• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Reule

Just saw the trailer. Definitely going to buy that classic Coquette. The airport is going to be packed tomorrow.

Hopefully Rockstar fixes some of the cheating/modding with this patch.

MisterHero

The Vestra is still awesome, though it's looking like its days are numbered for me..
Yeah the best air races feature it. I haven't bought a plane for either character though; mainly for cost reasons. I almost bought a couple Mallards. They're cheaper and still cool.

I bet I could get some free test rides if I hang out in a public free roam long enough. >:)

These DLCs wipe my bank account every time. WTF @ new masks that cost $25k each lol. Bumped pay for harder missions + multiplayer bonus could be good though.

Ted

AIRWOLF!

Let's play tomorrow boys

I'll be up for that. Played a few missions last night to try and up my bank balance but I'm only at around 500k so I doubt I'll being buying anything new!

The write up says it's adding multiple land and air vehicles hopefully there not too expensive.

You're optimism is delightful but surely misplaced! :)

Yeah the best air races feature it. I haven't bought a plane for either character though; mainly for cost reasons. I almost bought a couple Mallards. They're cheaper and still cool.

I love the Mallard. Flying controlled rolling or inverted circuits around the map is great fun and quite a test. I hope the flight school update includes some mission type content related to these kinds of challenges.

bud23

The GTA Online San Andreas Flight School Update Now Available

Today's update also includes a number of other adjustments and fixes for GTA Online. Most notably, all Contact Mission GTA$ and RP awards have been rebalanced so that more difficult missions will earn you greater rewards, GTA$ payouts on replays are no longer reduced and all rewards are now time scaled.

actual_1408442011.jpg

Grab the stick of the fast and nimble Western Besra training jet and push it to the edge of the envelope. Master absolute air superiority in 10 new solo missions that will make you comfortable in any pilot’s danger zone, including combat maneuvering, low-flying challenges, formation flying and more.

Once it’s ‘mission accomplished’ and you’re out of your heroic new Flight Suit, spend your shore leave buzzing the skies in the luxury Swift helo, or cram your entire squad into the new 16-seater Buckingham Mil-Jet for team transport in style. Hit the silk with a collection of new Chutes and Parachute Bags, and if things get a little out of control, rely on the Reserve Parachute to give you a second chance at that soft landing – or use it to get creative with your precision dives. Later, hit the streets in the shapely Invetero Coquette Classic, available in either hard-top or topless roadster variants for whatever your sea-level speed fix.

And round up your wingmen for new Races, Captures, Parachute Jumps and more, including the three all-new VS Mission modes. Acquire Targets is a kill-the-carrier style mode where opponents fight in P996 Lazers to control one flag; maintain control for as long as you can to rack up points. In G-Rating, compete against other cadets as you fly to pick up 15 flags in both weapons hot and cold environments. Or try out Air Force Zero, where the defending team must protect an aircraft against an attacking team as it flies to the safe LZ.

actual_1408442091.jpg

Stay tuned for more details on continuing updates to GTA Online, and look out for specifics later this week on the upcoming Event Weekend to commemorate the launch of the San Andreas Flight School Update.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...an-andreas-flight-school-update-now-available

bud23

[8/19/14] GTAV Title Update 1.16 Notes

Top Changes
* Cash rewards are no longer reduced by 50% on replay of a Contact Mission. Players will now receive the full reward for completing a Mission every time.
* Players now receive more Cash for playing Contact Missions in groups:
o Two players - +10% Cash
o Three players - +20% Cash
o Four players - +30% Cash
* Cash and RP for Contact Missions have been rebalanced. This is to ensure that all Contact Missions pay out a fair reward in relation to the mission difficulty and amount of time taken. The potential cash payouts have increased significantly overall, although some specific missions have been reduced as a result of the rebalance.
* The San Andreas Flight School is now open for business in GTA Online. The Flight School can be accessed via a Job corona, from rank 6 onwards, at Los Santos International Airport indicated by a small plane icon on the map. Ten flying lessons have been added as part of the Flight School which will help to improve players’ flying skills.
* Two new Planes and one new Helicopter have been added to the Elitas website: Buckingham Mil-Jet, Western Besra, and the Buckingham Swift (Two liveries)
* Players are now able to purchase and equip a reserve Parachute at Ammu-Nation. They can choose different canopy designs for their primary and reserve parachutes.
* One new vehicle (plus a roofless variation) has been added to the Legendary Motorsport website : Invetero Coquette Classic
* 25 new ‘flags of the world’ themed parachute bags have been added to Ammu-Nation in GTA Online only.
* Six new multicolored parachute canopies have been added to Ammu-Nation:
o Air Force Chute
o Desert Chute
o Shadow Chute
o High Altitude Chute
o Airborne Chute
o Sunrise Chute
* A new Flight Suit outfit has been added for Male and Female characters. This is available in all clothes stores in the outfits menu.
* A new Flight Cap accessory has been added for Male and Female characters. This is available in all clothes stores in the hats menu.
* Players who downgrade to smaller garages will now be able to request vehicles stored in previous garages from the Mechanic.
* Players in Tanks will now show as such with a specific Tank icon on the Minimap.
* Substantial changes made to On Call functionality to enable players to enter their choice of Job as quickly as possible.
* Fixed an issue where Crew Leaders could occasionally be unable to put a Crew Emblem on Jackets or Hoodies.
* Fixed an issue in the Creator where placed props would not appear correctly.
* A large number of new Jobs have been added:

New Features / Updates
* The color of the player’s Parachute Bag can now be chosen through a new option in the Interaction menu. They can also toggle the visibility of the parachute bag if they have a parachute equipped.
* A player’s Mental State now also decreases over time whilst using the Spectate feature.
* ‘NEW’ now appears on invites, alongside the Job type, for all Rockstar Created or Verified Jobs that have not yet been played by the recipient. This only appears on feed invite notifications, not on the phone.
* Short- term RP and Cash bonuses will now show in Job coronas as well as on the Next Job Voting Screen.
* News screens shown during transitions will now alert players if some Jobs have RP or Cash bonuses for playing them.
* Both the Driver and Passenger are now able to see direction arrows in Rally Races.
* If players choose to use a custom vehicle in a Race, that vehicle will now be saved and used as the default on the vehicle selection screen of the next Race.
* Players are now able to talk to one another in spectator mode once they have finished a Race.
* Players are now able to change the spectator camera mode and angle when they begin to spectate after completing a Job.
* A small change has been made to time formatting on Leaderboards so that they now read as “00:00.000”.
* The cap for the amount of Cash stolen by Muggers has been adjusted to allow for differences in level.
* Players can now set the duration for One on One Deathmatches in the Interaction Menu.
* A new on/off option has been added to the Interaction Menu to allow players to choose whether to wear a Helmet when using Motorbikes.
* Co-op teams now appear grouped on Mission Leaderboards.
* When using a Plane, you can now toggle the minimap by using D-pad down.

More here

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202968656

Ted

Thanks for posting these bud! Sounds like a great update, I can't wait to get home and play!

R* said:
Master absolute air superiority in 10 new solo missions that will make you comfortable in any pilot’s danger zone, including combat maneuvering, low-flying challenges, formation flying and more.

Yes yes yes! Looking forward to these, I hope they've got a decent level of difficulty. I don't want to complete them all first time out.

I wonder what the payout is?

R* said:
...rely on the Reserve Parachute to give you a second chance at that soft landing – or use it to get creative with your precision dives.

Looking forward to playing with this.

R* said:
Acquire Targets is a kill-the-carrier style mode where opponents fight in P996 Lazers to control one flag; maintain control for as long as you can to rack up points. In G-Rating, compete against other cadets as you fly to pick up 15 flags in both weapons hot and cold environments. Or try out Air Force Zero, where the defending team must protect an aircraft against an attacking team as it flies to the safe LZ.

These might be super fun as well... though Top Fun and Top Fun II got old surprisingly quickly so I'll wait and see.

R* said:
* Cash rewards are no longer reduced by 50% on replay of a Contact Mission. Players will now receive the full reward for completing a Mission every time.
* Players now receive more Cash for playing Contact Missions in groups:
o Two players - +10% Cash
o Three players - +20% Cash
o Four players - +30% Cash
* Cash and RP for Contact Missions have been rebalanced. This is to ensure that all Contact Missions pay out a fair reward in relation to the mission difficulty and amount of time taken. The potential cash payouts have increased significantly overall, although some specific missions have been reduced as a result of the rebalance.

I'm going to remain skeptical about this until I see the new payouts but I'm looking forward to retrying some of the multi-part missions now it's more likely people will join (I hope!).

See y'all in LS NGAF buddies.

Ted

So I wonder how much rooftop rumble pays out now?

Checking around the web:

Rooftop Rumble ~ 10k with a lobby of four.

Titan of a Job ~13.5k solo.

American Exports ~ 19.5k solo.

Pick Up Sticks ~ 20k with a lobby of four.

Base Invaders ~ 13.5k solo.

Dry Docking ~ 16k with a lobby of four.

I assume (but don't know in every case) all of these are when playing on the hard difficulty level.

About 11k for a gold medal if the first one anything to go by.

Thanks Storm. Is that 11k repeatable?

Tigress

Checking around the web:

Rooftop Rumble ~ 10k with a lobby of four.

Titan of a Job ~13.5k solo.

American Exports ~ 19.5k solo.

Pick Up Sticks ~ 20k with a lobby of four.

Base Invaders ~ 13.5k solo.

Dry Docking ~ 16k with a lobby of four.

I assume (but don't know in every case) all of these are when playing on the hard difficulty level.

Thanks... sucks, there goes my easy/quick way to raise money by myself :(. I hope they haven't messed with survivals (Unless they made them pay more but I doubt it).

And damnit, you should get more money for soloing since that makes it harder (I know, they're trying to encourage co op play).

Ted

They're just time/distance based most aren't that difficult.

Thanks Storm. I'm excited to try them. Some folk elsewhere are complaining about how hard they are and I know you're a pretty good player so hopefully they offer a good challenge for my ol' dumb thumbs.

Man I can't wait. As soon as I unlocked the flight school in SP I aced everything across all three characters because of how much fun I had. I am hoping these prove to be a little more challenging...but even if they aren't I don't care. More content is awesome, especially if we can pit our times against friends/crew mates. Especially if we can replay for some decent cash.

Any idea on the price of the new Heli? I saw 1.1 mil for the "Safety-Lazer". Did anyone bite the bullet and buy it yet? Wondering speed comparisons to the Lazer. Also very interested in that new big hoss plane, but I doubt I'd ever be able to fill it up :(

I one time about 9-10 randoms got on a bus once...I even got it on film....it was amazing. I know it can happen again, just gotta find the right room.

Mastah

Man I can't wait. As soon as I unlocked the flight school in SP I aced everything across all three characters because of how much fun I had. I am hoping these prove to be a little more challenging...but even if they aren't I don't care.

These challenges are much more difficult than in SP. Maybe it's because my lady is only at 40% in Flying skills, but for now I can't even finish this.

More content is awesome, especially if we can pit our times against friends/crew mates. Especially if we can replay for some decent cash.

It pays off quite nicely the first time you've done it, regardless of score, but the more you try, the less cash you earn. I had to do one challenge few times and when I finally got Gold, I received something like 500 dollars, lol.

Mistel

Banned
Thanks Storm. I'm excited to try them. Some folk elsewhere are complaining about how hard they are and I know you're a pretty good player so hopefully they offer a good challenge for my ol' dumb thumbs.
The only one I found hard was the shooting range one with the buzzard. Haven't done the last two yet though so I can't comment on them. The landings, stunt flying, formation, and low ground clearance stuff was pretty much a breeze.
These challenges are much more difficult than in SP. Maybe it's because my lady is only at 40% in Flying skills, but for now I can't even finish this.
What bit of it are you struggling with?

I got gold on all except the final 2, i can already tell flag collecting is going to be a problem. I just need to find a good route, haven't tried the last one yet. btw whats up with the co-op bonuses all of a sudden? is it that big of a deal, i mean there's already missions you can't even run solo. Like Chumash and Grab, which doesn't even need 2 people. If anything u should get more $ for working alone.

Ted

whats up with the co-op bonuses all of a sudden? is it that big of a deal, i mean there's already missions you can't even run solo. Like Chumash and Grab, which doesn't even need 2 people. If anything u should get more $ for working alone.

Hopped on to try a few missions before attempting flight school and I think it's great but if you're a solo player you're not necessarily missing out on much...

R* seem to have equated "hard" with "long" (oo err mrs) so missions now have a time factor like races do. The longer the mission, in terms of time played, the bigger the payout, up to a limit, which seems to be around 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure if that is variable depending on the mission.

