• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire |OT| Mount and Shining Blade

Massicot

Fuck this treasure hunt tribute I'll just bring my 5 characters to the site for two days.

Also anyone wanna explain to me how the two griffon masteries work? I can dive but I can't seem to do the upwards curve and the burst speed with wing flap.

Flap your wings while diving.

This is probably not helpful, but I would recommend trying out some of the griffon adventures. Learning those helps to really nail the nuances down of getting up to speed and controlling the dives.

Taffer

Fuck this treasure hunt tribute I'll just bring my 5 characters to the site for two days.

Also anyone wanna explain to me how the two griffon masteries work? I can dive but I can't seem to do the upwards curve and the burst speed with wing flap.

You can only climb when you're speeding and the only way to speed up is to dive. If you flap while you're diving you'll get a better boost and can then climb harder. You'll get a white wind effect from a normal dive and a bigger golden effect when you boost successfully. Flapping will only give a speed boost when diving or climbing.
Do check out the adventure Massicot mentioned next to Kormir's temple in Oasis, there's some tutorial there and you can use the adventure itself as a good practice spot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Flap your wings while diving.

This is probably not helpful, but I would recommend trying out some of the griffon adventures. Learning those helps to really nail the nuances down of getting up to speed and controlling the dives.
You can only climb when you're speeding and the only way to speed up is to dive. If you flap while you're diving you'll get a better boost and can then climb harder. You'll get a white wind effect from a normal dive and a bigger golden effect when you boost successfully. Flapping will only give a speed boost when diving or climbing.
Do check out the adventure Massicot mentioned next to Kormir's temple in Oasis, there's some tutorial there and you can use the adventure itself as a good practice spot.

all right thanks, I heard griffon is technically the fastest if you apply those

Ashodin

oe7Jebw.png

Money seems to be pretty easy to make even in PVE now. Finding tons of blues/greens that i'm just vendoring, and then supplementing that with yellows that are then sold as is, or broken down for ecto, or just tossed in the forge.

Not looking forward to the clock tower myself, never have been able to do that damn thing. Need it to get my boots though, which is the last part of the set I need.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
argh, I hate doing the coat box because people aren't available (all require champs, one is a legendary)

th3dude

Cool sent you 100g let me know if you got it. Enjoy

You're good people!

Made a good 10g or so just from a Lab farm last night for like 45-60 minutes and I didn't even have any magic find boosters on.

Going to try to do a proper run soon and see how I do. Still a long way to Griffon though!

StarVigil

If y'all are so full of gold, then maybe you can help me get me that Legendary weapon I've been trying to get since 2012 :p
Red.3276

Thx for the answers. So currently it's best to just sell blue and green stuff instead of using the basic salvage kit? And do the Mad King stuff for gold?
Also, what good are those VIP areas? I can choose an area for two weeks but I dunno if I should use it yet.

Freeman76

If y'all are so full of gold, then maybe you can help me get me that Legendary weapon I've been trying to get since 2012 :p
Red.3276

Thx for the answers. So currently it's best to just sell blue and green stuff instead of using the basic salvage kit? And do the Mad King stuff for gold?

A great way of making money right now is crafting warbeast components . You can literally buy every item needed to craft them off the TP for a total that isnt even a third of what the component (boot sole/coat lining etc) sell for. I was making about 5g per sale yesterday, and that was undercutting the lowest sell order by 2g. If you can be bothered to babysit it and take it slow you will make a killing.

Ashodin

A great way of making money right now is crafting warbeast components . You can literally buy every item needed to craft them off the TP for a total that isnt even a third of what the component (boot sole/coat lining etc) sell for. I was making about 5g per sale yesterday, and that was undercutting the lowest sell order by 2g. If you can be bothered to babysit it and take it slow you will make a killing.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Auraela

Banned
Man i wish path of fire had more long term goals or items to go for.

Its just empty now. They have taken hots complaints for things being unrewarding or grinding to much and dialed it to far down so everything is done and gotten so easy.

Halloween has nothing for me im not really a fan of the halloween content.

And i cant believe most of the halloween achievements give more points then loads of path of fire ones too.

I love path of fire dont get me wrong really is back to gw2 traditional exploration. But that's it the rewards especially for bounties are mediocre which i feel is meant to be the expansions staying power

Man i wish path of fire had more long term goals or items to go for.

Its just empty now. They have taken hots complaints for things being unrewarding or grinding to much and dialed it to far down so everything is done and gotten so easy.

Halloween has nothing for me im not really a fan of the halloween content.

And i cant believe most of the halloween achievements give more points then loads of path of fire ones too.

I love path of fire dont get me wrong really is back to gw2 traditional exploration. But that's it the rewards especially for bounties are mediocre which i feel is meant to be the expansions staying power

PoF is for casuals.
HoT for Hardcore..
Next Expansion has to have middle ground.
2 weeks after PoF most of my friends are bored with the expansion.
Other than opening free chest in Highlands and Oasis i am not going into CD.
Game is failing to hold my attention, i actually played more SFV yesterday than GW2..

Elfstruck

It's been like forever since I play this game. I main revenant during HOT, but the specialization seems underwhelming in POF. What are some of the OP specs in POF for PvE content? I heard Firebrand is good, is that right?

Massicot

It's been like forever since I play this game. I main revenant during HOT, but the specialization seems underwhelming in POF. What are some of the OP specs in POF for PvE content? I heard Firebrand is good, is that right?

They all bring something really nice to PVE play except maybe Deadeye and Spellbreaker (which are of course, fine in 95% of pve also). Maybe Mirage.

Just in case NeoGAF gets locked in carbonite again, my in-game name is Lump

If you need to reach me outside of game, I'm on Discord as well: Lump#6503

Update: On ResetEra, my username is just Lump.
If you ever see a LumpOfCole on ResetEra, it’s not me. I’ll be flattered by the impersonation though.

Massicot

If you want a place to discuss Guild Wars 2 but do not want to do it on NeoGAF, I am reposting the discord link in this post, quote to see it.

(I know some people maybe have sought out bans and cannot quote, but I still think it's safer not to have it in the open with all the volatility right now. )

I can't speak for the guild stuff, just sharing the room.

Moondrop

Banned
To the original Gaf Guild crew still hanging around- I love each of y'all, sincerely. Even Adriaaa. We had a community once, and it was great.

adversarial

Why do I feel like this expansion kind of came and went in obscurity?

Not hearing much about it and haven't since it launched anywhere else but here.

I wanted to buy it, how is the population?

Top Bottom