• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite multiplayer is 113k concurrent player on steam now

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Didnt this literally just go up on the store front?

Also thank god for steam. I was afraid I was going to have to go through this on the xbox store. Had an absolutely atrocious mp experience in Forza just yesterday.
That's same for Steam, they have probably some backend issues still

GHG

Gold Member
please try to complain harder, this is not enough for qualifying for the League

Actually he should complain harder because those are pretty basic features for a PC game, especially the latter two.

They will probably want to have those options there before they start charging money for it.

RPS37

Actually he should complain harder because those are pretty basic features for a PC game, especially the latter two.

They will probably want to have those options there before they start charging money for it.
This is technically a beta and a f2p game.

Saying the game is F2P isn't a valid excuse. I've been a PC gamer for all my gaming life and I was there when F2P games started on PC before it ever made its way to console.

This game is coming from a AAA developer and the largest software company in the world. At least a fullscreen option should be in this game. Warzone has Fullscreen.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member

It's funny to see this because there's literally a discussion going on right now about how/why devs release broken/half baked games.

Meanwhile in this thread someone points out the lack of necessary options for the PC version and he's berated. Like clockwork we get one or a selection of the following:

"but it's a beta/alpha"

"but it's free"

"shut up, I'm having fun"

Wonderful. No wonder things continuously get worse with every passing year. The whole point of a beta is to point out issues like the ones he mentioned in case they were not already aware.

Last edited:

b0bbyJ03

Bunch of fake concerned citizens, mostly fanboys, tried to downplay Forza Horizon 5's success saying the player count is from all the people who pirated the game on PC. So, I'm now saying I feel really bad for 343 that their f2p MP is being pirated by all those green rats on the PC platform.
lol. ok. I figured it was along those lines. Halo was my jam in college and I was obsessed with gaming but now I have a 2 year old so I don't keep up... This announcement brought me back to my glory days. lol.

Concern

Power Rangers Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This isn't fair. Won't be able to play till later on 🤣🤣

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Holy shit. It just released a couple hours ago in the middle of the afternoon. And thats just steam.

I'll download it now on Xbox. Give it a whirl after dinner. I know I suck at Halo, but if I can go 1:1 KD over time and win 50% hoping the rest of the team carries me I'll be happy.

kingfey

Banned
It's funny to see this because there's literally a discussion going on right now about how/why devs release broken/half baked games.

Meanwhile in this thread someone points out the lack of necessary options for the PC version and he's berated. Like clockwork we get one or a selection of the following:

"but it's a beta/alpha"

"but it's free"

"shut up, I'm having fun"

Wonderful. No wonder things continuously get worse with every passing year. The whole point of a beta is to point out issues like the ones he mentioned in case they were not already aware.
When people gets complicit with these type of releases, we get cyperpunk2077 situation.

As of now, Halo hasnt hit the real test. 2-3 days, and we will have a server issues, other bugs, and more issues for people to discover it.

elliot5

when will people stop bitching about no exclusive fullscreen option... DX12 doesn't have exclusive fullscreen. It's placebo. It makes no difference. Stop thinking that'll give you magic frames in this game

Last edited:

tmlDan

when will people stop bitching about no exclusive fullscreen option... DX12 doesn't have exclusive fullscreen. It's placebo. It makes no difference. Stop thinking that'll give you magic frames in this game
I think its a valid complaint, stop downplaying it.

If MS touts that all games are xbox and PC we deserve all the features other PC games have.

elliot5

I think its a valid complaint, stop downplaying it.

If MS touts that all games are xbox and PC we deserve all the features other PC games have.
i literally do not understand the difference between borderless fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen with DX12 games. Your game is fullscreen. The performance is the same. What's there to need? Why is there such demand for it outside of people thinking it would make a difference in-game performance wise?

Tech Preview 2 Outcomes | Halo - Official Site (en) (halowaypoint.com)
Demystifying Fullscreen Optimizations - DirectX Developer Blog (microsoft.com)

"Exclusive Fullscreen is an interesting one. When reading the feedback from most players, they wanted exclusive fullscreen because they believed it would give them significant performance advantages. While that used to be accurate a few years ago, that is actually no longer the case due to some fundamental changes with Windows 10, and it is not applicable to DirectX 12 (Infinite is DirectX 12 only). Not to get too technical here, but you can read up on this update here. If exclusive fullscreen would have increased perf over our current options, we would’ve prioritized it higher on our list and pursued it. However, there are still other use cases for players, such as accessibility and just personal preference, and we do want to give players the choice. It will not be something that comes immediately post-launch, but we will be investigating how to expose this as an option."

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It deserves all the options a pc game should have. It needs voicing so we can get it.

I'm currently playing on console in dolby vision and Holy cow!

kingfey

Banned
Yep, I'm not upset that it's 8:20am in Australia and I have to start work with Halo Infinite just having finished downloading on my Series X.

Sitting there. Waiting to be played.

Not upset at all.

Nope.
I have full schedule, and my free time to play a game is Wednesday. That is my only free time for halo.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
First Halo launch on PC and its free? Yeah this was always going to be big. EA and DICE should take note.

Top Bottom