• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Cohetedor

I've seen this six times after completing a race, no progress saved. And I haven't lost connection to the internet once, it's playstation network.
lmYMznt.jpg

rolandss

Had pretty much the exact experience as you fellow Aus bro. Picked up the game at 10, installed the "music rally" mode and the waited 3.5 hours for the rest to download.

It sucked, an absolute waste of a disc. Oh and I took the day off from work as well haha. I'm in now and just started the campaign and got all gold on the National B license. A bit painful getting here but that's life I guess.
So I ended up waiting all day for it to install, but I was told today by a friend that if you want your PS5 to install off the disc in this situation, delete the game, disconnect it from the internet first and then insert the disc and it’ll install the whole game from the disc. Then you only need to download patches. Apparently happens with some other games too. Totally weird.

rolandss

How’s everyone finding the new physics compared to sport? I feel they’re way less forgiving and more realistic. I’m actually finding some of the license tests hard and I’m doing much slower lap times in the same car and circuits compared to sport.

Suspension physics really are noticeable now. Weird but awesome! I'm sitting in the chair instead of being 4 tires if that makes sense.
2 things i underestimated before playing this game and make all the difference:

- Dual Sense implementation is superb if you use L2 and R2 to accelerate and break. Plus you can feel EVERYTHING with the controller;
- Audio is just on another level. Not just on Gran Turismo but i have been noticing that with most PlayStation 1st party games. I have a Steelseries 7P and holy shit. You hear everything if you're inside the cockpit from the rain, the gears, the wind if you go too fast, the cars outside...etc and if you have your rear view your car sounds like an actual car. It was better on GT Sport but here it's another level.

The experience has been amazing for me so far. I'm at work and i only want to get back to it in a bit, lmao.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Its a Gran Turismo game. And if you never enjoyed these before, you're not going to love this either. But if you like the insane details, trivia, the fact its more of a driving game than a racing game, liked GT Sport then this is for you.

GT7 feels like they mashed up GT4 with GT Sport and then some. Its fully featured and I would say its the best one since GT4. Perhaps the best one of the lot since I found GTS to be already just that as it had the best gameplay, sounds and online play of them all.

LostDonkey

Whoever greenlit S-10 as a final challenge is an absolute cunt.

Let's take one of the hardest tracks on the planet, put you in one of the most difficult cars to drive and we will make the edges of the racing line damp so that if you so much as stray off it you die.

Fuck me.

Edit: GOLD!

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I tried a race without any assitance and it went quite well. I put the gear to manual and forgot to shift here and there. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

On the one hand it sure is more challenging but on the other it is a completely different feeling of control that i really liked.

Manual shifting should be your standard. It'll take some time getting used to it but you'll have far more control in the end. Down shifting helps a lot with your rotation in corners for example. And some cars really depend on red barring before an upshift.

Regarding traction control; try to put it on 2 and work your way down depending on your car. I'm not ashamed to admit I use TC1 for Gr3 seeing I'm using a pad. See TC automatically senses when you give to much input and therefore alleviates your wheelspin so you don't spin out. But it also slows down acceleration when used. Throttle control as the term says..

Also I'm a noob/pleb so yeah just trying to help

Last edited:

Skifi28

How’s everyone finding the new physics compared to sport? I feel they’re way less forgiving and more realistic. I’m actually finding some of the license tests hard and I’m doing much slower lap times in the same car and circuits compared to sport.
I'd say it's a big improvement in many ways, though it's hard to know where physics end and where it's the dualsense that makes the difference, but I'll take it. I have the feeling that oversteer on RW cars might be a bit overdone, but I haven't played enough to have a full opinion yet.

LostDonkey

The rally driving is abysmal as usual. Why they persist with it when there's much better rally options on the market I don't know. Not when their tarmac model is so nice.

PanzerAzel

Fuck the developers for forcing the pre-order credits into the game, I'm fucking hate that I can't start the progression as normal thanks to them shoving 100,000 credits into my account without me even having an option to decline.
This is odd, because I’m wondering the exact opposite. Have the extra three cars, yet the extra money is absent.

SLB1904

Banned
Just to be clear,

- This is from within GT7
- Option to add credits via store
- Enter until you get the credits view and tiers
- Exit store portal
- Pop into your account a few moments later
Nvm it doesn't work for me. I bought the game on us psn I play in my UK account

edit: eh at least i got the pre order cars lol

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Only got to play for 30 mins this morning:
-Gatdamn the graphics pop on a C1. I chose fidelity mode since I don’t care if replays are 30FPS and it really looks next gen
-Dual Sense feels great. The clunk of changing gears, the feedback changing based on terrain and traction, the adaptive triggers…feels like dual sense was made for this
-I love the GT style presentation where everything feels so classy it’s cheesy. I haven’t really played GT since 5 so I missed it

Pagusas

Elden Member
so far impressions:

+ music is amazing, absolutely love it
+ love the return to classic GT Feel
+ the cars feel amazing
+ the load times! they are perfect, this is what modern GT needed to feel like a 100% high quality product. love love love it.

