• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective

Guys, guys, guys.... I'm Spartan Charging in!

Ry8rUmj.png

I'll see you all soon :)

Nice.. Congrats :)

TrounceX

Hehe he just some guy in here who got champion in each arena playlist. :p im just puffin smoke and call him the mvp cause noone else has thrown their placment around yet.. Hehe :p

He probably hates me now

Every playlist? Damn he's got me beat. I can't imagine the frustration of getting Champion in Breakout.

BradC00

I know that bro. If you watch my clip you can see.

I killed the guy, and it did not count on the kills overview. Twise.

the video i watched i see someone go for a ground pound, his teammate kills the blue guy, and then the ground pound goes off and he betrays his teammate who rushed in to get a melee or something.

Detective

Just actually watched the clip and yeah, you pounded your buddy ^^

the video i watched i see someone go for a ground pound, his teammate kills the blue guy, and then the ground pound goes off and he betrays his teammate who rushed in to get a melee or something.

the kill gets taken away for a betrayal

loooool

Because the game has been lagging so much lately for me I went crazy apparently.

Sorry guys :)

Sydle

I'm on mission 7 and this has been as much fun as I've ever had with Halo, and I've played them all. I am very much enjoying the abilities like sprint, boost, slide, etc. and the team dynamic is a good addition, even if they aren't the most helpful all the time. The width of the level and the verticality offer so many options that I can't help but want to go through levels again just to play it a bit different next time.

I'm playing on Heroic and I have no idea how people got through this in 4-4.5 hours. Pretty sure I've spent close to that amount of time with it now and I'm half way through it. I'll admit I'm also spending time exploring the environments so I can see what additional paths there are for the next play through and I'm trying to find intel, but even then I don't see how someone got through these levels so quickly given how much work it takes to get through the fights. Perhaps Easy and Normal make it too easy?

Demise

Took a day off of the game to consider the MP.

The MP feels greats, it is nicely done by any means. Congrats to 343i for making what I consider the best Halo MP so far. Stinkles, if your read that : your team did really great. Halo gameplay did not aged very well, but with Halo 5 mp, you put other online shooters to shame. I tried everything from BO3 to Battlefield, even gone back to Titanfall in order to compare and there's no contest : Halo 5 mp is the greatest of them all imo, I can't go back to anything else, they all feel cheap.

The only problems I have with MP are :

- Big Team Battle Slayer is the thing I - and everybody I know - want to play. No CTF, no stronghold. I understand you can't scatter the playlist too much but Big Team Slayer should be one of the star mode instead of Swat or FFA.
- Spartan charge is REALLY satisfying, one of the best feeling out there. It requires to be full speed, wich is already a risk in itself and balance it wisely but I sincerely think you should be invincible - at least to melee - when you're spartan charging someone. You can Spartan charge some new players since they don't know how to deal with it, but the ability is almost useless against a decent player albeit you take him by surprise wich limit its usefullness quite a bit. All you have to do is one to two shots of any weapon - wich isn't difficult since you see someone running at you - and do a melee to kill the player charging.
- You did a great thing regarding maps imo : remove Orion. I think Pegasus is as bad if not more. Slayer is what I consider the classiest of all mode, the Halo refinment at its best. I don't think its the best place to experiment forge map. I would take 4 true maps everyday over 40 forge maps in Slayer.
- I had a huge blast for Beta Truth and I would like the sword to be where it belongs : on the top of the map in place of plasma caster. Plasma Caster actual position makes almost no sens, the weapon is close to useless in closed environment like Truth and yet, it's harder to get than the sword ? You have to take great risk to take the PC, but the sword wich is the key to victory on this map is just below initial spawn position ? Beta Thruth > Actual Thruth imo.
- I LOVE Breakout, great job guy. But god is Gambol sad and painful to play at the same time. It's the only map I can't stand on that mode. Imo, having an all-seeing DMR position 3 meters away from the initial respawn kills the intensity of Breakout on this map. You have to walk on eggs on this map.

Rest is perfectly perfect to me, you succeed to surpass my excpectation by a full mile : Greatest FPS I have ever played so far. I just hope that the next maps for Slayer and Breakout will be great.

Glass

I'm really looking forward to some Breakout maps made in forge with the normal forge canvas, not the breakout specific assets. Hope there ends up being a forge playlist so everyone can experience the great stuff created in there.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I really love the game but....give me more maps screw forge maps it make the game look like ass. I dont care if I have to pay for map pack, I want quality map.

Karl2177

I don't

One thing I hated about H4 was just how big the maps were. Sprint is fine but I like that the maps are small enough to where you don't feel like you need it the majority of the time.

The issue with the small maps is the spawning. The Rig is the best example to show this, because there are essentially 2 open areas and 1 corridor section.

bJT4W8nl.png

If your team has total control of the blue area or red area, more specifically no enemies whatsoever, then it's fine. You'll spawn pretty safe and enemies won't spawn on you either. But if there's an enemy in your team's area or your team is pushing, then the spawn system will put you with your team, which may or may not be in the line of sight of an enemy player. This isn't a fault of the spawn system as much as it is the maps not being large enough to accommodate pushes.

