• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT| The Trials of Osiris

ironcreed

Banned
Join your old friend Elzar for some Warzone.

www.twitch.tv/ElzarTheBam

Mini FAQ

Who are you?

You old friend Elzar

Who is your team mates?

People from HaloGAF

Why are you playing Warzone?

Because I don't have a team for Arena and the also the European servers aren't up yet.

Do you hate anyone?

Yes, people from HaloGAF.

Thank you for your patience.

This just reaffirms for me that Warzone looks like mad fun.

Must be sprinting it, and normal mode is pretty easy.

This just reaffirms for me that Warzone looks like mad fun.

I really didn't think I'd enjoy it, but it's great. I haven't touched arena yet. You want to camp at the top of spire? I've got a banshee for you....

When you've got a team that is working the bases against another team working the bases it's stupid fun. It's a massive time killer tho. I burned 5 hours today in the blink of an eye. Req packs are addicting.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm pretty excited for Warzone. I'm historically bad at arena, so I hope that warzone will allow me to play and not feel like complete garbage at Halo MP.

Reposting this since bottom of last page:

Is there a limit of how high you can rank off your 10 placement matches? LIke, if you absolutely kill it for your 10 matches, can you place in Onyx or Champion? Or do you max at like... Platinum and have to work your way up?

Also, totally forgot about HaloLive, gives me something to do while I wait for UPS to deliver my package. Jerks are already 40 minutes late. :(

Sai

So that's what I'm noticing then? It just feels....stiff to me. It's almost like I have to keep making minute corrections to my aiming.
I think loose would be a more apt description. :p

Stick with it; game's better for it. Weapon balance and feedback is better than it's ever been too.

Madness

Are you mistaking this thread for the spoiler one? Because your post sure seems like a pretty big spoiler.

Yeah I know, I didn't quote it so others wouldn't be spoiled. Game isn't even out yet in the US and people think they can post untagged spoilers like that lol.

I'm pretty excited for Warzone. I'm historically bad at arena, so I hope that warzone will allow me to play and not feel like complete garbage at Halo MP.

It was jarring at first because the maps are so big and you can get hit from anywhere. I got destroyed my few two games, and then I consistently finished at the top when I learned to play the objectives and when to bring in the vehicles.

iMax

You know, Cortana looks substantially less attractive than in Halo 4.

343 must have taken that criticism to heart or something lol.

If this is a spoiler...

giphy.gif

nOoblet16

Your guys' constant use of AR/SMG over Pistol makes me sad.
Honestly the pistol in this game is great but it is outmatched by the DMR/BR at medium to long range and in close range the SMG kills better and more reliably so it's leaves the pistol in a tough spot. Unless you only have AR and Pistol.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Same here. I'm cannon fodder. Will be sticking with Warzone and BTB when it releases.
Yay! I'm not alone!

It was jarring at first because the maps are so big and you can get hit from anywhere. I got destroyed my few two games, and then I consistently finished at the top when I learned to play the objectives and when to bring in the vehicles.
Would you say it's more or less forgiving than arena? They were selling it as being friendlier to those of us who may be less than stellar at Halo brand MP.

Yay! I'm not alone!

Would you say it's more or less forgiving than arena? They were selling it as being friendlier to those of us who may be less than stellar at Halo brand MP.

I would say so. You have a lot of weapons/vehicle choices at almost any given time. You can go after the AI of you want, which helps the team.

We were getting destroyed at one base, so I spawned a banshee and leveled the playing field. There are still good players though. If you're not paying attention and get out in the open, you're going down. So the same principles apply, you just have options.

Victrix

*beard*
So a question for those hunting for all the cosmetic goodies for Arena - Gold packs or Silver?

Gold implies it has a higher chance of greater rarity items, but if that only applies to the consumables, I don't really care - Warzone is whatever to me, I just want rad skins for Arena.

Does anyone know if you can get duplicate permanent unlocks? If not, it seems like Silver is a better idea since both Silver and Gold give 2 guaranteed permanent unlocks.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So guys servers are holding up good? Matchmaking is fast?

Fuck 6more hours for me.

Honestly the pistol in this game is great but it is outmatched by the DMR/BR at medium to long range and in close range the SMG kills better and more reliably so it's leaves the pistol in a tough spot. Unless you only have AR and Pistol.

...well duh..

Just commenting that through multiple rounds, he kept using scoped SMG, even at medium range.

Top Bottom