• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Tawpgun

Even in passive mode? Because the last time I played that wasn't possible.

People can't kill you with guns.

But I think (dunno if true) explosions still knock you back and you can take fall damage.

And you also take damage from cars running you over.

Wolfe

People can't kill you with guns.

But I think (dunno if true) explosions still knock you back and you can take fall damage.

And you also take damage from cars running you over.

To expand on this, you can't take weapons damage while on foot in passive but you can while in a vehicle. Always assumed this was due to the fact that vehicles can be used as weapons to run into/over people and being able to be invulnerable to weapons fire while getting to run people over would be overpowered.

You can also take environmental damage which includes vehicles colliding with you or trapping you underneath them and also things like helicopter blades or the firetruck hose.

Oh sweet, didn't realise there was a separate thread for Online.

I've just gotten back into GTA recently, specifically for the Online which I never really played at launch (only got to level 9).

Been playing for the last week and a bit; Currently sitting on level 44 and having a ball with some of the missions.

I'm really gagging for Heists, a bit disappointed they still haven't arrived after all this time, but the content I'm going through now has been enjoyable enough.

Busy making money as best as I can - I love the mission "A Titan of a Job", so I've been running that solo quite a bit when my mates aren't around. Jumped into one with a few randoms last night which was called "Rooftop Rampage" I think, and it was a quick one too that got a good reward, but I think I remember it saying it was level 75 unlock, so a while off doing that again.

To unlock car mods, can I run races solo? Or do you have to be in with other people?! I have a bunch of mods that are like "win 6 more races in this class", "win 40 more races in this class" or whatever - but how do I know the class? Does that simply mean road races?

Mistel

Banned
To unlock car mods, can I run races solo? Or do you have to be in with other people?! I have a bunch of mods that are like "win 6 more races in this class", "win 40 more races in this class" or whatever - but how do I know the class? Does that simply mean road races?
The class is what type of car a vehicle is each class has different types of cars e.g. a Vigero is in muscle class it tells you when you get in. Racing solo doesn't unlock vehicle modifications.

I've just gotten back into GTA recently, specifically for the Online which I never really played at launch (only got to level 9).

Been playing for the last week and a bit; Currently sitting on level 44 and having a ball with some of the missions.

I'm really gagging for Heists, a bit disappointed they still haven't arrived after all this time, but the content I'm going through now has been enjoyable enough.

Busy making money as best as I can - I love the mission "A Titan of a Job", so I've been running that solo quite a bit when my mates aren't around. Jumped into one with a few randoms last night which was called "Rooftop Rampage" I think, and it was a quick one too that got a good reward, but I think I remember it saying it was level 75 unlock, so a while off doing that again.

Also if you run the races in super class (which 90% of public races are) you'll unlock mods for all of the other classes.

The class is what type of car a vehicle is each class has different types of cars e.g. a Vigero is in muscle class it tells you when you get in. Racing solo doesn't unlock vehicle modifications.

Ahhh, of course. Nice.
Wasn't sure if it was just restricted to Car/Bike.

Damn, looks like I'm finding a racing buddy.

Is there a really short race you can do 1 lappers of?

Also if you run the races in super class (which 90% of public races are) you'll unlock mods for all of the other classes.

Oh, even better, cool.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Flight school will get you a few hundred thousand in about an hour, well good for quick dolla.

If you can, do bike or Super races only, they unlock everything for all classes. Get yourself a good car asap and start upgrading it so you can stay competitive too.

Flight school will get you a few hundred thousand in about an hour, well good for quick dolla.

If you can, do bike or Super races only, they unlock everything for all classes. Get yourself a good car asap and start upgrading it so you can stay competitive too.

I've only managed Gold on a couple of them, but done them already. Loved them, especially the last few missions. The low flyer one was awesome. The target practice in the Buzzard was enfuriating though haha..

I've just bought the Pegassi Zentorno on the weekend, so I'm good to go on Super races. Need to unlock upgrades of course, but will start on that soon.

Wolfe

There's also one called Criminal Records I believe that does a loop around the prison so on one lap it's super short.

As for the Flight School missions I really dug them as well, felt good when I managed to get 45 on the buzzard targets one but then I saw the WR was over 100 lol. Shit was bad enough just getting 45.

There's also one called Criminal Records I believe that does a loop around the prison so on one lap it's super short.

As for the Flight School missions I really dug them as well, felt good when I managed to get 45 on the buzzard targets one but then I saw the WR was over 100 lol. Shit was bad enough just getting 45.

Oh, I think I might have done that one before actually. Yeah, that's probably a great one too, cheers.

I think I got 30-something, but haven't been back to it lol.

Anyone played the new mission "Chop Chop" from Trevor on PS3?

I just want to play it and to have it now in my job list to let other people play it too.

I just want to play it and to have it now in my job list to let other people play it too.

There's a new mission? Sweet. Haven't played it though.

I'm amazed how many missions keep popping up when I'm in with mates. Some are supposedly unlocked at level 20, or 15 or whatever, and yet at level 50 I still haven't seen them! So many to do.

There's a new mission? Sweet. Haven't played it though.

I'm amazed how many missions keep popping up when I'm in with mates. Some are supposedly unlocked at level 20, or 15 or whatever, and yet at level 50 I still haven't seen them! So many to do.
We got 2 new real missions this week:
NEW CONTACT MISSIONS

As part of today's update, two new Contact Missions are available to play (once you meet the rank requirement you'll receive a phone call from the associated Contact):

Chop Chop (Contact: Trevor, Rank 43, 2-4 Players)
"Our friend Ronald is getting increasingly agitated about Merryweather Security’s presence in the state, and a nervous Ron gets on my t***. Why don't you go to Sandy Shores Airfield, hack into the Merryweather Network, find their outposts and then take their choppers and blow 'em all to hell. Okay? Great!"

Effin' Lazers (Contact: Martin, Rank 44, 2 Players)
"The market’s about to be flooded with inferior product. I... WE... have too much invested in it to let that happen. I need you to get in some Lazer fighter jets and take out the planes holding product before they land. It sounds extreme, but these are desperate times."

And 14 more "jobs":
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...flight-school-jobs-now-available-to-play-earn

Ted

With any luck, and a small break in my currently insane schedule, I should get on for a bit over the weekend brother Jason.

Drop me a message if you see me online and I'll be well up for some missions. Haven't played for awhile so apologies in advance for how rusty I'll be!

I feel ya, I've been trying with a buddy for the past few nights to get those missions. Been trying many things, have yet to get either new mission.

With any luck, and a small break in my currently insane schedule, I should get on for a bit over the weekend brother Jason.

Drop me a message if you see me online and I'll be well up for some missions. Haven't played for awhile so apologies in advance for how rusty I'll be!
Ok cool, I will try to let you play the 2 new missions so you can at your turn let other NeoGAF members play them.

I've had both of the new missions pop up a couple times over the weekend now, but either didn't have a friend online for them, or couldn't get randoms to join me.

Had one random jump in for Effin' Lazers, but left almost immediately after I started it.

Hit rank 60 last night, unlocking some cool missions now.
Did a heap of 1-lappers on Criminal Records with my mate so we could unlock mods and stuff. I've almost got everything unlocked now. (Thanks for the tip on that one, Wolfe - takes 30 seconds and with Replay, it's like a 1-1.5 min turn-over).

Sitting on 1.7 million. That Buzzard will be miiiiine tonight!

MisterNoisy

Love the new mission payout structure - now you can do whatever mission you want instead of trying to min-max time/reward, and they can stop screwing around with missions that the playerbase enjoys.

Spent a couple of nights flying with my brother in a pair of Lazers shooting everything else down. Good times - those new trainer jets are great fun to chase down when in the hands of a skilled pilot.

Wolfe

Maybe I'll finally request an invite for the PS3 crew, I'm not that good at making time for doing scheduled things but am always down to do missions or whatever if I'm online and have the free time.

I've had both of the new missions pop up a couple times over the weekend now, but either didn't have a friend online for them, or couldn't get randoms to join me.

Had one random jump in for Effin' Lazers, but left almost immediately after I started it.

Hit rank 60 last night, unlocking some cool missions now.
Did a heap of 1-lappers on Criminal Records with my mate so we could unlock mods and stuff. I've almost got everything unlocked now. (Thanks for the tip on that one, Wolfe - takes 30 seconds and with Replay, it's like a 1-1.5 min turn-over).

Sitting on 1.7 million. That Buzzard will be miiiiine tonight!
I finally got both new missions, Chop Chop and Effin Lazers. Both are very, VERY awesome. Long, challenging missions. Exactly the kind of stuff we need to see more of. Glad I finally got them, now I can manually fire them up when I wish to help out fellow Gaffers :D Enjoy that buzzard! Having your own is a great feeling, especially when you call it in missions.
The PS3 gang should assemble this weekend for some madness
I am down for some sort of madness, I think I have a relatively free weekend. Of course, things can change in the blink of an eye, but still!
Maybe I'll finally request an invite for the PS3 crew, I'm not that good at making time for doing scheduled things but am always down to do missions or whatever if I'm online and have the free time.
Heck yea! Find me on the Social Club and send me a FR there, will make it easier to add you up to the crew! Welcome,
finally!
, animal brother!

