• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V modding thread

bee

16qzih.jpg

ca mod and reshade

There is some really nice stuff popping up, I hope it wont all be broken by patches by the time I get to playing this game on PC.

Could anyone possibly upload the unmodded common.rpf file, please? I forgot that the edit mode in OpenIV instantly saves changes, and I hadn't made a backup of it yet.

Zom

Banned
gad damn I need a back up of visualsettings.dat lol, the chromatic aberration mod made the invisible wall around you that turns shadows sharp much more noticeable, cant be unseen now.

edit: snowman link doesn't work now :(

Vuze

gad damn I need a back up of visualsettings.dat lol, the chromatic aberration mod made the invisible wall around you that turns shadows sharp much more noticeable, cant be unseen now.

I don't think you even need visualsettings.dat. I just did some manual editing in the timecycle xml's and CA was removed just fine. I think the guy even messed up the file quite a bit since a ton of unrelated lines (like submarine lightning stuff - wtf?) are missing too.

Should be vanilla: http://pastebin.com/VEn1tCru

Zom

Banned
I don't think you even need visualsettings.dat. I just did some manual editing in the timecycle xml's and CA was removed just fine. I think the guy even messed up the file quite a bit since a ton of unrelated lines (like submarine lightning stuff - wtf?) are missing too.

Should be vanilla: http://pastebin.com/VEn1tCru

Vuze's link is fine for me, but just in case here's another:
https://mega.co.nz/#!PJQ0QRDK!cuB2p1jXjBPGuNj_TtkrGib_k1ke5F0WZzc4Q_enV9A

bless you both.

i deleted it, i think it's against license agreement to distribute these kind of files so didn't want it up for long, but anyway this isn't the file you needed right?

Vuze

But I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still have the issue. Could you please explain the script hook fix plz?
Hm, I think that files which you put in the games directory yourself don't get removed even if you uninstall and reinstall (unless the whole folder gets deleted). Make sure there is no ScriptHookV.dll, dinput8.dll and dsound.dll in your game folder (usually \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V).

ScriptHookV automatically blocks Social Club + GTA:O in the game when it's loaded to prevent accidental bans. If the removal of the files doesn't fix it, then I have no clue what's going on :(

Could someone point me in the direction of the car damage mods? Seem to have installed one by accident and its making my framerate tank. Need to see what files to remove

Zeth

Cop Rebalance mod is legit. Spent the night just messing around with it and clearly superior to the default. Haven't noticed any bugs yet. It's nice to have much less to deal with from an accidental 1 star - and the buildup is much slower and more suited to creating havoc.

Hm, I think that files which you put in the games directory yourself don't get removed even if you uninstall and reinstall (unless the whole folder gets deleted). Make sure there is no ScriptHookV.dll, dinput8.dll and dsound.dll in your game folder (usually \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V).

ScriptHookV automatically blocks Social Club + GTA:O in the game when it's loaded to prevent accidental bans. If the removal of the files doesn't fix it, then I have no clue what's going on :(

thanks ill check it tonight!

Been getting fairly frequent crashes lately. Then I remove a bunch of script mods, game loads fine. Put them back in, game loads fine. Then at some point later on in another play session, I get a crash in-game, or when loading it up. Don't think it's one specific mod, because I've tested with various ones, and I get the same result.

Ooccoo

It's hard to understand why devs don't spend a couple more months on their games just to have fun with it and create various mods themselves, stuff that could make missions REALLY special (tsunami stuff, earthquakes, etc.). The police mod makes R* look incompetent, even though it's easier to mod than code from scratch. I wish big devs that have enough money would do that.

Enco

A couple must have for me

[V|REL] Open All Interiors
http://gtaforums.com/topic/792887-vrel-open-all-interiors/

[V|REL] Vehicle Controller (Lights, Engine, Doors, Cruise, etc)
http://gtaforums.com/topic/789415-vrel-vehicle-controller-lights-engine-doors-cruise-etc/
How do you install the vehicle mod? I dragged and dropped and it didn't do anything.

I would say the FOV mod is a great one. Simple but has a big effect.

Cop Rebalance mod is legit. Spent the night just messing around with it and clearly superior to the default. Haven't noticed any bugs yet. It's nice to have much less to deal with from an accidental 1 star - and the buildup is much slower and more suited to creating havoc.
What do you think makes it better than vanilla?
I saw a video and suppressors never lead to cops being called. Even if there are witnesses. At least it looked that way.

