• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Is it just me or is the drifting pretty terrible? Was doing the mustang drift mission last night and the handling was absolutely terrible. Either pure understeer or legit uncatchable oversteer. I'm very good at car control but that mustang was handling like something out of a mobile game.

Gerdav

Given it's the last test, a decent challenge should be expected. It took me about 30 to 40 tries to get gold. In 90% of the time i couldn't even finish the test. In the end i'd say it's all about repetition and that the last stretch of the track is the part where your gold time will come from.
Nailing Eau Rouge and carrying the speed into the Kemmel straight is where you gain the most time at Spa, the last chicane is second, getting those two corners right will literally take seconds off your time.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Is it just me or is the drifting pretty terrible? Was doing the mustang drift mission last night and the handling was absolutely terrible. Either pure understeer or legit uncatchable oversteer. I'm very good at car control but that mustang was handling like something out of a mobile game.
The car itself, the performance tunning, the setup, the assistance and the controls all make a huge impact in terms of the handling while drifting.

I'd blame it on the car. Always blame the american car! :messenger_winking:

Aenima

Its the car and tune, that mustang looks like a stock build. The drift mission with the Silvia Aero, that is a car used for drift, you have much better control.

I did that mission last night as well and yeah the car is very hard to control during a drift. Still managed silver, very close to gold, by aproaching the curve slow then just going half throttle during the drift. Every time i went full throttle the car spins.

Last edited:

T0minator

Was there an update that fixed the Chariot of Fire song as the main menu song every single time?

There used to be variety every time I logged into the game or moved in and out of the menu screens. Now it's all just that one song.

Glitch? Or intentional?

Fox Mulder

Was there an update that fixed the Chariot of Fire song as the main menu song every single time?

There used to be variety every time I logged into the game or moved in and out of the menu screens. Now it's all just that one song.

Glitch? Or intentional?

It’s supposed to play until you finish the final cafe series.

Its the car and tune, that mustang looks like a stock build. The drift mission with the Silvia Aero, that is a car used for drift, you have much better control.

I did that mission last night as well and yeah the car is very hard to control during a drift. Still managed silver, very close to gold, by aproaching the curve slow then just going half throttle during the drift. Every time i went full throttle the car spins.
Yeah it just doesn't handle like a real car does, regardless of a drift tune or not. I've never had any issues controlling cars in any sim and consider myself one of the best at handling cars at the limit (in iRacing/Assetto I'm not alien fast, but I basically never spin). Usually you can modulate the rear with the throttle but with that stupid mustang its like a prerecorded event once the rear breaks out at any real angle, no matter what you do with the inputs. I tried every technique I know and it just unrealistically whips all the way. Physics in this game seem solid overall but there are some of these challenges that really make me question who is deciding these things.

ethomaz

Banned
Before going bed GT7 gives me 5 gold bars… now I have 1.5m credits.

I don’t even know what to buy because I already have one American, one European and one Japanese competitive car.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Before going bed GT7 gives me 5 gold bars… now I have 1.5m credits.

I don’t even know what to buy because I already have one American, one European and one Japanese competitive car.
5?! I've only seen one gold bar in the roulette or is it the gift for players who experienced the outage?

ethomaz

Banned
5?! I've only seen one gold bar in the roulette or is it the gift for players who experienced the outage?
The roulette 3 stars… 5 bars… 500k credits.
From the credits options in the roulette these 5 bars where the biggest one.

Last edited:

TTOOLL

It has a livery editor, what do you expect me to do, download ACTUAL liveries?????? That look like actual race cars?????

triple-h-disgusted.gif

I meant the image quality lol I approve of that livery!! Sorry for the confusion, at first I couldn't notice it wasn't a real life picture.

Aenima

Soon, winning a race will be like robbing a bank.
Curious to see the rewards for the circuit experience. I just completed 1 circuit experience with all golds so far, but i have been focusing in compldting the other normal races 1st before coming back to more challenging content like licences, missions and circuit experience.

Arthimura

What are some good Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars you guys recommend for multiplayer?

By the way, already received my 1.000.000 CR.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

What's everyone's favorite race tracks?

For me it's Laguna Seca, Autódrome de Interlagos and Circuit de Spa. Mostly for the differences in height that are covered throughout a lap and for some special corners. I also love the Tokyo Expressway for the looks. Would love to see more city tracks.

For me it's Laguna Seca, Autódrome de Interlagos and Circuit de Spa. Mostly for the differences in height that are covered throughout a lap and for some special corners. I also love the Tokyo Expressway for the looks. Would love to see more city tracks.