I finally got both new missions, Chop Chop and Effin Lazers. Both are very, VERY awesome. Long, challenging missions. Exactly the kind of stuff we need to see more of. Glad I finally got them, now I can manually fire them up when I wish to help out fellow Gaffers :D Enjoy that buzzard! Having your own is a great feeling, especially when you call it in missions.

Sweet! Can't wait to try them.

Got my Buzzard, so I've been stuffing around way too much the last night or two instead of leveling up as I should be haha..

Can you call the buzzard directly to your location on a mission? When I ring, it gets delivered to the nearest helipad (which in the instance last night, was a good distance away). Can the mechanic deliver it?

Can you call the buzzard directly to your location on a mission? When I ring, it gets delivered to the nearest helipad (which in the instance last night, was a good distance away). Can the mechanic deliver it?
Sadly no, it goes to the nearest helipad. It's a minor inconvenience. But then again, since helis almost never spawn in missions anyway....it's an annoyance that you may soon forget once you're raining missiles down upon the countless enemies. Not to mention, longer missions can pay out more now (at certain intervals), all the better reason to call it.

Sadly no, it goes to the nearest helipad. It's a minor inconvenience. But then again, since helis almost never spawn in missions anyway....it's an annoyance that you may soon forget once you're raining missiles down upon the countless enemies. Not to mention, longer missions can pay out more now (at certain intervals), all the better reason to call it.

Yeah, cool, cool!

No dramas with it taking longer - as you mention, spend 15 minutes in a mission, get the maximum payout now anyway, so it doesn't worry me.

I've gotten into the habit of running Potshot and then AFK'ing outside Trevor's garage for the last 11-12 mins to get max bonus, while I do something else if my mates aren't around for crew mission grinding anyway!

If anyone's up for missions/grinding over the weekend, add me up PSN MarvelScottyB.

Yeah, cool, cool!

No dramas with it taking longer - as you mention, spend 15 minutes in a mission, get the maximum payout now anyway, so it doesn't worry me.

I've gotten into the habit of running Potshot and then AFK'ing outside Trevor's garage for the last 11-12 mins to get max bonus, while I do something else if my mates aren't around for crew mission grinding anyway!

If anyone's up for missions/grinding over the weekend, add me up PSN MarvelScottyB.
Good thinkin! Sometimes though it's better to complete missions quickly, the payout is a little better, but then the other method is much easier and can multitasked pretty easily too. I sent ya a FR!

Good thinkin! Sometimes though it's better to complete missions quickly, the payout is a little better, but then the other method is much easier and can multitasked pretty easily too. I sent ya a FR!

Oh for sure, I think even Potshot is like 5k for the 3 minutes or so it takes, so if you were sitting there it's definitely better to keep playing it (menus/loading aside), but it's great for AFK and multi-tasking earning!

Added you, catch up soon bro.

Ted

Ok cool, I will try to let you play the 2 new missions so you can at your turn let other NeoGAF members play them.

Cheers brother Jason, enjoyed our games yesterday as ever. From suicidal heli pilots to mysterious doors, cool session my friend.

The PS3 gang should assemble this weekend for some madness

I'm up to my neck in work at the moment but if I get on I'll definitely check in Mr Poetic. Haven't seen you around for a while so it would be nice to catch up.

I finally got both new missions, Chop Chop and Effin Lazers. Both are very, VERY awesome. Long, challenging missions. Exactly the kind of stuff we need to see more of.

Yes, excellent missions. Effin' Lazers is cracking fun and Chop Chop really makes you work out the old shooting finger.

naeS

I have a request pending to join the x360 Crew. Is there someone who can accept it please?

I'd post in the Crew thread but it has been dead for almost a year.

Ohhh man. Last night I played several unbelievable Created levels. People have now figured out about stacking ramps on ramps, making super jumps, and even half backwards loops. I Can't remember the name of them now, but I bookmarked almost all that I played, and will be posting the list soon. Some of them are very Trials~esque, almost like the extreme challenges, they are freaking great. There is some crazy black magic at work with some of these course.

Also, there is a thread talking about the changelog for ths PS4/XBone/PC version. Just wanted to post another link to it, in case some people don't browse around too much. There is some amazing things on the horizon, Gaffers....November 18th can't get here soon enough.
Pushing through the 60's now, getting close to Rank 70.

The Grenade Launcher <3 So much fun online.
Online feels just a little bit safer once you start unlocking ranged explosive weapons :D
I have a request pending to join the x360 Crew. Is there someone who can accept it please?

