• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

dex3108

As far as i know R* still have't started removing access to SP so modding SP is not an issue.

My take on this is that MP uses most files that SP uses and their anti-cheat system detects those mods and flags account.

So you reckon it's specifically going into GTA Online with any mod enabled that they are banning for?

I got the game a few days ago in order to start diving into the mods and it seems like they've suddenly turned around and decided to go ban crazy.

All I want to do is mod in single-player offline :/

I'm just relaying my personal experience. Some people have reported being banned for using mods in SP, but for all I know, they could just be cheaters trying to spread misinformation. I've been using mods in SP since the script hook was first released, no consequences.

I'm just relaying my personal experience. Some people have reported being banned for using mods in SP, but for all I know, they could just be cheaters trying to spread misinformation. I've been using mods in SP since the script hook was first released, no consequences.

Good to know, thanks.
If I use the script hook & any other mod stuff in SP, is there anything I need to do to make sure that the game doesn't communicate with R* servers? Or have you been fine just launching normally without anything extra running?

Calabi

Why are Rockstar such shits about cheats? They would remove the need for many mods.

SA had great cheats but IV and now V have garbage cheats that are useless. It makes absolutely no sense. Just seems like incompetence or a lack of caring.

You've gotta play there way or not at all. Ironic when the whole popularity of the game is predicated on anarchy and doing whatever you want.

Good to know, thanks.
If I use the script hook & any other mod stuff in SP, is there anything I need to do to make sure that the game doesn't communicate with R* servers? Or have you been fine just launching normally without anything extra running?

I just use the Steam shortcut to launch into SP. I'm logged into the Social Club and all that, I just avoid going into MP if I have Script Hook in my installation folder. Haven't done anything extra like playing in offline mode.

Rockstar posted a Q&A: Asked & Answered: The Rockstar Editor, GTA Online Updates, PC Mods and More
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...swered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates

In regards to mods specifically, they had this to say:
“I'm having soo much fun with GTAV on the PC but I just have one question about it, how come you are not allowing mods for it?” - @ClarkMatthew63
“Will I get banned from GTA Online for using a FoV Mod or Oculus Rift mod?” - @Mattophobia

We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways.

Since they don't define what constitutes an unfair advantage, it's probably best to disable all mods if you're going to play online.

I've seen quite a few people using the same mods(on GTA Online) that some people are being banned for with the same bypass. It seems as long as you aren't too vocal about modding(especially Online) and don't player grief, you'll more than likely be in the clear until R* updates again. If you want to use the mods online and know where to find them and the bypass that enables you to not be immediately banned by R*, don't be a dick to anyone and have fun. I've played with quite a few GAF that have had the mod(s) enabled online and I've yet to hear of them being banned.

I have to agree with you for sure on the cheaters spreading misinformation. It seems as if some got caught and are trying to save face/account by saying they only played in single player.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey guys I haven't been keeping up with gta v on pc but is icenhancer coming out/being worked on?

They said they would work on something for GTAV. Icehancer for GTAIV works off of ENB as a foundation though, and Boris has stated no plans to bring ENB up to GTA V.

So, not sure what Icehancer will end up doing, and if it'll be anything more then a Reshade profile or something.

Vuze

They said they would work on something for GTAV. Icehancer for GTAIV works off of ENB as a foundation though, and Boris has stated no plans to bring ENB up to GTA V.

So, not sure what Icehancer will end up doing, and if it'll be anything more then a Reshade profile or something.
The Icehancer author posted a few screenies + videos a few hours ago:
https://www.facebook.com/icenhancer/posts/953556878012126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0OFPjinXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKUdoTUN-3g

Apparently they're using an internal OpenIV build to modify this stuff (which SHOULD mean every other asset can be modded too). Can't say I see much of a difference without a side-by-side comparison but oh well, I'll just believe him lol

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The Icehancer author posted a few screenies + videos a few hours ago:
https://www.facebook.com/icenhancer/posts/953556878012126
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ0OFPjinXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKUdoTUN-3g

Apparently they're using an internal OpenIV build to modify this stuff (which SHOULD mean every other asset can be modded too). Can't say I see much of a difference without a side-by-side comparison but oh well, I'll just believe him lol

The water is what stands out to me the most, but I've been playing with a Reshade profile so my perspective on what Vanilla GTAV is anymore is sort of warped.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Firehead

The Cowboy

Goddamn, why the fuck would Rockstar disable them in the first place? Last-gen limitations? Could they not re-enable them for current gen?

