• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

cormack12

Gold Member
Where do you paint your car? I figured the rest out but I bought a green body paint and thought it was applied from the GT auto. It's down as being purchased, I'm probably just missing something obvious where you put it on the car.

Also just did the menu book with nurg and it starts raining second lap.

dont-like-that.gif

Markio128

Gold Member
Where do you paint your car? I figured the rest out but I bought a green body paint and thought it was applied from the GT auto. It's down as being purchased, I'm probably just missing something obvious where you put it on the car.

dont-like-that.gif
I think the only way to paint your car is to go into the livery editor.

Fox Mulder

dont-like-that.gif
Livery editor.

I wanted to change a yellow 458 you get from cafe to factory Ferrari red, but it was a pain and wouldn’t render or something and I said forget it.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Im just being lucky or does they increased the drop rate of the better prizes for the roulette since yesterday update? Yesterday i got a 1 star ticket from the daily workout and got the highest amount of credits in the ticket, today got a 4 star ticket from the daily workout and got a Gr.3 car (worth 450 000 credits)

Also finished all lincences with at least bronze so got another Gr.3 car woth 450k.

Two free gr.3 cars for my garage today, not bad for what was like 1 hour of gameplay. :D
Lucky. Definitely lucky. :messenger_beaming:

Makki

Livery editor.

I wanted to change a yellow 458 you get from cafe to factory Ferrari red, but it was a pain and wouldn’t render or something and I said forget it.
This is a shit option when you want to change a used car to another OEM paint job. Common GT… why cant I pay to change all these lame black paintjobs and keep the decals intact on 80s/90s cars

Inviusx

I've given up on going for all Gold on the missions. I've golded the first 3 sets but damn it gets hard after that. It kills my OCD seeing bronze on the list but I'm just going to have to live with it 😑😑

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've given up on going for all Gold on the missions. I've golded the first 3 sets but damn it gets hard after that. It kills my OCD seeing bronze on the list but I'm just going to have to live with it 😑😑
I only do the missions a few times, repeating them (and the licenses) over and over makes me not want to play the game. Eliminating that has made it more enjoyable.

Fox Mulder

Most of them can be cheesed some way. Like all drag races can be done with an OP car like a tomahawk. The slipstream challenges can be reloaded until you get better wind speed and direction. I reloaded the f1500 wet spa challenge until I got a purple cloud monsoon and the AI couldn’t drive in it. The mileage trials jut require you to crawl at like 9 mph until you run out of gas.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gran Turismo 1 vs Gran Turismo 7 - Trial Mountain How it started / How it's Going

Timestamps
GT1 Gameplay 00:00
GT7 Gameplay 01:56
Side-by-Side 04:43
GT1 Replay 06:20
GT7 Replay 08:00
Side-by-Side 10:48

Please note Side-by-Side comparison has GT7 footage speed up to match GT1.

Gran Turismo 1 captured on PS3.
Gran Turismo 7 captured on PS5.

Aenima

Am i blind or is there no Lamborghini Diablo to be bought? The car is drivable in one of the license tests but isnt included in Brand Central? 🤨
Brand central only has cars from the years 2000 untill now. 1999 and older cars will be in the used car dealer or Legendary dealer.

Some cars that are available in brand central also appear in the used car dealer for a bit cheaper price.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Weird that the AI doesn't use IM in rainy races. I mean...why? Anyways if the AI don't use them then I'm not either, feels like cheating (which it is.. but isn't lol)

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

😁💗

In regards to my favorite tracks... Not sure yet =P

Btw I found this video helpful (I'm very much in the dark regarding tuning and upgrades what they are and do and such)

I'll try this one later for the Clubman + Tsukuba race. I'm to slow on getting on the gas when exiting corners and I would prefer to keep TC on 0. Perhaps this will lend some nuance

Con-Z-epT

Played now all of the single player events except for some of the 🌶️🌶️🌶️ races. These are quite challenging.

The 10 lap races are by far the best. I love it when you have multiple weather changes and some wonderful time lapse lighting. It's so incredible when each laps looks and feels different and you have to adjust on the fly. This is where the game really excels. More than 3 weeks since release and i can't put the game down or play something else.

DJ12

Played now all of the single player events except for some of the 🌶️🌶️🌶️ races. These are quite challenging.