I'd post in the Crew thread but it has been dead for almost a year.
Sadly I think it's been mostly abandoned, from what I hear. If there is a brave soul willing to take the plunge, they could try PMing the current crew leader, whoever that is, to see if they would pass the reigns over...if only you were PS3 then I could help out D:

naeS

Sadly I think it's been mostly abandoned, from what I hear. If there is a brave soul willing to take the plunge, they could try PMing the current crew leader, whoever that is, to see if they would pass the reigns over...if only you were PS3 then I could help out D:

Well darn. Thanks for the info. Hopefully with the new releases it will pick back up. But at that point I will be jumping to the Playstation side.

Tigress

Alright, since they announced when they are releasing the PS4 version, who's going to be on the PS4 version? *Raises hand*. I hope the online in the new gen gets animals this time around.

(heh, I can't wait to try GTA V on my Vita *grin*)

Going to the X1 version. Can't wait for 30 people per lobby. Going to be a ton of fun causing chaos.

Well, dangit, that doesn't help me very much, I don't have an X1 :p ;).

E92 M3

Alright, since they announced when they are releasing the PS4 version, who's going to be on the PS4 version? *Raises hand*. I hope the online in the new gen gets animals this time around.

Going to the X1 version. Can't wait for 30 people per lobby. Going to be a ton of fun causing chaos.

MisterHero

Welp I'm out for next gen. Hopefully last gen players don't get ignored. GTAV/O has only been around about a year and R* still hasn't come across with certain content they used to hype the game with. "Next-gen exclusive content" is a little worrisome.

OT: I might be on sometime this weekend. I'd like to unlock car mods on at least one character in GTAO's first year!

Akai__

Hit Rank 75 yesterday.

These online achievements are once again terrible, especially getting these Platinum medals. I have like 25 now, but still.

Anyways, I have lots of fun with missions. Some of them are just incredibly well done. Can't wait for the Xbox One/PS4 and PC versions.

DireStr8s

Well, dangit, that doesn't help me very much, I don't have an X1 :p ;).

Day 1 for ps4. Could GAF fill a 30 player server? We should try!

Day one on PS4 for me as well. No brainer.
Will get a pre-order in soon.

Saw that alert in the game news that pre-orders would get $1 million to spend online too, so that'll also be nice.

Hit rank 75 on the weekend. Done some really great missions. There's some really cool ones in there.
Got to doing Satellite Communications solo a fair bit as it's pretty good fun and there's some nice RP on offer. Gotten to taking the truck for a few spins down the mountainside which has often ended in tears haha, but all good.

Have Rooftop Rampage in my lineup now too, so that's a good one for AFK grinding I'm finding as well.

Is the Tank worth a buy? I've been debating Tank vs the new Jet as my next purchase, but I'm unsure which way to go. Both seem a little useless in practical terms. Tank would only be for laughs; No mission use. And the Jet - well, I'd love to have it, but again, no weaponary so it'd only be a transport/shits and giggles thing I'm guessing?

Day one on PS4 for me as well. No brainer.
Will get a pre-order in soon.

Saw that alert in the game news that pre-orders would get $1 million to spend online too, so that'll also be nice.

Hit rank 75 on the weekend. Done some really great missions. There's some really cool ones in there.
Got to doing Satellite Communications solo a fair bit as it's pretty good fun and there's some nice RP on offer. Gotten to taking the truck for a few spins down the mountainside which has often ended in tears haha, but all good.

Have Rooftop Rampage in my lineup now too, so that's a good one for AFK grinding I'm finding as well.

Is the Tank worth a buy? I've been debating Tank vs the new Jet as my next purchase, but I'm unsure which way to go. Both seem a little useless in practical terms. Tank would only be for laughs; No mission use. And the Jet - well, I'd love to have it, but again, no weaponary so it'd only be a transport/shits and giggles thing I'm guessing?

Get the tank. Every time I get someone chasing me to kill me in free mode, I call my tank in and they quickly leave me alone. Fun times will be had. The jet is pretty useless.

Get the tank. Every time I get someone chasing me to kill me in free mode, I call my tank in and they quickly leave me alone. Fun times will be had. The jet is pretty useless.

Haha, sweet.
Yeah sounds good, you've convinced me I think.

Probably end up getting the Jet eventually, but more so I have the little icon active under my profile lol

Haha, sweet.
Yeah sounds good, you've convinced me I think.

Probably end up getting the Jet eventually, but more so I have the little icon active under my profile lol

The tank is mad fun. Was in a free roam game a few days ago and someone was chasing me in their adder trying to kill me. I called in my tank and managed to get a good distance away from him to where I could get in the tank and wait around the corner for him to show up. He rounded the corner and just stopped and sat there as I destroyed him. He then later could not kill me so he tried to kill me by stealing a titan and running it into me. It didn't work. Its basically my go to for those situations.

Top Bottom