• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have been using my sponsored cars. Nissan GT-R Gr.4 and Gr.3. Mostly i use the Gr.3 one. But the car usually only last 7 laps in map 6 fuel.
Dont remember what race i managed to do 10 laps without pitting. Some races have different tire and fuel consumption multipliers.
Ah ok. Yeah, seems others online were using a Swift to combat that pesky Swift, lol.

GooseMan69

That WTC 600 Championship was a challenge. Tried it with the 911 and Mustang and couldn’t get gold. Then I switched to a fully tuned Evo and finished first in all 3 races.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
51967145708_2f0f344e70_o.png

Con-Z-epT

How do you guys search for liveries? Whenever i use some of the categories or a random word in the search i get nothing.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How do you guys search for liveries? Whenever i use some of the categories or a random word in the search i get nothing.
I just do a random word. Like Smokey or Bandit for the Smokey and the Bandit liveries.

Also, they are make/model based, so it may not have what you are looking for. Sometimes it is best to just leave it blank and do a search so it lists them all. Then just scroll through them, some have less than others.

Does anyone know if the amount (or %) it cost to apply gives credits to the makers? Or is it gone into the ether? I only ask because I notice some are much more expensive than others, and I wonder how that is calculated (maybe amount of layers based?). Also noticed that some can't be edited which I assume is set by the author as well?

Last edited:

Dazfeeder

I just do a random word. Like Smokey or Bandit for the Smokey and the Bandit liveries.

Also, they are make/model based, so it may not have what you are looking for. Sometimes it is best to just leave it blank and do a search so it lists them all. Then just scroll through them, some have less than others.

Does anyone know if the amount (or %) it cost to apply gives credits to the makers? Or is it gone into the ether? I only ask because I notice some are much more expensive than others, and I wonder how that is calculated (maybe amount of layers based?). Also noticed that some can't be edited which I assume is set by the author as well?
It only cost credits to apply if the creator used a paint colour or wheel etc that had to be paid for when they made it,

ethomaz

Banned
I wonder about that - do cars really have different gas tank sizes? Gas tank/consumption is one of those things I would have assumed is artificially made standard across all cars, but it would be pretty crazy if it really is different. I wonder what else is unique per car that isn't specifically identified... Like is a racing soft tire the same for every car, or do some cars have better ones?
Yes it has.

Here in Brazil it start from 30l to near 100l (I believe some big trucks have 200l).
My actual car has 42l while my father car has 55l but I do like hatches and him sedans.

BTW smaller the tank or less gas inside it = car runs faster.

The size of the tank is based in the size of the car… big cars have more space to tank than compact ones.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member
One can dream that they will just have some scenic awesome drives patched into the game.

I would very much like to be able to drive Pacific Highway 1 crusin in my car of choice with some tunes....

Reactions: pab

Con-Z-epT

Is there an in depth explanation for all the HUD icons? I mean the lower part. Can't find anything online.

Aenima

Is there an in depth explanation for all the HUD icons? I mean the lower part. Can't find anything online.
Thers an online manual u can take a look. I think u can access it from the game main menu.
Dunno if it explains there but most of the icons in the lower part are to tell if some of the assists are on, like ABS, Traction Control, Counter Steer. Then thers indication for headlights, hazard lights, turn lights, hand brake. The acelerator bar in the right side, the brake bar in the left side, fuel level, tire conditions and track wetness level to know when normal tires will start losing grip. And some more im forgueting i think.

Con-Z-epT

Thers an online manual u can take a look. I think u can access it from the game main menu.
Dunno if it explains there but most of the icons in the lower part are to tell if some of the assists are on, like ABS, Traction Control, Counter Steer. Then thers indication for headlights, hazard lights, turn lights, hand brake. The acelerator bar in the right side, the brake bar in the left side, fuel level, tire conditions and track wetness level to know when normal tires will start losing grip. And some more im forgueting i think.
I looked up the online manual but this isn't explained.

55d59c76ed8984b645bb193ac4355ee3f13f1506_2_1110x249.jpeg

Whats the circle below 18?