The 10 lap races are by far the best. I love it when you have multiple weather changes and some wonderful time lapse lighting. It's so incredible when each laps looks and feels different and you have to adjust on the fly. This is where the game really excels. More than 3 weeks since release and i can't put the game down or play something else.
I always get nerfed by the ai in those races as they turn in on me. Especially the daytona races. Usually near the end so no chance of recovery.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I always get nerfed by the ai in those races as they turn in on me. Especially the daytona races. Usually near the end so no chance of recovery.

I like to pretend they're purposely slow and blocking me from overtaking in the earlier laps lol. Which ofcourse they do and is annoying af but it's good for practicing clean overtakes for the online races.

Last edited:

CZY

Weird that the AI doesn't use IM in rainy races. I mean...why? Anyways if the AI don't use them then I'm not either, feels like cheating (which it is.. but isn't lol)
I don’t know what’s going on with the AI. I saw people complaining and was confused bc I thought it was fine; but now that I’m using some better cars it’s really starting to make me scratch my head. Last night I was doing like 35-45 mph over most of the ending stages of a race, Ferrari & Bugatti right behind me, just driving like it’s not a race at all. THIRTY-FIVE MPH. No stress. Hardly any threat to pass me at all.

Was maybe the most disappointing thing I’ve witnessed in this game so far, and what it made me feel was “if you want competition, play online.” Pretty big fucking joke imo and has me really soured on playing rn tbh.

Aenima

I don’t know what’s going on with the AI. I saw people complaining and was confused bc I thought it was fine; but now that I’m using some better cars it’s really starting to make me scratch my head. Last night I was doing like 35-45 mph over most of the ending stages of a race, Ferrari & Bugatti right behind me, just driving like it’s not a race at all. THIRTY-FIVE MPH. No stress. Hardly any threat to pass me at all.

Was maybe the most disappointing thing I’ve witnessed in this game so far, and what it made me feel was “if you want competition, play online.” Pretty big fucking joke imo and has me really soured on playing rn tbh.
Play the 10 lap races with 4 peppers and you have very fast AI giving you a very though challenge. I had to buy a Nitro for my Gr.3 GT-R cuz the AI in the Gr.3 race in Daytona drives very fast and if you make a tiny mistake, they overtake you in a second. After 3 or 4 times i eventually came out in 1st. Great race against AI.

Most of the other races have the AI toned down, to be more casual friendly.

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma The one that was 70k and ppl used to farm creadits its still 30k. The 50k one its the 2 laps one. The one ppl farmed is just 1 lap. The increase in race rewards is planed to beginning of April.

Last edited:

Forsete

Play the 10 lap races with 4 peppers and you have very fast AI giving you a very though challenge. I had to buy a Nitro for my Gr.3 GT-R cuz the AI in the Gr.3 race in Daytona drives very fast and if you make a tiny mistake, they overtake you in a second. After 3 or 4 times i eventually came out in 1st. Great race against AI.

Agreed.

There are some really hard races in the game.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Let's see if they put some sophy in at a later date. I don't mind racing perfect laps to get the w but been there done that

Let's hope for some drama lol

Last edited:

Aenima

So what to do when you have 4.5 million credits and dont really have any cars you need to buy? Well, i spent 400k in a proper drift car and now im having alot of fun. This MOFO has 1052HP and its already fine tunned for drift as it was used in drift competitions by an ex drift champion. This car is also my 100th car in my garage.

23bfa57789fb2a62460671fe7e0d644c_photo.webp

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma The one that was 70k and ppl used to farm creadits its still 30k. The 50k one its the 2 laps one. The one ppl farmed is just 1 lap. The increase in race rewards is planed to beginning of April.
Yeah, I was looking at the wrong one, just realized that now since I unlocked them and finished all the menus this morning.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gran Turismo 1 vs Gran Turismo 7 - Trial Mountain How it started / How it's Going

Timestamps
GT2 Gameplay 00:00
GT7 Gameplay 02:02
Side-by-Side 04:00
GT2 Replay 05:40
GT7 Replay 07:30
Side-by-Side 09:30

Please note Side-by-Side comparison has GT7 footage speed up to match GT2.

Gran Turismo 2 captured on PS3.
Gran Turismo 7 captured on PS5.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There is one 70K World Tour race (World Touring Car 700) that is a bitch because the lead car never has to pit in 10 laps. That damned Suzuki Swift Sport beating Rari's and shit.

