• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

dano1

A Sheep
How do I drag race without my car spinning out? I feel like I’m doing something horribly wrong.
Once you have the best tires on that are available next thing is you can’t keep it floored until you get up to speed or turn on traction control. Not as fun of course

kikii

Gold Member
tried to make "weeb machine" even i dont watch anime stuffs :p

vpXPLnW.jpg

50YXNGX.jpg

Inviusx

How many people have gotten gold on all the licenses? The super ones are something else, about halfway through them.

I'm just starting my Super license today. I've achieved Gold on all of them but there were certainly a few tricky ones. IA-8, the big hill drop on Alasace, that one kicked my ass.

Inviusx

Pretty disappointed with the variety of races in the Cafe mode, I think I'm almost done and every single race is just a rush to first from last place. Even the "championship" races are just rushes, not even taking into consideration your point standing, you're just thrown into last place.

They aren't even grid starts, it's a rolling start where 1st place is 40 seconds ahead of you at the beginning of the race.

What's even worse is the lack of punishment for cutting the track. On Monza you can bypass the entire first chicane by just driving straight through and the game won't reset you. So I find myself just abusing every track skip to make running down 1st place easier.

I really hope I'm done with the Cafe soon because I want to move onto something else 🥺🥺

GHG

Gold Member
Tuning in Sport mode 🤮🤮🤮

They ruined it. It's dead to me in it's current form. So disappointed when I finally unlocked it after progressing though some of the cafe stuff.

Thankfully I'm enjoying the SP more than I expected. Focused mostly on the licenses so far, all golds, just got the S license to go.

Malcolm9

They ruined it. It's dead to me in it's current form. So disappointed when I finally unlocked it after progressing though some of the cafe stuff.

Thankfully I'm enjoying the SP more than I expected. Focused mostly on the licenses so far, all golds, just got the S license to go.
I honestly expect them to update / patch it in at some point, or just give options for both.

GHG

Gold Member
I honestly expect them to update / patch it in at some point, or just give options for both.

I hope so. They need to take the iracing route where they have some series that allow tuning and others with fixed setups. I also don't think 3 daily (weekly) races are enough if they want to start doing that. Just an extra slot would make all the difference so there can be 2 fixed races and then 2 open tune races.

GenericUser

I sold the fucking game. It's clearly designed around the real money you need to spend if you want to get your hands on the best/most exotic cars.

- You can no longer sell price cars
- Roulette is trash and often gives you the worst price out of the pool
- Races that give you a "decent" amount of money (like 50K and above) take forever and are ridiculously hard

Fuck this trash. I did the math. To earn like 2 million credits, I need to grind like 8 to 10 hours. And 2 million don't even give you the best cars! I don't support such a shitty practice in my 80 bucks full price game. Still got like 55euro for this heap of trash, so that softens the blow.

Yes, I'm mad. Because I wanted a true old school car collector/tuning game and instead got this pay to play grindfest.

Markio128

Gold Member
I sold the fucking game. It's clearly designed around the real money you need to spend if you want to get your hands on the best/most exotic cars.

- Races that give you a "decent" amount of money (like 50K and above) take forever and are ridiculously hard

Fuck this trash. I did the math. To earn like 2 million credits, I need to grind like 8 to 10 hours. And 2 million don't even give you the best cars! I don't support such a shitty practice in my 80 bucks full price game. Still got like 55euro for this heap of trash, so that softens the blow.

Yes, I'm mad. Because I wanted a true old school car collector/tuning game and instead got this pay to play grindfest.
Bored Disinterest GIF

DJ12

giphy.gif

OK, this is the old game, just with the option to pay to speed up the process.

Seems like you just came in here to attempt to generate some drama.

News flash, no one is forced to pay for anything in this game.

GenericUser

giphy.gif

OK, this is the old game, just with the option to pay to speed up the process.

Seems like you just came in here to attempt to generate some drama.

News flash, no one is forced to pay for anything in this game.

alright, we speak again, one the honeymoon phase is over.

Inviusx

The expensive cars aren't the best cars, they are just the rarest cars and their credit prices match their real world price. "Best car" in this game is entirely subjective, I'll take a 40k used Supra over the 20 million credit GTO any day.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I went back and forth yesterday between some online races with the starting cars and track experience which offered some vehicles in the Gr3 category. Was a wonderful contrast to have a car that's unable to even stay steady while braking and these beefed up rockets with insane short braking distance. The faster cars are also pure adrenaline.

SLB1904

Banned
The expensive cars aren't the best cars, they are just the rarest cars and their credit prices match their real world price. "Best car" in this game is entirely subjective, I'll take a 40k used Supra over the 20 million credit GTO any day.
Doesn't really matter. By just doing the missions you get free cars left and right and you don't need to spend any money. Now if you want to spend 20mil on a classic? go grind, they are classics for a reason

Got a lend of it from my brother,poor bastard paid $120 for it.
Anyway during the ridiculous install time I played some music rally... And yeah barring anymore random downloads I won't be touching that mode again.
Won a few races and did the first menu to unlock licences. That's where all the fun is.
The actual racing is brain dead and it looks like a game from 2016. It's funny how often they push replays, I think it's cos that's the only time it ever looks next gen.