How do you install the vehicle mod? I dragged and dropped and it didn't do anything.

I would say the FOV mod is a great one. Simple but has a big effect.

What do you think makes it better than vanilla?
I saw a video and suppressors never lead to cops being called. Even if there are witnesses. At least it looked that way.

Peds generally have to use their phones now to get you a wanted level. Certain actions will get you one, like explosions or pissing off cops directly. Much prefer it that way, minor crimes generally go unnoticed, and it's not a chore to lose the cops until you get to level 3 and beyond. And yeah, suppressors actually serve a function now, they lower the chances of peds getting spooked and calling the cops on you.

Vuze

First version of Visual V is out, I'll give it a shot later, but it looks promising: http://gtaforums.com/topic/792891-vwipvisualv/
- reduced smog for extrasunny weather
- changed moon size for more realistic
- darker night on countryside
- removed chromatic abberation effect for all weathers
- realistic sunrise and sunset for extrasunny weather
- improved post procession effects for all three characters
- improved pause menu screen
- removed lens flare for all three characters
- removed blur and noise from transition camera while changing characters
- increased streaming memory for better management of memory
- increased draw distance for high-end GPU (NVIDIA TITAN recommended; this one is optional I think)

Stitch

Gold Member
^Oh man, I loved Visual IV. I have to try the V Version :D

Crime and Police Rebalance & Enhancement v1.3.5b

v1.3.5
-Removed police bikes in country due to bugs.
-Increased chance of Army Barracks road blocks.
-Tweaked boat spawn amount.
-Tweaked hidden evasion times.
-Tweaked wanted radius
-Fixed peds not seeing silencer kills in close range.
-Improved crime reporting. Only crimes that alert cops without phone call are explosions and destroying aircraft.
-Added realistic police patrols on the street. More cops around stations, poor neighbourhoods and gang activity. Less in rich areas. Made with max density and variety.
-Added No Army version. Has the progression POLICE - POLICE - POLICE - SWAT - FIB
-Very slightly reduced Army accuracy.

1.3.5b
-Fixed corrupt download

Vuze

Not a fan of the removal of lens flare. Also it turns off DOF when using the radio or weapon wheel.

Some comparison shots of extra sunny weather. First is before, second is after.
It's probably sufficient to just not copy the lensflare files to keep it. I like the effect too, will play around with it now.
Also the lack of distant fog... I dunno, I think it was hiding the low LoD quite nicely.

It's probably sufficient to just not copy the lensflare files to keep it. I like the effect too, will play around withit now.

Yeah, I'll probably just remove the lens flare files, but I'm unsure if they affect anything else.

And I agree, it really needs an increase in distant fog to hide the low LOD. I do like the improved colour palette though.

Night time before and after:

Sunset before and after (third shot is without the lens flare removal files):

Zeth

Ehh I guess VisualV still needs some time.

Just tried this graphics Mod and it seems to be nice

Mod Community Graphics (Minimal Fog, No Chromatic | Noise) 1.3

Oh btw, is it actually necessary to REBUILD the update.rpf? Because the game seems to be fine without doing it and the Police Rebalance guy actually says that we shouldn't do it.

I saw people saying the same thing. Police rebalance was my first rpf edit mod and I never rebuilt. Seems rebuilding can cause issues.

That might explain why I've been getting random crashes. I'll copy the unmodded update.rpf file back, then mod that and avoid rebuilding.

Vuze

Ehh I guess VisualV still needs some time.

Just tried this graphics Mod and it seems to be nice

Mod Community Graphics (Minimal Fog, No Chromatic | Noise) 1.3

Oh btw, is it actually necessary to REBUILD the update.rpf? Because the game seems to be fine without doing it and the Police Rebalance guy actually says that we shouldn't do it.
Dev of OpenIV also said rebuilding isn't necessary. And I agree, I quickly switched back to my "own" mix of no CA/Noise + Extended Shadow Cascading after trying VisualV.

I thought rebuilding was 100% required? Damn I had no idea.

Need to try and remember everything I've rebuilt now, here's to hoping I made backups beforehand..

Top Bottom