Guess I will just have to buy a Gr.4 Swift, detune to 700pp, use hard race tires and fuel map to 6 so I don't have to pit either, lol.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

There is one 70K World Tour race (World Touring Car 700) that is a bitch because the lead car never has to pit in 10 laps. That damned Suzuki Swift Sport beating Rari's and shit.

Guess I will just have to buy a Gr.4 Swift, detune to 700pp, use hard race tires and fuel map to 6 so I don't have to pit either, lol.
It's overall crazy how vastly different all the cars are in terms of tank size.

It's overall crazy how vastly different all the cars are in terms of tank size.
I wonder about that - do cars really have different gas tank sizes? Gas tank/consumption is one of those things I would have assumed is artificially made standard across all cars, but it would be pretty crazy if it really is different. I wonder what else is unique per car that isn't specifically identified... Like is a racing soft tire the same for every car, or do some cars have better ones?

Con-Z-epT

I wonder about that - do cars really have different gas tank sizes?
Yes, cars have different sized tanks for fuel. That's real. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Gas tank/consumption is one of those things I would have assumed is artificially made standard across all cars, but it would be pretty crazy if it really is different.
Lol no...
I wonder what else is unique per car that isn't specifically identified... Like is a racing soft tire the same for every car, or do some cars have better ones?
Depends on how aggressive the car can be handled. The harder you drive the faster the same tire will wear throughout different cars.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I wonder about that - do cars really have different gas tank sizes? Gas tank/consumption is one of those things I would have assumed is artificially made standard across all cars, but it would be pretty crazy if it really is different. I wonder what else is unique per car that isn't specifically identified... Like is a racing soft tire the same for every car, or do some cars have better ones?
Yes, cars have different sized tanks for fuel. That's real. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Lol no...

Depends on how aggressive the car can be handled. The harder you drive the faster the same tire will wear throughout different cars.
I do notice that cars have different lap ratings in the fuel mapping though. So either MPG is taken into account by the car, or the build/power ratio.

Aenima

I always use hard tires and depending of the competition i use the fuel map at 6 always for the 10 lap races.

I have done a 10 lap race without pitting this way and ended up winning by a huge margin, but most races i have to pit at lap 7 or 8 using my Gr.3 or Gr.4 GT-R. Its still lesss time i stay in the boxes cuz dont need to refuel a full tank.

And already got my 3 favorite Ferraris from my childhood.

07cbb4d0defff2cfcb93be8415ed14eb_photo.webp

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always use hard tires and depending of the competition i use the fuel map at 6 always for the 10 lap races.

I have done a 10 lap race without pitting this way and ended up winning by a huge margin, but most races i have to pit at lap 7 or 8 using my Gr.3 or Gr.4 GT-R. Its still lesss time i stay in the boxes cuz dont need to refuel a full tank.

And already got my 3 favorite Ferraris from my childhood.

07cbb4d0defff2cfcb93be8415ed14eb_photo.webp
Which cars have you been getting 10 laps with?

Even when I map to 6, it seems different cars have different lap ratings per tank.

Aenima

Yes cars have diferent gas tanks in the game. I found out about this by trying to take a tunned Skyline against Gr.4 cars. And after 2 laps i was already running out of fuel, the Gr.4 or Gr.3 cars usually last 5-6 laps in the same consitions.

Last edited:
Interesting... That probably skews the viable cars towards racing built ones. A standard car is going to have a normal sized fuel tank, and adding a ton of horsepower will destroy it. Like I'm reading now an 1989 Skyline has a 19 gallon tank, whereas a GT500 car has a 32 gallon one. Even if you upgrade the Skyline to be competitive the gas tank will always put you at a severe disadvantage.

I'm surprised larger fuel tanks isn't a tuning option.
Yes cars have diferent gas tanks in the game. I found out about this by trying to take a tunned Skyline against Gr.4 cars. And after 2 laps i was already running out of fuel, the Gr.4 or Gr.5 cars usually last 5-6 laps in the same consitions.
You read my mind with the car example lol

Aenima

Which cars have you been getting 10 laps with?

Even when I map to 6, it seems different cars have different lap ratings per tank.
I have been using my sponsored cars. Nissan GT-R Gr.4 and Gr.3. Mostly i use the Gr.3 one. But the car usually only last 7 laps in map 6 fuel.
Dont remember what race i managed to do 10 laps without pitting. Some races have different tire and fuel consumption multipliers.

Top Bottom