• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

vqORpK2.jpg

TheMan

Not seeing the e30 m3 or the lancia delta in the brand central…how can get hold of these bad mother fuckers?

FrankWza

I was thinking about buying this today, always been a big fan of GT

Just watched this review

How much worse does the game look on this video vs the actual game running on an OLED?

Watching that YouTube video on my TV makes it look like a PS3 game.

Don’t bother. It looks like this
Silent Film Vintage GIF

Celcius

°Temp. member
How do I drag race without my car spinning out? I feel like I’m doing something horribly wrong.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Holy shit some of these License Tests and Challenges need rebalanced to actual controller users. Some of these I do horrible and still get gold on first try, and others I keep trying for hours with no success.

First A-9 and now the first Eco Lap Time Challenge.

Aenima

Are these actual people or completely ficticious?
They are real ppl. In GT Cafe some of the ppl talking about the cars are car designers. The guys that appear during licences and races are all GT pro players from many countries that have competed and reached the finals in the GT Sport championships.

I watched some championships and recognise most of the pro players.

clem84

Gold Member
Holy shit some of these License Tests and Challenges need rebalanced to actual controller users. Some of these I do horrible and still get gold on first try, and others I keep trying for hours with no success.

A9 was brutal. Can confirm.

SUPARSTARX

GT7 has been amazing. I wished there were shortcut menus instead of having to back out of a few before going back to the world map, but other than that little quip, the load times are sooooo good. I haven't played this much GT in a week since like GT4/GT5.

Last edited:

Outlier

Well. Looks like I'm part of the 0.6% Club.
Just got my S license and all gold licenses! :messenger_sunglasses:

My god. Driving that Gulf Porsche (917K '70) in those conditions was a pain, but got it in about 20 mins.

R8 LMS Evo '19
Red Bull X2019 Competition

This is what I like playing GT for. Some good challenges.

Great experience.

EDIT: Oops. I just realized that they literally show you the award cars in the bottom of the screen, for each license. I didn't need to spoiler tag. XD

Last edited:

Outlier

I agree that some are too easy. In S-8 on my first try I slid in corners 2 times and just barely missed getting a gold, but got it on the second try.

However. In my opinion NONE of these are too hard, but yeah the high speed cars are challenging to driving because they are twitchy with a controller.

I didn't take more than 30 minutes are on the hardest ones, so I think you can do it. You just gotta think of these are physics challenges.

BTW. You can turn on the demonstration ghost in the settings, so you have a reference to try to follow. Made it MUCH easier for me.

Outlier

GT7 has been amazing. I wished there were shortcut menus instead of having to back out of a few before going back to the world map, but other than that little quip, the load times are sooooo good. I haven't played this much GT in a week since like GT4/GT5.
There is a short cut to the map in the GT menu (upper left corner).

Last edited:
Amazing OT R6Rider R6Rider !!

Gif-heavy OTs are [*hopefully] going to be the future of creative expression in the realm of Official Topic presentation - even better will be when internet technology catches up to the vision & passion of the artists that create them; so everyone can enjoy the results💯

Celcius

°Temp. member
UGH, twice in a row I’m doing a hard 5 lap race and on the final corner of the final lap I just lose my traction and spin out, causing me to come in 3rd. I had forgotten how hard and stressful this gets once you get to the harder stuff. My hands are still shaking from that last race.

Last edited:

Aenima

Not seeing the e30 m3 or the lancia delta in the brand central…how can get hold of these bad mother fuckers?
Brand Central only has cars from year 2000 and up. Older cars can only be found in the used car dealer or in the legendary car dealer.

Last edited:

molly14

I notice a bit of screen judder if you watch the fly by of the track before a race, more in frame-rate mode for some reason and occasionally frame rate drops in races,

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Forza 7 doesn't look better. At least not on my xb1x. Maybe it does on PC but I doubt it. Forza Horizon 5 on PC?? Yeah

Many aspects of FM7 on PC look better. I can max all the settings and play at 8k internal resolution so it's not really fair.

Things like car reflections during racing and tracks (especially the not-so-real ones like Prague, Dubai or Rio) can look spectacular. GT7 wins big in terms of realistic lighting and the way car paint reacts to it.

As an overall package I would say GT7 looks better. As it should, there's 5 years gap between these 2 games.

I wish GT7 would copy a feature like Forzavista so we can freely inspect these cars. I mean just look at this:

3uOJBZ9.jpg

63Znym4.jpg

Type_Raver

Why are the face buttons offering analogue acceleration like they did in previous GT titles?
Used to be able to lightly press X when accelerating for partial throttle...

Monokrom

What does it mean? I haven't understood it yet.
You random get a invitation for cars that normally are not for sale. Without it you cannot buy it. The invitation last a certain amount of days so you must hurry to get enough credits to buy it in time. The invitation looks like a purple/blue envelope icon.
I think it works that way.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
You random get a invitation for cars that normally are not for sale. Without it you cannot buy it. The invitation last a certain amount of days so you must hurry to get enough credits to buy it in time. The invitation looks like a purple/blue envelope icon.
I think it works that way.
I saw the invitation but i always thought i can buy the car no matter what, even without the invite. At Least i bought some without one. Just not highly expensive one.

Monokrom

I saw the invitation but i always thought i can buy the car no matter what, even without the invite. At Least i bought some without one. Just not highly expensive one.

If you look at the Ferrari vendor for example, the three last cars have a grey/white envelope. It means you need that invitation. :)

shubik

the game is simply georgeous. There are brief moments where it reaches photorealism for me. Especially at dusk. Whatever they did with the lighting model, it is a big big step up to GT Sport.

In regards to progress: so far I haven't bought any cars with the money I earned. I stick to the once I get through the cafe menus and invest my money in tuning the cars. Do you guys simply spend your money on new cars? The prices are really pricy and so far at level 10 I don´t earn that much with the races... I´m scared to make a mistake by spending my cash to early.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
In regards to progress: so far I haven't bought any cars with the money I earned. I stick to the once I get through the cafe menus and invest my money in tuning the cars. Do you guys simply spend your money on new cars? The prices are really pricy and so far at level 10 I don´t earn that much with the races... I´m scared to make a mistake by spending my cash to early.
Early on you will be given pretty much everything you need so there is usually no need to spend much in the beginning. Have a look out for the used car dealership. I needed to buy one car that was necessary for a race and hasn't been gifted to my.

Last edited:

Inviusx

the game is simply georgeous. There are brief moments where it reaches photorealism for me. Especially at dusk. Whatever they did with the lighting model, it is a big big step up to GT Sport.

My opinion would be to not buy any cars unless you're missing something that you need for a Cafe mission. Generally you'll get the car you need as a reward from the previous Cafe mission and you can just tune it to suit the next set of races.

You will be surprised how many cars you get from the Cafe. I'm not even done with it yet and I've got over 60 cars already.

Once you're done with the Cafe that's when I would start looking at buying the cars that are your favourites if you didn't already get them as a reward.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
My opinion would be to not buy any cars unless you're missing something that you need for a Cafe mission. Generally you'll get the car you need as a reward from the previous Cafe mission and you can just tune it to suit the next set of races.

You will be surprised how cars you get from the Cafe. I'm not even done with it yet and I've got over 60 cars already.
Apparently when you done with Cafe you get a mil credits

Also I watch Dr disrespect stream, mah dude spend 800k on on a lambo to find out he couldn't use it lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom