• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo battle royale reportedly cancelled after years of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Speaking on the XboxEra podcast, reliable insider Shpeshal_Nick said the game, codenamed Project Tatanka, had seemingly been cancelled.

While officially unannounced by Microsoft itself, Certain Affinity had discussed the project publicly in broad terms several times, and said in late 2022 that it had been in the works for more than two years, with nearly 100 people then working on it.

dottme

The GaaS cycle remind me the MMORPG cycle after WoW where every publisher tried to get their own WoW success. Most of them died.

clarky

Gold Member
Yeah this is old news. As far as i was aware it had evolved into its own thing is still under active dev using unreal.

Jinzo Prime

I hope Certain Affinity is working on a Halo Battlefront style game. Halo has a universe that could support it.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
"reliable insider Shpeshal_Nick said...."

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Makes sense. It took too long and now BR is not a popular genre anymore where any new entrant can gain traction. Only the established powerhouses - PUBG, Fortnite and Warzone - are reigning supreme.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Makes sense. It took too long and now BR is not a popular genre anymore where any new entrant can gain traction. Only the established powerhouses - PUBG, Fortnite and Warzone - are reigning supreme.

Naraka Bladepoint and Fall Guys are doing great. Plus there's a bunch of BR games on mobile that are really profitable as well.

Need to see a few more flops before you can reliably call the genre over with.

ZoukGalaxy

They waste money on things nobody asked then they say to us "we have to increase games prices because of production cost"

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Last edited:

Phase

Halo and BF are so similar. They alienated their core audience and have been floundering ever since. Bring them back to the core of what made them successful and they'd do alright. Not like before, but successful no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom