• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Tizoc

Oh man
Robo-Ky falling on hard times had me rolling.
Bonus points for getting Buggy's VA to voice him
Story mode does a lot of setting up early on.

Man, why do you people get it early ;_;

I had to preorder it on Amazon because I don't trust the local places to bring the game in a timely manner.

Also, what's up with your new avatar? Really different from past ones.

It's the sombrero right? Couldn't find a good image to have the sombrero shopped on it @_@

ShinMaruku

The whole Aria story angle is just great. Jack-o makes perfect sense and her lines talking about the hayflick limit and akashic records got this game holding me

So gud

Anbec7

Wait so.. there is not a problem if I imported my copy? A friend of mine wanted the vinyl discs so we bought the European version

Eolz

Wait so.. there is not a problem if I imported my copy? A friend of mine wanted the vinyl discs so we bought the European version

Well if you want the DLC, you'll need a PAL account, but apart from that, it should be fine and the same as the US one I think.

Slaythe

Link your CC to your paypal, use paypal to pay for your EU account when you get the DLC, and you're good to go.

Make the account your "primary ps4" , and you can use all its content and dlc on your american PSN.

SephLuis

So we get the whole thing on release? That's good.
I guess they must have been working on that story mode until the last possible moment.

Yes, I thought it was good too. The game went up until chapter 5 and then stopped. I was pleasantly surprised to see the story mode complete before release.

They did a good job.

Amani

Wow, the whole story mode's done? Glad they finished it in time. Dizzy's all that's left now.
Speaking of waiting, time to check that download timer!

When Daisuke said they were working hard on it he apparently wasn't fucking around. Lol

Say what you want about how they go about releasing updates/sequels but Arcsys and Team Red specifically know how to get shit done.

SephLuis

really makes the missing dub reasoning they used seem dubious

I also thought this was strange, but it didn't bothered me too much.

I don't know how well Sign has sold out outside of Japan for them to release this without a dub. I guess they aren't expecting this to sell too well maybe, so they cut the cost of the dub.

AAK

This game cost me $80 here in Canada ;_; Ah well, I still wanted to support the franchise.

But I swear if there's no English VA Arcsys....

really makes the missing dub reasoning they used seem dubious

It really depends on how early the script would have been locked down, how long it would have taken them to record those lines, and then the english dialog added to the game, the option for dual audio, and everything else that it takes to actually get proper audio into the game.

AAK

.... -_ -

l42tlgG.gif

Well, now I learned my lesson on pre-ordering things on PSN

Naite

Digital version is playable now. I'm assuming Raven and Haehyun aren't unlocked yet since they're not in the store yet (unless you unlock Raven with the ingame currency I guess). Was able to transfer my JP ps3 save over to my NA ps4 save with everything intact.

Naite

It lobbies fucked for anyone else right now? Everytime I try to start a match with someone, it says it fails and kicks me off.

Naite

Lobby matches seem really hit or miss for me. It feels like if I sit down at a station first, I can connect to games fine, but if I get kicked off or try to sit at a station that already has someone sitting at, I'll get a failed to connect message.

Netcode feels about the same. My ranked matched had 9F lag, and the lobby matches I was able to get in were 3-4F.

『Inaba Resident』;205902085 said:
Is there any way to do a traditional lobby with a friend? Im talking like rematch button right after the match.

Once you're in a lobby, open the menu and hit player match, then you can create or join a room. Pretty sure a rematch option will be somewhere in there since it was in the last game.

What a fantastic tutorial. Normally i hate playing through fighting game tutorials, but even as someone who's played their fair share of Sign and other anime fighters, it was still fun to go through it.

Edzi

Are Raven and Kum available from the get go? I thought they'd be free downloads on psn but I don't see them in the store.

Not sure if I should spend all of this money fishing or just buy the music individually (which is the main thing I care about).

Got Potemkin's system voice fishing, that's neat. Figured they would just sell those.

Did anything come out of that teasing for North America folks? Or maybe we'll find out tomorrow since that's the official launch day.

Hubb

Did anything come out of that teasing for North America folks? Or maybe we'll find out tomorrow since that's the official launch day.

I don't see anything on Aksys' twitter. Hopefully we will find out soon, I am not getting my hopes up though.

Amani

Has there been a tutorial like Revelator's in a fighting game before? Was actually kinda charming.

Welp, time to start looking up Johnny and Jam B&Bs.

Lucentto

Banned
Man online is not beginner friendly. lol

I played Sign for a grand total of 57 minutes when it first came out. Now i'm planning to jump right into this one and actually stick with it. I can't wait to get my shit pushed in for countless hours!

LowParry

It would be beginner friendly if they matched you up with people of your skill but these games scare off people like that.

Maybe I don't see it but there isn't a matchmaking system in place? It's just go out, find a room and play be it ranked or player matches?

Top Bottom