get it to play here: https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=WzgYbldHwFM&feature=emb_logo

Jump to 13:14 mark.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
They should have just made it like Ghost of Tsushima... singleplayer with a great story and a curated experience through a world and then added in some coop content and a raid later after launch.

Would have been far easier to manage content and expectations IMO.
Hurts how underutilised the game actually was content wise, the lore was interesting, the soundtrack was great, the world was gorgeous and the combat and traversal mechanics were a blast to play with.

Just needed a tighter story, more mission variety and a bigger emphasis on single player.

Top Bottom