I'm on mission 7 and this has been as much fun as I've ever had with Halo, and I've played them all. I am very much enjoying the abilities like sprint, boost, slide, etc. and the team dynamic is a good addition, even if they aren't the most helpful all the time. The width of the level and the verticality offer so many options that I can't help but want to go through levels again just to play it a bit different next time.

I'm playing on Heroic and I have no idea how people got through this in 4-4.5 hours. Pretty sure I've spent close to that amount of time with it now and I'm half way through it. I'll admit I'm also spending time exploring the environments so I can see what additional paths there are for the next play through and I'm trying to find intel, but even then I don't see how someone got through these levels so quickly given how much work it takes to get through the fights. Perhaps Easy and Normal make it too easy?

I will never understand the length complaints either. My first Heroic playthrough took 8.5 hours and I was rushing through the last third due to RL reasons. It's maybe not quite twice as long as Halo 4 but it's definitely one of the longer games in the series.

The issue with the small maps is the spawning.

This is how I feel as well but I only have 15 hours in Arena so can't really speak with any authority. It does seem like most spawn issues occur because the maps have replaced size with "density" (more ways to move around/more small sections you can use for flanking and so on). I don't think there's much your spawn algorithm can do when the enemy team is spread out enough that they cover most of the map.

I want to replay the cAmpaign on legendary and this time get all skulls and intel. But i remember there isnt a special unlock when you get them except an achievement:(

Playing rockets with american servers is beyond annoying, my explosions seem to be tiny in comparison or the enemy shoots while their spartan is visually only half way through reloading, which is misleading.

Yes i'm going to moan about it because it should not be happening.

Detective

Playing rockets with american servers is beyond annoying, my explosions seem to be tiny in comparison or the enemy shoots while their spartan is visually only half way through reloading, which is misleading.

Yes i'm going to moan about it because it should not be happening.

I've been moaning for days about that issue bro.
Get in the line. :/

Also while I am here does anyone notice that sometimes on spawn you can't swap weapon or even fire for about a second? it's like the sprint delay carries over into the new spawned life if you die while sprinting, or die while changing weapon / climbing into and out vehicles.

It's random and annoying, it's not dropped wireless controller input as it happens when wired too and you can aim fine, just the face buttons have a window of being ignored on press.

Madness

Almost shit the bed my first rumble rockets match, just no flow. Dead last, like 9 kills, 18 deaths, and then went on a tear right near the end to at least finish with an almost killing frenzy. FFA is just too crazy in this game on these maps with these spawns.

Strider

This isn't a fault of the spawn system as much as it is the maps not being large enough to accommodate pushes.

Not saying small maps don't effect the spawns in a negative way because they do but it is absolutely a problem with the spawn system itself right now. Way more so than the size of the maps.

We've seen a good number of clips in this very thread where spawns are horrific even on the larger BTB maps. simply adding more playable space isn't going to fix the issue the way you're saying it will.

Agree to disagree tho. I for one think smaller maps is a good thing and the constant action they provide is awesome. Smaller Maps like Warlock and guardian have always been my favorite in the halo series.

Speaking of scoped guns I unlocked a longshot BR but because it has the bayonett i'll never use it because it's right up there at req 8, i'll just use my req 6 DMR k thx.

BraXzy

God damn rumble rockets is horrible

even after getting onyx in it lol so easy to get onyx

Rank placement is definitely off for Rockets. It was like that for the other weekend playlists too I noticed.

Still though, am I the only one who thinks the double XP isn't working?

Welfare

Suicides should not count in Rumble Rockets. This is so stupid and it's not fun when all the matches I've lost so far have been because of them. Always hit 25 first but some stupid suicide happens because the radius is so big on these rockets and it's either get a kill and suicide, meaning no points, or I have to let the enemy get the kill.

Defect

Suicides should not count in Rumble Rockets. This is so stupid and it's not fun when all the matches I've lost so far have been because of them. Always hit 25 first but some stupid suicide happens because the radius is so big on these rockets and it's either get a kill and suicide, meaning no points, or I have to let the enemy get the kill.
I was just about to complain about the same thing.

malfcn

Rumble is fun. But it's sad to lose when you hit someone with rockets, and they don't die. 😕

Just got Onyx 1500 is RR.
What's that mean?

Whoo. Got green machine, DMR skin.

Welfare

Got my Onyx in RR. Faced a Champion. He sucked.

I think it was stated before, but just want to be sure. When you unlock the Nadir emblem, that means I'm done with Bronze packs, right?

Obscured

Got my Onyx in RR. Faced a Champion. He sucked.

I think it was stated before, but just want to be sure. When you unlock the Nadir emblem, that means I'm done with Bronze packs, right?

I think so. I also got a RP card for 600 when I was done with bronze packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom