• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Movie | First Look and Logo Revealed (Coming August 11, 2023)

I‘m positive about good movies. This year The Batman, Top Gun, Everthing Everywhere…

What you’re actually mad about is me not liking stuff that you do.

So before anything is even out for this movie its going to be trash/bad? That's your take? All movies have to be Oscar nominated according to you. GTFO 😂

And BTW I don't give a rats ass what you like.

FunkMiller

So before anything is even out for this movie its going to be trash/bad? That's your take? All movies have to be Oscar nominated according to you. GTFO 😂

And BTW I don't give a rats ass what you like.

Theres a good chance it’s going to be bad, if they think someone like David Harbour is suitable to portray a GT1 driver. Shows a real lack of understanding and knowledge about the sport.

If you don’t give a rats ass, then why even comment?

Theres a good chance it’s going to be bad, if they think someone like David Harbour is suitable to portray a GT1 driver. Shows a real lack of understanding and knowledge about the sport.

If you don’t give a rats ass, then why even comment?

Maybe they should've hire you then since you've consulted on a few movie projects 🙄

Dorago

Please make a Tetris movie next. Then a Farming Simulator '22 moive. Finally a Euro Truck simulator movie. Then a Twitch Streamer rags to riches movie. Finally a movie about a fatass 40 years old man finding love through his obsession with NES games.

supernova8

Banned
There's actually a fantastic story here, and that's what they are banking on: a true story of a video gamer who used to play Gran Turismo games at home, decided to become a professional racer, and achieves his dream. He has raced with professionals now on famous tracks like Daytona and Le Mans.

That is a wonderful story and a perfect advert for the Gran Turismo video games too.
Oh I see in that case I stand corrected on saying there's no story. That said, I still think it will end up being a mega cringe-fest unless Kaz Yamauchi is barred from even stepping foot on the set.

supernova8

Banned
Fuck man, are you always this negative when it comes to anything related to movies? I've noticed this in the Avatar and DCEU threads too.

Neogaf is the one site where I consistently see people wanting things to fail. Its fucking bizarre.
If I'm consistently negative I can only ever be pleasantly surprised or proved right.

Neolombax

Cannot imagine what the movie would be about, a young kid getting into racing but has romance in it? What a franchise to turn into a movie. Why not make a Resistance movie, seems right up the directors alley. But I'll keep an open mind, could be good.

xrnzaaas

Well the synopsis could be worse, at least the one they picked makes sense. I still have 0 interest in watching it.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
This could be a great movie. A kid gets into the eGaming scene, leaves school to do it, is a social outcast because of it. To perform better, and to deal with the negative shit he has to endure beeing in a shitty eSport boyband, hes taking drugs. Slowly he is in a drug induced GT winning steak. On his final game in the WC tournament that could get him a seat in GT3 sport cars, he overdoses on the toilet... fin.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
looks to be the total opposite of Fast and furious movies
Whenever I see the fast and furious movies I imagine this scene.

D6U3TK6YGZBRXHHMPPEU2SAJ64.JPG

Luxury vehicles.

But the protagonists live in the neighborhood of El chavo del 8

HIUF6LLF5ZFPXAJC5EG7TR52TY.jpg

Drizzlehell

Banned
So it's basically The Wizard but with a downtrodden black minority dude who plays Gran Turismo at home instead of a sperg kid who plays Mario around pizza parlors.

Got it.

Last edited:

Tams

Some Gen Z bull in that, but it looks like the older guy roasts them over that. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

Top Bottom