• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half of Staff layed off at Radical.

Polari

Sucks that people lost their jobs, but as a studio Radical weren't exactly cranking out games of exceptional quality. On purely business terms, I don't think it can be seen as a particularly poor decision by Activision Blizzard to downsize in this case.

KHarvey16

Why do so many automatically assume this is a "bad" decision? Do they have details the rest of us don't? Yeah, it sucks to see people get fired but sometimes it has to happen. No one here knows the whole story.

the layoffs are because of the merger.

did blizzard know hundreds of people across the world would be losing jobs to secure their own financial future? and did they willingly accept those terms?

got me! sounds shitty regardless!

Snaku said:
Seems like they're axing anything not including the following keyword(s) in their title: tony, hawk, war, hero, craft, guitar, star, diablo, 2, 3, etc.

All 'bout that bottom line.

But pretty much

Wurm said:
I genuinely dont know what Activision are doing at this point. Canning games like Scarface and Ghostbusters, both with lucrative licenses attatched and potentially surefire retail hits in favour of dying mascot licenses like Crash and Spyro?

Short-sighted doesnt even cover it.

Crash and Spyro are actually still popular game franchises, which can't be said for Scarface and Ghosbusters. Would it honestly suprise you if Ghostbusters bombed?

Top Bottom