- I already bitched about them forcing the preorder bonus cars and credits on you, kills the feeling of progression and starting from nothing: All developers STOP DOING THIS. Make start of game bonuses optional to claim or put them behind completing a certain progress marker in the game.

- The Sunday Cup events need to be gated to only certain cars or strong PP limits. even right away I can blow away the field with compact cars when doing the Europe classic races. Why do these allow you to use any car? it’s immersion breaking.

- Why is there no VO for the game host? is it that expensive to hire a few VO artist to do things like the cafe stuff? I love all the information they give… but imagine the original Need For Speed voice over guy or the Mass Effect 1 codec guy doing some amazing reads, would make it a very relaxing experience.

so basically this game is amazing, it just has some presentation issues that aren’t fully baked, and a lack of proper gating for some races that makes one scatch their head and wonder who was in charge of play testing and feedback. all stuff that can be easily fixed (if they so wish too)

Last edited:

DJ12

so far impressions:

+ music is amazing, absolutely love it
+ love the return to classic GT Feel
+ the cars feel amazing
+ the load times! they are perfect, this is what modern GT needed to feel like a 100% high quality product. love love love it.

- I already bitched about them forcing the preorder bonus cars and credits on you, kills the feeling of progression and starting from nothing: All developers STOP DOING THIS. Make start of game bonuses optional to claim or put them behind completing a certain progress marker in the game.

- The Sunday Cup events need to be gated to only certain cars or strong PP limits. even right away I can blow away the field with compact cars when doing the Europe classic races. Why do these allow you to use any car? it’s immersion breaking.

- Why is there no VO for the game host? is it that expensive to hire a few VO artist to do things like the cafe stuff? I love all the information they give… but imagine the original Need For Speed voice over guy or the Mass Effect 1 codec guy doing some amazing reads, would make it a very relaxing experience.

so basically this game is amazing, it just has some presentation issues that aren’t fully baked, and a lack of proper gating for some races that makes one scatch their head and wonder who was in charge of play testing and feedback. all stuff that can be easily fixed (if they so wish too)
Sounds like your main problem is with your own self restraint.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Sounds like your main problem is with your own self restraint.

sure, but many games can be that way, imagine Elden Ring starting you off with a machine gun that can one hit kill all the first bosses, i’m pretty sure people would find that annoying even if they choose to turn a blind eye to it. Progression from nothing is what made GT different, it’s an RPG with cars in a way, and I find some of their little choices defeating if their profession system.

Question from someone who never played a GT game before.

I am not a big fan of simulator type of games. I like racing games such as Burnout, Need for Speed and most recently the Forza Horizon franchise due to their arcadey feel.

However, I am a big car nut in real life and owned and drove many vehicles from the Mercerdes E Coupes to Range Rover Velars. Currently driving a 2022 Lexus IS. So, I do like my cars.

I heard GT7 is quite addicting and fun to grind. Is there a way to make the game feel more arcadey in terms of controls and how the cars handle? I hate gear shifting and all that manual crap. I just want to hold a button and race.

SLB1904

Banned
damn that pre order supra and my dd pro in gt gr3 cup. i have no words.. first difference from the wheel feedback. there is grip at every moment, amazing stuff. and the ai is aggressive as hell
I heard GT7 is quite addicting and fun to grind. Is there a way to make the game feel more arcadey in terms of controls and how the cars handle? I hate gear shifting and all that manual crap. I just want to hold a button and race.
gran turismo is very casual friendly, you will not have any probably. there are loads of assists even one that brakes for you. great for kids

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
is the Clean Race Bonus broken? i spun out, hit a wall, and still got the clean race bonus as a reward. i’ve got it every single time now, even when occasionally bumping the ai.

DJ12

sure, but many games can be that way, imagine Elden Ring starting you off with a machine gun that can one hit kill all the first bosses, i’m pretty sure people would find that annoying even if they choose to turn a blind eye to it. Progression from nothing is what made GT different, it’s an RPG with cars in a way, and I find some of their little choices defeating if their profession system.
I get your argument, I just don't get why it's a big deal.

You've obviously put some mods on your car and walked away with a race or 2 barely seeing a challenger, but that's your choice.

The game doesn't force you to.

I have 1.6 million in the bank in the game and only spent on the first car thats part of the tutorial.

Granted the first 5 gt games I played I took a hopelessly op'd car to every race, but now I'm older I'm choosing to play it a different way.

Many people will still play this way. It's a choice. You've made it and now your moaning about it like it's PDs fault.

damn that pre order supra and my dd pro in gt gr3 cup. i have no words.. first difference from the wheel feedback. there is grip at every moment, amazing stuff. and the ai is aggressive as hell

gran turismo is very casual friendly, you will not have any probably. there are loads of assists even one that brakes for you. great for kids
Great for kids? Lol can't tell.if you sre being genuine or sarcastic. I know how to use breaks lol.

Top Bottom