• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand theft auto 6 details.

I’ve always thought it would be cool if each new GTA took place in a different region/country, kind of like Assassins Creed. GTA Tokyo, GTA Moscow, GTA Havanna, GTA Istanbul etc, you get the idea. Because frankly, modern American (coastal) cities as a setting feel pretty stale and boring at this point.

Yea, because satire of Russian or Japanese radio/ Tv/ billboards would be so hilarious.

bender

What time is it?
I'm stupid
tenor.gif

Kerotan

At least 1 thing is sure and that is its developed for next gen only. Which is great. Dont forget GTA 5 was made for PS3/X360 in mind. Going from those 2005 hardware to PS5/XsX is gonna be mindblowing(i hope)
Agreed 100%. We waited so long I'll gladly wait an extra 2 years to ensure it's next gen only. I think they'll aim for an October 2022 launch. I bet Ps5 will be sold out and still $500 lol.

As you said were talking a 2 generational leap. It's going to be insane.

GTA VI 2026 release or later?

Grand Theft Auto V sold 20 million units in 2020, the most since its 2013 release. For some perspective, Vice City sold 20 million copies total. GTA V sold 140 million copies since release for an average of 20 million per year. Usually after 7 years, sales numbers for the last year are lower than the average. Not so with GTA V. It appears even Take 2 is surprised by that because back in 2016 Strauss Zelnick said, “We do expect GTA Online’s results to moderate because October will be three years since we released it.” That was 5 years ago and it's still going strong.

The release of the Expanded & Enhanced version plus the growing base of current gen will keep sales going strong for a while. Rockstar is probably going to keep adding updates for a few years. I don't see them creating the E&E version and not trying to milk it as much as they can. The more time goes on, the more people buy current gen, the more people buy GTA V.

They also have to avoid burnout. Strauss Zelnich said, "We have to rest the franchise at some point." After this many years of GTA V with everything that was added to it, I figure they're going to want to rest it at least a year.

I don't see why they can't get at least 3 years of strong sales numbers from E&E. That brings us to 2025 and then a year of rest = 2026.
I think the enhanced version is just so they can keep the online looking modern after more games launch on next gen systems, they want it to still compete and not look dated and have something there for everyone who has their shiny new consoles. His remarks about letting a franchise rest don't make sense unless he thinks nobody plays it for the single player portion, I've only played the MP once and didn't have any fun. I was running around the map alone and these two guys kept doing drive bys on me so I shot them with a rocket launcher and got a warning for something stupid, they killed me 10 times in a row waiting for me to spawn but me blowing up their car is out of bounds? they ran me over twice lol.

All_Might

Has anyone played the GTA trilogy on PS4/PS5? I’m thinking of picking it up on PS5 for old times sake! Is it just a straight port 30fps etc. I might just play through them for the nostalgia or maybe I’m best to keep my good memories.

I am going to give you all the negative points I noticed while playing San Andreas. It’s basically the PlayStation 2 port, so the draw distance is pretty bad, there is a huge input lag and worst of all it’s sub 30 fps (feels like 20-25 fps at times). Also it’s not possible to simply increase the frame rate on these games since they used an older technique where most of the physics calculations are dependent on the frame rate which is why some strange bugs appear with higher fps on pc. Some of the songs are taken out (like rage against the Maschine, Hell Raiser etc.). Loading times are also pretty much what they were on PS2, but you know what ? Despite all that it’s still a lot of fun, seeing all those maps and having to play those stories again is simply incredible and after a while the game was so much fun none of the things above are even noticeable to me, I am close to my Platin trophy. So in short I so recommend the games.

Hope you have great fun.

Excess

Ho boy, I can't wait for people to find loop-holes and glitches to abuse this. Hey, this may even be a great way to launder money, kids!

I call absolute bullshit. They couldn't even get a working economy going with the BAWSAQ on GTA Online.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

On October 22, 2020, Take-Two Interactive registered the aforementioned domain called "rapponator.com".

The name bears a resemblance to Beaterator, a music mixer, developed by Rockstar Leeds. Rapponator is likely a newer music mixer in development by Rockstar in collaboration with certain music artists. Remarkably, Dr.Dre was featured briefly in the Cayo Perico Heist update for GTA Online, signaling a possible long-term collaboration with Rockstar.