Playing Gran Turismo on PSP lately has me hoping for some more city tracks too. PS5 renditions of Tokyo R246, Cote D'Azure, Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria, Opera Paris, Seoul Central, New York and even London from the likes of GT5 would make a great start. Kinda makes you realise how many city tracks have been left out really when looking back

R6Rider

Gold Member

Not sure I have a favorite yet, but for personal Time Trial fun I've been using Sardegna (layout C) as my go to track.

There's a few tracks I can't remember that were fun, and I'm not sure if they were new or not.

Aenima

Suzuka (full track for racing, short track for drifting)
Nurburgring
Alsace Village
La Sarthe
Daytona

I like almost all tracks in the game, except for the rally ones.

Fox Mulder

The random weather kind of breaks missions. It should always be the same conditions for fixed time challenges. Like the F1500T passing mission at Spa is supposed to be wet but you can keep reloading until you get a purple radar monsoon and the AI can’t drive in it.

Aenima

What makes these special to you?
Suzuka is a track i used to hate cuz i was so bad at it in old GTs, i eventually memorized the track in more recent GTs and became one of my favorite tracks. I like the S sections the most, and the long straight into a corner to another short straight where depending of your car you can do it without braking at very high speeds. The S sections also makes it my favorite track to practice drifting.

Nurburgring, is just an epic track with the most sense of speed. You drive at insane speeds in a very narrow track, mastering this track is super rewarding. Thers so many corners i always have to relearn how to drive on it if i stay away from it for some years.

Alsace Village is just a visually beauty location and track and i love the corners with inclination that lets you go fast.

La Sarthe is a classic, the stage of 24h Le Mans, is a track where you can drive very fast in the fastest cars and still feels kinda safe. Thers a very long straight where you can reach max speed in most cars, and some corners near the end of the track you can do them at insane speeds depending of car grip and downforce. This track feels better if drivin in very fast cars like Gr.1 cars.

Daytona, oval, is the kind of track i use just to chill and see cars going fast. It has a 24h day/night cicle and the interior track is also very cool for "proper" racing.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Suzuka is a track i used to hate cuz i was so bad at it in old GTs, i eventually memorized the track in more recent GTs and became one of my favorite tracks. I like the S sections the most, and the long straight into a corner to another short straight where depending of your car you can do it without braking at very high speeds.
Me too! The more i play it however the more i like it. Super challenging track, built from a mad man.
Nurburgring, is just an epic track with the most sense of speed. You drive at insane speeds in a very narrow track, mastering this track is super rewarding. Thers so many corners i always have to relearn how to drive on it if i stay away from it for some years.
Same for the Nordschleife. But it is still a love / hate relationship.
Alsace Village is just a visually beauty location and track and i love the corners with inclination that lets you go fast.
Yup... absolutely beautiful.
Daytona, oval, is the kind of track i use just to chill and see cars going fast. It has a 24h day/night cicle and the interior track is also very cool for "proper" racing.
I like it too. Was super fun last week in the sports event.

Cohetedor

I'm just happy we will be allowed to sell cars, as I keep winning duplicates of ones I already have. Won another pickup truck last night, I now have 3.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I saw someone with a Mr Bean Livery
Straight up Rowan Atkinson on the side of their car.
How they do that?

TrebleShot

Game of the year so far for me, can’t put it down.

If you want to take it to the next level turn the HUD off (I leave racing info on) and it becomes pure bliss, the brake warning seems to skew towards making you only just hit the corners no accounting for speed.

If you drive in the real world you can tap into your natural driving instincts and it’s very impressive.

Real Driving Simulator makes a lot more sense to me as an adult.

Markio128

Gold Member

I like most of the tracks, but Brands Hatch is my go to track - maybe because I’m from the UK - but most likely because I really enjoy the rhythm of the track, if you know what I mean.

Thaedolus

-They should have the RAM TRX and newer Raptor ecoboost for truck races…Tacoma TRD Pro and 6.2 Raptor aren't even close to those in terms of performance. I still took the Toyota and threw in the super charger to make it respectable. I’m guessing there just aren’t even truck races for them to care though

-Worst track is still the Tokyo one with the high walls, narrow road high speed stretches and blind turns complete with U turns. I hate that one and it seems like it shows up in the Menu Book a lot

-Best track is the Australia one with the elevation changes…in fact I think elevation changes are what I really like about tracks. Also Trial Mountain is a classic I never tire of

Aenima

Im just being lucky or does they increased the drop rate of the better prizes for the roulette since yesterday update? Yesterday i got a 1 star ticket from the daily workout and got the highest amount of credits in the ticket, today got a 4 star ticket from the daily workout and got a Gr.3 car (worth 450 000 credits)

Also finished all lincences with at least bronze so got another Gr.3 car woth 450k.

Two free gr.3 cars for my garage today, not bad for what was like 1 hour of gameplay. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom