• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

NickFire

The camera shake, modeled interiors, lighting, etc, make it so hard not to play in that mode.
I'm adding the feeling when you pass someone too.

I've always gone 3rd person view in racers. Took me a little while to figure out the buttons, so I did a race in first. It made passing someone feel way cooler than 3rd person view.

Aenima

So my hype for this game was very high, and somehow the game still managed to surpass my expectations. What a classy MOFO. The menus, the presentation, that Jazz, and classic music. Chef Kiss.

When it comes to visuals, physics, content, feautures, everething is 1 or many steps above GT Sport. I just wanted to do the 42km of the daily workout so i could go back to Elden Ring, and ended up doing 80km and had to force myself to actually stop playing. :D

so-good-james-franco.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm adding the feeling when you pass someone too.

I've always gone 3rd person view in racers. Took me a little while to figure out the buttons, so I did a race in first. It made passing someone feel way cooler than 3rd person view.
Especially if you have a good surround system or use 3D audio headphones, the sound is really immersive in the cabin.

Last edited:

J3nga

By default all cars have steering wheel on the right, is there a way to change that? Haven't been able to find in the settings.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
By default all cars have steering wheel on the right, is there a way to change that? Haven't been able to find in the settings.
Only in the countries that drive and produce the models that way. Not sure if it can be changed, I don't believe so.

Aenima

Japanese cars and UK cars will have sterring wheel on the right side. Has always been a thing with GT games. They keep the cars original to the country of origin.

DZ_b_EZ

Here in Dallas-Fort Worth, the game is physically sold out almost everywhere in-store except for Target. Best Buy seems to have some PS4 copies hanging around.

I'm glad I pre-ordered the anniversary edition at the last minute on Amazon but I won't play until next weekend.

Reave

Be straight with me. Is this a good game for sim-racing newbies that aren't car enthusiasts?

I'm a Burnout and Forza Horizon guy, but open-minded. Little freaky.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Be straight with me. Is this a good game for sim-racing newbies that aren't car enthusiasts?

I'm a Burnout and Forza Horizon guy, but open-minded. Little freaky.
Very accessible and the learning curve is generous. At some point you have to learn the ins and outs but by that time you may already be hooked. I think there is something for everyone here. I'm not a good driver and i have a lot of fun.

It is still a simulation so you should be ready to git gud.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I've been playing this off n on since 2:30 am, lol.

So, one thing that made me drop older GT games was car handling. The handling in this is good. Really good. I dont feel like I cant control the car, or its spinning out of control.

I could spend days with Scapes and GT-Auto alone.

I set the Auto Demo to 60 seconds, give me that screensaver faster.

Been flipping back n forth on using ray tracing mode. The last race replay I saw helped me decide, I'm keeping it on. That and the Cafe.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Here in Dallas-Fort Worth, the game is physically sold out almost everywhere in-store except for Target. Best Buy seems to have some PS4 copies hanging around.

I'm glad I pre-ordered the anniversary edition at the last minute on Amazon but I won't play until next weekend.
hello fellow dallas friend!

The "PS4" code that comes with the 25th Anniversary Edition - it is actually for the PS4 version right, and not both the PS4/PS5 version? The wording is kinda vague on the card and I want to figure out if I should sell the code or the disc lol

bender

What time is it?
It's going to sound weird but as soon as I was directed to wash my car, I was flooded with memories of playing GT on the PS2. It's really nice to have a return to form for the single player. I'm not much of a simulation fan to be honest but the obvious love poured into the GT series has always been endearing and appealing to me. I'm in love with the Dual Sense in this game, going over the rhythmic bumps on Tokyo Expressway is a joy. It was really neat to drive behind someone in the rain or how the light floods the cabin from a trailing car's headlights. I'm not much of a graphics whore these days and I know it's been popular to downplay the visuals as "cross-gen" or whatever, but I do think this game is beautiful. The load times are also going to make it really difficult to ever boot Sport up again and I'm starting to wonder if I should just reclaim my 100GB of storage.

Just got all Golds on my National B License.

Ok the wireless steering is WAY too fucking sensitive, what the hell. This is almost unplayable, I barely move the controller and it's acting like I am doing a full turn.

Edit: it fixed itself somehow, my first few races were completely messed up but it's like it was in Sport now.

Last edited:
1mQcYmc.jpg

I know the game has some issues (don't know what's going on with the MTX situation but it doesn't sound great TBH), but I think it's fair to say that in terms of lighting, this is the best racer on the market. Shots like this, and the way time of day dynamically progresses as you race, can attest to this.

I can't picture playing this without a racing wheel, but it's definitely something on my radar down the line. Hope y'all playing the game right now are enjoying your time regardless!

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Just made it to Brand Central, the first new car dealership showroom.

I could stay here for days just looking at different Scapes. Each car has a Scape. PD legit showed off with the visuals.

