• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Leak Gameplay

Hunnybun

These look really good to me. Not sure what people are complaining about tbh.

Although the draw distance is a bit shit, granted. But the texture and lighting improvements make a huge difference.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
looks cool but still not getting £60 from me for this, I bought the originals a few months back before this was announced for a bit of nostalgia and still have a bitter taste that no upgrade path was offered.

Will 100% pick up on sale though down the line.

Metnut

PS5 versions look pretty solid for decades old games that are being remastered. Not sure what people were expecting.

Javthusiast

Banned
Yeah this is as cheap a remaster they could make. Will gladly play SA on gamepass, but wait for the other two to someday be on there as well or on sale with a deep discount.

Dorohedoro

Truly Goty Material.

EwWObYJ.jpg
Yeah I was surprised to see they didn't alter her appearance, in order to make her more.. presentable... for modern audiences. :messenger_grinning_squinting: The whole thing still looks wack in a lot of ways but maybe it's not censored up the ass at the very least? Jury's still out though.

I never played San Andreas, so I'll play it for free I guess. But my expectations are near rock bottom. If I last more than 5 hours, I'll be genuinely shocked. Not expecting anything remotely close to good controls.

Kacho

Gold Member
I never played San Andreas, so I'll play it for free I guess. But my expectations are near rock bottom. If I last more than 5 hours, I'll be genuinely shocked. Not expecting anything remotely close to good controls.
SA actually holds up. It’s the most modern game of the bunch. The other two…not so much.

saintjules

Some PS5 GTA3 and San Andreas 4k footage -

It looks better seeing it in better quality but er......30fps on next gen?, are they serious?, and it looks badly framepaced to boot.

Some Vice City -

The voiceover dialogue hasn't changed in terms of audio quality at all. Guess they couldn't be bothered with remastering.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Full list of enhancements

• A GTAV-style controller layout
  • Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels for quick switching
  • Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set
    waypoints to destinationsImproved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in GTA: San Andreas
  • The ability to immediately restart failed missions
  • Updated Achievements and Trophies
  • New Rockstar Social Club Accomplishments for members
  • Plus newly supported languages; including Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Korean, in addition to English, Spanish (Spain + Mexico), Italian, Japanese, French, and German
Enhanced visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including:

• Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to
    roads, and more for greater detail
  • A completely rebuilt lighting system, with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more
  • Improved environmental effects such as water and weather effects including rain and fog, plus more
    distinct changes to highlight different times across the sky, sun, moon and stars
  • Enhanced detail in trees and foliage, plus newly added three-dimensional detail to buildings and windows
  • Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition
Plus platform-specific features, including:

• 4K-resolution support with up to 60 FPS performance for
    PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems
  • NVIDIA DLSS Support for PC
  • Touch screen camera zooming, pans and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
So we're gonna need the modding community to add the missing tracks back and maybe make it look better? I'll grab a key on sale lol

Superwave

Banned
So they didn't even rename the faggio, just outright made I not available
What do you mean? I may be wrong but I think the game locks you out of using it at the start so you are forced to hop in the car and feel that glorious 80's Billie Jean vibe......... ?

:messenger_grimmacing_

Flabagast

Rockstar as a company nowadays is not the same as the one that put out their best work.

You will never see another game from these on the level of GTA5 or RDR2.

Benz gone

Houser gone

Its what's left of a once great development team that is now trying to milk the past works of those that made it great in the first place.
Yep exactly.

All the "visionnaries" are gone + a lot of leads accross all their studios were kind of fired after RDR2 due to the "frat culture" and the crunch issues.

Now how that is left are Take 2 greedy executives who can finally put their claws in the Rockstar corpse as all strong people behind the heart and soul of the company are gone.

RDR2 was a farewell and a beautiful swan song, there is nothing to expect from the company after that.

makaveli60

Oh my god, you can see the filter's box, LMAO.

I agree with the cash grab, and unfortunately removed songs is to be expected because of licensing etc. I mean, it's why Tony Hawk was missing so many tracks. But what "woke" changes are there? I haven't seen anything confirmed, unless I happened to miss something in this thread, which I don't believe I have.

The trailer definitely made these look better. They really didn't even bother adjusting or improving a great deal of things. Like, the animations for one. They worked back then, but now they just look severely janky, lmao. Why not try to improve those a bit for a "remaster"?

Oh yeah, that's right, cash grab.

I was willing to give this shot, and thought I MAY buy it. But after seeing this, nah, I'm good.
With the insane amount of money they could really spend it on the removed songs IMO...
As for the woke things all I know is the flag thing and that it was talked about that they will adjust the games to modern audiences. I think you know what this means and the flag thing confirms it. But yeah, this is all I have about this for now, maybe there are no other changes...

MiguelItUp

With the insane amount of money they could really spend it on the removed songs IMO...
As for the woke things all I know is the flag thing and that it was talked about that they will adjust the games to modern audiences. I think you know what this means and the flag thing confirms it. But yeah, this is all I have about this for now, maybe there are no other changes...
Yeah, I mean, for a company like them you'd think they'd have all the money in the world to buy that licensing. But it makes me think that there may be other reasons why they're not present. As much as it sucks.

Ah yeah, I DID see the flag thing, but that was about it for now. I just wasn't sure if there was more out there that I didn't know about.

yeah watching these killed my excitement. Forgot how janky all the npcs are. Also the draw distance doesn't seem much farther. If they added infinite draw distance, higher density, and ragdolls for running people over maybe Id be more hyped.

Last edited:

Stuart360

yeah watching these killed my excitement. Forgot how janky all the npcs are. Also the draw distance doesn't seem much farther. If they added infinite draw distance, higher density, and ragdolls for running people over maybe Id be more hyped.
I think the maps themselves are fully drawed in at all times (as they should be for such old games), its more the smaller objects that still pop in.

Top Bottom