R6Rider

Gold Member
I looked up the online manual but this isn't explained.

55d59c76ed8984b645bb193ac4355ee3f13f1506_2_1110x249.jpeg

Whats the circle below 18?
Pretty sure that's the turbo/boost gauge. Edit: I see the kPa and the numbers now and that's definitely a boost gauge.

Also, I like the general HUD layout on bumper view better, but have preferred the cockpit the most for the first time win the series. Having the zoomed in track in the center is so much better here.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Not sure, but i think its the gauge for the turbo.
Pretty sure that's the turbo/boost gauge. Edit: I see the kPa and the numbers now and that's definitely a boost gauge.
Thanks guys.
Also, I like the general HUD layout on number view better, but have preferred the cockpit the most for the first time win the series. Having the zoomed in track in the center is so much better here.
It was just the only picture i could find. I really hope they patch in a more customizable HUD in the future.

Dr Bass

So is this game worth getting? If so, is the deluxe worth getting? Can you grab the songs off the PS5 with a thumb stick?

I'm not even that into realistic racers, but thinking of picking it up just to support the ol' classic purchase a game for cash model.

GT lets us map things like control traction control, brake bias, fuel mapping etc to our steering wheels, all I want is to be able to map a volume control and skip track button for the in-game music so I don't have to restart a race just because of a bad song.

Aenima

So is this game worth getting? If so, is the deluxe worth getting? Can you grab the songs off the PS5 with a thumb stick?

I'm not even that into realistic racers, but thinking of picking it up just to support the ol' classic purchase a game for cash model.
The game is worth getting, the 25th anniversary only if its the physical version as you can sell the PS4 version code and keep the PS5 version from the disk.

Dr Bass

The game is worth getting, the 25th anniversary only if its the physical version as you can sell the PS4 version code and keep the PS5 version from the disk.
I don't do physical though. I'll probably grab the game, just gotta decide if I'm gonna get the digital deluxe.

DJ12

Damn better get some races done just spent all my money for the speed demon trophies, electric and safety car trophies.

Got to love a legendary Skyline. (no idea which one it is as at work)

Last edited:

Monokrom

Got my first engine in the roulette, a Hellcat -Charger. The only car that it fits is a car I don't have (yet).
What I really want is the 787b 4 rotor engine to swap into an RX7.

*mixed feeling about the roulette system*

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Got my first engine in the roulette, a Hellcat -Charger. The only car that it fits is a car I don't have (yet).
What I really want is the 787b 4 rotor engine to swap into an RX7.

*mixed feeling about the roulette system*

I just think the roulette system blows. It’s clearly rigged for very low odds of winning anything good and only put there for the MTX economy. Putting cars you can only buy from roulette invites and upgrade parts in there is gross.

Like I could see them planning to sell roulette ticket packs at some point before all the backlash blew up.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

I just think the roulette system blows. It’s clearly rigged for very low odds of winning anything good and only put there for the MTX economy. Putting cars you can only buy from roulette invites and upgrade parts in there is gross.
did they change anything to the Roulette system?
In the last 3 roullettes I got 3 Gr. 3 Cars..

Aenima

did they change anything to the Roulette system?
In the last 3 roullettes I got 3 Gr. 3 Cars..
Not sure, i also got a gr.3 car and 2 other high prize, 3 days in a row, but last 2 days got the worst prizes.

Fox Mulder Fox Mulder You can get invites randomly from time to time without them droping from the roulette. I had 3 invites already and only 1 i got from a roulette drop.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've had mostly shit picks from the tickets. I think I've won 1 single vehicle (the Toyota Tundra), the million for completing all books, a nitrous part, and 500k once. The rest have all been 5k (lol) or 30k credits. 30k Credits should be the MINIMUM of the credit amounts.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've had mostly shit picks from the tickets. I think I've won 1 single vehicle (the Toyota Tundra), the million for completing all books, a nitrous part, and 500k once. The rest have all been 5k (lol) or 30k credits. 30k Credits should be the MINIMUM of the credit amounts.
Pretty much my experience as well.

Top Bottom