• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
As much as i appreciate the options to customize the hud it's not enough. Why can't i disable or enable each part individually or even change the position entirely? Adjustable size would also be nice.

If i drive some of those fancy Japanese cars and sit on the right my rearview mirror is completely useless because of the hud.

Nankatsu

People playing this and I'm stuck at work.

I'm on the same boat my portuguese friend, don't worry.

You're not alone.

the lion king hug GIF

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I went to sleep a couple of hours early last night to wake up for the midnight unlock. What a delight this game is, everything about it feels premium. I expected to put an hour in just to get started, but was hooked was playing it for 2.5hrs.

The music rally, is fantastic, the way they do the objectives via the Cafe is a nice way of presenting those tasks. It all looks and plays great.

The speed of loading on PS5 and the fact I have it digitally, now means that Gran Turismo 7 is now effectively going to become an OS level feature. I can just hop into a quick race or license trial immediately between other gaming sessions.

PanzerAzel

After placing a few more hours into this, I can’t help but feel that such an indulgence into the source material can, at times, feel to be a detrimental imposition to its pacing more than I’d like. This comes off as more of a cinematically structured examination of car culture than it does a game based around it. But, I am still very early on, so maybe I’m just feeling like the driving has taken a (pardon the pun) back seat, and this feeling will eventually lift as I unlock more cars and tracks.

This is not to say I’m not enjoying myself or the driving is bad, but I can say I’m glad I’m playing this on a PS5 with minimal load times. I can understand a critique of how this all could feel overbearing.

Markio128

Gold Member
I went to sleep a couple of hours early last night to wake up for the midnight unlock. What a delight this game is, everything about it feels premium. I expected to put an hour in just to get started, but was hooked was playing it for 2.5hrs.

The music rally, is fantastic, the way they do the objectives via the Cafe is a nice way of presenting those tasks. It all looks and plays great.

The speed of loading on PS5 and the fact I have it digitally, now means that Gran Turismo 7 is now effectively going to become an OS level feature. I can just hop into a quick race or license trial immediately between other gaming sessions.
Yeah, completing the licences was really enjoyable due to the load times. I had to do a few of them a number of times to get the gold, so it was a real blessing.

Can I just give props to the car audio as well. Even the compact cars sound great! I turned the in game music off and found the audio to be really good. I eventually picked up a Mitsubishi GTO and it sounded awesome.

SLB1904

Banned
Yeah, completing the licences was really enjoyable due to the load times. I had to do a few of them a number of times to get the gold, so it was a real blessing.

Can I just give props to the car audio as well. Even the compact cars sound great! I turned the in game music off and found the audio to be really good. I eventually picked up a Mitsubishi GTO and it sounded awesome.
The audio in this game is fantastic. And I just heard from YouTube. Can't wait to hear through my headphones

For all those with Discs but full 96gb downloads, apparently if you insert the disc for the install with internet disconnected, it will prioritize installing from the disc rather then the servers. Think this is a PS5 thing.

Apparently.

Last edited:

Outlier

Just tried the music rally mode for 10 minutes while waiting for the game to finish downloading and I had to put the PS5 into rest mode, out of frustration.

Please tell me there are options to tune the trigger resistance level in the full options menu, because they were so strong it took me out of game. Also can we adjust the chase cam functions like in GTSport? And I'm also guessing the PS5 can't handle a FOV farther than 1 foot away from the steering wheel or am I wrong?

Graphics look like slightly upgraded (frame rate mode) GTSport... a several year old game. I hope the gameplay is worth it...

I'm getting a nasty gut feeling that I'm having another "Sonic games suck now" moment, like I did back in my teens.

Please tell me the real game is better than this, guys!

the matrix GIF

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Digital all the way my friend. Disks are useless when games are stored on internal memory that is faster than the disk.

But my internet connection is not faster than internal memory. I live in a 3rd world country when it comes to internet speeds (The Netherlands).

I got Forbidden West on a disc and most of its data was actually installed from the disc. I was playing in minutes, not hours.

Just tried the music rally mode for 10 minutes while waiting for the game to finish downloading and I had to put the PS5 into rest mode, out of frustration.

Please tell me there are options to tune the trigger resistance level in the full options menu, because they were so strong it took me out of game. Also can we adjust the chase cam functions like in GTSport? And I'm also guessing the PS5 can't handle a FOV farther than 1 foot away from the steering wheel or am I wrong?

Graphics look like slightly upgraded (frame rate mode) GTSport... a several year old game. I hope the gameplay is worth it...

I'm getting a nasty gut feeling that I'm having another "Sonic games suck now" moment, like I did back in my teens.

the matrix GIF
You can do the bolded part at least

Played all 3 Music rally tracks on PS5. My Quick Take.

• Looks Stunning
  • Cars handle well with a decent sense of speed
  • The first Music Rally soundtrack is perfectly suited and sounds great
  • Bit meh on the in car camera, seems to limit the view somewhat
  • Opponents Seem really easy to pass, little in the way of defending a place. This might just be as it's the Music Rally. Hope it's better in game

I can't really say much else, still downloading. But on first look, it feels great.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Played all 3 Music rally tracks on PS5. My Quick Take.

• Looks Stunning
  • Cars handle well with a decent sense of speed
  • The first Music Rally soundtrack is perfectly suited and sounds great
  • Bit meh on the in car camera, seems to limit the view somewhat
  • Opponents Seem really easy to pass, little in the way of defending a place. This might just be as it's the Music Rally. Hope it's better in game

I can't really say much else, still downloading. But on first look, it feels great.