TIGERCOOL

I'm starting to think porting gta online to current gen systems was a compromise that rockstar had to concede to taketwo in order to make gta 6 a primarily single player effort. Kind of lines up with what we've heard about the in-fighting in pre-production but the single player focus camp ultimately winning out

Last edited:

Blue Apple

Are we ever going to get this game or will they just continue to milk the GTA5/Online tit for a few more years?

GTA V is still a top seller, so I don't see why they wouldn't keep milking it for a few more years to get as much money as they can out of it. Why release VI any time soon and lose all of that easy GTA V money?

Kuranghi

It was hopefully just for show but after seeing that Take Two panel I don't think they would dare lampooning intersectionality, even though that would clearly be hilarious, its so easy to take the piss out of people who think on such a surface level because everything they say can usually be deconstructed in seconds or just put back on them as projection.

HAL-01

It was hopefully just for show but after seeing that Take Two panel I don't think they would dare lampooning intersectionality, even though that would clearly be hilarious, its so easy to take the piss out of people who think on such a surface level because everything they say can usually be deconstructed in seconds or just put back on them as projection.
Anyone here thinking that rockstar is some sort of rogue developer that’s gonna hold a brave last stand against the “Evil SJWs” is hilariously deluding themselves

Kuranghi

Anyone here thinking that rockstar is some sort of rogue developer that’s gonna hold a brave last stand against the “Evil SJWs” is hilariously deluding themselves

I don't doubt you're wrong that they wont go there, but if they did take the piss out of it all what do you think would actually happen to them realistically? Get cancelled or lose money? It seems too big to fail on those grounds and if anything they'd get more money from the scandal.

How many people who are hardline on the issues are actually buying the games? I don't think its a large percentage.

HAL-01

I don't doubt you're wrong that they wont go there, but if they did take the piss out of it all what do you think would actually happen to them realistically? Get cancelled or lose money? It seems too big to fail on those grounds and if anything they'd get more money from the scandal.

How many people who are hardline on the issues are actually buying the games? I don't think its a large percentage.
It’s not that they won’t do it because they’ll get ‘cancelled”, it’s that that’s not what they do. If you’ve played any rockstar game of the last 10 years you’ll see that they don’t really rally against any progressive or liberal ideologies. Anyone expecting that out of rockstar either has forgotten the games, or has been misguided into thinking their fringe views are the norm.

Either way I’ll stop there, no politics on this site or whatever

Last edited:

Kuranghi

It’s not that they won’t do it because they’ll get ‘cancelled”, it’s that that’s not what they do. If you’ve played any rockstar game of the last 10 years you’ll see that they don’t really rally against any progressive or liberal ideologies. Anyone expecting that out of rockstar either has forgotten the games, or has been misguided into thinking their fringe views are the norm.

Either way I’ll stop there, no politics on this site or whatever

I wasn't suggesting they would lampoon intersectionality because its progressive or liberal just because its a big part of daily life now so its relevant. Fair enough, no politics.

SSfox

In another topic, i hope Rockstar are working on a Pirate Era game, that would just too amazing if it's a thing, plus i can't see what other most exciting new IP Rock can make.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Tom Henderson, a reliable leaker when it comes to AAA titles such as Call of Duty and Battlefield, has revealed that GTA 6 may be heading back to Vice City with an evolving map, modern-day setting, and female protagonist.

The trusted insider took to YouTube to clear up some rumors surrounding GTA 6, and share with the world what information he has regarding the next game in the series.

To begin with, Henderson claims that GTA 6 will take place in a modern-day Vice City, and this is for one main reason – GTA: Online. If GTA 6 were to return to the 80s or 90s, it could cause difficulties in the implementation of the game with the online mode.

With GTA: Online bringing in billions in terms of revenue, Rockstar Games will look to continue the popular multiplayer game with GTA 6. Of course, anything other than a modern-day setting would restrict what can be included in the multiplayer. Many fans will be aware the GTA: Online has got some rather wacky vehicles and weapons, all of which would not be possible in an 80s setting.

