• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV: 4K Remastered - RAYTRACING GI - REAL LIFE Graphics mod

Amazing but what would WOW me is if there were atleast 100 different NPC's on screen at any time with each individual NPC or groups doing a random activity. Kids huddling around sandcastles, dudes playing ball on the beach, chicks snappies selfies etc. etc.

THIS is what i want from next gen games. Dramatically improved NPC counts with them doing just as many random tasks.

Amazing but what would WOW me is if there were atleast 100 different NPC's on screen at any time with each individual NPC or groups doing a random activity. Kids huddling around sandcastles, dudes playing ball on the beach, chicks snappies selfies etc. etc.

THIS is what i want from next gen games. Dramatically improved NPC counts with them doing just as many random tasks.

Yep, the next gen should increase the AI localised processing to handle this and gain auto-updates from the cloud for such systems. Replayability and streaming unique content increases by magnitudes.

Those daylight segments
giphy.gif

Verchod

Yeah a bit ott in places but blimey that looks good.
Maybe that's what'll happen next-gen, RT remasters.

VFXVeteran

Banned
The reflections are so much because the materials aren't physically based. If they had PBR with fresnel then the reflections would show when appropriate. Also every surface has a roughness factor. That would make the material less "shiny" as well. Still looks good though.

Paasei

Too many reflections as is the usual with these mods. Also too bright and shiny that complete misses the dark vibe the game brings with its story and so on. Looks good, but at the same time it's too much.
It was the same back in the day with Icenhancer or whatever it was called.

Top Bottom