Been playing for some hours now and suprised to see how few mentions there is of how trash the AI is. it has no spatial awareness, it will ram you out even if you are ahead of it as it will always take the racing line no matter what. Coming from Assetto Corsa and iRacing it amazing how early 2000s the AI in this game is. other than that and the rubberbanding in higher difficulty events the game is pretty fun. its fun to collect cars and win cars etc. but the AI is really hindering my enjoyment of the game quite a bit. i imagine it will probably be way more fun to race online in this game.

Last edited:

DJ12

Been playing for some hours now and suprised to see how few mentions there is of how trash the AI is. it has no spatial awareness, it will ram you out even if you are ahead of it as it will always take the racing line no matter what. Coming from Assetto Corsa and iRacing it amazing how early 2000s the AI in this game is. other than that and the rubberbanding in higher difficulty events the game is pretty fun. its fun to collect cars and win cars etc. but the AI is really hindering my enjoyment of the game quite a bit. i imagine it will probably be way more fun to race online in this game.
I think the ai being garbage has been mention but no one really cares as they are just trying to get everything done before Sophy gets added and no one can win a race again.

Inviusx

The single player races are a drag for the most part unless you do a custom race and intentionally gimp your performance to make racing the AI seem like a fair fight. The "chase the leader" routine is pretty boring after a awhile.

That being said its the only way to give the player a challenge because a grid start just leads to us overtaking 90% of the pack on turn one and then racing ourselves for 5 laps, so I get why they do it. In a perfect world the AI would be adept enough to put up a proper fight but GT AI has never been that way.

Interestingly however the AI isn't always so robotic, in torrential rain conditions on the wrong tires they will make a load of mistakes which is fun to see. They also can't handle the jumps on rally stages and will often end up flying into the wall or spinning out off the track, it's pretty funny.

Mephisto40

You realise nobody is forcing you to buy every car in the game don't you?

Mephisto40

Nevermind that. It takes this guy 8-10 hours to do what can be done in under 2 hours:

"I did the math"

I think the mega troll may be one of these guys who played Forza Horizon and thought he was going to be able to 100% every racing game from now on by tying an elastic band around his controller and setting the car to auto drive

Maybe I am "lucky" but I have been able to "guess" *exactly* where the roulette wheel would stop *EVERY* time and it is always on the lowest amount of coins. The whole concept is just sickening and so obviously "fixed" in my opinion. I have had lots of these but have never won anything other than the smallest amount of money and certainly never a car part or actual car.

Mephisto40

Maybe I am "lucky" but I have been able to "guess" *exactly* where the roulette wheel would stop *EVERY* time and it is always on the lowest amount of coins. The whole concept is just sickening and so obviously "fixed" in my opinion. I have had lots of these but have never won anything other than the smallest amount of money and certainly never a car part or actual car.
Fundamentally false, it's landed on cars and the top amount of money for me multiple times

Fundamentally false, it's landed on cars and the top amount of money for me multiple times

Well, I guess you must be the lucky one because, I am not lying here, I have had 30 or 40 roulette wheels and I have been able to correctly guess where the wheel would stop every time. And every time it has always been the lowest amount of money. This is completely at odds with, say, the similar system in Forza Horizon 4 and 5 which does feel fairer. Statistically, I should have won at least one car by now in GT7 but I haven't, not any a car part! 10,000 or 5,000 credits are the most I have won.

Whatever algorithm Polyphony Digital are using is one that, in my opinion, gives extremely low odds but that perhaps ties in with the microtransactions so the game pushes the player towards spending money? Gambling mechanics really should have no place in *any* £60+ game in my view and I would rather have just won a fixed amount or a specific vehicle. I do not understand how developers can think random gifts/loot boxes are entertaining or fun.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just wanted to chime in - I actually won a car last night in the roulette - a tuned AMG GTR. It’s definitely possible to win cars and good prizes.

GenericUser

Well, I guess you must be the lucky one because, I am not lying here, I have had 30 or 40 roulette wheels and I have been able to correctly guess where the wheel would stop every time. And every time it has always been the lowest amount of money. This is completely at odds with, say, the similar system in Forza Horizon 4 and 5 which does feel fairer. Statistically, I should have won at least one car by now in GT7 but I haven't, not any a car part! 10,000 or 5,000 credits are the most I have won.

Whatever algorithm Polyphony Digital are using is one that, in my opinion, gives extremely low odds but that perhaps ties in with the microtransactions so the game pushes the player towards spending money? Gambling mechanics really should have no place in *any* £60+ game in my view and I would rather have just won a fixed amount or a specific vehicle. I do not understand how developers can think random gifts/loot boxes are entertaining or fun.
You get significantly less in game money then in previous Gran Turismos. Back in the day you finished a medium-tier championship, that took you like 30 to 40 minutes. You got about 200K credits for winning the championship AND a sick car that you could often sell for more then this. So you made money much quicker. To me, it is very obvious, why this is absent in the newest game. I won't tolerate that.

I never meant to make people angry or anything, just express my opinion. Happy racing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just unlocked that track last night. Love it!

Was using a stock ZL1 and going back and forth with a C7. Aerodynamics vs raw power. I would draft the car and pass and vise/versa... held it off at the last second by moving side to side to keep him from drafting at the last 1/4 mile. Won by .167 :pie_roffles:

Top Bottom