I'm surely not the only one needing to be able to hear my engine sounds for shifting and such? I rely so much on auditory feedback.. Having music on the background feels so weird. Never have it on. Such a gimmicky mode IMO.

Last edited:
I'm surely not the only one needing to be able to my engine sounds for shifting and such? I rely so much on auditory feedback..
No, to be fair, I was playing Music Rally and the music seems to cover any noticeable engine sounds, but that may be either I wasn't listening close enough or the music really does just mask it. As for in actual racing, haven't got that far yet.

Markio128

Gold Member

the matrix GIF
Nobody can convince you into enjoying a game mate. I personally haven’t experienced any issues with anything you raised, but I can tell you that the in-car view can be amended in the menu.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No, to be fair, I was playing Music Rally and the music seems to cover any noticeable engine sounds, but that may be either I wasn't listening close enough or the music really does just mask it. As for in actual racing, haven't got that far yet.

Yeah I know, I tried it as well but after some time I let the game download itself properly. It's just not for me but I knew that the moment I saw it in one of those hype trailers. Happy some folks like it though. Not hating =)

Ryuji Goda

I'm surely not the only one needing to be able to hear my engine sounds for shifting and such? I rely so much on auditory feedback.. Having music on the background feels so weird. Never have it on. Such a gimmicky mode IMO.
I feel the same. I was shifting based on the rev counter in the bottom right

Markio128

Gold Member
Worth pointing out that the audio is auto selected for surround sound, so if you are playing through a stereo TV, make sure you select this option in the audio menu.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I feel the same. I was shifting based on the rev counter in the bottom right

Haha same here mate. It was like playing Halo without hearing your shots coming out lol. Oh well.. Just an observation. All love here for this game <3

Last edited:

DJ12

the matrix GIF
Press pause and you should see some settings at the bottom of the screen, controller being one of them, didn't check in music rally mode, but cannot see a reason why it's not available from there.

Don't really understand your Sonic reference, this is easily the best gt game for many years, probably the best ever based on first impressions.

As a car fanatic though, the game speaks to me directly. YMMV.

Last edited:
Just got my PS5 steelbook copy of the game today from Amazon but I'm stuck at work until 4:30pm but good times ahead for the weekend at least! :)

I am a little disappointed though that game isn't a perfectly locked 60 fps like the Forza Motorsport games on Xbox where the developers have optimised the hell out of the engine and use dynamic settings at a fixed 4K to maintain a very, very stable framerate. That is vital for a racing game as any dips in the framerate during gameplay are going to be noticeable and felt, particularly on a console such as the PS5 which currently lacks VRR support. I concur with the developers decision to stick with native 4K for a pristine image quality on modern TVs but wish that they'd resorted to using a dynamic resolution for the particles, which apparently always display at full resolution, to keep the framerate at 60 fps. From the tech review I've seen, it is clear that the game can struggle with these and even dips to 59 or 58 fps during gameplay is going to noticed on the PS5 as judder.

I am fine with framerate drops during replays though as you only watch those but hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) we will soon get VRR added to the PS5 and GT7 will absolutely benefit from this for owners of VRR-capable TVs (ironically likely those of us who do not own Sony TVs!).

Last edited:

Outlier

Press pause and you should see some settings at the bottom of the screen, controller being one of them, didn't check in music rally mode, but cannot see a reason why it's not available from there.

Don't really understand your Sonic reference, this is easily the best gt game for many years, probably the best ever based on first impressions.

As a car fanatic though, the game speaks to me directly. YMMV.
I was playing in the "wait for download to finish" mode, which locks you into 3 music rally choices, so I'm assuming that many options are locked until the whole game is downloaded, which is what I was asking about.

The Sonic reference relates to the personal feeling that this might not be a series for me, anymore.

I'm just hoping that my first impression is a short sighted one.

clarky

Gold Member
How's the AI in this? Felt like it was a weak point in the earlier titles, although i've not played GT in such a long time, bar a quick blast on sport.

SkylineRKR

Game sounds amazing throug Pulse 3D. Even the Demio roars.

I golded the whole lot of B license. The prize car was a huge throwback to GT1. Love it.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Man is that download bar in the music rally screen even moving. And why is it an in-game download so I can't even Elden Ring.

Btw, where's the official soundtrack i get with the 25th edition? I did the pre-loading thing when you preorder, and once i started the game i got the money, the extra cars...but what about the extra soundtrack?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Fuck the developers for forcing the pre-order credits into the game, I'm fucking hate that I can't start the progression as normal thanks to them shoving 100,000 credits into my account without me even having an option to decline.

kikii

Gold Member
Fuck the developers for forcing the pre-order credits into the game, I'm fucking hate that I can't start the progression as normal thanks to them shoving 100,000 credits into my account without me even having an option to decline.
well u would have 30k anyways :p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It actually delayed the credits for you to pick your Japanese compact. I stayed on the screen looking at all the cars for 10 minutes and then it updated. Same happened for my buddy.

Bought the $141K '09 GT3. Not even sorry. :pie_sfwt:

Last edited:

DJ12

No ones forcing you to buy a decent car.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Lol shits WAY less forgiving when accelerating out of a corner without TC. Love it. I have a feeling you have more nuance with a DualSense... I'll find out eventually. Loading times are same as on Sport on Pro. No biggie

Last edited:
Top Bottom