• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall First Boss Fight, PS5 NXGen Gameplay, Dual-swords, 4K Footage. FIRE!!!!!!!!

Grinchy

Banned
The pricing for the game is confusing. Articles just weeks ago showed it being priced at $70, $80, and $90 for 3 versions. But as of now, Amazon and Best Buy are only listing $70 and $100 versions.

I absolutely loathe the Destiny approach and I can't see myself spending $100+tax on a single launch game that I'm not totally sure about. I just don't know how they have the gall to tell everyone to spend $30 extra on nebulous "extra content" and an "expansion" when so little is already known in the first place.

Last edited:

GreyHand23

The pricing for the game is confusing. Articles just weeks ago showed it being priced at $70, $80, and $90 for 3 versions. But as of now, Amazon and Best Buy are only listing $70 and $100 versions.

I absolutely loathe the Destiny approach and I can't see myself spending $100+tax on a single launch game that I'm not totally sure about. I just don't know how they have the gall to tell everyone to spend $30 extra on nebulous "extra content" and an "expansion" when so little is already known in the first place.

Who's forcing you to? It's not like you're getting a discount on the expansion by paying for it now so it really doesn't matter. Unless you just want to spend extra money I don't see a reason to pay above the base amount.

Grinchy

Banned
Who's forcing you to? It's not like you're getting a discount on the expansion by paying for it now so it really doesn't matter. Unless you just want to spend extra money I don't see a reason to pay above the base amount.
There's no way to know what it means yet. In Destiny, you got locked out of weekly progression if you hadn't bought the $40 DLC. They did it that way on purpose so that you could give up on Destiny for a week, or pay up now.

This content could end up being the same way. Use your head!

FlyyGOD

Game looks pretty good, not sure if it would keep my interest if its as addictive as Destiny one was im in.

GreyHand23

There's no way to know what it means yet. In Destiny, you got locked out of weekly progression if you hadn't bought the $40 DLC. They did it that way on purpose so that you could give up on Destiny for a week, or pay up now.

This content could end up being the same way. Use your head!

All of the stuff you get with the different bundles look like just cosmetic stuff and early game gear. They've said that this isn't a GAAS game so no progression should be locked in anyway. The expansion is $20 which is pretty low compared to Destiny, but we also have no idea what the expansion is so there's no real reason to buy it now. If progression is locked into the expansion, I'm not sure how that's different from any game tbh. Even in Witcher 3 you could get better gear in the expansions. They've already said there won't be any microtransactions, so not expecting paid seasons or anything like that so $20 expansion seems reasonable at first glance.

beck_

This is a looter shooter style game, but with melee weapons rather then guns, think Destiny with swords.

It looks next gen to me graphics wise and 60FPS will feel good during battles. Enemies will get harder the more players you have in your team, but all enemies (including bosses) can be done solo. Not sure if you get better loot by having a bigger team and harder boss.

this game basically
127.jpg

NXGamer

RT Reflections in the floor?
This mode is SSR but believe it supports RT in another mode.
A PSA for non-technical people wanting to check if a game is really running at 60fps and can't tell by eye:

Download this (or any style editor that supports .js): https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=tampermonkey

Then get this "force 30 fps for youtube" script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23329-disable-youtube-60-fps-force-30-fps

Then watch the video at the default 60fps, note the motion and stutter when the camera pans. Then activate the script and reload the page, youtube will now believe you can only support 30 fps and hide the 4K60 option and present a 4K30 version instead.

Watch the 30 fps version and you should be able to tell right away if its truly 60 fps.

The Demo here is Uncapped Framerate, above 30 but under 60.

Looks good, cinematics especially. But the art direction is too loud at times, all that gold makes me feel I should be fighting a dragon.

the_hobbit_the_desolation_of_smaug_1920x1080_by_sachso74-d7sr1wl.0.0.jpg

Last edited:

Aion002

Now I get this game.... It's the Chaos Legion/Bujingai of next gen with coop.

