• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
No. It's always looked like another over-ambitious game that will never deliver, and judging from the reception its had on PS4, I was pretty much right.

Danny Dudekisser

Naturally, Singularity, the only Activision game they've added in like forever, is not on sale.

I pop in from time to time, but I've just lost interest in GOG. They kinda suck.

Tizoc

Naturally, Singularity, the only Activision game they've added in like forever, is not on sale.

I pop in from time to time, but I've just lost interest in GOG. They kinda suck.

They should look to a partnership with EGG, they're a Japanese distributor who sell old JP PC games and more on their website.

Nordicus

Because Singularity is so often on sale on Steam.

Oh wait, I specifically remember being pissed off at how rarely it goes below 20 bucks

Persona7

Banned
The Silver Case was apparently confirmed for GOG in a famitsu article. Not really surprising considering the publisher has been releasing games on GOG.

were those games any good? I like the art style and idea of an army men rts. also there was another one that was 3dish that came out in the early 2000's that was kinda cool.

Kinda hope GOG does one more Interplay sale soon, because selling those IPs probably means all those games are gonna get yanked, and there's still some stuff on there I don't have. (Both Freespaces, notably.)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Though honestly, the real big get here would be Elite Force.

I've never watched Voyager, but Elite Force was great.

Elite Force is a fine game, Klingon Academy is a fucking incredible game. If they get Elite Force before KA (especially when they have the mediocre prequel SA already) then I'd be massively disappointed.

Woorloog

Banned
Thanks a lot GOG!
FFS

Someone tried to log-in on my account last week but since i have two-step auth, no worries. I did change my password though... except now someone at GOG figured that an "unusual login" attempt was made and... they reset my password. The new one i made.
Very very helpful... a week after the thing happened..

And now i have to come up with another new password... for fuck's sake.

Fortunately GOG doesn't have idiotic restriction on passwords so i can make up one that is both very strong and easy to remember (instead of the usual "use odd characters and numbers" shit). But this is still goddamn annoying.

Thanks a lot GOG!
FFS

Someone tried to log-in on my account last week but since i have two-step auth, no worries. I did change my password though... except now someone at GOG figured that an "unusual login" attempt was made and... they reset my password. The new one i made.
Very very helpful... a week after the thing happened..

And now i have to come up with another new password... for fuck's sake.

Fortunately GOG doesn't have idiotic restriction on passwords so i can make up one that is both very strong and easy to remember (instead of the usual "use odd characters and numbers" shit). But this is still goddamn annoying.

Use a password manager. Never worry about forgetting passwords / needing to change them / using obscure combinations of digits again.

Danny Dudekisser

When I saw that post starting with "Thanks a lot GOG! FFS," I thought it was going to be about them releasing Timeshift on Thursday instead of... oh, I dunno. Any of the Bioshock re-releases?

I guess everyone else has given up on decent new releases, too.

Woorloog

Banned
Use a password manager. Never worry about forgetting passwords / needing to change them / using obscure combinations of digits again.

Not an issue for me, even if i have to use idiot systems most systems seem to require, as long as i can come up with a logical password that is easy to remember. It is just that i have to do this.
(Ironically this is difficult if there's a password length limit like Microsoft account has... Fortunately GoG doesn't have one, or i haven't hit it yet.)

Very annoyed at how GoG handles "reporting" though. And taking action that effectively negated my action.

Linkark07

Banned
More EA games on GOG: Saboteur, Mirror's Edge and Spore. 50% discount till September 29th.

And bought the first two. First time I will be playing Saboteur.

Wondering which will be EA next batch of DRM-free games.

Knurek

More EA games on GOG: Saboteur, Mirror's Edge and Spore. 50% discount till September 29th.

I wonder if they fixed Saboteur's performance on new GPUs...

Tizoc

Drm free spore
Woah

Danny Dudekisser

on the gog forums there is a thread where they find games not out yet. Crysis was one of them so it's only a matter of time.

Yeah, I'm surprised that neither Crysis, nor Crysis Warhead were in this one. Would've gladly taken either of those alongside Mirror's Edge. But whatever. DRM-free Mirror's Edge. I'll take it.

Catshade

GOG Connect...is ALIVE!!! Highlights are Shadow Warrior, Van Helsing: Final Cut, Anno 1404, Baldur's Gate: EE, and more.

They're also having a back to school sale. Most notable are Interplay catalogue for 90% off. Bear in mind that Interplay is in the process of auctioning their IP, so maybe this is the last chance to get Interplay games for cheap.

Bl@de

IT's SAAAALE TIME

Back to School 2016. Screw learning, vidya games.

Everyone buy Vampire Bloodlines for 5,99! That's an order.

EDIT: You didn't forget it. I'm just blind. Still. Sale time.

Top Bottom