Alpha Male

Ok the wireless steering is WAY too fucking sensitive, what the hell. This is almost unplayable, I barely move the controller and it's acting like I am doing a full turn.
FYI, You can change the sensitivity from 0 to 5 in settings

I personally think it is awesome and a pleasant surprise since I wasn't even considering it before. Now I'm going to be using it all the time with cockpit view.

Esca

The only thing I find wanting is voice acting for the characters instead of plain text. Just seems like something they forgot with when making the slick presentation

Pagusas

Elden Member
The only thing I find wanting is voice acting for the characters instead of plain text. Just seems like something they forgot with when making the slick presentation

given how prevalent the text is, it seems like it was an intentional choice.

i’m also kinda disappointed with the cafe and “museums”. they are so generic and lack any real depth, more they are just standard fair boiler plates/stuff you’d find on a company website. I wish they really had went in depth, made cool videos or opened it up for the companies to give them videos. In Dallas we have the Toyota HQ, I did a tour of it and the museum alone in it had enough content to fill up several blu-ray’s. wish they’d have had some of that stuff.

Also I really wish we could walk around the dealership mall in 3D and walk up to the cars.

I personally think it is awesome and a pleasant surprise since I wasn't even considering it before. Now I'm going to be using it all the time with cockpit view.
Oh I love it, it blew me away how good it felt to use in GT Sport. This just seems a bit too sensitive, though maybe I need to get used to it.

rolandss

So after finally installing the game which took all day, I was able to play a decent amount of time last night. I’m really really impressed with the game on PS5 and I feel like it’ll be my favourite game for quite some time, at least until GT8 comes out.

It’s an improvement on Sport in every way and back to the GT games of old. Graphically on PS5 I think it’s really really impressive and anyone who thinks it’s just GT Sport needs to play this on a TV themselves and stop watching videos. I was worried a bit coming in it’d be held back by being cross-gen but it does feel really really good and next gen. The time/lighting and weather systems are the best I’ve seen implemented in any racing game. Dual sense is also terrific.

The changes to physics and handling are much more of a challenge and make it more realistic. For me the comparison is Time Trial on Tsukuba Circuit in a Toyota GT86. In Sport in a stock 86 on Sports Soft tires I can lap in the mid to high 1 minute 8 second laps. In GT7, same car but with a few minor performance mods, 1 minute 10 seconds with a couple high 1 minute 9 seconds. This is much closer to real life lap times in similar cars (for anyone who watched Hot Version you’ll know what I mean).

I really love the mods and vast array of them. The small things like visible brake and exhaust mods, and the body kits are really great. I was able to make a pretty accurate version of my own car, and was loving it in custom races.

AI seems improved over Sport and if you take a car of similar or slightly lesser power they can be a challenge, but I would have liked them to be harder. Also as others have complained about, I don’t think the chase style campaign races are ideal but I was able to find a number of grid start races that are a genuine challenge, particularly in the cars I built for the races.

I just can’t wait to play more!

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just one hour in and so far I've gotten all golds on the B-1 License and about to finish the Sunday Cup Classics races.

Game is fantastic. I've been playing in cockpit POV and it's so damn good. The other POVs are boring now.

Controller haptics are indeed amazing like others have stated.

Unknown?

Tough crowd, I guess they were waiting for another car. The graphics look nice but they should've made their head/body turn if they are going to put people in such a prime spot of a shot, do you think they'll update that?
When you're walking down the street do you turn and react to every car that drives by?

Actually I take back my complaint, now that I'm racing in the full game it feels fine - no idea what was going on when I first started lol

Stuart360

People can moan about the graphics but one area where GT is ahead of the rest is still that glorious lighting. I dont know why so many games cant get this realistic lighting like this.
Also is the game too easy for some of you?. I dont have the game but watched DrDisrespect's Fanduel stream and he hasnt played a GT game (or racing game) since thre PS2 days and he put everything on the hardest difficulty, bought a Lambo for his first car, and he was just wasting everyone and has barely left the track once lol.

Last edited:

PSYGN

When you're walking down the street do you turn and react to every car that drives by?

I feel like you're trying to make a point, but in the context of the image I'm quoting it doesn't make sense.

Or maybe it does? They look like they work at the track. Just another day, maybe taking some measurements for Gran Turismo 8.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
People can moan about the graphics but one area where GT is ahead of the rest is still that glorious lighting. I dont know why so many games cant get this realistic lighting like this.
Also is the game too easy for some of you?. I dont have the game but watched DrDisrespect's Fanduel stream and he hasnt played a GT game (or racing game) since thre PS2 days and he put everything on the hardest difficulty, bought a Lambo for his first car, and he was just wasting everyone and has barely left the track once lol.
A lot of the first races don't have a Performance Point limit and are easy. So with a Lambo out the gate it's going to be super easy. There's also lots of settings to assist you that he may have on.

That being said, I wouldn't say the game is hard, but can be challenging.

Top Bottom