I might get it on a sale. I kinda like shitty generic games.... Lords of the Fallen and The Surge were fine in this gen (even impressive compared to the trash we had on PS360 (Neverdead for instance))..... Another good thing about this type of game is that they make gamers appreciate even more studios like: From Software, Team Ninja, Capcom and others.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This game is lucky its a launch title otherwise it would be so so so so dead in the water.

ga-ti500-box.0.jpg

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely looks real good and much better than when it was first shown months ago. Looking forward to playing it in late 2021 on Xbox Series X when the timed exclusivity deal runs out. Hoping that those who play it at launch on PlayStation 5 have good impressions/reviews on it. Also interested to see how the expansions play out in 2021.

GreyHand23

Now I get this game.... It's the Chaos Legion/Bujingai of next gen with coop.

I might get it on a sale. I kinda like shitty generic games.... Lords of the Fallen and The Surge were fine in this gen (even impressive compared to the trash we had on PS360 (Neverdead for instance))..... Another good thing about this type of game is that they make gamers appreciate even more studios like: From Software, Team Ninja, Capcom and others.

So they make gamers appreciate studios with way more employees and a vastly higher budget? Honestly this is a small studio. If they can have graphics like this on a launch game then next gen is looking pretty good. Show me a small studio that’s releasing a better looking launch game.

Hustler

Looks a lot better than what has been shown so far, but I think I’ll still say for a half off + sale to grab this one.

So they make gamers appreciate studios with way more employees and a vastly higher budget? Honestly this is a small studio. If they can have graphics like this on a launch game then next gen is looking pretty good. Show me a small studio that’s releasing a better looking launch game.

Some people will like what they see, some won't... some will be genuine about their criticism, some won't.....it's console war year after all. Many like what they see and plan to buy it.

Aion002

They make gamers appreciate studios that make games with good gameplay.

Gameplay is king, no matter how pretty the graphics are.

See Code Vein, made by Bamco, looks pretty, but has mediocre gameplay. If you think that Koei makes high budget games or that Demon's Souls was expensive to make... Well.... Nope.

Some people will like what they see, some won't... some will be genuine about their criticism, some won't.....it's console war year after all. Many like what they see and plan to buy it.

I guess I am Playstation hater now.... Because I dislike this game gameplay....

Last edited:
I guess I am Playstation hater now.... Because I dislike this game gameplay....

No. I know you well... it was a general statement. Some won't be genuine and that's Ok.

I think the gameplay is fine and deep for what it's. Sometimes simplicity is king. Maybe you'll change your mind on some of the dev walkthroughs of other footage going around explaining the systems in place for the game. A lot of thought and care has gone into it.

Last edited:

Rikkori

Nice next gen gameplay. Is it 4k 60fps?
Of course not, it's only a console. The GPUs in these can only do 4K 60 in old-gen graphics, like for example DMC 5. Not new shit that's actually built to have more than 1 shadow casting light or shadow maps above 512.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It is only me or this boss fight looks like total shit gameplay?

I mean, graphics looks insane but a boss fight?

Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit.... Dash, hit, hit, hit, hit,...

This is a joke, not a boss fight.

If this game wasnt an exclusive nextgen launch title I guarantee it would be getting very very very little attention.

It doesnt look that interesting to play, and the art direction is super super busy.
Someone heard people like shiny things that glow.....the art director decided we will make everything shiny and glowy.
Atleast Ryse at its art direction going for it, this seems straight up bargain bin game that someone modded into a shiny mess.

That boss fight was abysmal, maybe Counterplay needs to get someone who is really good at the game to play it to make the combat look more interesting.

Right now the more of the game I see, the less of it I want to play.
Not even as a graphical showcase for my new PS5.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This game just doesn't move me for some reason...several reasons.

It's like the environments are pretty but static, yet somehow...overwhelming. It reminds me of the AMD Raytracing demo. There's just too much off it, to the point that it's distracting. The enemies seem like training dummies at least at whatever difficulty I've seen this played at. The boss doesn't seem too bright either.

The combat, eh...it's flashy but games like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry do it better. I mean they play DMC5 in the same video. The difference is...well obvious.

I kinda just wanna see what late game gameplay looks like. Like once you unlock all the moves and you're fighting more complicated bosses...what does that feel like. Everything I've seen looks like a glorified tutorial.

Last edited:
Top Bottom