As missions generally take less time with multiple players the loss from taking less time is [sort of] made up for by the bonus. Seems relatively lone wolf friendly.

There'll still be a most efficient grindable mission for the min/maxers but I suspect the payout may not be as high per minute as the current favoured grinds. I don't think there will much in it though.

For those of us who like to play a variety of missions in a variety of fun ways though, I reckon this update will balance out to be more positive than any previous cash payout re-balancing.

Prologue

Might not be a popular opinion but I still don't think the stats/money/clothes/cars should carry over from old gen to current gen. Start the slate clean, especially with all these updates. This is coming from someone who got to rank 42 too.

Might not be a popular opinion but I still don't think the stats/money/clothes/cars should carry over from old gen to current gen. Start the slate clean, especially with all these updates. This is coming from someone who got to rank 42 too.

Or carry them over and for the people who just want to start over can make a new character.

Tigress

That's nice. I got to rank 80 or 90 now and no, I don't want to start over. I did a lot of playing to get to there and it took quite a few hours of playing 1-2 hndred hours/a few months of playing. Long enough to get bored of the game, get re interested, and get bored again. If I had to start over I probably just wouldn't. So I'm glad they are carrying them over.

If that happens it's a no buy for me.

I'm level 73 and have purchased some shark cards also, that would be a bad move by R*.

So glad that won't happen new players will just have to deal, when they see me driving any one of my sports car or tank for that matter I'm a friendly player too.

I would be down for making a new 3rd character, I'm currently playing thru the missions in order. To see the new payouts and earn $. I guess it'd be called RP'ing kinda since I'm using low rank weapons and even bought a bmx. I'll probably buy a 2 car garage house too, i think i read u still get access to cars now even if u downgrade?

MAN oh MAN. Last night was where it was at. We had six, that's right SIX Gaffers from the crew online at once. All in the same lobby, all playing together! It was a thing of beauty. Especially when we all took the sky...I swear we were creating R* Trailer material right there. A titan, couple of mallards and helis, all swerving everywhich way but into each other...until attempts to land on a flying Titan started happening...but I can't wait to do it all again with the PS4 version so we can properly capture it on video. I tried recording some...but ehhh didn't turn out well. I lost my good recording setup when I moved months ago.

The best part though..after the first run of crew members left, it was down to SuperMisterHero and I...then within 20 minutes 3~4 more different crew members signed on! roughly 12 crew members online in the same day, within an hour or two window of eachother. This proves we can get full crew lobbies. We need to. It was an absolute blast, not having to worry about any jerks runnin up on us, until we were in a public room. Even then, the mighty hammer of Gaf justice that came down on any interlopers was fantastic. Easily one of the better nights of GTA in a while.
Best bet there would be to just make a new character. I would flip my gourd if I had to start anew...I recently passed over 500 hours for Online and damnit, I worked hard for all my shiney toys. Even bought a couple Shark cards (thanks to a stupid holiday bonus at work), which I'm not ashamed to admit. It helped me purchase my Buzzard, which I luckily got during a weekend where it was 25% off (Black Friday weekend). I'd almost be more in favor of a reward system for those that have put gobs of time in, but at the same time, those people probably already have enough goodies, so it wouldn't be fair to give them even MORE goodness to separate them from the pack of newbs. MP data carry over is good enough.

My main concern though are the crews...if the same crew for PS3 will be able to work on PS4. So that when we go to the crew list in game, we see PS4/XBO players and not people from PS3/360s. Since R* has such a hard time as it is with people that have over 100 friends on their friends list (for PS3 at least), I am wary about what will happen. If anyone can do it though, R* can.
In R* we I trust!
I'll probably buy a 2 car garage house too, i think i read u still get access to cars now even if u downgrade?
I'm VERY interested in the last bit...you have a 2 car garage...but have access to 10 cars? Can you keep adding to the 10 cars if you sell one, or once you get down to two that's it? Or is there some Los Santos pocket universe going on? We need a brave soul to test this out. Or at least someone with a little time to search the interwebs for a description with a little more clarification. I would...but...I'm at work and all the good sites are blocked out.

Tawpgun

Really hope GTAV is active on next gen.

I think they should push it back to spring 2015 to be honest. I don't know how a remake is gonna compete with destiny and MCC and all tbe other big fall hits.