Henderson goes on to state that Vice City will be returning in some capacity, but the map is not expected to be as large as previous leaks make it out to be. However, the map is expected to “evolve” with DLC and possible events.

The insider compared the “evolving” Vice City to how Fortnite’s Battle Royale map changes with various live events and seasons. According to his source, fans could expect new areas and locations to arrive in Vice City with each DLC.

As for an element fans will be familiar with, Henderson claims that GTA 6 will also feature the return of multiple playable characters throughout the campaign. One of the characters is reportedly a bright, responsible female protagonist who handles the technology and hacking side of the crime.

Finally, the piece of information fans have been begging for, the release date of GTA 6. Unfortunately, if Henderson’s claims are to be believed, it’s not good news. Due to multiple reasons, GTA 6 may not arrive until 2024 or 2025.

Many fans will assume that the reason for this is because the title is still in early development, but Henderson claims that isn’t the main reason. He states that Rockstar is reportedly focusing on employee wellbeing, and attempting to prevent long, harsh working hours.

schaft0620

GTA6 getting shown at TGA/Gamescom in 2022 lines up with the crazy amount of marketing money Take Two has tucked away for 2023.

Every single rumor mentions something about a location from a previous game. Having all of the cities included is a no-brainer way to top GTA5 (which is going to be a big challenge for Rockstar obviously).

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
GTA 6: Karen

You play as an older white woman who is tired of blacks moving into her neighborhood.

Obviously they'd get more money from the "scandal", it's only happened pretty much every year GTA has been a thing. As to them getting "cancelled"? Neat buzzword, but what the fuck do you even mean they would get cancelled? People would stop buying their games because of the content in their games? That's usually called a boycott.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a new rumor, GTA 6 is going to be revealed for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S this year, or, more specifically, the game's first-ever trailer will be dropped sometime between November and December. If this is true, then it's safe to assume GTA 6 will release sometime in 2023, as there are usually two years between the reveal and release of its games, or at least that's been the case with both GTA 5 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Unfortunately, the report doesn't mention a ton else beyond the reveal window for the game. A Miami setting is mentioned, as are hurricanes and alligators. The former may indicate dynamic weather, but this isn't specified in the report itself. The report also mentions the map will be three times larger than the map of GTA 5 and it will evolve over time, much like the map in Fortnite.

Now, if any of this sounds familiar to you, it's because much of it has been claimed at one point or another by different rumors, reports, and leaks. This new rumor comes the way of ThatsSoBold, a source with no track record when it comes to Grand Theft Auto. In other words, take the information with as much grain of salt as you can hold onto.

How trusted is that source?
This new rumor comes the way of ThatsSoBold, a source with no track record when it comes to Grand Theft Auto. In other words, take the information with as much grain of salt as you can hold onto.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
So... with a Female lead how will you have sex with the prostitutes and killing them to get your money back work now? Or will they have a change up and you can be a prostitute have sex with the dudes and then kill them for rest of their money?

I kinda want the multiple characters again.

So just a normal hook up in a club like always

dyergram

Not sure if they posted this already but since we all want 80s Miami but r* need modern Miami due to online stuff. What if instead of switching between characters what if we switch between father and daughter 80s dads actions changing modern Miami daughters landscape. This would justify the absurd dev time as well.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After developing an obsession with Rockstar Games last year, I planned to make 3 videos about their past, present, and future. This is the 3rd and final video. I also love keeping up to date with rumours in the gaming industry, so making a video about GTA6 was a match made in heaven. I really hope you guys enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making it! Thanks for watching!

The info I included in this video is a mix of credible sources (Henderson, Schreier, etc) and things I just thought are worth mentioning (The Mexican, Coordinates, etc). There's been a ton of "leaks" about GTA6, but I wanted to narrow it down to what I think are the most interesting and believable. I really hope you enjoy the video! <3
Show less

lils

im surprised they didnt time it with the console releases like last time so they could double/triple dip

yurinka

I'd more than welcome a GTA6 set in Vice City since it was my favorite setting in the series. Let's hope they also include bycicles from San Andreas.

But I think they won't announce it now since they are releasing the remastered trilogy and GTAV next gen and GTA6 seems to be years away from release.

Top Bottom