This is what i was thinking, this one needs to be activated in game as a feature seeing as it all actually is in the game.

Kvik

Apologies if this has been posted before:

ImmersiveHUD 1.0.1 (LUA)

skyrayfox said:
This mod adds dynamic HUD elements and more HUD customization options to the game.

FEATURES:
  • Dynamic HUD elements - Only show HUD elements as they change (Applies to HP, Armor and Vehicle Engine HP)
  • Custom and independent Health, Armor, Engine Health and Speedometer HUD elements
  • Move HUD elements around with arrow keys when mod menu is open
  • Toggle Radar On/Off
  • Lock Radar Map Angle
  • New Engine HP Bar (shown above player health bar when in a vehicle)
  • Hide/Show Police Markers On Map When Wanted
  • Hide/Show Wanted Stars (still buggy, need to toggle it a few times)
  • Hide/Show Cash, Ammo, Area Name HUD elements
  • Toggle All Other HUD Elements On/Off (breaks weapon wheel menu)

More info and screenshots: http://gtaforums.com/topic/791820-vrel-immersivehud-lua/

Download: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/immersivehud

Because there would be nothing to do?

Use them as places to make a standoff when you've got a wanted level? Potentially hide in there to escape? Make use of them when battling other players in Online? Not to mention just basic immersion, where in the base game you have these areas that you can enter in missions suddenly locked off to you. If they're right there in the game, properly detailed and some even with NPCs that wander around them, why not just enable them?

How significant is this, like will those models be editable soon?

Extremely significant. Probably the most important mod update yet. It means we can edit existing files in the game, such as editing the handling files. Once people figure out the format of the 3D models, then write exporters for 3D modelling programs, AND figure out how to reimport them, it means we can edit models.

But yes, this is extremely important because it means we can edit the game instead of just adding scripts.

i91JpiDhJ19f6.gif

For the children.
And for those who would rather do without them. That's their choice.

laxu

speaking of reshaders, do you guys have any recommendations on which to get?

Just install ReShade + Sweetfx, seems to work best. I don't use the installer, just copy

• SweetFx folder
  • ReShade64.dll
  • Sweet.fx
  • Reshade.fx

to the game folder where the .exe files are. Rename ReShade64.dll to d3d11.dll (I think in Steam version it needs to be dxgi.dll).

I would suggest rolling your own preset or using one as a starting point. Personally I like http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3571/ but I did tweak it a bit to reduce sharpening and take some of the orangyness off. These are highly dependent on your display, personal preferences etc (for example I can't stand the crushed blacks, overblown colors look many presets have) so rarely something made by others is perfect but they serves as good starting points.

Presets are generally a combination of different effects to make the final changes. For example the sepia filter is not just for making everything sepia colored but can be used for controlling the colors in other ways. It's perfectly safe to play around with the values of each effect or turn then on/off. Just Alt+Tab out of the game and edit values of Sweetfx_settings.txt in any text editor and then ReShade just recompiles the shaders after you've saved your changes.

Remembed to check if the preset has SMAA or FXAA on and check what your game settings are. I find ingame FXAA + sharpen filter does better than SMAA on its own but it's still not that great because MSAA makes hair and generally everything look a bit more real. If you have the hardware to run it, using ReShade with TXAA and adding a moderate sharpening filter gives rather good results.

Extremely significant. Probably the most important mod update yet. It means we can edit existing files in the game, such as editing the handling files. Once people figure out the format of the 3D models, then write exporters for 3D modelling programs, AND figure out how to reimport them, it means we can edit models.

But yes, this is extremely important because it means we can edit the game instead of just adding scripts.

Yesss! Exactly what I wanted to hear :D

Anyone else getting random crashes (pretty much entire PC dies temporarily) when doing not-so-intensive stuff?
Was just flying around and the game died, Windows Explorer died, had to restart. Has crashed 3 times on me in the last hour.

KHlover

Banned

We're almost there. Only one more step towards a new Iron Man mod :D

Top Bottom