• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation 5: The Digital Foundry Tech Review

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How are these posts allowed?
Episode 2 GIF by Star Wars

Oh frank, I did a follow up like right before your post.

sircaw

Banned

"However, if you look closely, it's clear that the level of detail is still not quite of a 'next generation' quality "

KThFVPl.jpg

Replay framerates can hit the mid twenties with RT and weather.
I must admit Riky, your constant targeted bullshit campaign is beginning to run thin now.

You know what you're doing and i think it needs to stop. "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

FrankWza

If you take a step back and realize 40fps isn't good for Racing game, you'll soon realize this isn't good on ps5, Xbox, PC, etc. Stop console warring yourself, and ask for better performance from the devs.
You mean the 2 areas where the tracks needed to be loaded with cars, options and weather on a specific track that wasn’t in GT sport in a pre launch tech review without a day 1 patch?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I knew some of you would cherry pick the literal only instance of a frame drop in a very specific circumstance unlikely to be found in 99% of normal play. Stay predictable.
I am sure they used the same critique when MSFS on XSX does small freezes where technically the framerate is in the single digits range. I am sure they have quotes where they zero down on it sharply ;).

Are you sure you cannot make your derailing posts any larger? It doesn't quite cover my 2-screen setup...
Not enough sodium in the earth, to cover your post
You mean the 2 areas where the tracks needed to be loaded with cars, options and weather on a specific track that wasn’t in GT sport in a pre launch tech review without a day 1 patch?
So is this not a possible race? Apparently DF found a way to make this possible, which isn't outside the realm of happening in normal playthrough.... Right? Or an I crazy?

People tend to downplay things they don't have access to. Human nature. For the most part I've let go of expressing competition anxiety.
My thoughts exactly. If everyone starts to believe in platform agnostic games like Elden Ring for instance, no one would want below 60fps, and can't console war since it's on all platforms. But they get so salty when you bring up something exclusive?

Shifty1897

The lack of resolution options is disappointing. I'd love a locked 60 fps at 1800p performance mode and a 1080p 60fps performance RT mode, especially since these kinds of modes have been embraced by the western dev studios Sony owns.

Not enough sodium in the earth, to cover your post

So is this not a possible race? Apparently DF found a way to make this possible, which isn't outside the realm of happening in normal playthrough.... Right? Or an I crazy?

Read the posts carefully.
What DF shows was a curiosity. DF shows the FPS to be VERY STABLE so he wanted to find a way to make it drop, and he found it. He manually created an specific situation where the game can drop frames. Can happen during normal gameplay? Yes, but very rare, that's why he had to manually create the situation.
Not only people are complaining this pretending that he wouldn't also criticize if Kaz had compromised and lowered visual quality they're LYING talking like the whole game plays like that leading to useless discussion.

The lack of resolution options is disappointing. I'd love a locked 60 fps at 1800p performance mode and a 1080p 60fps performance RT mode, especially since these kinds of modes have been embraced by the western dev studios Sony owns.

Not on racing games.
During normal races RT would be barely noticeable.
Would be nice if racing games had it but it's omission isn't a tragedy.

Last edited:
I thought Mister Wolf Mister Wolf was joking with Riky Riky because he managed to make a post without mentioning VRR.

VRR increases performance? I didn't know that.
Would you rather have VRR or not. Simple question. Take all the time you need to answer it. I'll wait.

No one in their right mind would reject VRR.

I'm 2 days we'll see if this patch helps or not. Either way, I'm excited to play it. You can look at my post history, and you'll see my enjoyment of the GT series from back to ps1 days. I guess I can't say anything negative about the game, huh?

Shmunter

What DF shows was a curiosity. DF shows the FPS to be VERY STABLE so he wanted to find a way to make it drop, and he found it. He manually created an specific situation where the game can drop frames. Can happen during normal gameplay? Yes, but very rare, that's why he had to manually create the situation.
Not only people are complaining this pretending that he wouldn't also criticize if Kaz had compromised and lowered visual quality they're LYING talking like the whole game plays like that leading to useless discussion.
Like he doesn’t know. It’s just typical shit posting.

You don’t dumb down 99% of visual fidelity for 1% stress cases. Arguing for it is just trolling.

Anyway, to me the game is quintessential cross gen. Nothing here stands out, Sport was more striking as a PS4 title by far. Dissatisfied.

Not on racing games.
During normal races RT would be barely noticeable.
Would be nice if racing games had it but it's omission isn't a tragedy.
Bro it doesn't matter to me. I'll still play. I simply agreed with a previous post that VRR would be great. Everyone is now trolling me for saying the truth. I don't get you guys. If you know me at all, you'll know I LOVE racers. This kills me that you guys would rather pile on me, than to want VRR as a feature. It's truly a sad state of gaming right now that you would attack me, than want a free feature for the game, that will make you and I happier.

Mr Moose

Would you rather have VRR or not. Simple question. Take all the time you need to answer it. I'll wait.

No one in their right mind would reject VRR.

I'm 2 days we'll see if this patch helps or not. Either way, I'm excited to play it. You can look at my post history, and you'll see my enjoyment of the GT series from back to ps1 days. I guess I can't say anything negative about the game, huh?
Of course it's better to have it than not, screen tearing is ugly and distracting. Games that are almost always hitting their target don't really need it though imo (unless tearing).

Is your third line directed at someone else?

nikolino840

I thought there was rt in gameplay

Hardware-accelerated RT is a key feature, but you're offered the choice between using ray tracing or enjoying a higher frame-rate. Effectively, when using ray traced reflections, this feature is engaged in basically every scene featuring cars except actual gameplay.

Maybe pre release version?

Of course it's better to have it than not, screen tearing is ugly and distracting. Games that are almost always hitting their target don't really need it though imo (unless tearing).

Is your third line directed at someone else?
Not at all. I'm excited to play this either way. I have AC, iRacing, forza, project cars, etc. I play them ALL on my racing sim. Anxious to add this one to the playlist. Just wish people would neglect exclusivity, and enjoying the games instead.

You can stop to post after this claim. It's clear you have no embarrassment and you want just to make console war. Better abandon the thread now if you have a minimum of personal dignity.
But he’s right. It’s a ps4 game.

Not only is it a ps4 game but there are more impressive ps4 racing games.

Top Bottom