I haven't downgraded yet. In the patch notes it's mentioned, i'd imagine it works the same tho. Before if someone downgraded there was only access to the cars that were in the garage. If someone had more they couldn't access them til they upgraded again.

Ted

MAN oh MAN. Last night was where it was at. We had six, that's right SIX Gaffers from the crew online at once. All in the same lobby, all playing together! It was a thing of beauty.

Yup, last night was fun.

Good fun.

NGAF ready to roll out:

0_0.jpg

Class.

until attempts to land on a flying Titan started happening

It must be possible.... it must!

My main concern though are the crews...if the same crew for PS3 will be able to work on PS4. So that when we go to the crew list in game, we see PS4/XBO players and not people from PS3/360s.

Yes, I'd also be keen to be able to play on either PS3 or PS4 as a few of my friends list won't make the transition immediately and a few other are considering going PC only.

I had to dig deep down to channel my Star Fox skills for them last 2 golds. Falco! Slippy! all the homies were with me the whole way thru, I felt them giving me tactical support, and especially Falco scolding me for the fails.

I had to dig deep down to channel my Star Fox skills for them last 2 golds. Falco! Slippy! all the homies were with me the whole way thru, I felt them giving me tactical support, and especially Falco scolding me for the fails.
Use the boost to get through!

...and lest we not forget...

"Bobba do bobba!"
Thanks, great tip Falco....jerk..

lol hell yea, i was stuntin on'em during the flag collecting. That stunt jet is serious- so damn responsive one little tap is all it takes to mess up. It doesn't unlock anything for all golds, just extra money. I got a t-shirt but i think that's just for finishing them all.

I also downgraded to a 2car garage and the other vehicles all say (storage) next to them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Really hope GTAV is active on next gen.

I think they should push it back to spring 2015 to be honest. I don't know how a remake is gonna compete with destiny and MCC and all tbe other big fall hits.

tbh if it's anything like other GTA releases there will be a ton of hype followed by loads of whining at which point a core group of players will be left.

Anyway, this new update is fucking rad. I love how hard the flight school is, this will keep me busy for a while. And the rewards are fantastic, I've made $200k just from the flight school. The low flying mission is probably the hardest for me, some of those turns and climbs are brutal. Flying through the wind farm had me on the edge of my seat.

GTAO continues to be my favourite multiplayer game.

Ted

Anyway, this new update is fucking rad. I love how hard the flight school is, this will keep me busy for a while. And the rewards are fantastic, I've made $200k just from the flight school. The low flying mission is probably the hardest for me, some of those turns and climbs are brutal.

I've only tried the first four or five but I agree, great fun and just the right amount of challenge. Leader boards are already all over the place though which is a shame and it doesn't seem to always register times and attempts on them but that's pretty minor.

The variety is pretty cool, fixed and rotary wing challenges, parachute stuff, speed and accuracy challenges. The grab your chute one is fun, I'd love a way of triggering this mechanic yourself during normal game play just for the hell of it.

I'm hoping we see a lot more content like this in the future. More flight school missions, a driving school perhaps, some dedicated boating stuff (full on jet boats through the rapids would be ace), maybe even some of the RC stuff from San An could make a come back. I'd love to have a user controllable rotary wing heli/drone with full positive and negative pitch mapped to the controller like a transmitter (left stick controls pitch and yaw, right stick controls ailerons).

Flying through the wind farm had me on the edge of my seat.

One of the new races in the Besra runs straight through the wind farm and is intense with the vanes of the turbines all moving at different speeds!

MisterHero

Yup there's an event tomorrow. I might host a Crew or Invite Only session with a text chat for those without mics. I have 4 crew members on my Friends list (and will accept more for chat invites) but it all depends on PSN/R*'s cloud not being a pain in the butt.

I don't think there's any special junk in the Special Crates but I'll pray for a few actually dropping.

Now back to Flight School on my main character! Gimme dat special shirt!

Played this all day yesterday after taking MONTHS off from it.

Spent the first hour buying the LaFerrari, maxing it out, and just driving around the city alone. Obeying the laws, being nice, shopping for clothes.

Am i doing it wrong?

The police are a hassle to me. Obey the law, have no problems.

Flight school is tough. I really suck at flying. Got gold on the first two or 3. Silver the fourth. Then struggled the bronze the rest. At least I got the shirt.

Man, I really just enjoy driving around and staring at my beautiful car. LOL.

Top Bottom