• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

What?
The only thing reallt locked behind the request system is multi-player skins and war zone reqs.

Legendary campaign isnt stuck behind a paywall...There are like 130 collectibles scattered throughout the campaign not behind a pay wall. ..

In fact nothing relates to campaign is locked behind any sort of pay wall.
Point out to me where I said legendary campaign was locked behind a pay wall.

"Collectables" (if you can even call them that) are useless. What happens when you get all of them? Nothing. Hardly worth the effort.

Raide

"Collectables" (if you can even call them that) are useless. What happens when you get all of them? Nothing. Hardly worth the effort.

I think that's 343's plan. Never have players collect everything. They will keep adding things to keep things fresh and interesting. If you don't like those kind of Carrots, you may as well move onto something else.

Jumeira

Banned
Anyone else completely reliant on Spartan Chatter? Its a stroke of genius. So damn useful.

Hearing some downstairs say 'I've picked up the Sniper rifle' absolutely changes my strategy and mood.

BraXzy

Just noticed an awesome little detail, the scope on the rocket pops out of the side of it. Really neat little details on the new weapons.

Strider

tbh I don't understand why it makes such a big difference in whether or not you're gonna play the game. Do you enjoy the gameplay or not? That's all the motivation you should need and if you don't then find a different game.

Like what good is it for you to run around and mindlessly get collectibles for some reward when it doesn't seem like you're even going to want to use since you don't wanna play the game as is.

I just can't get with this whole "I need rewards" mentality. It's not like this is a loot game or something.

Anyone else completely reliant on Spartan Chatter? Its a stroke of genius. So damn useful.

As someone that solo queues 95% of the time I wish it happened even more frequently. The enemy location callouts are incredibly useful.

They have the same worth as every game... a snippet of lore, and some achievements.

The req system does not tie into campaign at all.

reposting for that elusive thanksgiving signal boost

Made a UI mockup for player baseball cards in the Arena lobbies:

O9j4sF.png

You'd only be able to invite teammates to a party, btw.

How were they worth the effort in past games?

I felt like Security and Hayabusa were cool rewards for getting all the achievements/collecting all the skulls in Halo 3. Even Reach had some like CQB and Military Police, though those were through the old 360 Halo Waypoint app.

Strider

Got a game in of Rumble Rockets. Pretty fun... Will probably play a few games of it throughout the rest of the week.

Would be better with a group of course tho.

BraXzy

O9j4sF.png

I like the idea of this, I dislike the fact you have this kick ass armour, and unlocked stances and its rarely shown off. Think it needs some tweaks though.

Overall its a bit messy, I'd do away with the emblems on the left side altogether. Incorporate them into the actual lobby list on the right. And like Poodle mentioned there's probably too much info permanently displayed on the portrait, I'd leave most of that for the service record.

Then I'd reallign the lobby stuff and the portrait so that it is all flush and lined up for a cleaner look.

An idea I had was having the different Spartans on your team stand in the background of the entire screen sort of like hero select screens in moba's. Instead of the map, or that could be the backdrop of the Spartans. But it'd probably look dumb in practice with all the info needed to be displayed.

Glass

O9j4sF.png

This is great. For a game with the card collecting REQ system, a player card showing off your stats, stance, items and their rarity makes total sense. This stuff needs to be more visible in game.

Would people care half as much about their items in Destiny if no one could inspect them?

Sai

Aaaahh... I've run into a number of instances where people have music or loud conversation blaring through their mics before the start of the match, and I can't mute them.

One time, it went well into the start of a Warzone match, and the Gamertag wasn't even showing up. Had to stay still, patiently going through my entire roster of teammates before I could finally find the jerk.

I know there are more prevalent issues, and it may have to be approached differently due to the fact that we're using dedicated servers instead of p2p, but I sincerely hope 343i finds a way to let us mute annoyances like this as easily as we could in 3.

Bessy67

Aaaahh... I've run into a number of instances where people have music or loud conversation blaring through their mics before the start of the match, and I can't mute them.

One time, it went well into the start of a Warzone match, and the Gamertag wasn't even showing up. Had to stay still, patiently going through my entire roster of teammates before I could finally find the jerk.

I know there are more prevalent issues, and it may have to be approached differently due to the fact that we're using dedicated servers instead of p2p, but I sincerely hope 343i finds a way to let us mute annoyances like this as easily as we could in 3.
Do you have a kinect? If you do just say Xbox mute until the match opening cinematic starts and then you can mute all and unmute the TV. That's what I do.

link1201

Hearing some downstairs say 'I've picked up the Sniper rifle' absolutely changes my strategy and mood.
I love it. I just wish they left it as it was in the beta since it's Togglable now.

Sai

Do you have a kinect? If you do just say Xbox mute until the match opening cinematic starts and then you can mute all and unmute the TV. That's what I do.
Not for Xbox One, no.

Don't see myself purchasing one anytime soon either—if ever.

m23

Can we please get daily and weekly challenges back? Would be nice extra way of earning req points or even req packs.

Nowise10

Can we please get daily and weekly challenges back? Would be nice extra way of earning req points or even req packs.

That is something I was amazed wasn't put in the game. Like, the req points + XP in this game would be perfect for it. Atleast, if they did it better then Halo 4. Halo 4 made it really worthless. Having the same challenges every single day/week/month, and it only taking a couple weeks to hit max level made it not fun and worthless.

I remember every day on Reach I would look at the daily and weekly challenges and do them, as they were relatively fun and simple to pull off. I still think they should have gave more XP then they did, but they are still pretty usefull.

Man the only time I'm happy about a disconnect. We were up 138 to 50 on Stronghold but then we just kept taking L after L and they took the lead and then the game disconnected.

I would be so pissed if I was on the other team hahahaha.

Neat, there's a "goal line stand" medal, presumably for returning your flag against all odds in the enemy's base. Dunno if it's specifically for the last cap or not, though.

This we really need this, if 343 wants to use the REQ system for everything fine but at least give us more ways of getting REQ points.

jelly

I love it. Give the game a little extra atmosphere as well. Always liked it in Battlefield.

Trup1aya

Actually, a lot of people hated it when it was first revealed.. Which i find strange considering how useful it is, especially when your teammates are mute or in parties.

jem0208

5 brought back the best collectibles of all in the form of skulls. The intel is actually pretty good as well.

The collectibles are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom